PDA

View Full Version : Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4x, Let's Play

Ilena
2011-08-16, 12:42 AM
Well, here goes. Ive never actually done a lets play before so go easy on me :P

But I'm going to attempt a lets play for one of the most complex games I've ever played. There is an insane amount of options as I'm sure you will see in just the opening window. There's a few options that I'm going to say I will pick, but the rest will be up to you guys.

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php - This here is the main website for Aurora itself, anyone who wishes to partake in ship designing i would recommend at least a glance at it :P But I will be taking heavy amount of screen shots of each page showing all the options, costs and so forth with each page so designing the ship over the internet SHOULDNT HOPEFULLY be too hard. Or at least you could all vote on a option of what you want the ship to do, some things to have in it and so forth and i could build it.

As i said this game is insanely complex, to the point where not only do you design the SHIPS, but the COMPONENTS that go with the ships. Want to design a missile that fires from the ship, then when it gets close to the enemy, deploys 3 actual damaging missiles? You can do that, (dont entirely know how but im sure we can figure it out in trial and error :P) Want to have slow lumbering barges, or fast attack ships? Done deal, everything scales up as you put more components into a ship. Where you can have a ship that can do everything, and go forever but you need a massive shipyard to be able to build it. (not very cost effective of a ship anyway)

What I'm shooting for is, you folk on here will form a "senate" and tell me what you guys want. Ill play through following your directives as best as I can, when something interesting/ important pops up on the events, ill go post said event on here for you to discuss and give directions on. Now as for the opening screen.

http://s752.photobucket.com/albums/xx167/LadyDestra/?action=view&current=OpenningScreen.jpg - Edit - Sorry bout the pic, I've never been able to get it to actually DISPLAY the picture on the post :S

On here the choices you folks have are as follows.

Starting year - Doesn't overly effect anything in game.
Max Number of systems - would prefer a larger one but hey if you want 5 systems, wont be interesting but ya.
Non player race generation chance - basically the random chance that other empires will form and exist.
Min number of comets in system - Self explanatory,
Empire Title - What we are called
Species Name - Duh

Main Empire Theme - Literally i believe this is more of the naming theme of our ships, systems, planets, ect ect, I was hoping to find something that i could copy and paste the massive number of selections but ...... think most major countries (and some non major), fantasy, norse, knights templar, demonic realm , tolkien, and more ... best to suggest something (honestly, it might be there) and roll with it. (though there is an option called shotgun, have no idea what that would be)

Homeworld name - Course we dont want to be called Earth do we? :P

Commander Theme - I believe ...... I'm not entirely sure but maybe related to officer names or titles? But we have things like, all the major civilizations, hobbits, medieval, machine race 1 and 2, alien race 1 and 2, umm ferengi (oddly enough no klingon ...)

Starting Pop - We can play with that all we want to a point, things that will cripple us (like having 1 mil people, or no mines or research (not so crippling BUT hard ...) Both wealth and industrial im keeping at 100% though.

Starting System - How many jump points going to other systems is in our home system. And if we have stuff surveyed already.

Now on to the other half.

In this case I'm going to create Sol system to start in.

Non-NPR computer opponents - basically they are all challenging, all higher tech then we will be and yes. Adds a much "fun" element!

Computer controlled empires - litterally sets the game to say, YES someone IS out there. You may never meet them (litterally depending on your sensors and such, an entire armada can fly through a system and you would never know it.

Optional Simplifications ..... totally up to you guys. But if all the works done for you and things dont break down? Wheres the "fun" in that?

Commanders, inexperienced fleets and real star systems. Whatever you guys want with that. Personally I would leave commanders and fleets as they are.

Orbital motion - planets and moons (im not going to turn on moving asteroids for system performance) Basicly do you want planets to orbit their suns?

But ok, i hope that gets everyone started. I hope i didnt miss anything but any questions post here and ill do my best to answer them. Hope to have our glorious empires senate and ruling body soon!

