PDA

View Full Version : Question about "Bumping" a thread.

Mystic Muse
2011-08-17, 12:46 AM
Well, in the thread in my signature, I've been trying to create creature classes. however, I've received no critique on my latest one in nearly a month. As a consequence, I was thinking of posting and asking "Is there some specific class you guys would like me to do?" but was worried this would break the rules on bumping a thread.

It sounds like it might only break the rules if all I was saying was "Bump" or something similar in order to get more views, but I figured it was best to ask for clarification rather than accidentally break the rules. Especially since I think I've seen the mods say "If a thread is going to die, just let it die." but I know there are some differences between a homebrew thread and just a general discussion thread.

Sunken Valley
2011-08-17, 01:47 AM
The OP is allowed to bump a thread in homebrew design

Zeb The Troll
2011-08-17, 04:11 AM
The OP is allowed to bump a thread in homebrew designThat's not what it says.

The original poster of a creation in Homebrew (and only that poster) may revive a creation beyond the six-week threshold without prior Moderator approval.Emphasis mine.

This is not bumping a thread. It is adding to or changing of content in an existing homebrew.

Hazzardevil
2011-08-17, 07:11 AM
In other words, you are allowed to bump a thread, you just have to disguise it as an update to the class.

Archwizard
2011-08-17, 07:33 AM
Well, in the thread in my signature, I've been trying to create creature classes. however, I've received no critique on my latest one in nearly a month. As a consequence, I was thinking of posting and asking "Is there some specific class you guys would like me to do?" but was worried this would break the rules on bumping a thread.

It sounds like it might only break the rules if all I was saying was "Bump" or something similar in order to get more views, but I figured it was best to ask for clarification rather than accidentally break the rules. Especially since I think I've seen the mods say "If a thread is going to die, just let it die." but I know there are some differences between a homebrew thread and just a general discussion thread.

Well, since he hasn't received feedback in a month (4 weeks) and the threshold is 6 weeks (per Zeb's quote)....

Roland St. Jude
2011-08-17, 09:32 AM
In other words, you are allowed to bump a thread, you just have to disguise it as an update to the class.No. You have to do an update of some kind. Trying to angle-shoot the Forum Rules is a BAD idea.

Sheriff: What you propose at the four-week mark would not be thread necromancy yet. (Though it might be double posting if you were the last to post.) You can revive your own homebrew creations even past the thread necro cut-off, but seriously, update or add something.

Question answered. Thread locked.