PDA

View Full Version : Plucked Roses

Hazuki
2011-08-17, 02:01 PM
The night is young in Rosary. The dark sheath of night has been up for little over an hour, allowing time for the beasts that dwell all across the city to rise from their resting places. They're not the only creatures that are lurking in the darkness, under the cloudy sky that casts a gloom over the skyline of Rosary, far away from where a small concentration of the many lurkers have happened upon each other.

The scurries of small creatures and whispers of the wind are the most of what can be made out in these dank suburbs, most of the houses boarded up or otherwise abandoned; problems with real estate making the streets' ownership up in the air, at least among the ones who go by many names; humans, mortals, sleepers...kine. To everything else, it belongs to them.

This street belongs to Blood of Christ, a slowly growing cult. A mystery to most of those who care, but to those who care enough, it's a candy. Waiting to be unwrapped, to reveal the secrets and the community within, which might just accept them. If they're desperate enough.

The house most have been directed to is in the very middle of the street, large hedges set up all around, casting denser shadows from the slithers of moonlight that get through the cloudy sky. All it should take is a knock on the door.

OOC
Gabriel
Feel free to describe your haven as you wish and go from there. You're controlling your retainer, I assume.
You received a message the night before that somebody will be coming to visit you with one guest. Peaceful terms, of course. You, or your retainer if you choose to have him do the meeting, will recognize them by the fact they're bringing a gift.

Everyone else.
I've left it so you can start off from anywhere outside of the house, whether arriving or milling around. If Kenny is in Gabriel's haven, feel free to start off from in there, once Gabriel has made his post.

And yes, calling you by character names is easier IC. :smalltongue:

Dramiscius
2011-08-17, 03:19 PM
"Father" Gabriel Benedict - "Approaching the seemingly run down house, the enshrouding darkness makes it nearly impossible to see much other then large areas swathed in shadow. As you approach the porch you begin to make out two figures that seem to be sitting, waiting for someone or thing. After getting about thirty feet from the steps a set of blinding floodlights stationed on the ground and porch overhang switch on illuminating the entire front yard, but making it difficult to see much else on the house outside the excessively bright halogen bulbs"

"Who goes there!?" an elderly sounding voice creeks out from behind the lighting.

bigstipidfighte
2011-08-17, 04:03 PM
William "Truth" Benoit walked unhurriedly down the street, taking in the general air of neglect. He wore khaki slacks and a collared blue shirt, both a bit wrinkled from improper storage. Two powerfully built German Shepards walk at his heels, occasionally pausing to sniff the ground. Anyone capable of detecting such things might notice he is cloaked in the magics of the Mind, particularly around the area of his eyes.

Once almost directly across the street from the church- if that's really what the boarded-up building was- William pauses, adjusting his rose-tinted spectacles and concentrating on bringing forth their latent magical potential. A moment later his vision took on new dimensions, allowing him to read the auras of people and places around him. His current focus was the church- whether it had developed any noticeable resonance, or perhaps, if he was lucky, even become a loci.

Will averted his gaze for a moment when the churchyard suddenly lit up. Behind the lights he could sense an aura that looked strangely pale- not a Sleeper aura, but not one of the Awakened either. So, he'd found a supernatural at last. He felt a twinge of feer, but more than that he was exited- his search was finally bearing some fruit. He walked fiurther along the sidewalk, stopping once he was directly across from the church.

"I'm called the Truth," he called back, choosing to use his shadow name to address this unknown entity. Had he really stumbled across a supernatural on this sad little street?

OOC:
I left it open as to whether or not Sam is with Will.

William has the Misdirection and Aura Perception spells active, and is using his artifact's power to gain Supernal Vision. He can see resonance on anything (Supernal Vision is the most powerful form of Mage Sight) and also know the emotional state of anyone he looks at. One of the German Shepards is his familiar.