Ilena
2011-08-16, 07:07 AM
Starting Tech - This is what i started the game with (my choice not the games)

Turret Tracking Speed 2000km
Jump Theory
Turret Tracking Speed 3000km
Pebble Bed Reactor
Nuclear Pulse Engine Tech
Gravitational Sensors

Minerals at time of survey - Established Mining Colonies Only

Qo'noS
Duranium 430,652 Acc: 0.9
Neutronium 42,458 Acc: 0.8
Corbomite 37,384 Acc: 0.3
Tritanium 29,379 Acc: 0.4
Boronide 2,883 Acc: 0.3
Mercassium 14,789 Acc: 0.2
Vendarite 16,489 Acc: 0.2
Sorium 31,763 Acc: 0.7
Uridium 64,289 Acc: 0.2
Corundium 3,996 Acc: 0.34
Gallicite 33,179 Acc: 0.4

----

Mercury
Duranium 933,525 Acc: 0.8
Corbomite 314,945 Acc: 0.8
Tritanium 729,316 Acc: 0.4
Boronide 4,930,176 Acc: 0.1
Mercassium 21,433 Acc: 0.1

----

Venus
Duranium 22,972,270 Acc: 0.9
Corbomite 18,463,520 Acc: 0.1
Tritanium 33,755,170 Acc: 0.1
Vendarite 34,462,060 Acc: 0.1
Corundium 443,183 Acc: 0.2
Gallicite 1,937,553 Acc: 0.1

----

Sol-A Asteroid #79
Duranium 1,270 Acc: 1
Neutronium 130 Acc: 1
Mercassium 864 Acc: 1
Vendarite 123 Acc: 1
Sorium 144 Acc: 1
Corundium 253 Acc: 1
Gallicite 262 Acc: 1

----

Titan
Duranium 429,665 Acc: 0.5
Mercassium 4,350,353 Acc: 0.1
Vendarite 414,414 Acc: 0.1
Uridium 3,437,316 Acc: 0.2
Corundium 80,231 Acc: 0.4
Gallicite 129,960 Acc: 0.2

Starship Classes

B'Moth class Geological Survey Vessel 2,000 tons 186 Crew 369 BP TCS 40 TH 160 EM 0
4000 km/s Armour 1-14 Shields 0-0 Sensors 1/1/0/2 Damage Control Rating 1 PPV 0
Maint Life 3.81 Years MSP 115 AFR 32% IFR 0.4% 1YR 12 5YR 187 Max Repair 100 MSP

Military Impulse Engine Mark 1 (4) Power 40 Fuel Use 100% Signature 40 Armour 0 Exp 5%
Fuel Capacity 100,000 Litres Range 90.0 billion km (260 days at full power)

Active Search Sensor MR10-R100 (1) GPS 2000 Range 10.0m km Resolution 100
Geological Survey Sensors (2) 2 Survey Points Per Hour

This design is classed as a Military Vessel for maintenance purposes

---------

Gr'oth class Gravitational Survey Vessel 2,000 tons 186 Crew 369 BP TCS 40 TH 160 EM 0
4000 km/s Armour 1-14 Shields 0-0 Sensors 1/1/2/0 Damage Control Rating 1 PPV 0
Maint Life 3.81 Years MSP 115 AFR 32% IFR 0.4% 1YR 12 5YR 187 Max Repair 100 MSP

Military Impulse Engine Mark 1 (4) Power 40 Fuel Use 100% Signature 40 Armour 0 Exp 5%
Fuel Capacity 100,000 Litres Range 90.0 billion km (260 days at full power)

Active Search Sensor MR10-R100 (1) GPS 2000 Range 10.0m km Resolution 100
Gravitational Survey Sensors (2) 2 Survey Points Per Hour

This design is classed as a Military Vessel for maintenance purposes

---------

Hor'cha class Freighter 31,400 tons 178 Crew 313.5 BP TCS 628 TH 400 EM 0
636 km/s Armour 1-88 Shields 0-0 Sensors 1/1/0/0 Damage Control Rating 1 PPV 0
MSP 6 Max Repair 25 MSP
Cargo 25000 Cargo Handling Multiplier 15

Commercial Impulse Engine Mark 1 (4) Power 100 Fuel Use 10% Signature 100 Armour 0 Exp 1%
Fuel Capacity 50,000 Litres Range 28.6 billion km (520 days at full power)

This design is classed as a Commercial Vessel for maintenance purposes

----------

Korinar class Luxury Liner 16,100 tons 553 Crew 632 BP TCS 322 TH 400 EM 0
1242 km/s Armour 1-56 Shields 0-0 Sensors 1/1/0/0 Damage Control Rating 1 PPV 0
MSP 25 Max Repair 25 MSP
Passengers 1000 Cargo Handling Multiplier 15

