PDA

View Full Version : Warforged Mounts

Aerlock
2011-08-18, 03:33 PM
Are there any rules/stats for a warforged mount anywhere? I'm looking for a living construct mount purely for fluff reasons. The closest I can find is the Soulfused Construct template from Magic of Incarnum.

- Aerlock

deuxhero
2011-08-18, 03:35 PM
Mounts for or as mounts?

hamishspence
2011-08-18, 03:41 PM
There's some less intelligent, large warforged that might be mountable (the Raptor, the Kraken, the Titan) but I think, despite the names, those are true constructs rather than living constructs.

Aerlock
2011-08-18, 04:16 PM
Mounts for or as mounts?

Mounts that are warforged. Essentially I'm looking for a mostly non-combat mount that I don't have to feed/care for, but will still be able to dodge/defend itself if it does get caught in combat. I decided a living construct is probably the best route for that. I've been looking at the Clockwork Steed from MM IV but don't like the fact that it just stands still if no-one is riding on it.

Another question I've had along those lines is: Does shrink item work on constructs? How about living constructs?

- Aerlock

Inferno
2011-08-18, 04:17 PM
Wasn't there a "clockwork steed" somewhere in the eberron books that the Cyre and Thrane bought from Cannith?
Ahh, found it in the MM4, but no Eberron fluff. i could swear i remember reading that they were used to deadly effect early in the last war...

And I just read the post right above me, oh I'm a genius...

Big Fau
2011-08-18, 07:19 PM
Warforged Charger from MM3 might work.