PDA

View Full Version : AvB - Mercenary Lady

Monodominant
2011-08-18, 08:22 AM
Mikka and DM only. All others will be given to the Flesh Carver.

The Senile Elf is a very nice and colorful tavern inside.

An elderly gnome seems to be playing a relaxed, calm tune with a harp in one corner while the heat from a large fireplace also help the atmosphere.

A dozen or so tables are spread around giving privacy to the patrons. Currently all but four are empty but despite that the smell of warm well cooked food in large quantities comes from a side door to the left leading probably to the kitchen.

Sitting on a table made from a barrels you see what seems to be the owner, going by the clothes he wears, a very old half-elf with a long white beard and grey hair.

In one of the tables you spot your old boss along with two other men, a young broad shouldered human wearing farmers clothes and a slightly older, well armed and armored man that seems to be keeping an eye around the tavern.

Mikka
2011-08-18, 08:34 AM
She couldn't help but crack a grin as she saw her old employer. Who, after all was the closest thing she had to a father figure.

"Commander" she said loudly in greeting, as she headed to his table. Old habits die hard she couldn't help but think as she just barely stopped herself from saluting. "Its been a while" she said varmly, a smile still on her lips as she took her gaze from Devron and studied his two companions.

Monodominant
2011-08-18, 06:07 PM
You see a moment of hesitation that quickly fades as recognition takes its place.

"Silvermane? That really you? You look good!" his voice rasps as he gives you a big grin and gets on his feet.

The 'farmer' simply raises an eyebrow at this and smiles while the well armored man eyes you suspiciously.

Mikka
2011-08-20, 06:58 PM
She rolled her eyes, self-consciously running a hand over the many scars along her cheek but still her smile grew, just a tiny little bit.

"As if theres anyone else running around with cursed hair like mine" she scoffed.

"You don't look too bad yourself. . ." she said, pausing dramatically before continuing with a wink "For an old man at least".

"Who're your friends?"

Monodominant
2011-09-02, 05:10 AM
Sorry for the long delay, one of the others DMs was supposed to take over but I guess he missed the thread!

"This old man could have you on the floor begging for mercy in an instant!" he says jokingly but you notice a longing or pain in his voice.

"But enough of that! Its good to see you again! But yes, let me not be rude!" he says and motions to serving girl to bring drinks over.

He motions towards the man wearing farmers clothes and as you pay more attention to him you see he has scars, battle scars, on parts of his torso that are visible and arms more fitting for a bull.

"This is Johan Mardher. He is a good friend and representative of the farmers that supply much of the city's food. And this is his friend, Erik Virek. Johan here is also short of unofficially involved with mercenary activity..." he says quietly.

The two men incline their heads toward you and Johan smiles.

"Well met. Me and my associate had almost concluded our business so since I sense you two have a lot of catching up to do we will leave you. But judging by your posture, gear and attitude towards this old man he may send you my way sooner rather than later" he says politely as he stands.

Mikka
2011-09-04, 06:25 PM
Baralta" she said in turn, giving each man a smile as they were introduced.

Turning back to her old employer she gave an apologetic grimace as she spoke up again. "I have to admit that this isn't entirely a social call.. unlike some, i've never been good with my gold and.. i still miss the thrill.. so i was as a matter of fact looking to see if you could find some work for me"

That was a loong time S_S

Ohh i have a question. If i use Chill Touch as channeling http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Chill_Touch will it be possible to use it multiple times as the spell. That is 5/level. so channeling it, i could use it 5 times with my sword or?

Monodominant
2011-09-05, 09:22 AM
Sorry for the long delay.

As for the chill touch I need to cross-check with Rizban but I think it should work... The weapon is merely the way to channel the spell and the spell allows for more than one applications of it so...

"Sit, sit Silvermane cause looking up to you is making my neck ache!" he says with a smile as he motions for a serving girl to approach.

"Two pints of beer for me and my friend! And tell your boss to put the real stuff in this time and not the dog piss he gives to his usual clientele!" he says roughly but with a touch of humor before turning back to you.

"So, you need work again eh? Tell me what kind of tricks have you learned since last I saw you and to what level are you willing to drag yourself down to for a job? All these are relevant in a city like this..." he says seriously.

Mikka
2011-09-06, 11:35 AM
Baralalta took her seat next to him, nodding politely to the serving woman as she took the pint of strong dark ale.

"How low im willing to stoop?. . you'll have to elaborate on that sir" she replied, taking a sip of the beer. Strong and dark in its taste it reminded her of chocolate for some reason.

Monodominant
2011-09-07, 05:07 AM
He coughs to clear his throat after taking a long sip from his own beer.

"Well... there is honest work which pays okay... there is tough work which pays slightly better and there is also more shady works that tends to pay the best..." he says rhetorically.

"Aldhaven is in turmoil. Most important people that worry about their safety end up with personal protection. When in personal protection you do as you are told if you want to maintain your position and your good name as a trusted bodyguard in this city... some times that may mean getting your hands dirty. Is that beyond you or would you consider it?" he says more seriously.

Mikka
2011-09-07, 02:03 PM
She gave a shrug, and a slightly crooked smile.

"I can handle that.. i thought you were thinking more unsavory things"

She took another sip of her drink before speaking again.

"Regarding my abilities.. much the same only.. i have a few more tricks up my sleeve. Healing for one would be something a potential client might find comforting. If we're talking bodyguard work i think i could keep any single person safe from most things."