Commercial Impulse Engine Mark 1 (4) Power 100 Fuel Use 10% Signature 100 Armour 0 Exp 1%
Fuel Capacity 50,000 Litres Range 55.9 billion km (520 days at full power)

------------

Ya'Vang class Courier 2,900 tons 73 Crew 113 BP TCS 58 TH 200 EM 0
3448 km/s Armour 1-18 Shields 0-0 Sensors 1/1/0/0 Damage Control Rating 1 PPV 0
MSP 24 Max Repair 25 MSP

Commercial Impulse Engine Mark 1 (2) Power 100 Fuel Use 10% Signature 100 Armour 0 Exp 1%
Fuel Capacity 50,000 Litres Range 310.3 billion km (1041 days at full power)

Hulls Laid Down

1 Ya'Vang Class courier
3 Klothos Class Colony Ships
5 Hor'cha Class Freighters

Dublock
2011-08-16, 09:57 AM
This looks really cool, and I love complex space type games. You have my interest for sure. *also looks into getting the game for himself :smalltongue:*

Looking at the tutorial as I do this :smallamused:

As for the options...

Starting year - Doesn't matter to me, default if there is one.
Max Number of systems - Larger the better. 3k?
Non player race generation chance - 100% More "fun" :smalltongue:
Min number of comets in system - 15? Not sure yet. It doesn't go into much detail about this.

Main Empire Theme - Ok, I got a great idea and yes you can totally tell what I am about to (re)watch on netflix.

Klingon

Empire Title - Klingon Empire
Species Name - Klingon
Homeworld name - Qo'noS

Commander Theme - "(oddly enough no klingon ...) " :smalleek: I totally did not see this. But for my bad memory I am going to say U.S. lol.

Starting Pop - 750M I took the avg of 500m and 1000m in the tips :smalltongue:

Starting System - Does not go into detail, he says put 6 done and move on. So I am going to say 5, cause I rarely listen completely :smalltongue:

Non-NPR computer opponents - 2?

Computer controlled empires - Says to have 1 and the game will develop more as the game goes on, so I guess 1.

Optional Simplifications They say doesn't touch it, you say up to me, I almost never pick the simple option. Nope. :smalltongue:

Commanders, inexperienced fleets and real star systems. Leave as they are. This game looks complex without it.

Orbital motion -Yes please, I know it will bother me if its off. (Yes I am a space nerd, having done a good amount of space work.)

Oh and I recommend a fluff of High council instead of senate (Fluff as in we call it High council or H.C. instead of Senate to fit my theme :P). I am totally going to get and play with this game now :smallbiggrin:

Edit: I left my notes randomly in the post, (Had to look up the spelling of the home world :P)

Edit 2: I am trying out the game now, and wow you were not kidding about number of options nor how complex it is. This is a good thing, I got two weeks of nothing to do before school starts :smallbiggrin:

Mistral
2011-08-16, 10:22 AM
Ah, I look forward so much to this. I love this game, and seeing a Let's Play will make things entertaining. Also, a link you may like to use is the Aurora Wiki (http://aurorawiki.pentarch.org/). It's probably not always up to date, but it is a very, very useful resource in a game with as little documentation as this. This really depends on how much you've played the game, but my opinion on initial parameters:

Basic Parameters: Default.
NPR Generation Chance: 25%. I'd like to be able to see colonization as a viable option, in addition to conquest.

Starting Empire Parameters: Default (no preference)
Government Type: Go for a straightforward democratic type, if we're playing a Senate. I can't remember the full list or how each affects your initial shipyards/research points/research labs, but you can scroll through and pick something that sounds nice and plush, like Representative Democracy. It's more fluff than anything, beyond the initial conditions which can be overwritten directly.
Trans-Newtonian Empire: Faster initial start due to the boosts in research and infrastructure; make things with the initial NPRs (who always start with the same Trans-Newtonian Empire base) a little more "fair" at first contact, which is a good idea if you're worried about them. I always go Conventional myself since you can tailor your initial conventional (i.e. present-day) industries to your own needs, but that's also going to put you behind the NPRs.
Commander Theme: Stick with English for now; we can always add other nationalities in the Race page along with percentages for incidence rates (i.e., if you want half of your commanders English, 20% Russian, 15% Chinese, 10% Spanish, and 5% Hobbit, you can do that), and we can also rename all of our commanders, civilian or military, to match people from the thread.