Dramiscius
2011-08-17, 04:27 PM
"Father" Gabriel Benedict - " - "An old voice lets out a laugh" The "Truth" you say? Truth about what ?

bigstipidfighte
2011-08-17, 05:38 PM
"That depends on who you ask. Personally, I consider myself a mere seeker of the Truth." he paused, puzzling over the figure's strange aura again. Somehow it unsettled him. "But I must apologize. Your sudden appearance surprised me, and I forgot to ask your name."

Dramiscius
2011-08-17, 06:44 PM
"Father" Gabriel Benedict - " "laughing as the figure slowly rocks back in his chair" oh my name? You can call me Father, for I am here to lead all the lost lambs of my flock to the salvation they so desire.

Dramiscius
2011-08-17, 06:48 PM
edit
OOC : stupid double posting forum lag -_-

Lost Demiurge
2011-08-17, 07:31 PM
"Do all in your flock desire salvation, father?" It's a low voice, calm, female, and friendly. From behind William steps a small woman, brown of skin and soft of face. Spectacles focus her almond eyes as she studies him for a long moment, and she's wearing a simple blue dress that's about ten years out of date. Her hair's done up in a braid, and she's got a tablet case across her back.

This is Delilah, and she blinks for a second as the predator's taint washes over her. She controls herself.

Don't remember what to roll, so I'll let the GM handle this. I'll spend a willpower to prevent frenzy if needed, thanks to my coil of beasts.

Also note that Delilah's obfuscate of 2 prevents Gabriel from feeling the predator's fight reflex...

"Father. Good to meet you at last." She offers a hand.

Dramiscius
2011-08-17, 07:52 PM
"Father" Gabriel Benedict - " Indeed they do my child, or perhaps they think they do. Perhaps some are just misguided, and looking for meaning in their otherwise meaningless lives, however those who choose to join my congregation do so of their own accord. You can't force salvation upon people, it's something they must desire.

However enough of this idle banter, what brings you all to my humble abode? "staring out upon the numerous newcomers bathed in light on the walkway"

Lost Demiurge
2011-08-17, 08:09 PM
"Can't speak for truth here, but I'd like to come in and talk. Hear what salvation's about. You can judge a lot about a man by the inside of their place of worship."

bigstipidfighte
2011-08-17, 08:23 PM
William glanced at the woman approaching the church. Father... Benedict, he remembered hearing him referred to. Father Benedict didn't seem to know her, and she didn't have the same strange aura. Just another Sleeper. Still, he found the presence of an unaffiliated person somewhat reassuring, and approached the church.

"From what I hear it's not so humble. Thought I'd come by and take a look at the church with the famously swelling congregation while I was out. Since the building doesn't look like much, I can only assume it's your message that's bringing in the crowds."

Dramiscius
2011-08-17, 08:41 PM
"Father" Gabriel Benedict - " Indeed, I've been expecting visitors, and since small groups of.... varied individuals don't just come stumbling onto my doorstep id assume you're probably them. "dimming the floodlights to a low glow, the front door opens and one of the figures shuffles inside, a young man in a clean black priests suit takes a step down"

I am Father Franklin, please forgive Father Gabriel he doesn't get out much as he's kept busy by the lords work mostly. Please come in, we can use the main sitting area as today's not a usual day of meeting, so there isn't much of the flock around save the odds and ends that tend to hang around more often then not.

"Upon entering the boarded up one story home, red carpeting lines the floors with walls of white decorated with copies of religious paintings and pictures. Down the hall you can see a simple char and folding table, with what looks to be a logbook laid out for people to sign in an out, while just past the desk the hall opens up on the left into what looks to be a living room. Further past you can see a pair of closed doors and a heavy shelf placed against the wall containing various religious texts and scholarly inquiries int varying areas of biblical lore.

A Tiny Texan
2011-08-17, 08:59 PM
Alanis had nearly lost track of William. The living have the advantage of moving around during the day while she is forced to sleep in the earth. But she caught a break just after sundown this evening and was able to follow the mortal into a rundown suburb.

