PDA

View Full Version : Pimp my Gestalt Character

Hario
2011-08-18, 02:03 PM
So I haven't played 3.5 in like 4 years but my friend wants to make a high powered gestalt lvl 2 game.

I want to make a divine fighter. I skimmed tome of battle and crusader seems cool though I don't know too well how to abuse it yet. On my other side I've been going back and forth for Archivist and cloister cleric but could settle on another class if needed. Max HD.

I'd prefer being human for the extra feat but if there is a race that works better I'd consider it. I'm probably going for a damage/buff/CC build being able to help my allies while slaying the epic beast (hopefully not too epic for lvl 2)

Stats are: 18,18,16,16,14,12
No WBL guidlines, he will provide items (I dunno why he's doing this but okay)
Alignment: LG (I really can't play evil or chaotic well).
HD: Max HD all levels
All source books
I think that's all I need.

Dragonsoul
2011-08-18, 02:12 PM
If your going past level 8 go Factotum, Gestalt characters are mostly constrained by the Action Economy and Factotum + a few Fonts of Inspiration breaks it six ways to sunday,

Kansaschaser
2011-08-18, 02:23 PM
If your going past level 8 go Factotum, Gestalt characters are mostly constrained by the Action Economy and Factotum + a few Fonts of Inspiration breaks it six ways to sunday,

Or...

You can combine a class that relies on actions and one that does not rely on any actions. That way you are not action starved.

EXAMPLE: Incarnate + Cleric. The Incarnate "buffs" themselves at the beginning of the day. The Cleric can also do some buffing, but when it comes to combat, the Cleric will be spending actions casting spells and/or attacking.

Kaje
2011-08-18, 03:14 PM
Crusader // Incarnate is pretty awesome, making pretty much the best tank ever, with every attack you make healing you. Plus you get to go all "I AM THE LAW!"

Andreaz
2011-08-18, 03:21 PM
If you will play casters on both sides, Geomancer is always a fun one, given gestalt removes its only drawback.

I'm a fan of wiz/swiftblade//incarnate.

GoodbyeSoberDay
2011-08-18, 04:21 PM
I'll second Crusader//Incarnate. If you don't want to pick up two new subsystems, Crusader//Cloistered Cleric works well due to the CHA synergy and turning feats. Just note that your spells should focus on out of combat utility, long-term buffs and few lesser vigors since your combat actions will mostly be crusader strikes.

Xtomjames
2011-08-18, 04:53 PM
I'd build a Thaumaturge Sunmaster/Warblade

flabort
2011-08-18, 10:26 PM
Level 2?
Huh.
Binder 2//Crusader 2?

I'm not really familiar with the classes (and they may have opposing alignment restrictions, so it may be illegal), and I may be making a dire mistake and making a MAD character, but it seems flavorful.

Greenish
2011-08-18, 10:37 PM
I'm not really familiar with the classes (and they may have opposing alignment restrictions, so it may be illegal), and I may be making a dire mistake and making a MAD character, but it seems flavorful.Binder has no alignment restrictions, crusader can be anything but true neutral. Binder doesn't really need any stat, but benefits from Cha, as does crusader (to some extent).

The combo works pretty well.

TurtleKing
2011-08-18, 10:40 PM
Plus are missing a stat I only counted five. So which one is missing?

Hario
2011-08-19, 08:32 AM
Plus are missing a stat I only counted five. So which one is missing?

There's another 16 in there, yea super powered heroes.

Fouredged Sword
2011-08-19, 08:53 AM
Crusader // Factotum - Spam stikes - Mad, but great skills and combat ability and you have the stats for it.

Crusader // cloistered Cleric - Good synergy for Cha, cleric casting, travel devotion, auto manuver recovery.

Crusader // Psi-war - Great battlefield control with the proper stances and expansion. Psiwar feats help a crusader and many crusader stances benifit from high reach

Crusader // Knight - Lots of overlap, but you will be hard pressed to be a tougher tank. Get improved trip and a spiked chain and force your foes to face you.

Crusader // wizard - go unarmored and get into abjurent champion ASAP. Your delay damage pool, stone power, and healing strikes will keep you alive until then. cast spell -> hold charge -> use charge to initiate strike.

Crusader // swordsage - Use swordsage for boosts, mobility, and counters. Use Crusader for toughness and healing.

noparlpf
2011-08-19, 12:57 PM
There's a reserve feat called "Holy Warrior" or something like that. It gives a bonus on weapon attack or damage rolls (I forget which) equal to the highest level War domain spell you have prepared. I think the minimum spell level is 4th, though. Just a thought for later levels if you want a melee build with spellcasting abilities.