PDA

View Full Version : Confusion about the crusader

Devronq
2011-08-16, 07:45 PM
I'm a bit confused exactly how the crusader uses his Manuvers and how he prepares them and decides whichs ones are used next. I do own the book he is in but it would be awesome if someone could explain it in there own words as I am confused. What I would exactly like to know is
1. What level of stances/maneuvers/strike he has access to at each level
2. Does he need to memoriE a certain amount of each maneuver for each level? Can he have more than of the same maneuver readied?
3. How many he actually has available to use and when he uses them in battles what happens exactly? A random one is selected to replace each one he had memorized or are they always randomly chosen ?
4. For example as soon as the crusader learns booncrusher can he only use that maunder from now on?

Like I said I own the book but could someone explain it to me like I know nothing. Thank you.

Greenish
2011-08-16, 08:02 PM
1. Like wizard. Table on pg. 39.

2. You get a certain number of maneuvers known, as per the class table. They can be of any level you know. A maneuver is either prepared or not prepared, you can't prepare multiple copies.

3. Think of maneuvers as cards: The pack is the maneuvers you've readied. At the beginning of the encounter, you're dealt two (or more, depending on level and feats) at random. You get another at the end of your every turn. When you use one from your hand, put it in discard pile. When the pack runs out, shuffle all the cards in your hand and discard pile, and draw two (or more) new ones.

Use printed out maneuver cards for ease.

4. Once you learn a maneuver, you can ready it, and it can be granted to you in combat.

[Edit]: Clarified.

[Edit]: Also, maneuver cards (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20061225a).

Drachasor
2011-08-16, 08:12 PM
Note that when a Crusader (and Warblade) learn stances is really messed up when you look at the stances they can choose and the ones available at a given level. Frankly, I recommend letting them just switch stances like they do maneuvers (that's the easiest solution, allowing a stance switch whenever a maneuver switch is available). I don't think it causes any problems. Or you could look up the alternate progressions.