Did he know she followed him? She had no way of knowing. But he didn't show it and it was too late to do anything about it now. She had been looking for him for days and this is the closest she has ever gotten to him.

Now, Alanis stands in the uncut grass of a neighbor's yard, mostly hidden from sight. Thankfully, those damned lights were just turned off. She can actually see what is going on. She sees William on the porch of a boarded up house across the street. He's still got his dogs with him, too. What is he doing here, she wonders.

Also on the porch there are several figures, including a vampire. Two of them! She feels the territorial spirit within her stir. What was the mortal doing with Kindred? This was a complication she had not expected. She had to find out what was going on at this house.

While she watches, people on the porch goes inside. Alanis leaves the darkness provided by the neighbor's house and makes her way towards house with boarded windows.

bigstipidfighte
2011-08-17, 10:11 PM
Standing on the doorstep of the church, William shuddered slightly, feeling a strong negative resonance hanging over the place. Nevertheless, he wasn't about to walk away from his first real breakthrough since he arrived in town. "Stay," he uttered, gesturing towards his dogs, then stepped through the doorway.

In contrast to his somewhat grim expectations, the inside of the building looked very much like a parsonage or the back rooms of an ordinary church. "I didn't realize I was expected," he mused, though he wasn't too concerned by this revelation. Who could say what sort of strange powers Benedict might have?

Outside, one of the dogs lay by the entryway while the other sniffed around the yard. Their hackles raise upon seeing another figure approaching, and the one on the porch snarls slightly, but they do not growl.

OOC:
So, I never got feedback on the exact resonance of the church, but I think its safe to assume its not pleasant.

Dramiscius
2011-08-17, 10:31 PM
OOC:
So, I never got feedback on the exact resonance of the church, but I think its safe to assume its not pleasant.

OOC
It'd be up to the ST ultimately I believe, but the church isn't a site of sacrifice (though there have probably been a few unfortunate souls who've lost their lives), it's not a murder cult. I'd wager most of the members are generally positive and hold onto many widely accepted beliefs of the generic catholic community. However what the newcomers don't know yet is the churchs main focus is the study and lore revolving around stigmata.

Misaat
2011-08-18, 12:26 AM
From the shadows of the night a figure emerges. His mouth wrapped in a scarf and a long coat shielding him from the cold breeze Matthew walks towards the church. He can feel the wails all around him. And judging from the small growl he hears on the back of his head so could he.

" Queer place for a reunion Father. I must say this place gives me the chills "

Lost Demiurge
2011-08-18, 08:21 AM
Also on the porch there are several figures, including a vampire. Two of them! She feels the territorial spirit within her stir.

OOC: (Delilah's got the second level of obfuscate, so she doesn't trigger the predator's taint.)

MEANWHILE, INSIDE THE CHURCH...

"You can tell a lot about a man by his bookshelf." Says Delilah, moving over to it and scanning the titles without hesitation.

"You're rather well-read, father. What's your denomination, if you don't mind my asking? I'm seeing some Eastern Orthodox in here, along with classic catholic... And is that the Gnostic Mysteriim? Hm, good taste."

Dramiscius
2011-08-18, 09:37 AM
"Father" Gabriel Benedict - " "letting out a wry smile the Benedict looks over to Delilah" I've never much been one in favor of denominations, the idea of religions inside of religions always seemed a bit off. However I've always had a keen interest in the stigmata phenomenon. Though if you need a label, roman catholic is probably the most appropriate.

A Tiny Texan
2011-08-18, 01:25 PM
"Easy, pooches," says Alanis as she walks onto the porch. She had never been good with dogs. Especially big ones like these two. Still, it was too late to turn back now.

The vampire reaches up to knock on the church door. But just before her knuckles hit the wood she stops and spins her head around. Was there movement? She scans the dark neighborhood.

OOC: I'd like to roll to see if Alanis notices Matthew Hunter approaching the church. No matter what she sees she will continue the scene the same way.

