PDA

View Full Version : Feats Like Able Learner

Elric VIII
2011-08-17, 01:48 AM
I was just wondering if there are more feats that make skills only cost 1 rank, even if cross class, like Able Learner.

I know of Guerrilla Soldier and Guerrilla Scout for Hide/Move Silently and Spot/Listen. Are there any others?

Just as a side request, if there's something that allows an Elf Wizard to get Spot and Search as class skills, that would be useful as well.

Coidzor
2011-08-17, 01:59 AM
There are feats which will do things & then make some skills always class skills for your character.

Like Knowledge Devotion for any one Knowledge Skill.

Fouredged Sword
2011-08-17, 07:55 AM
The martial study feat will make a skill always a class skill if it is the key skill to the school the strike is from.

Cog
2011-08-17, 08:16 AM
Alternative ways to gain class skills. (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=6832.0) I think the ways of getting half-cost skills have been mentioned.

TurtleKing
2011-08-17, 09:44 AM
Jack of All Trades and Elf Dilientte (sp?) have a similar function as Able Learner.

Elric VIII
2011-08-17, 09:50 AM
Alternative ways to gain class skills. (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=6832.0) I think the ways of getting half-cost skills have been mentioned.

I already looked at that guide, it only had the three I mentioned. Although the guide is missing a few things.

Jack of All Trades and Elf Dilientte (sp?) have a similar function as Able Learner.

Sadly, these don't actually grant the ability to take ranks, but they are pretty cool.

TurtleKing
2011-08-17, 09:56 AM
Hence the reason I said similar not the same. I think.

Elric VIII
2011-08-17, 09:59 AM
Hence the reason I said similar not the same. I think.

If it helps, I think I am going to take Jack of all Trades of a different character, since it is a very cool feat. Thank you.

Also, I found the [Anarchic] feat Flexible Mind that makes two skills in which you already have ranks always class skills.

blackjack217
2011-08-17, 10:04 AM
Apprentice is awesome for stuff like this, in my opinion Check with your GM if you can customize it like the DMG II suggests.

Coidzor
2011-08-17, 01:38 PM
Especially if I'm remembering correctly and you can trade it out for the Mentor Feat, that can be pretty sweet as well in certain games.

Curmudgeon
2011-08-17, 02:57 PM
Education (1st level only) from Eberron Campaign Setting makes all Knowledge skills class skills for all your classes. It's not setting-specific.

Coidzor
2011-08-17, 03:12 PM
Education (1st level only) from Eberron Campaign Setting makes all Knowledge skills class skills for all your classes. It's not setting-specific.

I believe it also appears in Ghostwalk & the 3.5 update to Ghostwalk as well as in one place in FR, but I can't recall if that was 3.0 or 3.5

Curmudgeon
2011-08-17, 03:41 PM
I believe it also appears in Ghostwalk & the 3.5 update to Ghostwalk as well as in one place in FR, but I can't recall if that was 3.0 or 3.5
It's the same name in each case, but those others are region-specific feats. Only the version printed in Eberron Campaign Setting is available everywhere.

Elric VIII
2011-08-17, 04:54 PM
It's the same name in each case, but those others are region-specific feats. Only the version printed in Eberron Campaign Setting is available everywhere.

There's also Well Read, from Dragon 315, which is the Greayhawk version of this feat.