PDA

View Full Version : AVB - Evil Everywhere

Pages : [1] 2 3

planswalker
2011-08-18, 10:53 AM
Eius or dm only. All others subject to getting smacked.

Inside the temple to Wee Jas, Sebastion gratefully doesn't have to worry about looking for hidden priests, as they are not hidden. Two are standing in the main room, talking to a woman in a pale blue silk gown.

Eius
2011-08-18, 11:19 AM
I will stand a respectful few feet away, trying to think on she is related to the temples in any way and waiting patiently.

If the trio does not pay me any attention I will not interrupt their conversation.

Knowledge (Religion): [roll0] and if they are whispering Listen: [roll1]

planswalker
2011-08-18, 12:26 PM
The lady does not appear to be part of the religious affilation.

One of the priests catches you eavesdropping and says, "Can I help you?"

Eius
2011-08-18, 02:47 PM
"I apologise my lady I did not intend to intrude." Sebastian well address the lady and then turn to the priest that asked the question. "If you have a moment, I would like to report in. Also, does this branch of holy Wee Jas have lodgings for a recently arrived brother?"

Just so that you know, my holy symbol is visible with Wee Jas' symbol.

planswalker
2011-08-18, 04:40 PM
He notices the holy symbol and says, "Oh, I apologize brother. We were just discussing with the duchess Hordukka here about matters of faith. If you go in the back room, we have a spare room we keep refreshed just for traveling pilgrims."

Eius
2011-08-18, 05:48 PM
"Thank you, brother." I will head to the indicated room and set down my backpack. After looking through my meager belongings I will transfer a few to my belt pouch. Partway through this process a suspicious thought passes through my mind,
"I wonder whether the corruption has begun to spread to the devoted in this city as well?

At this I will once again expand my senses to detect the traces of evil and after a moment to collect myself, I will head back out to the main room.

The items I transferred to my person I marked on my sheet and as I'm sure you realize: Detect Evil

planswalker
2011-08-19, 11:48 PM
There is in fact evil within a 60 foot cone...

Eius
2011-08-20, 12:17 AM
Sensing the presence of evil within the temple I will continue to concentrate on refining my awareness. So that I am not drawing attention to myself and assuming I can still see the Duchess and the priests in conversation, I will begin to walk towards them.

If they are still there having their conversation when I arrive, I will ask "You were discussing things of a theological nature as I recall. May I join you? I may have a thing or two to add.

I will continue to concentrate until I pinpoint the sources of evil, scanning the crowd in the temple.

planswalker
2011-08-20, 12:22 AM
He is overwhelmed by the evil aura and loses the spell.

Eius
2011-08-20, 12:43 AM
Stunned by the strength of the evil, I will note which individuals were in my detecting range and in the area I was looking.

I will also look to see whether the priests of the temple are still talking with the duchess and if so move to join the conversation.

planswalker
2011-08-20, 10:11 AM
as it happens, there was a window, and you could see two acolytes inside the temple and four pedestrians. The pedestrians seems to be wearing priestly robes of four different faiths.

knowledge (religion) will identify which.

Eius
2011-08-20, 12:07 PM
Feeling slightly relieved that it was not a member of his order that has become corrupted, I will look for any symbols or indicators of religion on the individuals.

[roll0]

planswalker
2011-08-21, 04:03 AM
One seems to belong to Pelor's faithful, one to Moradin, one to a deity you don't recognize but seems to have a golden lantern as its symbol, and one to Obad Hai.

Eius
2011-08-21, 11:54 PM
Noting the group for future reference, I will turn to find the priests once more. If I can find them and they are not busy I will ask, "Do either of you know which god or godess is represented by a golden lantern? It is one I an unfamiliar with."

If they are busy, I will walk up and politely ask during lull in the conversation, "Is this a private discussion, or may I join you?"

planswalker
2011-08-22, 09:25 PM
You find a pries who seems to be preparing herbal candles for something. "Golden latern? Isn't that the symbol of one of the newly-arrived Sun Twins? Mineron or something?"

Eius
2011-08-22, 10:12 PM
To the priest that addressed me I will inquire, "The Sun Twins? I am unfamiliar with them, and I too am new to town. Do you know anything about them?"

As I pose the question I will attempt to watch the procession of clerics, keeping an eye on where they are going.

planswalker
2011-08-23, 11:25 AM
"Don't know too much about them myself. Just know that about ten years ago a bung of odd kobolds walked in through a portal over near the temple to Bahamut, proclaiming the glory of a new god. Several other strangers followed through over the years and now a pair of temples and some attached shrines separate Bahamut from Tiamat. The new ones also revere dragons, I think."

Eius
2011-08-23, 11:43 AM
"Interesting. Odd kobalds you said, odd in what way? Did they cause any trouble? And do you know if this portal still there?"

planswalker
2011-08-23, 03:05 PM
"You'll have to see them for yourself to understand. And I do believe that their portal is still there, located in the center of their temple complex."

Eius
2011-08-23, 03:15 PM
"Hmmmm, well thank you brother, I'll leave you to your tasks. If you could point me towards their temple I would like to see this for myself. New temples and odd religions certainly are a source of curiosity and as I have no tasks for Wee Jas at the moment, I think I will go satisfy my curiosity."

Upon receiving the directions I will depart and head to the temple of the "odd kobalds" and their exotic dragon god.

planswalker
2011-08-25, 10:10 PM
The twin temples to Solaron and Minrhet are before you. The one on the right features a bronze lantern-shaped building that seems to glow internally. The one on the left has a draconic theme, showing chromatic and metallic dragons working together. The buildings are connected by a spiral tower that mixes the two themes. Four small shrines are located one at each external corner of the buildings.

you are greeted by the sight of three kobolds. All three seem to be dragonwrought kobolds of prismatic dragons, for their scales shine irridescently in the sun with a kaleidoscope of rainbow hues. They wear yellow robes with a lantern overlaid on a sunburst in gold at the left shoulder.

"Hello, preacher dude. Would you like to convert to the worship of Solaron?" the one directly in front of you asks. His symbol has tiny prismatic dragons inlaid in mother of pearl on the lantern.

Eius
2011-08-25, 10:26 PM
"Thank you. I'm not here to convert, but I would like to hear more about these two temples. What can you tell me about Solaron and Minrhet and their worship?"

"I also hear that your people arrived here through some sort of magical portal and that it is now at the heart of your temple, is that true?"

"And what can you tell me of your kind? I am unfamiliar with them."

planswalker
2011-08-25, 11:38 PM
"Solaron is the Shiny One. He brought the sun back to Hope when it got eaten. He protects and nurtures us on Conviction, and he likes to talk to the angels. Michrael leads them. Oh, and his dark and scary part, Solkiran, is there as well. But he's not so scary when he's trying to help you. Then there's Minrhet, his twin brother, the hot and angry one. He hurts the bad people. His sons are Namtar and Martu. They care more about dragons than they do others, but if someone else really likes dragons, they like them well enough. Solaron is born from the Old Sun just before it died. Then the Solaron Dragons went out searching for Solaron's grandson who was kidnapped and found their way to here. And we came after them and set up the temples to help spread Hope and Life."

"We're the Prismatic Kobolds, the Children of Roygbv the Prophet and masters of sorcery. We follow Solaron, for he is the Shiny. We are many on Conviction but are few here, hoping to spread the Light Eternal."

Eius
2011-08-25, 11:55 PM
"You came here looking for Solaron's grandson? You've been here for some time now, have you found him?" Also what is the Conviction?"

If he seems reluctant to tell him, Sebastian will continue, "I'm asking because I might be willing to help you in your search."
OOC: If necessary Diplomacy:
Edit: That roll didn't seem to come out right, try again: [roll]1d20+11

planswalker
2011-08-26, 12:10 AM
luckily for your rolling problems, this guy is already quite helpful

"We haven't found him, and honestly I don't think he's here. There's five gods and a gazillion mortals looking for him back home, though. I'm sure someone will find him. Nowadays, we're here mostly as missionaries."

"As to Conviction, what can I say? It is many things to many people, but it is also a very real place, one that is both part of and infinitely removed from the world of our ancestral home. It is the land that Solaron built himself, with his own pure essence at its core. I myself was born in the steaming jungles that cover the central land of Conviction. Of the other lands in Conviction, the arctic wastes where the Faeli live, the deep forests where angels train in privacy, the scalding deserts where Minrhet and his children live, and the gentle hills where the aasimar serve the Conclave, I know little more."

Eius
2011-08-26, 12:28 AM
:smallsmile: Yeah still trying to work the forum roller out. Also, would you prefer it if I wrote in first or third person?

"Thank you very much, you've been very helpful. If you decide you need something, come looking for Inquisitor Sebastian Michaels. A message at the temple of Wee Jas should find me."

With that, knowing more than he did when he arrived, Sebastian will return to the temple of Wee Jas and try to find a high ranking priest.

If he finds one he will approach and speak, "Excuse me brother, I am recently arrived here. The Holy Order of Purification has sent me here to aid in the cleansing of Aldhaven. Obviously I must begin by establishing myself and making myself useful to you at this temple to the Stern Lady. So, do you have any tasks that need looking into?"

If he does not, he will ask a lesser priest about how he could talk to the high priest.

planswalker
2011-08-27, 08:31 AM
"We here at the temple all keep strictly to the Path of the Lady. You might want to ask the church of Pelor. However, I hope you have no objections to you verifying your identity before I call you an agent of our Church."

Eius
2011-08-27, 09:01 AM
"Of course, I understand, do whatever is necessary. There are many forces of chaos in this world."