Satisfied, Alanis turns back to the door and knocks. She smiles as she does so as it occurs to her that it has been over a decade since she had knocked on a door. Little human niceties like this have never been important in her Circle.

SurlySeraph
2011-08-18, 03:33 PM
"They didn't lock the door. Just follow them in, I doubt they'll mind."

A pale-haired woman in a black coat steps out of the shadow of one of the hedges and approaches Alanis, smiling in a rather self-satisfied way. "My name's Sam. I'm with the guy who brought the dogs. You're pretty good at shadowing, I almost lost track of you."

JollyChris
2011-08-18, 03:49 PM
Kenny walks cautiously towards to run down building that he was told served as the church for the Blood of Christ. Kenny knew he needed someone to put his name forward before he'd be accepted into Invictus and the eccentric "Father" Gabriel seemed his best bet but standing staring at the building he began to have doubts. He is shaken from his thoughts by the sound of voices ahead. He see's two vampires and two large dogs and decides to hang back and listen for a moment before introducing himself.

bigstipidfighte
2011-08-18, 03:53 PM
Most of this scholarly talk was beyond William, but something Delilah said grabbed his attention; Gnostic Mysteriim? It sounded suspiciously like an Awakened term. He focused his gaze on her again, looking for a glimmer in her aura that might indicate a Sleepwalker, but there was nothing. Still, he couldn't shake the feeling he'd seen her someplace before.

The dog on the porch growled at Alanis and creeped backwards away from her. Sensing his familiar's distress, William glances toward the door. "I think I heard one of the dogs bark. If you'll excuse me for a moment..." He walked out into the hall, hearing a knock at the door at the same time he put his hand on the knob. Opening it out of reflex, he saw a woman with the same strangely pale aura as Benedict. "Ah, another member of the Blood of Christ I presume?" He extended a hand, not wanting to give a bad impression to- well, to whatever it was Benedict and this woman were. "My name is Truth. Were the dogs troubling you?"

Noticeing Sam on the porch he nods slightly to her. He would try to catch up with her later, but for now resisted the urge to communicate telepathically. While it was certainly efficient, he thought she might resent being contacted that way, especially if she wasn't warned first.

A Tiny Texan
2011-08-18, 04:11 PM
Alanis looks over to the woman after she steps into the light. Sam, she calls herself. Yet another mortal, it seems, and a companion to William. Though she could know what he knows.

"We don't tolerate unannounced visitors where I'm from," she says. "I had better be careful in case those who live here feel the same way."

She knocks on the door and says, "the owner of those dogs doesn't exactly have a phone number or address I could find. It seemed prudent to simply approach him, Sam." While there was no hostility in her voice, the way Alanis said the woman's name wasn't exactly friendly.

The door opened immediately after the knock and standing in the doorway was William. So surprised was she to see him there she didn't hear all of what he said. "Yes, yes," she answers. "I mean, no. No, the dogs aren't troubling me."

Alanis gives one more look over to Sam and the dogs. What did William call himself? "Truth? You call yourself Truth. That's an interesting name. Where did you come by it?"

bigstipidfighte
2011-08-18, 04:36 PM
After a moment, William stopped waiting for the woman to introduce herself and dropped his hand back to his side. "It's a long story," he said, completely honestly. He glanced back down the hallway. "If you're looking for Benedict, he has another guest right now, but I doubt he'll mind one of his congregation dropping in. He seems very dedicated to you."

A Tiny Texan
2011-08-18, 04:58 PM
Alanis watches the mortal's hand fall to his side."To be honest, I am not a member of this congregation. But I still wouldn't want to disturb Benedict right now. Maybe you and I could go inside and talk for a bit while we wait for him to become available."

The vampire looks over to Sam. "I suppose you should come inside, too, to get out of the dark." She looks out across the yard directly to where Matthew Hunter hides. "One can never be sure she's discovered everything that creeps around this town at night."

Assuming Truth agrees, Alanis follows him inside.

SurlySeraph
2011-08-18, 05:02 PM
"Yep, there's always something else out there."

