PDA

View Full Version : (PF)Bar-fighter build help

badhorse
2011-08-17, 03:47 PM
I was looking at Ultimate Combat, and it strikes me that the Panther Style feats could allow me to make a fun unarmed brawler-type guy, a jerk who runs past you and punches you before your AOO can hit him. (5th level).

Here's my options, as I see them:
- Take the brawler archetype for fighter. Close Combatant and Menacing Stance are really useful. This would require burning a feat on Imp Unarmed Strike or taking a level in Monk, however.

- Take the cad archetype for fighter, assuming that my retaliatory attack gained from Panther style can be a dirty trick maneuver (running through a crowd of baddies, pantsing them and pulling down visors as you go seems like fun). Also, Catch Off-Guard and related surprise-type abilities are cool. This would also require Imp Unarmed Strike or a level of Monk.

- Take the unarmed fighter archetype, and not have to worry about IUS buying the first panther feat.

Which of these makes the most sense? Are there better options than these? How about useful feats for higher levels (the plan is to level in fighter, if that's not clear).

Any help would be much appreciated.

Ravens_cry
2011-08-17, 03:50 PM
If you are a bar fighter, consider the razor sharp chair leg and other improvised weapon feats.

Gandariel
2011-08-17, 04:34 PM
Levels as a Drunken Master? It sure has flavor..

Zonugal
2011-08-17, 04:43 PM
Six levels of Fighter for Dungeoncrasher can make a pretty mean bar-brawler.

Because you know what bars all have? Walls.

badhorse
2011-08-17, 04:53 PM
Six levels of Fighter for Dungeoncrasher can make a pretty mean bar-brawler.

Because you know what bars all have? Walls.

Should have specified, this is pathfinder.