While I will cooperate completely with any tests that the priest may have, I would like to roll Sense Motive to make sure that I don't get any sudden insights; unless of course it will alter my behavior, in which case I will not do so. Sense Motive [roll0]

planswalker
2011-08-27, 09:45 AM
sense motive is rolled secretly by the dm to avoid acting on the knowledge that you rolled poorly/well rather than on the result of the roll. If you request an active check, I will roll one for you in addition to me rolling one when I think the situation demands it.

Best you can tell, he's being completely genuine and just has a policy of not instantly trusting everyone who walks in off the streets in a priest's robes who sports a holy symbol.

"First off, could you tell me a brief summary of everything you know about our goddess?"

Eius
2011-08-27, 12:15 PM
OK, well now I know. For the future, are there any other skills that work in the same way? Where you roll it privately when you find it appropriate, and also when I request it.

"Certainly. In brief: Wee Jas, also known as the Stern Lady, The Ruby Goddess, Death's Guardian and the Witch Goddess, is a goddess of death and magic. Her symbol is a red skull, wreathed in flame. She teaches us that obedience of just laws and legitimate government are paramount, as without justice and hierarchy the world will fall into chaos. As a goddess of magic Wee Jas encourages her followers and priests to study spells and use magic items, as well as the creation of such things, for they give us the power and knowledge to properly support just causes. Additionally, as a goddess of death she teaches us that death is a necessary part of keeping order in this life and requires that we respect for those who have come before us for their acts in life and the knowledge that they gained."

Eius
2011-08-27, 12:23 PM
OK, well now I know. For the future, are there any other skills that work in the same way? Where you roll it privately when you find it appropriate, and also when I request it.

"Certainly. In brief: Wee Jas, also known as the Stern Lady, The Ruby Goddess, Death's Guardian and the Witch Goddess, is a goddess of death and magic. Her symbol is a red skull, wreathed in flame. She teaches us that obedience of just laws and legitimate government are paramount, as without justice and hierarchy the world will fall into chaos. As a goddess of magic Wee Jas encourages her followers and priests to study spells and use magic items, as well as the creation of such things, for they give us the power and knowledge to properly support just causes. Additionally, as a goddess of death she teaches us that death is a necessary part of keeping order in this life and requires that we respect for those who have come before us for their acts in life and the knowledge that they gained."

planswalker
2011-08-27, 04:22 PM
"That is good. Now then, as all initates know, there is a certain secret ritual, the Ruby Rite. What is it?"

You recall the "rite" rather well, as it is the most common smokescreen that priests use to scare neophytes. In fact, no such ritual exists.

Eius
2011-08-27, 04:38 PM
Sebastian smiles at this and looks around to see whether any neophytes are within earshot,

If there are any listening he will speak as though recalling the event saying, "A yes, a terrifying experience. The Ruby Rite is a ceremony of initiation where the Ruby Goddess tests the faith of her clergy. If one has proper faith, her magical fires will not harm the initiate as they walk into a magical inferno to retrieve a hidden Ruby. But if they do not have the proper faith..." Then he will wink to the priest and speak so that only he can hear, "There is no such thing as the Ruby Rite, but its rumour is very effective at scaring young entrants to the fold into proper obedience of their superiors."

If there are not, he will lean in and say "There is no such thing as the Ruby Rite, but its rumour is very effective at scaring young entrants to the fold into proper obedience of their superiors."

planswalker
2011-08-27, 04:41 PM
The neophytes nearby look at you in terror while the priest grins. "I see you are in fact one of us. Tell me, do you turn undead or rebuke them?"

Eius
2011-08-27, 04:50 PM
"While the Witch Goddess does not disapprove of the creation of undead so long as they can be created legally, I disapprove of their use and as such I Turn Undead."

planswalker
2011-08-27, 08:27 PM
"Indeed, that is most wise. In Aldhaven, it is in fact illegal to create, control, or aid an undead being. I even believe that the Church of Pelor offers a bounty on powerful undead."

Eius
2011-08-27, 10:04 PM
"Ahh, then the lawmakers of this place must be quite wise. Is there anything else you need to know or can tell me of the area? Are there many powerful undead in the area?"

After receiving the priest's answer, unless a question is posed to him, Sebastian will leave to go visit the Temple of Pelor after saying, "Thank you for your help, I will see what service I can be to Pelor's priests."

planswalker
2011-08-28, 12:01 PM
"There aren't any more powerful undead, although I hear a rumor that a vampire might be in town. Sadly, most the unholy abominations in this city reside in the hearts of mortal men who look to their own ambitions above all else."

"Go in peace, and know that the local temple of Wee Jas is here to support you should you need it. If you get into political trouble, which sadly is all too common in this city, we will give you the full weight of our support."

Eius
2011-08-28, 12:49 PM
"Well then perhaps it is this vampire that Pelor's fold will ask me to look into. Thank you for your support, it is much appreciated. Continue to walk in the Path of Wee Jas my brother. Farewell."

And with that, the much more assured Sebastian will leave the temple of Wee Jas and look around for the temple of Pelor. Upon finding and entering the temple he will look around for a priest of some stature. If he finds one he will approach and introduce himself, "Good day reverend, I am Inquisitor Sebastian Michaels from the Holy Order of Purification, a part of the temple of Wee Jas. My brothers at the temple here told me that you may have some tasks that a brother that is new to town might look into to help establish himself. Do you have any such inquiry worthy situations?"

planswalker
2011-08-28, 07:49 PM
"Indeed we do. This town is rife with corruption."

Eius
2011-08-28, 08:32 PM
"Yes, I've noticed that. Is there anything in particular that you and the temple of Pelor would like looked into?"

planswalker
2011-08-29, 01:44 PM
"Well, if you would be so kind, there is a certain professor at the university here in Aldhaven that we suspect of harboring demonic trinkets that could undo the city. If you could either verify or invalidate this claim, we would appreciate it."

Eius
2011-08-29, 02:10 PM
"That sounds like a matter worth investigation. Is there anything you can tell me about the matter before I begin? For instance, what has led you to suspect that he may have these dangerous demonic items?"

planswalker
2011-08-29, 09:53 PM
"There were four coins that, when combined, allowed one to sell their soul for filthy lucre. We were tracking down those coins and just before we were able to seize upon them ourselves, word is that a mage came and collected them. One of the witnesses confessed that he saw a university insignia on the man."

Eius
2011-08-29, 10:04 PM
"So you are not the only ones with an interest in these coins. Do you have a description of the coins or the man? Who was involved in the research of these coins; would he be able to tell me more about them?"

planswalker
2011-08-29, 10:29 PM
"All we know for sure is that the coins give off a strong sense of evil and an augury revealed a diabolic connection of the highest order. They look nearly identical to regular coins of the city, but there is a hidden message on the coins. The poor priest who sought to divine the message was nearly possessed by a devil and was forced to bite his own tongue off before we repulsed the invader. He is recovering slowly."

Eius
2011-08-29, 10:35 PM
"This sounds like it is a very serious demonic issue. I will investigate this matter immediately. But first, is there anything in the witness' description of the Mage that could help me determine which professor he might be?"

planswalker
2011-08-29, 10:51 PM
"Each witness described someone of their own race and gender. It's a relatively simple arcane spell to give oneself a reflective disguise."

Eius
2011-08-29, 11:14 PM
"So not only is this Mage involved in powerful demonic plots, he is a Mage that does not wish his identity to be discovered. I will go begin my investigation into this individual presently."

Sebastian will bid farewell to the cleric and leave the temple of Pelor. After asking a nearby guard for directions to the university he will go there quickly, feeling a unsettling dread in his heart.

Upon arrival at the university Sebastian will expand his senses to take in the presence of evil and after pausing for a moment to focus his attention he will enter. If there is map of the university he would like to examine it and if there is not (or if her is approached by a staff member) he will ask, "Excuse me, I am an Inquisitor from the temple of Wee Jas and I have been asked to look into some matters involving this university. What department is incharge of research into demonic relics and also which department is in charge of extraplanar entities."

So, obviously I am activating Detect Evil and concentrating until I can detect individual auras. Also, my Chirch Inquisitor Peirce illusion ability grants me a will save to disbelieve an illusion upon seeing it, rather than interacting with it.

planswalker
2011-08-29, 11:31 PM
He needs to make 5 will saves and detects 6 evil auras of faint to strong in strength. There is a map, and no officials approach him yet.

Eius
2011-08-29, 11:38 PM
OOC: Alright well the rolls:

Roll 1: [roll0]
Roll 2: [roll1]
Roll 3: [roll2]
Roll 4: [roll3]
Roll 5: [roll4]

And would you please list for me the departments of the university.

planswalker
2011-08-29, 11:48 PM
You see through three illusions where non-humans of various stripe had been disguising themselves as human. The only one that stands out is a tiefling female who was disguised as a human male.

As for the departments... they're PLOT. We've never listed all of them out. There is one of Supernatural and Exoplanar Research and Theory, though. Will that work?

Eius
2011-08-30, 12:16 AM
Oh, I didn't realize. I just thought that they may he listed on the map.

Not knowing much about arcane or planar matters Sebastian will go to the Supernatural and Exoplanar Research and Theory department. If he arrives they unaccosted he will look around and try to locate a free individual that looks as though he has a lot of knowledge and experience. When he finds such and individual, assuming his magical sensory of evil does not tip him off to anything, he will ask, " Excuse me, I am Inqisitor Sebastian Michaels of the temple of Wee Jas. I have been asked to look into the disappearance of some rare magical demonic coins. Do you know anything any such objects?"

planswalker
2011-08-30, 12:57 PM
'I know Jocstor has a collection of magical coins, and I think I heard a rumor that someone from Applied Combat Magics has taken an interest in coins."

Eius
2011-08-30, 01:09 PM
"Thank you very much. Did you hear why this person from Applied Combat Magica was asking about magical coins? And where might I find this Jocstor?"