Species Tolerance: Default.

Starting Population: 1 billion, to make things a bit faster at the get-go. If I recall, initial NPRs will start with the same population, though I'm not positive on that.
Initial Research Facilities: 20 or the Government default, whichever is higher.

Starting System:
Sol Jump Points: 5. This reduces the odds of cul-de-sac issues (where Sol generates with only one or two jump points, both of which go into "hazard" systems), but puts us right on a hyperspace nexus, which will make for an interesting strategic situation.
Surveys Completed: None. Well, maybe System Body if you don't feel like dancing geosurvey ships through Sol's asteroid and Kuiper belts.

Starting Tech: Default. This will change based on what Government Type you choose, though you can override it.
Assign Starting Tech Points Automatically: Off. The tech tree (http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=8) can be downloaded here; by turning this off, we players can vote on how we want our initial points distributed in SM mode, beyond must-buys like "Trans-Newtonian Tech" and the power plants/engine drives to start on grav-surveys from the get-go.

Non-NPR Opponents: Precursors, Swarm, and Invaders on. Precursors (a TL4-5 ancient empire destroyed millenia ago, leaving only automated remnants) and Swarm (semi-intelligent spacefaring bugs) to make things interesting, Invaders (who curb-stomped the Precursors in the first place) to keep things "fun". :smallamused:

NPRs: Default. NPRs are also generated with a defined probability (in Basic Parameters) at a random level of tech development, from pre-space to your own level. This parameter will, by default, give us one enemy equivalent to us, the Klingons to our Federation (or Federation to our Klingons), the Kzinti to our Humans, the Ming the Merciless to our Flash Gordon, and so forth, in addition to any new NPRs generated as we explore.

Optional Simplifications: Off. As you say, no fun in it if no one needs jump ships or overhauls.

Commanders: Realistic Promotions on, Political Promotions off. Just so we don't need to deal with any nepotism, though it also reduces personality traits to pure fluff.

Inexperienced Fleets: On. This way, we can't just expect a slap-dash fleet to work perfectly out of the box, but need to give them time to work up together.

Real Star Systems: On. Who wouldn't want to explore Alpha Centauri, or fight space battles off Wolf 359. We can rename any of these we want to, anyways.

Orbital Motion: Planets on, asteroids off. You mentioned that your computer probably won't be able to handle the thousands or tens of thousands of orbital calculations activating asteroids will require, especially once we start really exploring.

Martok
2011-08-16, 12:40 PM
I've seen Aurora mentioned before over on the Wargamer forums. I suspect it's too complex for my tastes, but I've read a couple damn good AAR's for this game. Am very much looking forward to this one!

psilontech
2011-08-16, 03:20 PM
Aurora. Freaking Aurora.

It looks like so much fun, and I've done some interesting things with it, but I've still not managed to really master it. Learning curve in excess of that of Dwarf Fortress to a great degree.

The most interesting thing I managed to do was strap engines to an asteroid and ram it into a planet. I honestly don't remember how I did this.

Anyway... I don't have any suggestions, but will be watching with interest. Good Luck!

Ilena
2011-08-16, 05:59 PM
Well, the senate can be named whatever you guys want to come up with, its no big deal, i just called it senate so people would know what it means :P

Also I think i will start the Lets Play on, lets say saterday morning. Give lots of time for a few more people to log in and vote and gives me time to learn the game a little more. Only been playin a few days and havnt gotten very far :D I thought this would be an awesome way to learn and maybe teach other people and get more interested in the game itself.

Also on a side note, things that need to be voted on as well, should we give ourselves free tech at the start to get off the ground or no? (Personally be kinda boring if we couldnt scan astrial bodies and such)

And free ships at the start, like grav survey and geo survey ships.

Ilena
2011-08-19, 07:06 AM
Anyone else want to vote? Looks like at the moment we will be the Klingon Empire. I can imagine the first ship we build being a warship :P

Though speaking of ships,i was planning on starting with a standard tutorial start of 2 geosurvey ships and 2 grav survey ships. I would like to put to vote what the first tech to research would be, as well as plantary constructions and research projects would be.

