PDA

View Full Version : Best for a spontaneous casting druid?

kanachi
2011-08-17, 11:09 AM
Given the small amount of spells known for a spontaneous casting druid what spells would make it onto your list if you were at 6th-7th level?

thanks for your help!

ShriekingDrake
2011-08-17, 04:12 PM
Here's my 2 cents.

Obviously, the dictates of your campaign or build might significantly affect this list. But here's something to start with. Bracketed spells should be replaced later on. Within the parentheses you'll see the source. Slashes should show a choice among roughly equally good spells depending on your build, party composition, and/or campaign. I put the spells in approximately the order I'd take them, but, again, if you're playing a Wild Shape leaning druid, you might want to make Enhance Wild Shape your first or second pick for your fourth level spell, for example. If you're evil or true neutral, some of the list spells from BoED won't apply. But consider this a starting point.

0) Detect Magic, Read Magic, Create Water, Light, Dawn, Groundsmoke (Dragon 326), Guidance, Resistance, Cure Minor Wounds

1) Entangle, Produce Flame, Shillelagh, Healthful Rest (SC), Impeding Stones (City)
2) Splinterbolt (SC), Kelpstrand (SC), Master Air (SC), Blinding Spittle (SC), Bone Talisman (WoTC website)
3) [Bite of the Werewolf] (SC), Spiritjaws (SC), Venomfire (SK), Poison/Greater Magic Fang, Alter Fortune (PH2)

4) Friendly Fire (EoE), [Bite of the Wereboar] (SC), Enhance Wild Shape (SC)/[Resistance (Greater)], Greater Luminous Armor (BoED), Langour (SC)/Murderous Mist (SC), Sheltered Vitality (SC)
5) Owl's Insight (SC), Bite of the Weretiger (SC), Control Winds, Animal Growth
6) Energy Immunity (SC), Superior Resistance (SC), Greater Dispel Magic/Antilife Shell

7) Heal, True Seeing, Master Earth (SC)
8) Bombardment-R, Frostfell (Frost), Unearthly Beauty (BoED),
9) Shapechange (SC), Nature's Avatar (SC), Undermaster (SC)