PDA

View Full Version : I wonder what Belkar's lover looks like...

Garwain
2011-08-16, 08:41 AM
Roy has Celia, V got hir mate, Elan and Haley found eachother, even Durkon got a love affair.
I wonder what creature would be willing to voluntarely invest in a long term relationship with Belkar...

Jalor
2011-08-16, 08:42 AM
Belkar is, how to put this politely... optimized for random encounters, not long-term engagements. It's safe to say he's not getting a love interest.

CloakedDancer
2011-08-16, 09:12 AM
Belkar is, how to put this politely... optimized for random encounters, not long-term engagements. It's safe to say he's not getting a love interest.

Unless it's the perfect setup for a punch line. Remember, he tells jokes for a living :smallwink:

raymundo
2011-08-16, 09:13 AM
Him being chaotic is likely to be a hint that he might not be interested in long-term relationships. Except if he found a person equally vicious and murderous, with whom he might enjoy killing stuff together more than killing him/her.

Dr.Epic
2011-08-16, 09:24 AM
Um, does no one honestly remember Jenny the bard/sorceress/rogue from the Thieve's Guild?

SavageWombat
2011-08-16, 09:25 AM
Him being chaotic is likely to be a hint that he might not be interested in long-term relationships. Except if he found a person equally vicious and murderous, with whom he might enjoying killing stuff together more than killing him/her.

In other words, Mr. Scruffy.

King of Nowhere
2011-08-16, 09:27 AM
Um, does no one honestly remember Jenny the bard/sorceress/rogue from the Thieve's Guild?

I think they're not counting her as "lover", because belkar lacked the, you know, "love" part.
Belkar got some of his badassest moments with her anyway.

raymundo
2011-08-16, 09:28 AM

I sincerly hope you don't think a one-night stand is a long term relationship.

Jay R
2011-08-16, 09:33 AM
Roy has Celia, V got hir mate, Elan and Haley found eachother, even Durkon got a love affair.
I wonder what creature would be willing to voluntarely invest in a long term relationship with Belkar...

She looks like this (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0648.html).

A harder question is what creature would make Belkar willing to voluntarily invest in a long term relationship.

Based on Vaarsuvius's theory, I assume it could only happen when the entire world except one person moved to the "hate" category. Either that, or she'd have to have aspects of Haley, Hermione Granger, Mrs. Butterworth (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0335.html), etc.

Of course not. The question wasn't who he'd want a lomng-term relationship with, but "what creature would be willing to voluntarely invest in a long term relationship with Belkar". Belkar has no interest in a long-term relationship with Jenny. But she was upset that he's leaving just like that, and wants him to look her up again when he gets back.

raymundo
2011-08-16, 09:55 AM
Good point, Jay R. Obviously I've been thinking about it the other way round.

So, the answer would be something like "a young, rather naive fellow thinking of his murder sprees as badass". Well, considering she had sex with a fellow who slaughtered her former guild buddies before her eyes, she might have the appropriate alignment for a realtionship with Belkar.

MoonCat
2011-08-16, 11:38 AM
Him being chaotic is likely to be a hint that he might not be interested in long-term relationships. Except if he found a person equally vicious and murderous, with whom he might enjoy killing stuff together more than killing him/her.

Haley and Elan are both Chaotic and don't strike me as the type who aren't in a long term relationship. Elan even stayed faithful in a "long distance, no contact" relationship with another girl just his type throwing herself at his head. Haley's father seems to stayed very faithful to is wife's memory even.

North_Ranger
2011-08-16, 11:48 AM

Oh yes. We certainly do. Several times a month. :smallbiggrin:

Too far?

raymundo
2011-08-16, 12:17 PM
Haley and Elan are both Chaotic and don't strike me as the type who aren't in a long term relationship. Elan even stayed faithful in a "long distance, no contact" relationship with another girl just his type throwing herself at his head. Haley's father seems to stayed very faithful to is wife's memory even.

Yes, but I'd like to think of their chaoticness being of different nuances. Belkar is rather psychopath-chaotic, while Elan is "retarted, but good-hearted and confused"-chaotic and Haley.. Well, she's a thief.

Then again, the meaning of "chaotic" differs between good and evil.. at least in my perception of various characters with these alignements. What is your opinion on this threads question?

MoonCat
2011-08-16, 12:19 PM
Yes, but I'd like to think of their chaoticness being of different nuances. Belkar is rather psychopath-chaotic, while Elan is "retarted, but good-hearted and confused"-chaotic and Haley.. Well, she's a thief.

Then again, the meaning of "chaotic" differs between good and evil.. at least in my perception of various characters with these alignements. What is your opinion on this threads question?