Dublock
2011-08-19, 08:52 AM
Having played a game for a few more hours I now know enough to be somewhat more useful :smallcool: Of course I only gotten to the next system over but still :smalltongue:

I have yet to even see combat (and hope I don't until I know I can make a decent ship :P) and we should leave the possibility that you might not see combat for a while.

Edit for my votes on a few things.

I only really know what I've done and what makes sense in the big picture, still new to the game after all. Construction of mines should be a priority, can't make a fleet without materials, or colonies. Perhaps a Mass drive as well, fling stuff to Mars. (are you using real systems? I vote yes).

Research I am not to sure. For my game I picked next level of power and engines, but I have no idea if that is a good idea or not.

Mistral
2011-08-19, 09:48 AM
Definitely build automated mines, as well as two or three mass drivers; automated mines won't need people to run them. If we go Trans-Newtonian start, we shouldn't need to worry about converting conventional industries up to a modern tech base, but we will need to worry about getting enough elements. Homeworlds always start with a decent stockpile of all elements, but by the same token, there's never enough of all of them, and we'll start running out after one or two decades if we don't get some decent off-world colonies and mining settlements going. Once you identify a rich asteroid, planet (if you're really lucky, Mars will have a decent stockpile, giving you a two-for), or convenient comet (all comets are quite rich in ores, but they have an awkward tendency to fly out to the Oort Cloud and beyond, and not all systems generate with them), plop down some automated mines and a mass driver, then start shooting the ores back to Earth for use in manufacturing. Just make sure you keep at least one Mass Driver on Earth to catch the projectiles, too; shooting half a dozen 22 ton ore packets traveling something like 3000 km/s at Earth is generally the very definition of Fun.

For initial research, if you go with automatic tech buy instead of picking out yourself, it'll depend on what the tech buy gives you, as well as what tech teams you have. I'd research up to Nuclear Pulse engines if you can, make sure you have the critical colonization/freighter techs in Logistics (Cargo Storage, Cryogenic Storage, Cargo Handling Systems), and then check to see what's available. You'll probably automatically get jump drives and grav sensors as well, so that's probably not something to worry about either. I'd advise some upgrades to passive sensors (EM and Thermal) to reduce the odds of getting jumped, and probably some missile techs as well if we're going militant.

For ship design, I'd definitely recommend starting with designs for geosurveyer, gravsurveyer, colonizer, and freighter, even if you don't actually build them all to start with. Freighters should also carry a multiple of 5 cargo spaces for cargo capacity to avoid being forced to carry fractions of installations, which are generally useless until completed, and adding the same number of Cargo Handling Systems will cut hours off the loading and unloading times on planets that don't have a spaceport. Plus, even if you don't build colonizer ships or freighters for yourself, having commercial designs for them ready and locked will let civilian contractors build and operate them once you establish your first off-world colony by putting either people or infrastructure on another world, which makes things a lot easier.

Ilena
2011-08-19, 06:08 PM
mhmm absolutely. I was going to go with no auto selection for tech and just instant a few techs that let us build geo survey ships right off the bat, i was planning on having to research grav stuff and so forth in a logical progression, with lp will of course be heavy rp. At the moment it looks like we will be the klingon empire and of course be heavily militant, (who also happens to start in the sol system :P)

From what you guys are saying it seems like your implying that i will make all the choices and reply what happens on here in a writeup, i was more going for you guys vote on options, i present what happens and so forth. Be quite complex but hey, its no fun playing alone even if someone watches whats going on :P I of course will break any ties in votes but ya.

billtodamax
2011-08-20, 07:16 AM
This looks fascinating - is there a link to a good tutorial anywhere?

Ilena
2011-08-20, 11:46 AM
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/board,101.0.html - Best your going to find on a tutorial ...

Am currently playing through the klingon empire, i made some averages based on both your settings and took a screenie of it, currently setting up the ships and starting tech (not taking too much just a bit of things id think klingons would develop before heading into space ... still trying to decide if i should arm the survey ships and i feel that i probably should ... )

also , need names for 4 survey ships, 3 colony ships 5 freighters and what soon will be combat ships lets say ... 5 of those.

billtodamax
2011-08-20, 05:30 PM
The S.S Ess.

