PDA

View Full Version : No Offense, Aaron

Bluepaw
2011-08-17, 10:36 PM
I've been through the whole strip a few times now, but I only just noticed that #229 is entitled: "No Offense, Aaron."

Now, my name is Aaron. I didn't take offense. But I also don't get it. I even tried logging out of the forums, in case it was some kind of widget that reconfigured the strip title for every user so that the name was theirs. Nothing happened. So: does anyone know what's going on here? Suppose it's just the Giant's inside joke with a buddy (who...played a moronic shadowdancer in a game, on whose character this character is based? I'm picking at straws here)...?

Skavensrule
2011-08-17, 10:42 PM
I've been through the whole strip a few times now, but I only just noticed that #229 is entitled: "No Offense, Aaron."

Now, my name is Aaron. I didn't take offense. But I also don't get it. I even tried logging out of the forums, in case it was some kind of widget that reconfigured the strip title for every user so that the name was theirs. Nothing happened. So: does anyone know what's going on here? Suppose it's just the Giant's inside joke with a buddy (who...played a moronic shadowdancer in a game, on whose character this character is based? I'm picking at straws here)...?

Aaron Williams is the creator of "Nodwick" mentioned in the final panel.

ORione
I'm guessing it's an inside joke.

Edit: Ninja'd.

Porthos

Now, my name is Aaron. I didn't take offense. But I also don't get it. I even tried logging out of the forums, in case it was some kind of widget that reconfigured the strip title for every user so that the name was theirs. Nothing happened. So: does anyone know what's going on here?

He's referring to the creator of Nodwick, Aaron Williams. :smallsmile:

Skavensrule
2011-08-17, 10:44 PM
He's referring to the creator of Nodwick, Aaron Williams. :smallsmile:

Hey, I was able to post-ninja a ninja by seconds, cool!

The Giant
2011-08-17, 11:11 PM
That's correct. The "Aaron" is Aaron Williams, creator of Nodwick.

Asked, answered, locked to prevent a probable descent into madness.