Sam heads in and looks around. "Nice place. Looks more comfortable than most churches, more like a home."

bigstipidfighte
2011-08-18, 05:35 PM
William nods and walks back into the house, stopping partway down the hall near the table and chair. He didn't want to go into any side rooms he hadn't been invited to enter. "I thought so too," he said in response to Sam's observation, trying to catch her eye for a moment to ascertain if she thought there was anything to worry about.

Trying not to let his nervousness show, he turned his attention back towards the other woman. "If you're looking for information about the church I'm afraid I won't be of much help to you. I'm only visiting myself." While he had his suspicions about her claim that she was not a member of the church, he had already decided not to confront her with them- at least for now.

Dramiscius
2011-08-18, 06:25 PM
"Father" Franklin - " "As the last of the new guests arrive, Franklin locks the door behind them" Now that you're all here, Father Gabriel will see you for any questions please head to the main worship hall for inquiries. "pointing to the large open room past the front desk"

bigstipidfighte
2011-08-18, 07:25 PM
William closed his eyes for a moment, and when he opened them again the sympathetic connections between the people in the church were revealed to him. The abscence of a connection between Franklin and the woman with the pale aura intrigeud him- she was certainly telling the truth about not being a member of the congregation. He nodded to Franklin. "Just a moment, if you don't mind."

Misaat
2011-08-19, 05:24 PM
" Any idea what is it we have been called here for? "

Asks Matthew to the Priest while he keeps walking next to the group.

Dramiscius
2011-08-19, 05:42 PM
"Father" Franklin - " Not to sure, Father Gabriel was just told to expect some visitors, though as to the why I'm not quite certain.

SurlySeraph
2011-08-19, 08:42 PM
Sam shrugs. "Truth's looking for more people like..."
She struggles for a euphemism.
"Interesting people. People who can do useful things. That's how I ended up with him, he figured out I knew some unusual tricks and showed me a few of his own. We help each other out, make some money, and learn more about the world."

A Tiny Texan
2011-08-19, 09:22 PM
"You've certainly came to a good place to meet interesting people," Alanis says as she looks around the interior of the church. "But you say that you and Truth are learning about the world, too? What do you expect to learn here in Rosary?"

SurlySeraph
2011-08-19, 09:54 PM
Sam puckers her lips. "Truth be told, I came here looking to get away from some people. My first priority is figuring out what I can do to make sure they don't follow me here. Second is finding out whatever I can do to live comfortably here, make good money, and maybe get secure enough to help out some old friends of mine.

bigstipidfighte
2011-08-19, 10:04 PM
William lingered in the hall for a moment, wondering if he might have more luck getting answers out of this woman than Benedict. "As far as we can tell, this city has an unusually high concentration of the sort of people we're interested in." He paused to collect himself, deciding that this was probably as good a time as any to lay his cards on the table. "And I believe you're one of them, as is the proprietor of this church." While it wasn't really necessary to reveal his insights on Benedict to her, William hoped it might get her to trust him a bit more. "I came here to learn whatever you are willing to teach me."

JollyChris
2011-08-20, 06:43 AM
Kenny isn't sure what to make of Mr "Truth" and keeps observing until he can get a private moment with Father Gabriel.

Dramiscius
2011-08-20, 03:01 PM
ooc
incase anyone missed it (which seems to be the case) you've been talking to father gabriels retainer, father franklin. Father Gabriel's waiting in the living room/main gathering area.

A Tiny Texan
2011-08-20, 09:13 PM
Alanis looks around the room as the Truth speaks, listening to him as she takes note of her surroundings. The old Kindred seems to really like the red carpet and white walls. It is so unlike the dark green and blues of her murky lake home that she feels a little uncomfortable here.

'Who all is here?' she wonders to herself. The Kindred preacher & his sycophant, some mortal book lover, the Truth & his three dogs, and various other believers way in the back. Alanis is certain that there wasn't any real threat to her safety from this bunch but she isn't about to let her guard down.

