PDA

View Full Version : Psionic Focus and Rage

Ixil
2011-08-17, 12:01 PM
Heya!

Say I go Barbarian/Ardent... The char wakes up and meditates on psionic focus. Later he rages. Does he lose the psionic focus and therefore some of the abilities from the mantles?

Thanks.

Keld Denar
2011-08-17, 12:04 PM
Nope. Nothing in Psionic Focus requires you to make checks to maintain it. Rage simply says you can't make checks while you rage. As long as you don't expend your focus and try to regain it while raging, you'll be fine.

Psyren
2011-08-17, 06:26 PM
Yep; unless I'm missing something, Rage does not cost you your focus. It does prevent you from regaining it, however.

Silva Stormrage
2011-08-17, 07:49 PM
Yep; unless I'm missing something, Rage does not cost you your focus. It does prevent you from regaining it, however.

I would also rule that it prevents you from expending it too. Though the only thing you could use during rage is feats.

Ernir
2011-08-17, 08:01 PM
I would also rule that it prevents you from expending it too.

Why? :smallconfused:

Sure, the "take 15 on a Concentration check" use is blocked, but something like Deep Impact?

Psyren
2011-08-17, 08:54 PM
I would also rule that it prevents you from expending it too.

As Ernir said, I see no reason for that beyond the "take 15" usage, which you shouldn't be able to do anyway.

Hanuman
2011-08-17, 09:07 PM
I would say anyone who says rage busts your psionic focus can stuff it.

But, if it were a DM call and you guys are looking for something to peg it to, I'd say that linking the emotion of rage to it's adrenal physiology, and the adrenal system to your psychic powers you could possibly suffer from psionic enervation in some way.

Remember that Wilders use emotion and feeling as their manifesting flavor-- saying rage breaks that entirely is bs.

Keld Denar
2011-08-17, 09:38 PM
Hanumen, everyone knows that real men don't talk about their feelings, and barbarians are the manliest men known to man.

Hanuman
2011-08-17, 09:50 PM
Hanumen, everyone knows that real men don't talk about their feelings, and barbarians are the manliest men known to man.
The princess was ill, Hanuman, distraught traveled to a distant mountain to search for a rare flower-- the cure to the ailment.

Realizing there was not time to find the flower, he lifted the mountain up in a great feat of strength and brought it back to her.

Hanuman is the barbarian of loyalty and love. GG sir.

Psyren
2011-08-17, 10:02 PM
The princess was ill, Hanuman, distraught traveled to a distant mountain to search for a rare flower-- the cure to the ailment.

Realizing there was not time to find the flower, he lifted the mountain up in a great feat of strength and brought it back to her.

Hanuman is the barbarian of loyalty and love. GG sir.

I hope she's a druid or she's screwed :smalltongue:

Ixil
2011-08-18, 06:29 AM

Dudes, I laughed my greaves off this morning before coming to work... But in-so-far I agee with almost all I read here...

Again, to you all, thanks for the morning laugh!