Still maintaining my detect evil.

planswalker
2011-08-30, 02:07 PM
"Dunno. Jocster is the third office on your left."

Eius
2011-08-30, 02:19 PM
"Alright, you've been very helpful. Have a nice day."

And Sebastian, slightly at odds with his surroundings, will count three doors down on the left and knock on the door of the office. "Excuse me, Jocster? But might I have a moment of your time? I'm conducting an investigation about some magical coins and I was told that you might have heard something about the coins in question during your studies."

planswalker
2011-08-30, 10:34 PM
When the door opens and a half-elf man of advanced years opens it, you need to make a will save and you detect evil.

Eius
2011-08-30, 10:56 PM
OOC: What is the strength of the evil aura? And does he seem to have heard what I said?

Will Save: [roll0]

Edit: Ouch, a roll of a 1 always sucks...

planswalker
2011-08-30, 11:18 PM
If you spend the rounds concentrating to pin down the strength of the auras, that will lead to a bit of an awkward pause in the conversation. I delayed his response (which he did hear) for the will save.

"Coins? Yeah, chances are if it's a magical coin, I either have a copy in my collection or know where you can get one."

Eius
2011-08-30, 11:55 PM
Oh, my understanding was that the duration of the spell was contingent upon you maintaining concentration, and that the detail you got was based upon the number of rounds that you have been concentrating.

"Well then you are certainly the man to talk to. Can we step into your office to conduct this conversation, who knows who is listening when one talks in corridors."

And, assuming Jocstor allows, Sebastian will enter the office and wait until the door is closed before he continues.
"I am investigating a set of four identical coins, that look like the coins of this city. The unique part is that they have a hidden message on each of them and through our divination magics we have discerned that they have a powerful devilish or demonic connection. Does any of this mean anything to you? Has anyone else asked you about them recently, possibly someone from Applied Combat Magics?"

planswalker
2011-08-31, 07:29 PM
yes, but it specifies that you must maintain concentration on the same area for a number of rounds to gain those details, not total time concentrating on the spell.

"Hm... that's most disturbing. No, I can't say that anyone has."

He's hiding something, and evil is present within the area of your detect spell.

Eius
2011-08-31, 07:34 PM
Oh, that does make more sense than my interpretation.

"Indeed? Hmmm, well may I examine your coin collection then."

And regardless of his response Sebatian will begin to concentrate for the requisite time in order to locate the source of the evil emanation.

planswalker
2011-08-31, 09:15 PM
"Go ahead."

When the man steps out of the area of your detect and allows you to examine the coins, the evil is no longer detected.

Eius
2011-08-31, 09:42 PM
After discovering that the evil aura was not present on any of Jocster's coins, he will turn to Jocster and pause for a moment before continuing,
"Hmmm well you don't seem to have the coins in question. Are you're that no-one other than me has come asking for the coins? I wouldn't blame you if you were just answering someone's questions."

I don't quite know how you are doing Diplomacy checks but I would like to roll it if it is active on my part. [roll0]

planswalker
2011-08-31, 09:45 PM
it's an active roll that you roll. Normally, one can tell how effective their words are at persuading someone or befriending them as soon as they're said.

"I'm sorry, but I know you said you were with a church, but can you show me your warrant to interrogate me?"

Eius
2011-08-31, 10:11 PM
"Certainly you can see my holy symbol, and if you doubt my faith then there isn't much to do about that. But I was hoping that we could avoid the hassle of getting a warrant and seizing and searching through all of your things, your research and you coin collection. If you can direct me to someone else that is more worth our time and effort to look into, I don't really care whiter you passed on your knowledge to this person. Impeding an investigation however indicates more than passive aid of an individual.

Diplomacy [roll0] if you think it is appropriate.

planswalker
2011-09-01, 01:24 AM
"Anyone with a desire can purchase a holy symbol. And if you do not have the legal authority to compel me to answer your questions, I do my civic duty and do not respond to vigilate terroristic tactics. You have overstayed your welcome here."

Eius
2011-09-01, 01:14 PM
"Vigilante would imply the attempt to take justice into one's own hand, I am merely asking a few question to ensure that the proper authorities understand all the details. But, if it is a warrant you want, a warrant I shall get. Thank you for your help. Good day, Jocster."

Rebuffed by the first of what is sure to be many mages, Sebastian will leave the coin collector's office and head in the direction of the Applied Combat Magics department. Upon arrival he will ask the clerk, assuming he can find one, "Excuse me, but do you know who in this department has been asking about magical coins?"

planswalker
2011-09-02, 08:04 PM
"That'd be William the Grafter."

Eius
2011-09-02, 08:23 PM
"William the Grafter? I assume that his area of studies involves some sort of grafting? Why would he be interested in coins?"

planswalker
2011-09-02, 08:44 PM
"Dunno, he's an odd one. Replaced most of himself with parts from others. If you'd like to ask him yourself, his office is just down the hall."

Eius
2011-09-02, 09:08 PM
"Thank you. I'll remember that when I talk to him."

Sebastian will walk down the hallway towards the indicated office. As he walks down the hallway he will examine the walls, trying to determine what type of material they seem to be made of.

So, if I can determine what type of material it is that would be great, and since I walked into an office through a doorway, can I recall how deep/thick the walls seem to be?

planswalker
2011-09-03, 10:17 AM
They seem to mostly be stone, but you suspect a thin sheet of lead is lining the walls, for you cannot detect through them. When you passed through the door, you saw that the walls are under 6 inches thick, likely alchemically or magically treated to reinforce them.

Eius
2011-09-03, 11:48 AM
Understanding the cautious nature of the mages of this university slightly better, Sebastian will continue onwards to the office of William the Grafter and knock upon the door. "Excuse me, William? Might I have a moment of your time?"

planswalker
2011-09-05, 11:03 AM
The man who opens the door looks much like any other, but you are entitiled to a will save. You detect evil present when he opens the door.

"Yes, can I help you?"

Eius
2011-09-05, 12:02 PM
Will save: [roll0]

"Greetings, I am Inquisitor Sebastian Michaels and the Church of Pelor had asked me to look into some possibly dangerous magical coins; do you mind if I ask you a few questions?"

Just out of curiosity, while I know that in each round you get a free action with which you can talk and say roughly one sentence, and you can use your move action to do the same, how long are you ruling a sentence can be hen speaking in each of those cases?

planswalker
2011-09-06, 12:56 AM
I actually let you have up to three sentences as a free action. "sentence" in this case being one part of a compound sentence. However, outside of combat, I generally do not concern myself with specific action ordering. The standard action to concentrate on the spell would represent about three seconds where you pause though, which would leave you likely pausing awkwardly as he responds.

"Why of course you may. Just show me your warrant and I will happily comply with all just legal authority."

sense motive: his tone is friendly, and he seems to be under the assumption that this is a mere formality before he cooperates.

Eius
2011-09-06, 01:27 AM
Alright, makes sense. Thanks.

"Actually, I'm here to determine whether a warrant is necessary and that once a warrant is obtained that it's use will be focused upon the right individuals. If you would rather wait until I have the warrant, I understand completely. However, it would be of great convenience to me if you would answer a few quick questions."

Diplomacy: [roll0]

planswalker
2011-09-06, 01:31 AM
"Answering questions from someone impersonating an official of the law is punishable with a fine. However, a private person asking questions out of curiosity is absolutely fine and cannot be used in any legally binding form or prosecution. Care to tell me which version your questions will be?"

Eius
2011-09-06, 01:39 AM
"Just a friendly conversation. The rumor I heard was that you were researching magical coins for combat purposes. In your research, did you ever come across mention of some coins disguised as coins of this city, but with disguised writing on them? I asked Jocster about them, I was told he was the coin expert, but he didn't seem to know of the coins I was describing."

planswalker
2011-09-06, 01:59 AM
He immediately turns hostile towards you. "I will see you if and when you have a warrant. Until then, good day sir. If you return without a legitimate reason or authority to compel my cooperation, I will have you arrested for harassment."

Eius
2011-09-06, 02:12 AM
"Alright sir, have yourself a nice day."

Confused at the hostility these mages seem to have towards innocent inquiry, Sebastian will leave the university and return to the Temple of Pelor. Upon arrival he will find the priest that sent him to look into the matter and will approach him.

"So brother, I have found two rather suspicious individuals at the university that merrit further attention, but find myself slightly at an impass. Without a warrant I cannot legitimately continue my investigation; do the churches here, and yours in particular, have any recourse to attain such a warrant on the grounds of pressing religious matters?"

Eius
2011-09-06, 02:13 AM
Also, what time of day is it?

planswalker
2011-09-06, 02:22 AM
"We indeed do. Is it urgent enough to warrant the expense of an expedited warrant?"

Eius
2011-09-06, 02:27 AM
"Word will spread now that an investigation has been started into tracking down the coins and the culprit or culprits will go into hiding with the coins. I fear that if the coins are as dangerous as you implied, the risk of losing the coins warrants urgent measures. Do you not agree?"

planswalker
2011-09-06, 02:32 AM
"Indeed so. The church will supplement half the cost of the warrant. You need pay only 150 gold. It will be ready within the hour."

Eius
2011-09-06, 02:41 AM
"Very good. What is standard procedure in Aldhaven for official interrogations? Should I bring each suspect back here for the questioning or should I conduct it on-site?"

150g has been removed from my character sheet.

planswalker
2011-09-06, 02:42 AM
"On-site is likely the best."

Eius
2011-09-06, 02:51 AM
Sebastian will wait the hour for the warrant, and upon receiving it will peruse it for what measures are legally granted to the bearer.

planswalker
2011-09-06, 11:02 AM
The bearer is empowered to detain, charge, search, and interrogate persons at the location indicated to aid in the task underwritten.

the blanks filled in with your name, the University, investigating evil coins respectively.

