PDA

View Full Version : PF Cleric, suggestions appreciated.

Bloodgruve
2011-08-18, 09:05 AM
Hello,

Looking at joining a Pathfinder game and would like to run a combat cleric. I'm looking at a couple options that i would like suggestions on. I want to push good damage in melee but not lose too much casting ability. Which of these would you go with.

*Standard Cleric - 2 domains, full spells, medium BAB

*Holy Warrior - No domains, full spells minus domains, full BAB, d10 hit dice

*Crusader Archetype - 1 domain, minus 1 spell/day - medium BAB, 6 extra feats (I am away from my books currently so I may be mistaken on the name for this one)

I am leaning towards Holy Warrior but I'm concerned about flavor and turning into a warrior with cleric buffs n less feats. Basically, what is better: domains, feats, or full BAB/d10 HD?

TYVM
Blood~

Bloodgruve
2011-08-18, 04:03 PM
Shameful bump..

Yorrin
2011-08-18, 04:10 PM
Depending on how much 3.5 you're allowed Holy Warrior goes from less powerful than a regular Cleric (no 3.5) to vastly less powerful than a regular Cleric (lots of 3.5, DMM Persist etc.)

The extra feats might be worth it if you've got a good list of feats you're looking, but most Clerics aren't that feat-hungry unless you're pulling some good ol' 3.5 negative metamagic cheese.

So... I'd say standard Cleric is best for ::most:: builds.

Bloodgruve
2011-08-18, 07:20 PM
TYVM, think its gonna be a full PF run so no 3.5

I am liking the full cleric a bit more after looking at it closer, seems I wont have any problems kicking up my attack and damage while maintaining full casting.

Now I will just need some decent feats.

TY
Blood~

Paul H
2011-08-18, 07:28 PM
Hi

There are Paladin Archtypes that may be of more use.

Hospitaler still allows you to Channel Positive Energy (as Cleric of your Pal lvl -3), without using up your Lay on Hands.

Other Pally Archetypes might allow you a Cleric's Domain.

There are plenty good feats for Pally's out there.

Of course, there is the Oracle.

In PFS campaign I've seen an Oracle out-damage the Paladin and out-heal the Cleric in the same scenario! (2h Wpn, Str 18, Spont Caster, using impaired vision curse).

Plenty different Revelations to choose from.....

Thanks
Paul H