Well yes, but my point is that it isn't about being Chaotic really that makes Belkar so... random encounter based.

My opinion is that Belkar isn't the sort who would have one, and it isn't necessary to pair everyone up.

the_tick_rules
2011-08-16, 12:37 PM
He might find someone here (doubt it), but he has better odds. This land is full of evil killers who kill for fun.

Manga Shoggoth
2011-08-16, 01:44 PM
A mirror.

With the exception of Mr Scruffy (who isn't exactly a lover - with humans, at any rate...), I guess the only person Belkar loves is himself.

martianmister
2011-08-16, 02:02 PM
Mrs. Butterworth, Haley, or Hermione Granger (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0335.html)...

Does that makes him a pedophile?

VanBuren
2011-08-16, 02:20 PM
Mrs. Butterworth, Haley, or Hermione Granger (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0335.html)...

But he doesn't hate Mr. Scruffy...

OH

Oh God.

mrmcfatty
2011-08-16, 04:11 PM

OH

Oh God.

well he IS a ranger, just couldn't cut it as a druid :P

Dr.Epic
2011-08-16, 04:59 PM
I think they're not counting her as "lover", because belkar lacked the, you know, "love" part.
Belkar got some of his badassest moments with her anyway.

She still meets the qualification for lover.:smallwink:

MoonCat
2011-08-16, 05:07 PM
She still meets the qualification for lover.:smallwink:

Multiple times. :smallwink:

Silva Stormrage
2011-08-16, 05:43 PM

OH

Oh God.

Oh jeez, thanks for that... :smallyuk:

The Pilgrim
2011-08-16, 06:27 PM

Well, being a Halfling, it makes sense he likes short women...

Bobbis
2011-08-16, 06:48 PM
I...uh...technically, wasn't Durkon's thing a one night stand too?

KoboldRevenge
2011-08-16, 06:59 PM
Well if you want drama he could fall in love with a Kobold who is murderous, but just act rough around her not showing it in public. Then in his death throes he confesses and perhaps she loves him back.

Drama

Onikani
2011-08-16, 07:56 PM

yes.
And it wasn't so much love as "you're the first dwarf i've seen in years"

An Enemy Spy
2011-08-16, 08:09 PM
Belkar has two lovers, right hand dagger and left hand dagger.

Joxer t' Mighty
2011-08-16, 09:36 PM
I was about to say, 'Hmm, what if someone used Polymorph Any Object' to turn Mr. Scruffy into a hot, murderous catgirl?

Then I remembered, 'Mister' Scruffy.

The horrible recesses of my mind then whispered back, 'Belt of gender changing...'

GSFB
2011-08-16, 10:17 PM
a cross between "Roy with boobies" and V.

AlexanderRM
2011-08-16, 11:45 PM

It looks like they were involved for the whole... however long that portion of the party was in Greysky City, which I think was a fair bit of time (a few weeks at least). That actually gives them a lot more total time together than Roy and Celia, and certainly more than Durkon which was in fact a one-night stand, though obviously Belkar's attitude towards it was the same as if it was a one-night stand.

veti
2011-08-17, 12:13 AM
I think - :vaarsuvius:

He does have a degree of respect for his fellow PCs, and V has shown him sympathy in the past (culminating of course in The Incident). I'm sure Belkar would never use the L word, but if the feeling is there for anyone, it's her.

And now V is single...

The feeling may not be mutual. But as Shakespeare says, that's life (http://www.enotes.com/shakespeare-quotes/course-true-love-never-did-run-smooth).

Tass
2011-08-17, 10:07 AM
Also Belkars relationship towards V is given as "wants to shtup" in the characterinteractionsummarychart in DStP

Holy_Knight
2011-08-17, 12:04 PM

Actually, I'm going to break with everyone so far and say "no". While it did only end up being the one night, Durkon almost certainly didn't intend that going into it. He broke it off with Hilgya because he found out she was married--if she had been single, he almost certainly would have wanted to continue being with her. "One night stand" implies a certain attitude which doesn't fit with Durkon at all.

The Dark Fiddler
2011-08-17, 12:43 PM
I was about to say, 'Hmm, what if someone used Polymorph Any Object' to turn Mr. Scruffy into a hot, murderous catgirl?

The horrible recesses of my mind then whispered back, 'Belt of gender changing...'

It's a shame the Crack Pairings Threads got the axe, this would've fit right in. :smallwink:

Joxer t' Mighty
2011-08-17, 02:02 PM

Something like this... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKK37G-ZWvk)

mrmcfatty
2011-08-17, 02:20 PM

i think watching that made me die on the inside......

Antonok
2011-08-17, 07:04 PM

I...

That...

No...