Monodominant
2011-09-08, 06:20 AM
"Well there is no open war that requires ordered troops into battle lines... not yet anyway so yea... more often than not it would be bodyguard work or mercenary troupe kind of thing..." he says taking another sip of his beer.

"So tell you what. I will through my... feelers out. See what I find out for you... I hope that by tomorrow I will have some prospective benefactors for you... but tell me, what other adventures did you have while out there?" he says as he relaxes back on his chair.

Mikka
2011-09-09, 07:22 PM
"Now that is a tale best left for another time."

"I haven't even found a place to stay yet!"

Monodominant
2011-09-11, 12:27 PM
"Well depending on your plans I can suggest a couple of places where you can rent a room by month and get some breakfast included as well for affordable prices... if you are too fluid to settle down there are many inns that you can visit and spend your night for a handful of silver" he says.

Mikka
2011-09-14, 05:19 PM
"I wouldn't say no to that Commander" she replied with a nod of her head.

Monodominant
2011-09-15, 02:22 AM
"Well I can suggest the Lion and the Mouse, it is a small two-story family run establishment that is expensive but said to have the finest honey mead in Old Town... I know the owner actually as he is also an old comrade that turned from mercenary work to adventuring!" he says.

Mikka
2011-09-18, 05:34 PM
"Forgot the part about where i was as good as broke?" she said with a little laugh, "Thats why im looking for a job in the first place"

Monodominant
2011-09-19, 02:24 AM
"Well when you said broke I did not realise you meant like empty pockets broke!" he says raising an eyebrow.

"Very well... I will burn a favor but I can get you a temporary job until something betters comes along. It will essentially be being a guard for a warehouse here in the Quarter. There is a rumor it will be hit as it currently is full of merchandise and the owner, Merak the Imp, was asking if we know any trustworthy people to do it... how does that sound?"

Mikka
2011-09-19, 02:59 PM
She gave him a shrug. "I'll take it"

Monodominant
2011-09-20, 02:55 AM
"Splendid" he says and smiles.

He finishes his drink and motions to you to do the same and follow.

If you comply he heads out and you walk in silence for about 15 minutes through the quarter until you arrive in a very busy square with larger buildings than you have seen so far.

"This is part of the merchantile heart of the city. Our man is just over there" he says pointing to a short dwarf, even by dwarf standards. What strikes you as odd is that he does not have a beard, nor wearing armor.

As you approach the dwarf turns to face you and frowns.

"Oh, there he comes again! Did you finally decide to pay me back or you are coming again for another loan?" he says with a refined accent.

Your comrade looks at you for a moment and then gives the dwarf a soft punch on the chest.

"Thats for embarassing in front of others you daft half-man!" he says and laughs and the dwarf, after making a pretend hurt face, joins in.

"So. You told me you had a spot empty for that guard duty thing?" your old commander asks.

"Not any more I dont, that was two weeks ago. Mr Mardher sent me a couple of his men so I am set." replies the dwarf as he turns to look at you.

"No you arent. Those empty husks Johan sends are no good if something actually happens. This is my man... or rather woman... You will take her, give her decent pay and a place to stay and she will make sure nothing happens." he says firmly.

The dwarf looks ready to object when your commander speaks again.

"For old times shake Rafgard..." and at that the dwarf shrugs and looks at you.

"I guess she will have to do then. So, tell me... what do you expect for your services? And whats your name?"

Monodominant
2011-09-27, 08:55 AM
*poke poke*

Hello? You still around?

Monodominant
2011-10-10, 04:24 AM
Hello again. Trying to see if you are around and interested in continuing or if you have decided to quit the game.

Thank you in advance for replying...

Monodominant
2011-10-12, 02:45 AM
Your old captain interrupts before you speak.

"She will take 400 up front and another 600 when the job is done. An extra 350 if she needs to swing her sword" he says.

"Thats daylight robbery that is!" replies the dwarf. "How about 200 up front and 400 after and 100 if she gets in a fight! She is paid to guard after all!"

Your captain looks back at you and then at the dwarf.

"Nop, not good enough" and he turns to leave.

"Okay okay! 300 up front, 500 after and 200 if she fights for my property! And I will throw in the meals and place to stay!" the dwarf pleads.

"Very well that sounds more reasonable" your old friend replies and turns to you.

Mikka
2011-10-15, 12:46 PM
"Baralta" she began, hesitating as she was about to say what she expected to be paid. She had no idea how much to ask for. this was different than mercenary work but before she had a chance to give a horribly miscalculated reply her commander thankfully cut in for her.

She shot the captain a thankful look before turning back to Rafgard. "What exactly will i be guarding? and will i be doing this alone or?" she gave him a smile. "Don't get me wrong, i'm taking the job, but to do that i'd like as many details as possible"

Monodominant
2011-10-16, 01:16 AM
"Excellent and a pleasure to meet you Baralta" replies the dwarf.

"So, very recently a gang war started in the city Docks. In practice the gangs working in the Slums decided to try and taker over the docks while the local Docks gang was fighting the Jacks." he says as if thinking you will know all this.

"So I saw that comming and stocked up on the precious provisions that are generally sold in the docks. Oil, of which there is not a single drop in the city, silk and spices. I have made agreements and over the next 4 days the whole stock will be sold but until then almost everyone knows that my warehouse is full with pretty much pure gold..." he says and grins.

"And rather than let the guard duty to the usual buffons I want something better. Someone that can think and someone that will do their job right..." he says and looks at you sternly.