"People like me?" Alanis asks the Truth finishes speaking. "And what do you know about people like me?"

Maybe this Truth character is a little more dangerous than she suspected. And didn't that woman with him say she knew "tricks?" It is possible she wasn't talking about Fetch or Stay. Alanis decides to pay a bit more attention to her, as well.

bigstipidfighte
2011-08-20, 11:37 PM
"I know you ask quite a lot of questions." William could feel impatience welling up inside him, though he couldn't quite figure why. After all, he hadn't expected this to be easy. "I'm sorry. I don't have any great insights on your kind to share with you. That's why I came here, to learn." He intentionally used the word kind ambiguously; while he didn't know what she was, he knew this woman wasn't an ordinary human. "So the question becomes, what do you know about yourself? And how much do you dare to share with this humble scholar?"

OOC:
Isn't Kenny still outside? As far as I can figure he was watching us when we were on the porch, then we came inside and Franklin locked the door.

Dramiscius
2011-08-21, 06:18 PM
"Father" Gabriel - " "You hear a loud voice from the other room" Come now guests, I'm waiting to hear what you've all come here for.

A Tiny Texan
2011-08-21, 11:16 PM
"My kind, huh?" asks the vampire as she turns her attention back to Truth. "Well, my kind don't like nosy people. I suppose you could say that about all kinds."

Alanis isn't sure why the Crone sent her after this man. He doesn't seem to know anything. Is it because he is inquisitive? She doesn't know. She doesn't know if she should just kill him now and be done with her mission or wait to find out if he actually knows something. If he's telling things to that woman with him then he may have told others.

No. Now is not the time to do anything to him. Find out more, first. Having decided that, Alanis continues to speak. "But maybe you aren't really nosy. You could just be curious. What do you say that the two of us-"

Before she could ask Truth to come with her to a more private meeting place to discuss what he knows she is interrupted by Father Franklin's shout. "We'll finish this conversation later, then," she says as she makes her way to the other room.

bigstipidfighte
2011-08-22, 09:47 AM
William watched Alanis walk away, cursing silently. He thought he was getting somewhere until the priest had interrupted.

Once he was sure he had relative privacy, he flipped open his phone. "......Red? Hi, it's Truth... Yeah, I know. It's good to hear your voice. Listen, can you put your wife on? Thanks...... Hey H... Yeah, so far... That's why I called. I ran into two people with really pale auras. Definitely not Sleepers... That's right... Really? Well, we did know they had a significant presence in the city. Do you know anything about their abilities?... Alright. What about garlic?... Hmm. Thanks anyway. Hopefully I won't have to find out the hard way... I will... I will... Alright, I'll talk to you later. Bye."

After putting his phone away, William looked up at Sam, mouthing the word 'Vampires'. He nodded his head toward the living room before following Alanis in.

Lost Demiurge
2011-08-22, 10:14 AM
Delilah frowns as Alanis walks through the door. She's been reading through one of the books on Gnosticism, and keeping an ear on things with her heightened senses. William's conversation, and the phone call afterward... That's disturbing.

Hunter, perhaps? The thought crosses her mind. Oh boy, this could be bad. Keep it cool, and keep an eye on him, and his friend as well. That's the thing to do...

Misaat
2011-08-22, 01:12 PM
Matthew follows the priest while watching each of his "companions" carefully...

"There is something weird about them... and all this talk about sleepers and whatnot... Oh man what did i get myself into?" He thinks and then says...

" All right lets get this over with... "

And walks towards where the Priest pointed them.

Dramiscius
2011-08-22, 07:07 PM
"Father" Gabriel - " "before you standing at a elevated podium you see an elderly gentlemen with black hair in a business cut dressed in priest robes scanning the guests smiling"

So gentlemen, I was told to expect some guests this evening though I know none of you. Would anyone be so kind as to enlighten me as to what's brought you to my humble sanctuary?