Eius
2011-09-06, 12:32 PM
Newly empowered with legal authority, Sebastian pockets the warrant and leaves the temple district. He heads back to the university and first goes to William the Grafter's office.

After arriving at the office of the first suspect Sebastain will say a prayer to Wee Jas, asking for guidance and aid in discerning the truth. He will then cast a spell to force the deceitful to reveal the truth.
"William the Grafter, open this door. I have a warrant to question you."

Zone of Truth cast. DC 15 Will Save Required upon entering the spell, duration: 6 minutes.

planswalker
2011-09-06, 09:38 PM
"Very well." The door opens. He is sitting inside at his desk. Unlike what one might expect of a professor at a university of magic, there are no magical tomes or arcane treatises in sight. Instead, his office is littered with stuffed and mounted trophies of various creatures, some mundane, some fantastic, some you would swear are completely impossible if you were not staring them in the face, so to speak.

Eius
2011-09-06, 09:50 PM
Sebastian will enter the unusual office, glancing at the creatures but only as he surveys the room for dangers. He will walk up to the desk and display the warrant for the professor. "Here is the warrant you demanded. Now are you prepared to answer my questions without the hostility you displayed earlier?"

If there is a chair to sit in Sebastian will sit.

"Firstly, why have you, a member of the department of Applied Combat Magics been asking around about magical coins so suddenly?"

planswalker
2011-09-06, 10:26 PM
"I will answer your questions, but hostility will depend upon the subject you inquire about."

"I am the one you speak of."

You sit in a chair on the other side of his desk from him.

Eius
2011-09-06, 10:59 PM
"Then firstly, I would like to know for what reason you were researching magical coins? And secondly, whether you came upon any information regarding magical coins disguised as coins of this city?"

planswalker
2011-09-06, 11:03 PM
"I was doing so for private research for a side project of mine. Disguised as such, no. Coins made to look almost identical to genuine coins, yes."

Eius
2011-09-06, 11:09 PM
"What made those coins look only almost like the coins of the city and not identical, and how many of these coins did you find?"

As I ask him this and await his response I would like to look around the room using Detect Evil to determine whether there are any sources of evil from an direction other than from the durection of William himself.

planswalker
2011-09-06, 11:37 PM
There is not evil except in a cone that includes the target.

"They have a blasphemous inscription on them. I only have a handful. By the grace of the gods, only a handful exist."

Eius
2011-09-06, 11:47 PM
"It is that set of dangerous, demonic coins that I have been charged with recovering and placing into the protection of the proper authorities. Would you produce the coins for me please and explain how they came be in your possession?"

planswalker
2011-09-07, 11:44 AM
"For that request, I will show you my own paperwork." He pulls out of his desk a letter of marque placing him under the protection of the Duke Vigham Brichke. This letter protects him from all criminal charges so long as the one who granted it does not revoke the letter of marque. They are often given by powerful nobles to their private investigators to ensure they are not interfered with. In order to arrest this man, it seems, you will either have to be able to press charges against the Duke himself or convince the duke that withdrawing the letter of marque is more advisable than continuing to give this man protection.

"I am personally looking into this matter and the solution thereof. Mind swapping stories with me? Tell me who you plan on giving them to and I'll tell you who they should really go to."

Eius
2011-09-07, 02:18 PM
"Well it seems that your authority far outranks my own." Will come the sheepish reply and then continue, "The Temple of Pelor was looking into the nature of the coins, and discovered that they have the ability to grant the bearer of the set to sell their soul to a demon in exchange for a reward from the demon. It was during this investigation that the priests involved concluded that the coins were too dangerous to allow to not be in protective custody. At this time it seems that you come into the story, for before they were able to seize the coins, you collected them for the Duke."

After a pause to allow the professor to think on the information, Sebastion will ask, "Are you authorized to tell me the reason that Duke Vigham Brichke is interested in these highly demonic coins?"

planswalker
2011-09-07, 08:17 PM
"He is not specifically. But the cult that created them is one he seeks to see wiped off the face of the planet."

Eius
2011-09-07, 09:27 PM
"Hmmm, well the church will stil be highly concerned with the presence of the coins in your hands unless I can assure them that they are of no risk to the safety of the city. If the Duke does not want the coins, what is your interest in them? Is it possible for us to come to an agreement? For example, in exchange for handing the coins over to the church protection I would be willing to aid your efforts in purging a cult so ecil that they would create such foul coins as those."

planswalker
2011-09-07, 11:43 PM
"We can work together, so long as you understand that first and foremost, I am not going to give you a single one of these coins. Convincing a couple priests that you're trustworthy does not hold any water with me."

Eius
2011-09-08, 12:11 AM
"Fair enough. Having just met me in the way that you have, I wouldn't be comfortable handing the coins over either. But in the same way, I have no way of knowing what type of motivation you may have in keeping the items for yourself." Sebastian will pause and think for a moment, trying to dee a way though this predicament. "Would you feel comfortable placing the coins into church custody once I have proven myself trustworthy in your eyes? In which case, what can I do to prove my worthiness?"

planswalker
2011-09-08, 11:19 AM
"Which church specifically would that one be?"

Eius
2011-09-08, 12:16 PM
"While it is the Church of Pelor that is investigating the coins, their interest seems to be in ensuring that the coins are not at risk of being used. I would feel more comfortable placing it into the hands of the Church of Wee Jas, as it has experience in storing away dangerous or volatile magical artifacts. Whichever Church you feel is best equipped to hide away and protect the items should be chosen, but either will need some investigation to ensure that the protection is adequate and that no priest of the temple is involved in the cult."

planswalker
2011-09-09, 07:27 PM
"I prefer keeping the coins with me. I know that I won't be using them. I can't say the same for you or the interfering priests who stuck their noses into this. I've heard rumors about the Pelorites."

Eius
2011-09-09, 08:19 PM
"While you may know that you won't be using the coins, others cannot be so sure. But it is equally true that you have no real eay of knowing What secret agenda I may have; all we are trading are words. Do you see a way in which we can reconcile this question of trust?"

And after a moment of thought about the past sentence, "You've heard rumors about the Pelorites? That they are meddlesome or that they are corrupt in some way?"

planswalker
2011-09-09, 08:29 PM
"Nothing so specific. It just is highly suspicious that a group of people supposedly dedicated to helping the poor seems to give much less than it must cost to maintain their lavish temple and such. They also make my skin crawl every time I have talked with one."

"If you're thinking that doing some arbitrary and likely meaningless task for me is going to convince me to trust you, I'm not so gullible. Your type follow their convictions, regardless of what their loyalties are. You'd be on my side only until I manage to violate your code. Then, as soon as you think that it's justified, you'll turn on me to 'cleanse' my corruption. I am not an evil man, but I am pragmatic. I prefer associates whose motives are easier to calculate."

Eius
2011-09-09, 09:02 PM
"Is there no way that we can work something out regarding the coins so that we can ensure that no party misuses them?"

planswalker
2011-09-09, 09:05 PM
"It doesn't matter to me if you trust me or not. Go back and snivel to your nosy priests employers that the coins are none of their business."

Eius
2011-09-09, 09:41 PM
"Well "my priests" are the devoted of Wee Jas, but I will be informing the interested parties about what has transpired here. I doubt that this will be the end of the matter. Before I go, what do you know about your colleague Jocster? He seems to have an interest in this matter as well."

planswalker
2011-09-09, 09:51 PM
"He collects coins. Probably thinks these things are an interesting addition."

Eius
2011-09-09, 10:02 PM
"Alright, well thank you for your time. I'm sure we'll meet again." And after shaking hands with William, Sebastian will depart the exotic office and go to Jocster's office. After knocking he will announce, "Jocster, I have some more questions for you. I have a warrant."

If relevant for an effect on William, my will save is [roll0]

planswalker
2011-09-09, 10:11 PM
You get no response.

Eius
2011-09-09, 10:24 PM
With no response, Sebastian will repeat himself crying, "Jocster if you are in there open the door!"

If no response comes, Sebastian will cast A spell to detect magic in the area of the spell, concentrate to locate any individual sources, put on his shield and draw his mace then attempt to open the door.

So casting Detect Magic, concentrating for 3 rounds and if I detect
Magic in the area of the door I will revaluate.

planswalker
2011-09-09, 10:26 PM
You detect three magical auras on the door. All three are abjuration.

Eius
2011-09-09, 11:02 PM
Then, not wanting anyone to misinterpret, Sevastian will put away his mace and go to the front desk. He will say to the clerk, "I have a warrant to search Jocster's office. May I have the key, please?" and holds out the warrant.

planswalker
2011-09-09, 11:14 PM
"We don't keep spares. Normally, if someone really needs to get in an office, they cast knock or teleport through. Mages work here."

Eius
2011-09-09, 11:27 PM
"Alright, can you get a Mage for me to cast knock on the door for me? If there is no other way to enter the office then I will be forced to break down the door."

planswalker
2011-09-09, 11:37 PM
"I can. It will cost you a standard 60 gold to hire the caster. Guild rules."

Eius
2011-09-10, 12:10 AM
"Sigh, very well. Here. Just get that door open."

60g taken from my sheet.

planswalker
2011-09-10, 12:12 AM
knock and it shall be opened unto you.

Inside, the office is empty. A note on the desk says, "Out in class. Leave a note for me and I'll get back."

Eius
2011-09-10, 12:31 AM
"Thank you." says Sebastian to whatever Mage openned the door for him. And then will use both his magical and mundane senses to search the room looking for any connection to the coins or the cult that William The Grafter mentioned. Additionally, he will keep an eye out for any hidden compartments or extradimentional spaces.

