PDA

View Full Version : How would I do this?

SlashRunner
2011-08-16, 04:59 PM
I had an idea for a character. Basically, he's an orc that lived in a tribe that venerates lions and hunts them as part of a sacred ritual. He's going to be an unarmed fighter (Snap Kick, Superior Unarmed Strike, etc..., but no Monk). While I was thinking about this, I had the idea that he wears the claws of his first kill as gloves on his hands. Now, I was wondering: how would I express this in game terms? Would it just add 1d4 piercing damage to all his unarmed attacks?

Silva Stormrage
2011-08-16, 05:02 PM
I would just refluff gauntlets to let you do that.

denthor
2011-08-16, 05:06 PM
look up a lion. find out what the claw damage is I think slashing damage would be better than piercing.

claw damage plus hit damage plus strength bonus.

Is he a barbarian?

Less feats but more damage.

Greenish
2011-08-16, 05:09 PM
find out what the claw damage isIt's 1d4, as per OP.

I think slashing damage would be better than piercing.Why?

claw damage plus hit damage plus strength bonus.He deals better damage unarmed already.

SlashRunner
2011-08-16, 05:11 PM
It's 1d4, as per OP.
Why?
He deals better damage unarmed already.

Yeh. Piercing is because he's hitting stuff with his fists while wearing the claws, causing the claws to be dealing piercing instead of slashing. Plus, the entry for claws on the SRD says they can deal slashing and piercing.

TwylyghT
2011-08-16, 05:29 PM
Id go with making it a masterwork glove so he could have enchanted as he levels to keep it relevant. It would grant a flat bonus of +1 piercing damage to his unarmed strikes. He could also choose to use it as a claw attack dealing 1d4 slashing instead of making a unarmed attack if he found a need to do so.

-OR-

Just have it grant Versatile Unarmed Strike, for free, with no bonus damage.

Elric VIII
2011-08-16, 05:39 PM
If you find a way to get a claw attack of your own* you can take the Beast Strike** feat to add your claw base damage to your unarmed strikes.

- The Shifter race is a descendant of lycanthropes and can shift to gian a claw attack.

- Black Blood Cultist (CoR) is a Barbarian PrC that lets you gain claw attacks while raging.

- You can take the feats Willing Deformity and Deformity (Clawed Hands) for 1d6 damage claws (although these are [Vile] feats, your DM might let your refluff them into a form of worship toward the lions).

**You can fnd this in Dragon 355.

Squiggles
2011-08-16, 08:20 PM
Maybe just use Claw Bracer or Panthers Claw from Arms & Equipment as your base and instead of the 3 metal talons apply the Lions instead?