James the Dark
2011-08-20, 06:51 PM
The H.M.S SMH

Pronounced Smuh?, question mark mandatory.

Dublock
2011-08-20, 09:20 PM
If only for my own memory I would prefer if we have a name for each class of ship and then numbered.

I am REALLY bad at naming, I always let the random naming thing pick them :smalltongue:

Ilena
2011-08-21, 01:40 AM
(Well, all ships classes, the first hull laid down keeps the name of the class, all others are fair game :P I WILL try to keep it organized in a list that will be posted, all ships will have their class name, what they belong to, and their status, and perhaps what fleet they are attached to, or something like that)

The game setup screen.

http://s752.photobucket.com/albums/xx167/LadyDestra/Aurora%20Lets%20Play/?action=view&current=GameGeneration.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------
High Council log, Star Date 01.01.2025

A new year dawns on January 1st, 2025. A fitting day, a new year, a new beginning for the empire. Our first 4 vessels have been launched from the planetary shipyards at Qo'noS. While those 4 ships are not warships, they will assist the Empire in expansion immensely as two of them scan for resources to pillage on other spacial bodies and the other two ... those look for portals to other systems. The egg heads call them, "jump points", everyone refers to the mysterious things as "Worm holes" though no one has ever seen one even though they insist they exist.

I pray they are right for there is not much of interest, or much to fight in this system. Traveling to the nearest star would take decades with the engines we have. Our egg heads have already got to work on the latest technologies to power our soon to be mighty war fleet. Their list will be included at the end of this log.

Research Report

http://s752.photobucket.com/albums/xx167/LadyDestra/Aurora%20Lets%20Play/?action=view&current=ResearchJan1st2025.jpg

We do have 8 impressive shipyards in orbit, that have been constructed through much hard work and blood. 4 of them are designed to build the military warships of the empire when they are designed and the other 4 are designed to build the commercial side. Those 4 will be put into service immediately building cargo freighters and colony ships to settle on other words. Shipyard sizes and their constructions will be included at the end of this log.

The egg heads have also designed an interesting device, they call it a "Mass Driver". They insist that when places upon other worlds they can fire whatever minerals are harvested back to Qo'noS. Though we require one here to "catch" it. This method saves having to have a ship pick it up. Sounds dangerous, I like it.

Construction for shipyards and factories.

http://s752.photobucket.com/albums/xx167/LadyDestra/Aurora%20Lets%20Play/?action=view&current=Shipyards2025.jpg

http://s752.photobucket.com/albums/xx167/LadyDestra/Aurora%20Lets%20Play/?action=view&current=ShipyardProduction2025Jan1.jpg

http://s752.photobucket.com/albums/xx167/LadyDestra/Aurora%20Lets%20Play/?action=view&current=Jan1st2025Constructionreport.jpg

The last remaining topic to follow is the current status of the homeworld. It is a good beginning and will make a strong Empire.

http://s752.photobucket.com/albums/xx167/LadyDestra/Aurora%20Lets%20Play/?action=view&current=StartingStatusReport.jpg

The first officer reports have been sent to my desk. These are the following who have gained their posting.

http://s752.photobucket.com/albums/xx167/LadyDestra/Aurora%20Lets%20Play/?action=view&current=FirstTurnOfficerUpdates.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------

Star date 02.25.2025

By the great Kahless they were right. The first wormhole was discovered, we have no idea where it leads but no one can doubt our destiny! Our first Geological team was assembled as well. It is not glorious like on the battlefield but it is necessary.

Shortly after writing this report the second wormhole has been discovered. This is impressive! There shall be much honor gained for those captains and crews of the B'Moth and H.M.S. SMH. The first survey team also were successful in finding more Duranium upon Qo'noS, doubling our deposits here.

http://s752.photobucket.com/albums/xx167/LadyDestra/Aurora%20Lets%20Play/?action=view&current=May9thGeoTeamSuccess.jpg

Most impressive figures, though we need more ... always more. A third warp point was discovered in the month of May.

---------------------------------------------

Star Date 08.24.2025 - The ship Ya'Vang is launched. The first and quite possibly only of its class. It will ferry all personal within the empire to locations. It is the first ship completed since the first 4 were launched 8 months ago. The remaining freighters and colony ships are still 2 years away.

