PDA

View Full Version : Psion Disciplines?

BIGMamaSloth
2011-08-16, 10:21 PM
I'm making a Sparrow Hengenyokai Psion for My friends upcoming psionic campaign, and this is the first psionic character I ever made. I have run into a bit of a road black with choosing my discipline. Some of my friends have suggested psychokinesis but that jut seems to blasty to me. I'm hoping to be useful in The field of damage dealing, but I think there's enough non-restricted powers for that. I was thinking about maybe going nomad, but I can already fly from being a hengenyokai and the DM isn't a big fan of teleports so there isn't much use for that.

TL;DR Can people help me choose a psion discipline?

BillyBobJoe
2011-08-16, 10:30 PM
Egoist and Shaper are both great.

Shadowbane
2011-08-16, 10:41 PM
Telepath is a ton of fun, Shaper is absolutely great if you're creative.

Tvtyrant
2011-08-16, 11:10 PM
Shaper grants you Astral Constructs, which are amazing.

BIGMamaSloth
2011-08-16, 11:16 PM
Shaper grants you Astral Constructs, which are amazing.

wow, ya those are pretty good. I think I'll go shaper cause some of the other stuff is good to.

Optimator
2011-08-16, 11:38 PM
Seer is my favorite. Good class skills and good unique powers.

Astral Construct is easy enough to pick up if you are willing to spend a feat.

Zaq
2011-08-16, 11:42 PM
None of them are bad, really. They all get enough gems to make any of them viable choices, and the brilliance that is Expanded Knowledge makes must-have powers much more accessible.

That said, I'm personally fond of Nomad, Seer, and Shaper, though oddly enough, the Psion I have as a backup character is a Telepath.

Draz74
2011-08-17, 12:30 AM
Shaper has to be my overall favorite, but ... yeah, they're all awesome. Even Kineticist has some cool tricks besides just blasting.

Egoist is the best non-Vancian class in the game for playing a healer. They're also good Gishes, but I'm particularly fond of using them to obviate the need for a divine caster.

Nomad is probably the most limited of the six overall.

Seer has nifty roleplaying potential. Max out all its perception skills, and creep people out with how you "see" guests or monsters coming "in your mind," when it's really just your hyperactive Listen check ...