So I will take 20 on a search check totalling 21 :P as well as searching and concentrating with detect evil (I'm assuming it has been more than 6 minutes?, if not then I will use Detect Magic as well) to locate each individual source.

planswalker
2011-09-10, 04:32 PM
You find 3 evil objects in the room. One is a pen. Another is a platinum coin. The third is, oddly enough, the chair he normally sits in.

Eius
2011-09-10, 04:58 PM
Taken aback at the strangeness of the evil items Sebastian will examine each closely to determine their nature.

Knowledge Arcana: [roll0] Knowlege Religion: [roll1] Knowledge Arcana: [roll2] Knowlege Religion: [roll3] Knowledge Arcana: [roll4] Knowlege Religion: [roll5] and
Search: [roll6]
Search: [roll7]
Search: [roll8]
For the Pen, Coin and Chair respectively.

Eius
2011-09-10, 04:59 PM
Taken aback at the strangeness of the evil items Sebastian will examine each closely to determine their nature.

Knowledge Arcana: [roll0] Knowlege Religion: [roll1] Knowledge Arcana: [roll2] Knowlege Religion: [roll3] Knowledge Arcana: [roll4] Knowlege Religion: [roll5] and
Search: [roll6]
Search: [roll7]
Search: [roll8]
For the Pen, Coin and Chair respectively.

planswalker
2011-09-10, 05:03 PM
spellcraft checks, actually.

Eius
2011-09-10, 05:13 PM
:P I roll everything but that, and what do I need? Hehe anyway: Spellcraft: [roll0]
Spellcraft: [roll1]
Spellcraft: [roll2]

planswalker
2011-09-10, 05:16 PM
You don't get much on the others, but the chair is an awakened magic item.

Eius
2011-09-10, 05:59 PM
Well that's an odd thing to awaken. thinks Sebastian, staring at the chair. "Can you talk?" he will ask the chair, feeling somewhat foolish and assuming he gets no response he will continue to examine the coin. He will look carefully at it attempting to discern whether or not it is one of the Demonic coins.

Would you describe the coin for me please. Does it look like one from Aldhaven and do you want a search check on it?

planswalker
2011-09-10, 11:42 PM
It appears to be a foreign coin.

The chair does not respond.

Eius
2011-09-11, 01:05 AM
Finding nothing out of place, Sebastian will leave the office and the university to return to the temple district. Upon his return Sebastian will enter the temple of Pelor, look for the priest that asked him to look into the matter of the coins. If he find the man he will report his findings.

"So, in my investigation I have discovered some worrying things. The university professor William the Grafter is collecting the coins in an effort to track down and eliminate an evil cult on behalf of one Duke Vigham Birchke. While I could not convince the Mage to relinquish the coins to church protection, he did confirm that he had the coins in his protection."

planswalker
2011-09-11, 09:17 AM
"That is very good. The church thanks you for your efforts in the cause of justice. Do not be concerned about this issue any further. We shall send a team of operatives to retrieve the coins ourselves. Thank the temple of Wee Jas on our behalf."

Eius
2011-09-11, 11:54 AM
"Very well. What are the laws here about possessing demonically linked items? Also there is the matter of compensation for my time and efforts; or should this be counted as a favor between churches, one that can be expected to be returned if it is needed?"

What time of day is it?

planswalker
2011-09-11, 01:27 PM
"I thought you understood that you were repaying a favor that the church of Wee Jas owed us... strange. Did they forget to mention that. As for the laws regarding infernal items, you'd do best to go to the City Watch and learn that there."

it is approximately 4:30

Eius
2011-09-11, 01:59 PM
"I was not informed of that. Well, I will inform my colleagues that the favor has been returned then. I'm glad that we could be of assistance to you. If you find you have something else that you need help with, don't hesitate to ask. Blessings upon you. Farewell."

Slightly lighter of pocket, but having done good work, Sebastian will leave the Temple of Pelor and return to the Temple of Wee Jas. Upon his return he will approach the priest that he talked to before, or another priest of that rank and inform him of what has transpired.

"I have finished a job for the temple of Pelor. It seems that we owed them a favor for some earlier favor they did for us. But, they had me look into some demonic coins that a university professor is researching. The strange thing is that the professor is working under the authority of Duke Vigham Birchke to root out a cult in the area. Do you know of which cult he speaks? Is it something of concern?"

planswalker
2011-09-11, 02:04 PM
"Favor? What favor? We don't owe them anything. It is only just that they give you compensation for your efforts on their behalf."

"I do not have specific knowledge of such a cult, but in a city this size, there's always SOMEONE trying to call on unearthly powers to help them do what they can't do on their own."

Eius
2011-09-11, 02:13 PM
"Hmm then it seems that the priest was simply trying to swindle me. I will have to go rectify that. Thank you brother."

Angrily now, Sebastian will return to the temple of Pelor to find the swindler priest. Upon approach he will address the man, "Sir, I have spoken to my brothers and been informed that there was both no favor owed to the Temple of Pelor and that the standing arrangement is that one's efforts be compensated for by the church for whom the action was for. Now, if you please, I would like my payment. In the future, I would prefer such pranks be of a less advantageous nature."

planswalker
2011-09-11, 02:22 PM
He is unable to locate that priest. Apparently, he is out on a personal leave to meditate on the glory of the light. No one seems to know about the deal he made with you. You eventually find another priest who is more than willing to help you out.

"Terribly sorry about the mix-up. Show us a copy of the contract and we will of course rectify things immediately, including compensation for the time you had to waste."

Eius
2011-09-11, 02:40 PM
"It seems that many people in this city are not telling me about procedures of the city. I was not given a contract, however I have this warrant, obtained by this church for the purpose of investigating certain magical coins, as proof that I was working for you."
Sebastian will present the warrant.

planswalker
2011-09-11, 10:36 PM
"That is a legitimate warrant, but without a contract, we cannot help you. What exactly you were hired for is not specified in the warrant, neither is your agreed upon pay. Best I can do is recompense you for the warrant and 10% above that cost."

Eius
2011-09-11, 11:31 PM
"Well if that is all you can do. In the future I will have to be more careful when working for others. But, if you can recoup some of my losses I will be grateful."

planswalker
2011-09-12, 07:30 PM
"Of course. If you'll just show me the warrant for verification."

Eius
2011-09-12, 07:35 PM
Sebastian will show the warrant to the priest.

Also, is there a time limit for the warrant?

planswalker
2011-09-12, 08:28 PM
warrants last 24 hours before needing to be renewed.

"Very well. I can tell by the times on it that it was a rush job." Twenty minutes later, you have been given a full refund on the warrant and a 10% bonus.

Eius
2011-09-12, 09:04 PM
Just to clarify, I was refunded for my portion of the warrant or for the whole cost of the warrant? And then 10% of course.

"Thank you for your help. I'm sorry for my hostility, although you should look into ensuring that anyone doing work for you knows to get a contract in writing. Blessings upon you. Farewell."

After leaving the temple of Pelor and counting his recouped finances, Sebastian will ask directions to the Watch headquarters and then head there. When he arrives be will ask around for a person who can tell him about some laws in Aldhaven and who can tell him about any cult activity in the city.

planswalker
2011-09-12, 09:18 PM
the portion you paid and 10% more than you paid.

At the local guardhouse, one of the guards outside says, "Can I help you, sir?"

Eius
2011-09-12, 09:41 PM
Alright, added to my sheet. And is there evil in the 60ft cone that includes the guard?

"Yes sir, can you direct me to an individual that can tell me about some details about Aldhaven laws? And does the watch fortress have information on suspicious cult activity in the area?"

planswalker
2011-09-12, 10:42 PM
There is no evil detected.

"Well, you'll want to go on in and speak with the sergeant."

Eius
2011-09-12, 11:07 PM
"Alright. Thank you."

Sebastian will then enter the building and look around for the Sergeant. And assuming he can be found, will ask, "Excuse me sir, I was hoping that you could answer a few questions for me. What are the city laws on the possession of infernal magical items? Also, what can you tell me about any cultist activity in the area?"

planswalker
2011-09-12, 11:10 PM
"I can get you a comprehensive guide to the laws of aldhaven. Takes a week to copy the volume by hand for 8 silver or 10 gold to have it done in an hour magically. As for any active cults... if the Watch knows of any, we do not make it a habit to leak such intel to any civilian who happens to walk in, dressed as a priest of a holy order or not. A lot of corrupt priests are at the hearts of cults."

Eius
2011-09-12, 11:36 PM
"As for the laws, I'll pay the 10g to have it done within the hour. As for the other, you don't warn your citizens when there are dangerous groups working in the area? How alarming."

And after waiting the hour for the comprehensive laws of Aldhaven, Sebastian will head towards to Plaza to listen to the town crier. Then, hearing of some lost items he will head to Sunderham's Imports. Assuming he can find a storekeeper he will say, "I'm looking Cassatta."

planswalker
2011-09-13, 09:29 AM
"Warning citizens that life can be dangerous is pointless. Life everywhere is dangerous. Have you looked around recently?"

[br]

"No, I can't say that you look much like her."

Eius
2011-09-13, 12:51 PM
Lol that's what happens when one is posting from a phone I suppose; you miss words. Also, how does the book for laws work? Do I ask you about a law and you will respond? Or is there a page you are creating? Also, I forgot to say that the 10g was deducted from my sheet.

"You know, you're probably right. I should try better to not trip over my tongue. I'm looking for Cassatta in regards to the town crier's advertisement. Can you tell me where can I find her?"

planswalker
2011-09-13, 02:42 PM
you ask about a law, I'll tell you what it is.

also, you've managed to land yourself into a quest that Riz is running. While you are pursuing this quest, he'll be your dm.