SurlySeraph
2011-08-22, 07:31 PM
Vampires? Gah. Well, if Will belongs to some old order of wizards, I guess I can believe this.

Sam stands up slowly. "Well, Father, I'm new to Rosary, and I understand you have a fair amount of influence in certain sectors. I was hoping you could give me some advice on where to live, influential local figures, and the like."

Dramiscius
2011-08-22, 08:28 PM
Sam stands up slowly. "Well, Father, I'm new to Rosary, and I understand you have a fair amount of influence in certain sectors. I was hoping you could give me some advice on where to live, influential local figures, and he like."

"Father" Gabriel - " *chuckles* Oh is that all? Well I'm sure I know someone who can help you with housing (father franklin brings you the number for the local century 21 agent), as for the rest well influence extends everywhere. Different people are influential in different circles, most of which being a humble preacher I'm not privy to, I tend to spend most of the time studying texts and presiding over my congregation. However some of them frequent the local nightspots so they might know something concerning that, though you'd have to ask them.

But you didn't really come here to talk about houses and local celebrities did you? Tell me what's really on your mind.

SurlySeraph
2011-08-22, 08:58 PM
Sam shuffles her feet nervously. She glances over at Will, then back at Gabriel. Finally, she produces a rolled-up newspaper from an inside pocket of her jacket.
"I heard you could do some interesting things, Father. I, for example, can do this."

Sam tosses the newspaper into the air and stares intently at it as it arcs towards the ceiling. The paper suddenly bursts into flame, blazing as bright as an arc lamp before it starts to fall. Nothing but a dense clump of ash reaches the ground.

Dramiscius
2011-08-22, 09:02 PM
"Father" Gabriel - " Ah so you're a talented magician, I believe I've seen a few in my day perhaps you'd like to find the local theater for your act? Try not to pull any rabbits out of hats here though, don't need animals hopping about the church to be cleaned up after you know.

SurlySeraph
2011-08-22, 09:19 PM
"Father. You know what I'm talking about."

Dramiscius
2011-08-22, 09:30 PM
"Father" Gabriel - " You know, I believe I know a magic trick or to myself. "holding out his hands, he picks up the bible from the podium" Abra-ka-dabra! "and with a flick of his wrist the bible vanishes". Walking over to Sam he says what's that behind your ear there ? "reaching towards the back of her head" Hey how'd my bible get back there! "laughing as he goes back to the podium".

Lost Demiurge
2011-08-22, 09:54 PM
When the paper bursts into flames Delilah flees the room, slamming the door and leaning against it, calming her nerves as she does.

Too close! Too close! Fire and kindred do NOT mix.

Dramiscius
2011-08-22, 10:01 PM
"Father" Gabriel - " "looking over at Delilah fleeing the room he stops for a moment" hmm, that one seems a bit skittish, perhaps she played to much with matches as a child.

A Tiny Texan
2011-08-22, 10:23 PM
The newspaper bursts into flames within a few yards of Alanis. Fire! Without thinking, using nothing but primal instinct, she bolts for the nearest exit. She barely notices the other woman running out the same way.

Once she is in the other room and the door is shut she finally stops panicking. Still, she slowly backs away from the closed door. She looks to the other woman. Why did she run, too?

"I hate magic tricks," she says to the woman who just a few moments ago was reading the Father's books. "They are a mockery to true magic."

Lost Demiurge
2011-08-23, 06:38 AM
The newspaper bursts into flames within a few yards of Alanis. Fire! Without thinking, using nothing but primal instinct, she bolts for the nearest exit. She barely notices the other woman running out the same way.

Once she is in the other room and the door is shut she finally stops panicking. Still, she slowly backs away from the closed door. She looks to the other woman. Why did she run, too?

"I hate magic tricks," she says to the woman who just a few moments ago was reading the Father's books. "They are a mockery to true magic."

Delilah glances over at Alanis. She murmurs.

