PDA

View Full Version : Search timer and the who posted window.

Larspcus2
2011-08-17, 06:51 PM
For each thread, the total number of replies is linked to /misc.php?do=whoposted&t=[thread number]. This script brings up a window that displays the number of times each poster has posted in the thread (for example, the window for the current name change thread can be found here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=108349)). In this window, each individual post count is linked to /search.php?do=finduser&userid=[user number]&searchthreadid=[thread number]. However, clicking any of these links displays the following error message, even a good fifteen seconds after the who posted window has been opened:

This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between searches. Please try again in 30 seconds.

The timer on the toolbar search is also set to 30 seconds by opening the window, however it ticks down normally and does not always say that no time has elapsed.

The Dark Fiddler
2011-08-18, 05:03 PM
I'd like to say that I have no problems clicking the links.

Uh... first advice always seems to be to clear your cache or something. I think. :smallconfused:

Siosilvar
2011-08-18, 05:50 PM
It works fine for me, too, on FF6.0 and WinXP. Ctrl-F5 and/or clearing the entire cache will probably clear up the problem.