Eius
2011-09-13, 02:52 PM
Oh, how interesting. Well, see you later I suppose, wish me luck. In the meantime can you tell me about the laws regarding possessing infernal magical items?

planswalker
2011-09-13, 04:58 PM
it is highly illegal to do so. Possessing one unless you are officially sanctioned by the king himself is a punishable crime that can earn you up to ten years hard time in the needle mines.

Actually using one is a capital offense.

Rizban
2011-09-13, 11:51 PM
The man looks at you for a moment and says, "Well, this is just the store front. The main office is down by the docks, Pier 4."

Eius
2011-09-14, 12:50 AM
"Is it safe in the docks? I heard that there was some sort of gang war going on there. Before I risk myself venturing into there, do you know anything about the posting that Cassatta put up on the town crier?"

Rizban
2011-09-14, 01:45 AM
"No, not really, but if you stick by the water's edge and move quickly, I'm sure you'll be fine.

All I know is that she's offering a very fair sum, but I don't have the skills necessary to find it."

Eius
2011-09-14, 02:12 AM
"Is that how you move your wares from the office to here? Is there no more secure way? If I do end up going along the waterfront do you know of any dangers I should watch out for?"

Rizban
2011-09-14, 12:41 PM
He just shrugs at your question.

"We just haven't moved any wares since the fighting spilled into the streets. There's enough here to last a few days.

Something about deadly shadows and goblins. I don't know. I don't go down there."

Eius
2011-09-14, 12:58 PM
"Alright, thank you. I think I will head down in the morning. Have a nice evening."

Leaving the store Sebastian will collect himself and head towards the Watch Headquarters. Upon arrival he will seek a clerk looking individual and approach them. "Excuse me sir (or madam), I was wondering whether I might be able to see the Captain of the guard, or make an appointment to see him. I have some sensitive information about some highly dangerous, highly illegal activities that are happening that I feel he should know about. Can you help me?"

Rizban
2011-09-14, 05:44 PM
Watch Headquarters? Do you know where that is or anything about it?

Eius
2011-09-14, 06:37 PM
Hmmm, I suppose I may be extrapolating a significant amount from the hierarchical nature of the guardhouse and the seeming lack of significant power the sergeant exhibited. If you think so, then I will change my actionto the following, after I left the shop:

Sebastian will return to the temple of Wee Jas, grabbing some food along the way, and retire for the night. In the morning he will prepare himself and his spells for venturing into the docks. After his preparations are complete, he will ask for directions to the waterfront enterance to the docks and head to that gate. (Detect Evil running again).

Rizban
2011-09-15, 12:53 AM
He is directed north towards King's Causeway at the River Gate on the north end of the city where Old Town meets the wall of the Nobles' Quarter. A large gatehouse there is guarded by full 20 watchmen monitoring all the traffic, which is rather light considering the time of day. As you approach, one stops you.

"Hold on a moment. What is your business in the docks?"

Eius
2011-09-15, 01:15 AM
Pausing and looking at the guard, gauging his nature, Sebastian will answer.
"Good Morning Guardsman. I am looking into a request for aid from one of the building owners down on the docks. Tell me, has the fighting died down? Surely lawmen such as you have started to push back the ensuing chaos?"

Rizban
2011-09-15, 01:38 AM
The guards don't register as evil, but nearly 1/3 of everyone you've passed on the way here has.

"It's starting to, but orders are stay put and let 'em fight it out. Better a dead Gobo than a dead Watchman. Serves 'em right too, the nasty buggers." He spits as if to cleanse his mouth.

Eius
2011-09-15, 01:52 AM
"Well so long as justice is served and order reasserts itself. Is it safe enough for a cautious individual to make it through? If I venture in, is there anything I should watch out for? You are letting people into the docks, aren't you guardsman?"

Realizing that he rapidfired his questions at the officer, Sebastian will pause to allow the guard enough time to respond. In the meantime, he will look at the individuals that are coming and going from the docks, looking to see how they interact with the guards.

Rizban
2011-09-15, 02:17 AM
He just shrugs.

"Just be careful, move fast, and don't go into any alleys, and you'll be fine... maybe."

Eius
2011-09-15, 01:17 PM
"Well here's hoping. Thank you guardsman."

Sebastain will take the guard's warning to heart and strap on his shield as he enters the docks. After crossing the gate into the docks he will look around, but continue moving. After he has gotten a good look at the place Sevastian will begin to move more quickly, staying close to the water as the shopkeeper advised.

So yeah, looking around for anything mundane and anyone hiding: Spot [roll0]. And then I will be double moving as I pass (hopefully) through the docks.

Rizban
2011-09-16, 02:54 AM
Passing through the guardhouse, he notices an island about halfway across to which the causeway connects. The entire island is dominated by a large Fortress which bears the crest of the City Watch on its gates.

Eius
2011-09-16, 12:22 PM
Taking note of the massive building, Sebastian will continue past it and when he reaches the guardhouse on the other side he will ask one of the guards there, "Excuse me, but what is that rather imposing building? Is it part of the defensive features of the city?"

Rizban
2011-09-18, 03:28 PM
"Um.. yes... That's the Fortress."

Eius
2011-09-18, 03:38 PM
Giving the man a level stare, "Obviously it's a fortress, but what is it for? What happens within?"

Rizban
2011-09-18, 03:57 PM
He seems confused.

"It's the Fortress. You know, the Fortress. It fortifies the river, guards the causeway, houses the Watch. You know, the Fortress."

Eius
2011-09-18, 04:06 PM
"Oh. I did not know that. Now I do." Rings Sebastian's voice coldly. He looks past the guard into the dock district. "Is there anything I should know before I head into the docks."

Rizban
2011-09-18, 04:08 PM
"Huh... I thought everyone knew 'bout the Fortress. Sorry about that.

Yeah, stay out of the shadows, don't go in the alleys, and stay on guard. Also, if you're not back by nightfall, the gate closes and we won't waste the effort to retrieve the corpse. Don't be late."

Eius
2011-09-18, 04:14 PM
"Back by nightfall. Thank you."

Cautiously Sebastian will enter into the docks, aware that a war has just broken out here and that danger might be lurking anywhere. He will walk quickly if he can, staying close to the water's edge. As he walks, he will keep his eye out for any type of danger as he makes his way towards Pier 4.

Rizban
2011-09-18, 04:21 PM
You enter the Docks and see a desolate scene indeed. What once was a rough commercial district that enjoyed relative peace by day has become a dangerous place. Hobgoblins and bugbears with blue hands tattooed on their faces walk around, roughing up humans and members of the other races that live in the area as they walk down the streets, trying to go about their business.

Eius
2011-09-18, 04:34 PM
Not wanting to make any trouble Sebastian will keep his head down, merge with the flow of traffic in the area and make his way towards the piers; all the while hoping that the villains are to occupied with the others to notice him.

Additionally, when I looked in the direction of the Hobgoblins and Bugbears (assuming they are within 60ft) did I detect the presence of evil?

Rizban
2011-09-18, 05:02 PM
They were indeed all evil... except one.

Sunderham's Imports is a small wooden building built over the water on piers, standing about six feet above the water. You make it there without being stopped.

Eius
2011-09-18, 05:06 PM
Relieved at having not been accosted by the brigands, Sebastian will continue into the office. Upon entering he will look around and should he spot someone that might be able to help him, he will approach and say, "I'm looking for Cassatta about her posting to the town crier. Can you direct me to her?"

Rizban
2011-09-18, 05:07 PM
The interior looks like little more than a warehouse with several rows of shelves stocked with various goods. It appears that the most common items are foreign spices and fine silks. A tall blond woman with curly hair and a slender build looks up from the paperwork on her desk.

"Hi there! What do you want with her?"

Eius
2011-09-18, 05:09 PM
"As I mentioned, I heard her posting with the town crier and thought I would offer my services in her plight."

Rizban
2011-09-18, 05:11 PM
"Oh, that, right. Well, she's in the back office."

She points to a door.

"Feel free to knock."

Eius
2011-09-18, 05:21 PM
"Alright, thank you."

Sebastian will follow the directions to the office and knock firmly on the door, "Cassatta, are you in?"

Rizban
2011-09-18, 05:22 PM
"Come in!"filler

Eius
2011-09-18, 05:32 PM
Sebastin will push open the door, glancing at the construction of the walls, and continue into the room. "Is this the owner of the business, to have her own office?, the thought flashes through Sebastian's head. "Cassatta? I am Inquisitor Sebastian Michaels. I saw your posting about some lost item and thought I would offer my services."

Rizban
2011-09-18, 05:33 PM
She seems a bit uncomfortable with you but responds casually, "And you think you can find it?"

Eius
2011-09-18, 05:48 PM
"I do not have any information about what you are looking for, but I am confident that I can find whatever it is you are looking for."

Then, after returning his shield to his back, Sebastian will continue, "You seem ill at ease, is there something troubling you?"

Rizban
2011-09-18, 05:50 PM
"I'm just concerned about the return of my horn. The thieves Madarius and Gregor stole it. Madarius is reported to be in the city somewhere, as my friend Syrgut has seen him. Gregor seems to have fled, leaving the horn in Madarius' possession."

Eius
2011-09-18, 05:56 PM
"Then, as the rightful owner of the horn I will have it returned to you. Can you describe the horn to me? As well as the two individuals, Madarius and Gregor, please."

Rizban
2011-09-18, 06:02 PM
"The horn is made of narwhal horn, bound with rings of brass and inlaid with precious coral depicting a stormy sea. It's a family heirloom, and I desperately want it returned, or my ancestors will never allow me to rest with them.

Gregor is inconsequential. Last I heard, his body was wracked with incurable disease, and he fled the city. Still, he's human, and what hair he has left is dark brown. Slight build, annoying, a typical human.