Inner Otaku...

Dying....

*grumble* Bloody french had to go and ruin a perfectly good neko fetish... *grumble*

Dr.Epic
2011-08-17, 07:07 PM
Roy with boobies

Not enough hair. Not to mention with his strength and con, I don't want to picture the physical build on that.

Jalor
2011-08-17, 07:35 PM

Oh god, I must be completely insane because I actually want to see this fanfic...

KillianHawkeye
2011-08-17, 07:47 PM

How does Female Syrup Bottle + Grown Woman + Adolescent Teenager = pedophile?? :smallconfused::smallconfused::smallconfused: That doesn't make any sense at all.

Mutant Sheep
2011-08-17, 07:50 PM
How does Female Syrup Bottle + Grown Woman + Adolescent Teenager = pedophile?? :smallconfused::smallconfused::smallconfused: That doesn't make any sense at all.

Because Syrup= reduced age by 5-10 years, or, in case of extreme age, increased age by 5-10.

Dr.Epic
2011-08-17, 07:55 PM

The teenager bit. I'm no expect, but I think that qualifies.

Kind of like saying "How's he a cannibal when all he's done is eaten a human?"

Mutant Sheep
2011-08-17, 07:58 PM

How can you be an expect? Oh wait, your a Doctor. You can do anything. :smallbiggrin:

Dr.Epic
2011-08-17, 08:05 PM

Veya
2011-08-17, 08:11 PM

To be fair, I have seen far worse...

And really, knowing Shojo, he could have named Mr. Scruffy with a "Mr." just to enforce the "senile old man" thing, regardless the real gender of the cat, it isn't like anyone would bother looking, or maybe I am just trying to help cleaning the minds of anyone who got too affected by the video, who knows...

Jalor
2011-08-17, 09:05 PM

Not quite. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ephebophilia) The term 'pedophile' is overused, especially in America.

KillianHawkeye
2011-08-17, 09:30 PM
Because Syrup= reduced age by 5-10 years, or, in case of extreme age, increased age by 5-10.

I don't know what you just said, but I suspect it's nonsense. :smallconfused:

1 out of 3 isn't enough to classify somebody as a pedophile IMO. That was my point. On that list, only Hermione counts as a child.

It's more like saying "How is he a cannibal when all he's done is eaten a human one time? He usually eats other things."

EDIT: Thanks to Jalor for bringing the definition.

veti
2011-08-17, 10:18 PM
1 out of 3 isn't enough to classify somebody as a pedophile IMO. That was my point. On that list, only Hermione counts as a child.

Hermione was a child when we first saw her, but she's a fully grown woman by now. I don't know when that strip appeared, but depending whether Belkar is a book or movie follower, she might well have been old enough to "legitimately" lust after by then.

VanBuren
2011-08-17, 10:22 PM
Hermione was a child when we first saw her, but she's a fully grown woman by now. I don't know when that strip appeared, but depending whether Belkar is a book or movie follower, she might well have been old enough to "legitimately" lust after by then.

The copyright date on the strip is 2006. At that time, the book of the Half-Blood Prince had been released, and so had the film adaptation of Goblet of Fire.

So either 14 or 16.

EDIT: HP Wiki gives her a September birthday, so 15 and 17 instead. Emma Watson herself would have been 16 at the time.

Joxer t' Mighty
2011-08-17, 11:51 PM
EDIT: HP Wiki gives her a September birthday, so 15 and 17 instead. Emma Watson herself would have been 16 at the time.
That's legal in my state. Lust away, Belkar!

(Hey, it's healthier than spellcasting on a pet and then reverse gendering it)

mrmcfatty
2011-08-18, 06:45 AM
Emma Watson(Hermione Granger) was born in april of 1990, so she would have been 15-16 if that strip was in '06. In D&D humans reach adulthood at 15 so in gaming terms she would be fair game.

Lucid Inebriate
2011-08-18, 07:15 AM
Actually, I'm going to break with everyone so far and say "no". While it did only end up being the one night, Durkon almost certainly didn't intend that going into it. He broke it off with Hilgya because he found out she was married--if she had been single, he almost certainly would have wanted to continue being with her. "One night stand" implies a certain attitude which doesn't fit with Durkon at all.

I agree. Durkon, before meeting Hilgya, was an extremely devout person who remained a virgin into his 50's due to the seclusion of his devotional training. It's entirely misleading to call his first sexual encounter a one night stand, especially when he only discontinued the relationship as staying with a married woman went against his sense of morality.

Chronos
2011-08-19, 10:38 AM
It occurred to me the other day that, aside from the difference in continuity, genre, and height, Belkar and Bangladesh DuPree would be perfect for each other.