4th warp point was found shortly after the launch, an impressive thing. 4 ways to exit, to find glory and battle. But 4 ways for an enemy to come to us. Even better! Though at the moment we lack anything to fire back ... something that shall have to be rectified quickly. Our fire control technology just reached 2000km. Hopefully soon we will be able to design a warship to utilize this. Though 3000km would be far more preferable.

--------------

The 5th and 6 warp points were found at the beginning of 2026, I am informed that that is all that can be found. I was also informed that we are now able to ferry troops to other words and unload them. While this could suit for planetary invasion, it could take hours to unload. This small flaw will need to be looked at before a suitable landing craft can be designed.

---------------

Star Date 08.22.2026

The next ships, 5 Hor'cha class freighters are launched. This is glorious news as we can now setup off world colonies. Planets Venus and Mercury now have mass drivers and automated mines being ferried to them. Mars has a supply of infrastructure being deployed there for future colonization. The moon titan has also received a mass driver and automated mines for its large deposits of minerals. A passing asteroid designated Sol-A Asteroid #40 has also received a mass driver due to high levels of the fuel source "Sorium"

-------------------

Star Date 01.01.2027

Our first civilian freighter was launched today. It marks a new beginning, just two years after the empire finished its first ships. So did the civilian sector. It is a proud day to be a Klingon. We have also completed several research projects in the previous years, tracking computers now track up to 3000km, new disruptors, referred to as visible light laser is now complete letting us design the newest energy weapons for our ships. Designs into the new B'rel or Bird of Prey are under way. Two years after going to space for the first time, the empire will soon have warships under construction to protect its assets.

------------------------------------------

Highly Classified Top Secret.

Research is progressing into the theory that we may be able to reflect light or "Cloak" our ships, this will give us an amazing tactical advantage in any combat. This will require looking into but this technology will require much study.

(Well, first writeup for the klingon empire, tried to make it as interesting as i could. Hope you like it!)

Miklus
2011-08-21, 02:17 PM
Also , need names for 4 survey ships, 3 colony ships 5 freighters and what soon will be combat ships lets say ... 5 of those.

Sure, I'll be in the senate. I have absolutely no idea what is going on, but what politician does? Can we have multiple choises to pick from?

Survey ship names:
Columbus
Magellan
Marco Polo
Knud Rasmussen

Colony ships:
CS Eden
CS Haven
CS Paradiso

Freighters
FS Amanda Maersk
FS Beatrice Maersk
FS Caroline Maersk
FS Doria Maersk
FS Elaine Maersk

Fighters:
SS Peter Tordenskiold
SS Niels Juel
SS Ivar Huitfeldt
SS Peter Willemoes
SS Carl Wilhelm Jessen

Ilena
2011-08-27, 07:02 AM
Data Corrupted .... log section lost ...

Star Date 20.... Deployment of the first combat ships code named Mik'Rel proceeded on schedule. First 2 ships are now in orbit of Qo'noS. The third will be deployed within months. Two new ships have been laid down to be completed within a year.

.... .... ..... The first .... escort ships, Destroyer Escort Ki'Tang and DE Klothos have been launched. They will provide anti missile and disruptor fire for the Mik'Rels. There have been several issues with the new missile destroyers, they seem to have a lack of supplies to carry out repairs and not enough maintenance crew to keep everything running ... the lead designer of the ships has been assigned to clean garbage scows. A better use of his talents. A redesign of the Mik'Rel has been issues, slightly larger and slower but with extra supplies to repair damaged systems. A far superior vessel.

Star Date 11.16.2033 - Retrofits complete for the I.K.S. Drovana from Mik'Rel to Mik'Rel Mark 2 the other 4 warships will be done asap.

Star Date 12.17.2034 - The first jump capable ship has been launched. The most important step to a true intergalatic empire.

Star Date 12.19.2034 - First jump for any klingon ship, the I.K.S. Maklen jumped into a new mostly unremarkable system. It has been named Alpha Centauri, a name suggested by the first officer. It is a binary system with nothing around the primary, the secondary star has 4 worlds, non habitable and 170 asteriods.

Ship sensors detected 3 wrecks around the primary star, 23350 tons, 15700 tons, 7850 tons. The captain immediately headed for the jump point and jumped back to Sol, whatever destroyed those ships could still be there. When the new jump destroyers are built a combat fleet will move in to clean the system.