PDA

View Full Version : MS Paint Adventures 4: 13

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

PhantomFox
2011-10-25, 10:25 AM
Aside from the ears, I'm saying that Jade must have Bec-Tier powers to do everything she just did. If she is simply God Tier, then not all Gods are created equal since nothing John has done is remotely close to moving, shrinking and juggling several planets while also moving about a massive spacecraft.

Not to mention summoning a 4th Wall and smashing into it!

EDIT: Recap courtesy of Icewalker

Thank you, sorta. Lemme watch it again and post questions to things I don't understand.

Questions:
Okay, John's preforming the scratch, I get that.
Jade is dying, okay. So Noir Red Miles Jade's frog, which affects the Exiles? Huh? The exiles are on Earth, and the frog should be a NEW universe, right? Not the old one.
The White King comes out of the time capsule, okay. But how did he get in it to begin with? Didn't Noir kill him on the battlefield?
So Noir puts Jade on her dream bed, and then uses the Temple asteroid to go to the Exile's world aka Earth, and start killing everyone. Got that, that makes sense.
So then he uses the Transportalizer to jump to the Troll's session? How does that work?

Moving on, Dave and Rose get the TUMOR back from Droog (who had it why? I forget.) And they start flying to the Green Sun on their quest beds. The tumor reveals a bomb with two tanks of stuff. One tube is universe goo for Earth, and the other for Alternia circa Midnight Crew era? Is that right? Spades kills Snowman. Got it.
Jade then ascends into God Tier (with extra power from Bec?) and stops a meteor from crashing into the Battlefield to show off her powers.
John finishes the Scratch, which does... nothing?
Jade ports John to her and miniaturizes the 4 or 5 planets to take with them. PM puts on the WQ's ring, to become anti-noir. The bomb starts going off because Snowman's dead and the Frog died. Why? The Scratched Disk penetrates Skia and does what? Jade creates a 4th wall using her powers, and reads the entire archives. Okay.

The bomb goes off and creates the Green Sun. I'm not sure I get why this is. Didn't it already exist, otherwise the guardians wouldn't have their powers, right? Or is this more Weird Time Stuff?
Vriska and Sollux reach the Green Sun (Why? Part of their plan to meet the kids? Don't remember). I'm assuming this is an inter-dimensional meeting point. Then Sollux is back with the others, and half-kills himself to get the Troll Lab to the Green Sun. Anti-Noir PM arrives and faces down with Noir. God Tier Dave and Rose arrive, with Green Sun Powers? What did they Arise from? They had no extra lives! Green Sun shenanigans? Lastly, Jade breaks the 4th wall and takes her, John, and the 4 planets beyond to... where? We have to wait for that one, I guess, right?

Claudius Maximus
2011-10-25, 10:31 AM
Yeah I think we can cool it with the spoilers at this point, considering practically everyone is on a new page by now.

The surprise widescreen was awesome. The result was actually slightly bigger than my browser window though, which was a little disorienting. I wonder what it's like for people with smaller monitors. It would suck if it just couldn't fit.

Did anyone catch all the text during that Doc Scratch part? All I was able to pick up was "suckers." What was before it? (I can't watch it again right now, or I'd just check myself).

TheArsenal
2011-10-25, 10:35 AM
Again: Jade can control SPACE. What did we expect? She can make things bigger and smaller and transport them wherever she wants. Who knows what she can do against Bec- He may simply shrug off the shrinkage and simply attack

memnarch
2011-10-25, 10:46 AM
Thank you, sorta. Lemme watch it again and post questions to things I don't understand.

Questions:
Jade is dying, okay. So Noir Red Miles Jade's frog, which affects the Exiles? Huh? The exiles are on Earth, and the frog should be a NEW universe, right? Not the old one.
The White King comes out of the time capsule, okay. But how did he get in it to begin with? Didn't Noir kill him on the battlefield?
So Noir puts Jade on her dream bed, and then uses the Temple asteroid to go to the Exile's world aka Earth, and start killing everyone. Got that, that makes sense.
So then he uses the Transportalizer to jump to the Troll's session? How does that work?

