PDA

View Full Version : 50 arrows for 50power points?

Devronq
2011-08-18, 04:50 AM
So somewhere on a different post I was told that a psionic caster can take an enhancement away from a magic item to temporarily gain a power point, so there you could turn a +1 arrow into a normal arrow and after some period of time (24hours?/8hours?) the item would return to normal and you could drain it again, thus for 2300gp you could make 50 +1arrows and have 50pp that you could drain from them 1/day. Does anyone know what this mite be referencing and tell me how it is done? Also if this does work and you are a dm would you allow this? It seems extremely power considering how much the normal crystal that gives you pp costs

ShneekeyTheLost
2011-08-18, 05:04 AM
So somewhere on a different post I was told that a psionic caster can take an enhancement away from a magic item to temporarily gain a power point, so there you could turn a +1 arrow into a normal arrow and after some period of time (24hours?/8hours?) the item would return to normal and you could drain it again, thus for 2300gp you could make 50 +1arrows and have 50pp that you could drain from them 1/day. Does anyone know what this mite be referencing and tell me how it is done? Also if this does work and you are a dm would you allow this? It seems extremely power considering how much the normal crystal that gives you pp costs

I've never heard of that, and I'm fairly certain that it would never exist for one simple reason:
Metaphysical Weapon (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/metaphysicalWeapon.htm) lets you create a bunch of magic arrows.

Spend 1pp, get 50 arrows. Sac for 50pp. Repeat as necessary for infinite PP.

No. Just... no. MORBO SAYS IT NOT WORK THAT WAY!!!

kamikasei
2011-08-18, 05:08 AM
You might be thinking of the manifester (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/items/weapons.htm#manifesterWeapon) weapon property.

Perhaps you could link to the post that gave you this impression?

Devronq
2011-08-18, 05:14 AM
Ah ok I must have read the manafester ability then, so could you make 50+1 manafester arrows and get 250pp (5each) from them? Or would you rule 5pp for all?

ShneekeyTheLost
2011-08-18, 05:15 AM
Ah ok I must have read the manafester ability then, so could you make 50+1 manafester arrows and get 250pp (5each) from them? Or would you rule 5pp for all?

One casting of 1pp to get you 50 arrows enchanted for a +1, for a limited amount of time.

However, you cannot apply Manifester property to arrows, as they are not a melee weapon.

kamikasei
2011-08-18, 05:32 AM
However, you cannot apply Manifester property to arrows, as they are not a melee weapon.
Manifester is not a melee-only ability; it's listed on the ranged weapon special abilities table.

Fifty +1 manifester arrows would cost you 18k gp. That would give you fifty items that would let you manifest the equivalent of a third-level power (which you already know) for free each day. As far as I can see it's rules-legal, but exploitative, and I'd veto it if a player asked for it.

Re'ozul
2011-08-18, 07:11 AM
Aww, but it could be so much fun.
Get the arrows, be a psychic warrior and use the 50 manifester arrows to make 50 arrows with empowered dissolving weapon per day. Every arrow you fire now does an extra 6d6 damage.