"Not all Kindred make people's fangs itch. Ordo Dracul. You?"

bigstipidfighte
2011-08-23, 02:01 PM
William flinched slightly when Sam lit up the newspaper. He noticed the other two women and Gabriel were far more frightened than most people would have been- in fact, Alanis and Delilah’s aura’s were consumed by the emotion. Did the three of them share a phobia? It hardly seemed like a coincidence.

Clap. Clap. Clap. Clap. Clap. William stepped forward, nodding approval. “Very impressive. I consider myself fairly well versed in the art of magic, so it pains me to admit this, but I simply can’t figure how either of you managed those…. tricks, did you call them? So, one magician to another- how did you do it?”

A Tiny Texan
2011-08-23, 05:01 PM
"Ah, yes, a Dragon," says Alanis to the woman in the kitchen with her. After a moment of thought she says, "you must have learned to hide your true nature. A pity, that."

"I'm an Acolyte in the Circle of the Crone," the vampire continues, finally answering woman's question. "I'm here to find out more about that mortal in the other room. The inquisitive one who came with that little firestarter."

Alanis crosses the room to the sink and turns on the faucet. The water runs over her hands. She says to the other vampire, "the water calms me down. It reminds me of home."

Misaat
2011-08-23, 08:11 PM
" I've heard this city ain't as peacefull as it seems "

Matt says while looking around carefully.

" Do you know anything about certain "suspicious activities" that go on at night?"

Dramiscius
2011-08-23, 09:37 PM
" I've heard this city ain't as peacefull as it seems "

Matt says while looking around carefully.

"Father" Gabriel - " Well every city has its bad eggs, Rosary isn't on some special little stainless pearl of a city.

" Do you know anything about certain "suspicious activities" that go on at night?"

"Father" Gabriel - " Well why would you think that? A man of the cloth is hardly in a position to know much about illegal criminal enterprises. However I don't go out much at night anyway, very dangerous wandering the streets alone, lots of bad people come out when the sun goes down.

Dramiscius
2011-08-23, 11:00 PM
Clap. Clap. Clap. Clap. Clap. William stepped forward, nodding approval. “Very impressive. I consider myself fairly well versed in the art of magic, so it pains me to admit this, but I simply can’t figure how either of you managed those…. tricks, did you call them? So, one magician to another- how did you do it?”

"Father" Gabriel - " Ah well you see, it's much the same principle as pulling a coin from behind someones ear, only this time it was a book. Perhaps if I could lift one we might find a car back there to! "lets out a chuckle"

bigstipidfighte
2011-08-24, 02:42 AM
“Oh, I see just fine. We both know it’s not possible to simply palm a bible as one would a coin. If you don’t wish to discuss your methods with me just say so; there’s no need to insult my intelligence. I’ll not bother you any further; just allow me a brief word with one of your other guests and I’ll be gone.”

As he seemed to be making some progress talking to the other vampire earlier, William decides to seek her out again. He knocks twice on the kitchen door before stepping in.

“Excuse me? I’m sorry if Sam’s theatrics startled you, but if it’s all right I’d like to pick up our conversation from earlier. You’ve seen what Sam can do, and judging by your reaction I’m guessing you realize it wasn’t an illusion. Would I be wrong if I guessed you had abilities like that too?”

bigstipidfighte
2011-08-24, 02:46 AM
double post is double

Lost Demiurge
2011-08-24, 08:00 AM
"Ah yes, that "Truth" fellow. He's playing a dangerous game. I don't think he's a problem. That he's friends with a firestarter is a little disconcerting. Anyway, I'd best get back. We can talk more later..."

Delilah drifts back into the main room, and gives Sam a mild frown over her spectacles. "That wasn't very nice." She takes a seat in a pew, pulling out a notebook and jotting down a few lines with a wooden pencil.

SurlySeraph
2011-08-24, 09:47 PM
Sam looks back at Delilah, somewhat quizzically. "I know," she replies, in a confused and distant tone. She's too preoccupied by Father Gabriel's bemused reaction to see much significance in Alanis and Delilah's rather more concerned reactions.