Madarius is a squat little gnome who talks too much. He's sneaky too, that one, and he's fond of climbing. Gray eyes, black hair, suspicious looking but makes himself seem trustworthy."

Eius
2011-09-18, 06:14 PM
"That should be enough for me to work with. You said that Mabarius is supposed to be somewhere in the city? Do you have any leads on where he is? Also, did he and his partner steal just the horn from you then? Do you know their interest in it?"

Rizban
2011-09-18, 06:22 PM
"They were working for me as dock hands helping me to unload a shipment. It turns out that they were just trying to get in to steal whatever they could. Of the items taken, it's the only one of importance.

Madarius was last seen in Old Town, but I heard that he is looking for 'revenge' against me for reporting him to the authorities, even though they haven't actually done anything yet."

Eius
2011-09-18, 06:29 PM
Btw, what is my sense motive telling me about what she is telling? Does she seem to be above board with all of this? Also, does she seem to be registering as evil to my detect evil?

"Are you at all concerned that they may attempt harm on you? Your request then is that I focus my efforts into tracking this theif down and returning your horn to you?

Rizban
2011-09-18, 06:47 PM
She seems to be telling the truth, but she doesn't seem to be telling you everything... which is to be expected, since you basically just showed up out of nowhere.

She does not register as evil."No, he can't harm me. He's a weakling. I could easily smash him with my hammer if he tried anything. No, he's just going to try to cripple my business, I'm sure.

Yes, the only important thing is returning my horn. If you were to turn him over to the authorities, then I would be fine with that, but I don't care so long as I get my horn."

Eius
2011-09-18, 06:59 PM
"I'm glad that you are not in any real danger from him then. Very well, I will look into this for you. If I do find it and return it to you, what will be my payment? For as a business woman you understand that nothing in this world comes free of charge."

Rizban
2011-09-18, 07:04 PM
"I'll pay you 1,000 gold and give you a discount on anything you want to buy from me."

Eius
2011-09-18, 07:07 PM
"Sounds like a deal to me. If we can just write out the deal and sign it I will begin work immediately. I've been recently taken advantage of for not having a physical copy of a deal and don't want to repeat the experience. I'm sure you understand."

Rizban
2011-09-18, 10:46 PM
She writes out on a piece of paper that looks like a formal store receipt.

"Item: 1 family horn
Payment: 1,000gp; 10% discount"

Then she signs underneath.

Eius
2011-09-18, 11:31 PM
Sebastian will sign the form as well, fold it carefully and put it in a pocket.
"Thank you, ma'am. I will inform you of any progress I make."

As he leaves Sebastian will nod to the woman out front and make his way outside. Once again he will don his shield, look around for anything (too) out of place, and slid his way into what traffic there is with his head down. He will then make his way towards the exit and the Fortress.

Rizban
2011-09-18, 11:58 PM
A dwarf with hair the color of flames enters just as you are leaving. He gives you an angry look and stares at you as you leave.

Eius
2011-09-19, 12:07 AM
His angry glare will be returned with an icy cold one and Sebastian will brush past him as he continues into the street.

Kowledge Religion: [roll0], Knowledge Arcana: [roll1] to recall whether or not I know anything about his race. Also, does he (his square) register as evil?

Rizban
2011-09-19, 12:30 AM
He is a dwarf... he has dwarf traits.

Yes, he is very evil.

Eius
2011-09-19, 12:31 AM
Also, since I think this is a Knowledge I don't have I will just roll a basic Int roll: [roll0]

Eius
2011-09-19, 12:33 AM
Interesting fellow. If it comes to it... he may simply be in my way. the thought passes through his mind and Sebastian will simply continue to merge with the traffic and make his way out of the district.

Rizban
2011-09-19, 01:46 AM
The sun is getting low in the sky, and the shadows are growing. In every shadow he passes, he detects evil, but he is unable to see anything.

Eius
2011-09-19, 01:51 AM
Conscious of the closing of the gates at nightfall, Sebastian will hurry through the streets to the gates, knowing that his very life is in danger should he not make it to them before they close.

Rizban
2011-09-19, 01:58 AM
He makes it with about an hour to spare.

Eius
2011-09-19, 02:06 AM
Wow, that day went really quickly! Lol

Inside the gate that risked closing, Sebastian will head into The Fortress, thinking that there may be some information that he could use to track down the theif in need of justice.

Rizban
2011-09-19, 02:08 AM
The portcullis is closed, but there is a small servants' door built into it standing open. He realizes, however, that if he lingers here, the gatehouses will close, and he'll be stuck on the Causeway or in the Fortress for the night.

Eius
2011-09-19, 02:21 AM
Seeing that he isn't going to make any progress in tracking down his quarry this night, Sebastian will return to the Temple District and his quarters in the temple of Wee Jas. There he will say a prayer to Wee Jas to give him the foresight to plan his next course of action and then retire for the night.

Assuming all that happens and he wasn't accosted before he reached his bed, Sebastain will sleep, ready his spells in the morning and set out to track down the theif Mabarius. His first stop will have his footsteps leading him to the Fortress which he was too late to enter the previous night.

So, I too will be retiring for the night and I will do Sevastian's spells in the morning. Hopefully we will continue this productive line of posts. Thanks for the effort you've put in!

Rizban
2011-09-19, 02:27 AM
He makes it back unmolested and sleeps soundly through the night.

Eius
2011-09-19, 11:06 AM
Sebastian will wake refreshed after a successfully productive day and his spells. He will, after eating, set out to track down the theif Mabarius. His first stop will have his footsteps leading him to the Fortress which he was too late to enter the previous night. He will enter the massive, opposing looking building and look for any current postings for wanted criminals.

Rizban
2011-09-19, 03:49 PM
The main gate to the fortress is closed, but a small servants entrance gives you access. Inside, well, it's a fortress. Several buildings are built within which appear to be barracks, storage, a smithy, and a stable, and a few more the purpose of which isn't immediately recognizable. Being a military post rather than a tavern or shop, there isn't anything posted near the entrance.

Eius
2011-09-19, 04:11 PM
Unsure as to where he might get the information that he is looking for, he will stop or approach a worker if he can see one, or go into the barracks if no-one is about, and ask, "Excuse me, I'm looking for information on currant warrants, do you know where I might be able to find that?"

Rizban
2011-09-20, 04:43 AM
"Huh? Oh, warrants. Um... I'm pretty sure you have to ask a sergeant. They'll know or know where to find them. Head into the building there, and they should be able to help you."

He points to the second closest building to you.

Eius
2011-09-20, 11:57 AM
"Great thanks."

Sebastian will head over to the building indicated and enter. After looking around to get a feel for the building he will look for a sergeantand if he sees one he will ask for the information he needs. "Excuse me sir, I'm looking for some information on current warrants for wanted criminals. Could you tell me where I can find them."

Rizban
2011-09-21, 12:13 AM
"Well, we don't just give that kind of information out to anyone. I'll need proof of citizenship and/or clearance to access such files."

Eius
2011-09-21, 12:45 AM
"Huh, well that is rather unexpected. I would have thought individuals should know who to watch out for in order to aid any official efforts to track down the criminals. This way seems to allow the criminals to hide behind the mask of anonymity. Well I am not an official citizen and do not have the type of authority that you are looking for. How does one become a citizen of Aldhaven?"

Curious as to whether the laws that protect criminals have anything to do with corruption in the city, Sebastian will turn to leave after hearing the guard's response. Pausing partway through the turn, Sebastian will turn back and say, "If I can't get the information to properly look into crimes and wanted criminals, then I would like to offer my aid to the city watch. Would you circulate that if any official investigation needs investigatory aid, I, Inquisitor Sebastian Michaels, am happy to be of use. I am versed in both investigation and questioning of suspects. If you could do that for me I would be grateful."

Again, curious as to whether or not his efforts will make much difference in such a corrupt city, Sebastian will leave the Fortress and enter into the Old Town. When there he will look around for an inn or tavern that seems mildly popular and occupied but not so popular to be crowded.

Rizban
2011-09-22, 12:47 AM
"It may seem backwards to you, but we have so many vigilantes and would be heroes in this town that we have to not publish any but the worst criminals to keep the citizens safe from themselves.

As for becoming a citizen, you have to have proof of identification and fill out some paperwork. In addition, you must be vouched for by a native citizen and provide evidence that you will be a contributing member of society. If you desire any kind of rights though, you'll need to be a landowner, but to be a landowner, you'll need to be a citizen.

Well, you're welcome to join the Watch, but we'll need proof of identification as well as a resume and will need you to fill out the appropriate paperwork."

He finds just such an Inn just inside of Old Town called the Green Stag.

Eius
2011-09-22, 01:11 AM
Before he enters the Green Stag, Sebastian will consult his book of the laws of Aldhaven and check the rights of citizens of the city. After he finishes glancing through the book, he will enter into the establishment of the Green Stag. Assuming nothing jumps out at him upon entry, Sebastian will look around and see whether there is a Gnome, that fits the description that Cassatta gave him, in the tavern.

If there is, he will order himself an ale and one of whatever the gnome is drinking. With the two drinks in hand, he will walk over, set the glasses on the table and seat himself across from the gnome. Pushing the drink for the gnome is his direction, he will speak, "Are you the one they call Madarius? I'm not with the city watch, I just heard that you had a disagreement with Cassatta."

If there isn't, he will walk over to the barkeep and ask him about Madarius, "Excuse me, sir (or madam). I was wondering whether you've seen a squat, grey eyed, black haired gnome that goes by the name of Madarius? I'd be grateful if you could help me out here."

So, I got a book of all the Aldhaven rules earlier in my thread, and so I was wondering what benefits come along with being a citizen.
Then, if applicable a Diplomacy roll for whichever instance happens: [roll0] Also, the general rulings in the recruitment thread says that diplomacy is not quite the same as PHB; how are you working it?

Rizban
2011-09-22, 02:21 AM
Just roll the diplo and we'll work it out.He learns that citizens have the rights to own land and property, have representation and a fair trial should charges be brought against them, the right to self-defense, the right to attend every public meeting of the City Council as well as the right to vote on the issues brought to Council. He learns also that citizens are required to pay taxes on owned property and serve in jury if called.

There are, in fact, no gnomes in the tavern at all.

The barkeep doesn't even look at you as he pours the drink. "Can't say that I do."

Eius
2011-09-22, 02:07 PM
Ok, I just wasn't sure whether you guys wanted me to just roll it whenever I felt I might be being (even slightly) diplomatic.

Sebastian will think to himself for a moment and look around the tables. Now, he could simply know nothing, or he could simply be withholding the information. What makes the tongues of men waggle...
"Are you sure you've never seen him in here? Would a few gold help jog your memory?"
Along with the comment Sebastian will slide a shining platinum piece across the table.

So two things, what are the patrons here at the bar like? AND Lets try and make him a little more friendly, shall we? Diplomacy: [roll0]

Rizban
2011-09-22, 02:17 PM
"Yes. Maybe..."

The patrons seem to be mostly foremen, other overseers, and small businessmen who make a bit more than the average worker. Likely, they came from nearby workshops and such in the Guildsman District, wanting to go to a nicer place than were the common labor would go. You note that one is even reading a book.

Eius
2011-09-22, 03:08 PM
Another Platinum piece will follow the first.

"Does that help the fellow seem a little more familiar? I'll be sure to not mention your name when I talk to him if that's your worry."

Rizban
2011-09-22, 03:31 PM
He smirks as he pockets the two coins.

"Hmm... yes, my memory is much clearer now. I can now say with absolute certainty that I don't know the man and have not before now heard the name."

Eius
2011-09-22, 03:48 PM
I'm surprised that I couldn't tell he was just being greedy.

"Well, keep the coins and if you do see him, send a message to the temple of Wee Jas for Inquisitor Sebastian Michaels. There's more where they came from if you do."

Disgusted at the man's greed, Sebastian will leave the inn and while he is no good at poking around on the street, he will do some asking around after Madarius.

So, this isn't going to go well. Gather Information:[roll0]
Also, as I'm asking around ineffectually, can I get a feel for the rough size of the Old Town? Can I tell what is the rough length of the widest part?

Rizban
2011-09-24, 08:58 PM
He's got a really high Bluff skill and had a decent circumstance bonus because you wanted to believe he knew more than he was letting on.

He nods to indicate that he will send word if he can.

This is an unfinished map of the city that I'm working on, but the red buildings south of the river and north of The Plaza (with the fountain) are all Old Town. Pretty much all of Old Town is on there as is most of Midtown. The Green Stag (where you are) is on the eastern part of Old Town near that little bit of wall that juts into the city not far from that easternmost tower. I'd edit the map to show you exactly, but I'm not where I can edit it at the moment.

I'll let you look at the map and make any decisions you want to make before I adjudicate your Gather Info.http://www.mornproductions.com/map3.png

Eius
2011-09-24, 09:39 PM
Ok that does give me a pretty good idea of what I wanted to know. Although, do you have a rough scale for the map?

Sebastian will ask around (as stated), not focusing his efforts into one specific area but asking around generally. He's probably hiding well enough that people won't really know where he is, and I'll probably have to focus my search to sections of the town. But, who knows what'll turn up.

Rizban
2011-09-26, 06:19 AM
You see the orange building directly to the left of the fountain in the Plaza? It's about 40ft x 30 feet in size. Does that help any?

How is he walking around talking to people while hiding?

Eius
2011-09-26, 10:43 AM
Oh sorry, that's my fault. The section in italics are Sebastian's inner monologue. So he is thinking that Madarius is probably in hiding and thus that the people that he (Sebastian) is talking to will probably not know anything.
As for the building size, yes that tells me what I need to know. Thanks.

Rizban
2011-09-26, 03:14 PM
He uncovers nothing specific about this thief. No one seems to know anything about him.

Eius
2011-09-26, 03:39 PM
Slightly dissapointed that he found nothing by asking around, Sebastian will walk thoughtfully and carefully to what he determined as the approximate centre of old town. Once he is there he will say a prayer to Wer Jas to guide his footsteps and aid his magic. Once that is done he will call the image of the item he us searching for into his mind, that of a horn "made of narwhal horn, bound with rings of brass and inlaid with precious coral depicting a stormy sea", and cast a spell to track it down.

I think the approximate centre is around the intersection of roads just to the left of the triangular park on the map, that was where I was thinking; but if that I am mistaken please adjust accordingly. Once there Sebastian is casting Locate Object. I hope and assume that the description is clear enough for the spell to work. If it does, the range of the spell is 640ft in radius which I think is approximately the radius of Old Town, but I am
Posting from my phone and so I was only approximating.

Rizban
2011-09-26, 11:17 PM
It is a very unique item, and, unfortunately, you have never seen it. The spell fails, though you get the vague impression that it is not nearby.

Eius
2011-09-27, 12:00 AM
"Alas, I had hoped that the horn was not the only on in the world. I wonder what the little man wants with it?" Sebastian's hard face and icy eyes do not reveal his disappointment. After a moment to ponder his options, Sebastian will turn and walk back to the Temple District. To occupy his thoughts on the walk back, Sebastian will concentrate on discerning the evil in the souls of the gnomes that he passes and see what proportion of them suffer from the taint of this festering city.

Once he arrives in the temple district he will return into the Temple of Wee Jas and take a repast. After his evening meal he will join the evening meditations and contemplate what means he should use in order to track down the thief. Assuming nothing of note transpires during this time, Sebastian will head to his quarters and go to sleep for the night.

In the morning, again assuming nothing of note transpires, Sebastian will say his morning prayers to Wee Jas and prepare his spells for the day. After his preparations are complete he will begin to formulate his plan for the day by consulting with Wee Jas by casting an augury spell. His question is whether looking for Mabarius in Midtown will aid in his recovering Cassatta's horn?

As for spells that means two spells persisted, as noted on my sheet. Another thing to note, Sebastian sleeps in his armour with the virtue of his restful crystal, which allows him to get the full benefit of rest even while he is in his armour.

Rizban
2011-09-27, 12:31 AM
Unfortunately, he passes no gnomes on the street. To his knowledge, the only gnomes in the city are the loudly proclaimed ambassador and his staff. Few gnomes venture outside of their kingdom. The city is predominantly human.

He sleeps soundly through the night.

I'm not just stonewalling you, I swear... there really are several possible avenues... you just haven't taken any of them that will work...

Eius
2011-09-27, 01:13 AM
Hehe no worries. It is frustrating, but not your fault. I wish I knew what angle I should take that would lead me somewhere. :P

Sebastian after his morning preparations and having a bite to eat, Sebastian will set out in to the corrupt city and continue his investigations. Since his impression of the city is that there seem to be very few gnomes in the city, he will go to the Plaza and approach the gate guards. Once attracting the attention of one that seems to be quite attentive, he will pose a question to him. "Excuse me sir. I'm looking to track down a rather unique individual, and you seem to pay attention to the goings-on here. He is a gnome with black hair and grey eyes, he looks quite shifty. Have you seen anyone of the like about?"

Rizban
2011-09-27, 04:29 PM
Well, you've learned a few things about the city... Maybe those facts will help.

Also, The Plaza is that central bit with the fountain. It's near the center of the city. So, I'll just assume you go to Eastgate, the gate opening in the general direction of the gnomish kingdom.

"We had a gnome like that enter the city this way a few days ago. Don't know what happened to him since."

Eius
2011-09-27, 04:35 PM
Yeah, sorry. The way we dealt with the entrance to the city had me thinking that they were closer together.

"Oh good, thanks. Was he travelling on his own or with a group? Do you recall what he was wearing? Anything identifiable?"

Rizban
2011-09-27, 04:48 PM
He scratches the scruff on his chin.

"Hmm... nope, don't think he was with anyone. All I really noticed was his dark travel cloak. Heh... had he not been a gnome, I probably wouldn't have noticed him at all. He's was rather plain, but we don't get many gnomes through here."

Eius
2011-09-27, 04:58 PM
"Alright thanks, you've been a help."

Sebastian will leave the Eastgate and head back towards the Plaza. Once there, he will ask about for where he could find the Gnomish Ambassador and his staff. Hopefully they might know who this Mabarius gnome is.

Gather Information: [roll0]
Lol once again let's test my luck. I think this might be a bit of a long shot though. We'll see I suppose.

Edit: Yup that went about as well as I expected it to.

Rizban
2011-09-27, 05:37 PM
"Nobles' Quarter"

Eius
2011-09-27, 05:56 PM
HA! Yeah this is going to go well.

Before he goes and gets himself into some severely hot water, Sebastian will consult his book of Aldhaven Laws and check whether there are any special rules and regulations pertaining to the Noble's District and interacting with Nobles that he should be aware of.

Then, assuming nothing urgent comes from his consulting the book of Laws, Sebastian will walk up to the noble's district and approach one of the guards on duty at the gate (if there is one) and ask him. "Excuse me sir, I'm looking to find a gnome that I think might be a part of the ambassador's staff. He is a gnome with black hair and grey eyes, he looks quite shifty and last I knew he was wearing a dark travelling cloak. Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated."

Rizban
2011-09-27, 06:21 PM
The book lists the methods for entering the Nobles' Quarter.

1. An official Nobles' Quarter permit and valid identification.
2. See entry #1.