Moving on, Dave and Rose get the TUMOR back from Droog (who had it why? I forget.) And they start flying to the Green Sun on their quest beds. The tumor reveals a bomb with two tanks of stuff. One tube is universe goo for Earth, and the other for Alternia circa Midnight Crew era? Is that right? Spades kills Snowman. Got it.
Jade then ascends into God Tier (with extra power from Bec?) and stops a meteor from crashing into the Battlefield to show off her powers.
Jade ports John to her and miniaturizes the 4 or 5 planets to take with them. PM puts on the WQ's ring, to become anti-noir. The bomb starts going off because Snowman's dead and the Frog died. Why? The Scratched Disk penetrates Skia and does what? Jade creates a 4th wall using her powers, and reads the entire archives. Okay.

The bomb goes off and creates the Green Sun. I'm not sure I get why this is. Didn't it already exist, otherwise the guardians wouldn't have their powers, right? Or is this more Weird Time Stuff?
Vriska and Sollux reach the Green Sun (Why? Part of their plan to meet the kids? Don't remember). I'm assuming this is an inter-dimensional meeting point. Then Sollux is back with the others, and half-kills himself to get the Troll Lab to the Green Sun. Anti-Noir PM arrives and faces down with Noir. God Tier Dave and Rose arrive, with Green Sun Powers? What did they Arise from? They had no extra lives! Green Sun shenanigans? Lastly, Jade breaks the 4th wall and takes her, John, and the 4 planets beyond to... where? We have to wait for that one, I guess, right?

Jade's frog got blown up and fell into the volcano. Check the new updates (not just the flash). Noir kills the frog that was the kids universe, which includes earth and the exiles.
I'm guessing that the function of that transportalizer (which likely isn't one at all) is to facilitate transfers of winners into and out of their new universe. The large door lets them in, and they get transported out.

Diamonds Droog was on the moon with Rose (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/scratch.php?s=6&p=005839), probably to kill her. Dave flew out there and killed him instead.
Red tube is kid's universe, blue tube is troll's universe.
Finished scratch sends Beat Mesa towards Skaia, probably as part of resetting the game.
Bomb goes off because its timer hits zero.
Beat Mesa hits Skaia and that's all we know there.

Bomb goes off and does something with the green sun. Might be creating it (most probable at the moment), might be weakening it, hard to tell really.
Weird time stuff is involved because of the nature of the game.
That's Aradia and Sollux. We've seen them there before in Scratch's photo clippings.
Don't know why Dave and Rose hit god tier, but it's likely the same reason as Aradia. If you recall, she started the game dead and apparently had a dreamself of some kind at the core of the troll's derse moon.
Yup, gotta wait for that one.

Oracle_Hunter
2011-10-25, 10:50 AM

Questions:

Selected answers -- in spoilers for at least a day, 'cause I'm sure it'll take awhile for everyone to see it.

(1) Bec Noir with the Bloody Hand ("Bloody Bec Noir") is in the Trollverse and is using Red Miles to infect/destroy Kidverse, not Jade's Tadpole Universe (what happened to that?). This, therefore, happens in the Wanderers Era.

(2) The Wanderer's Transportalizer always sent things from Kidverse to Trollverse. I think...

(3) The Tumor is, in fact, a bomb powered by two universes -- and each universe is at the latest point we have perceived it. Note that Kidverse is infected by the Red Miles from Bec Noir. When both universes are destroyed, the bomb goes off and creates the Green Sun.

(4) The Green Sun is -- probably -- the source of all Bec Tier entities. Note that it is created in the Furthest Ring, an area which apparently is constant across all times. This is how the trolls were able to read Rose's strategy guide that was being broadcast from there before her universe was even created. As a result, the Green Sun has always existed, even if it was just created. Amusingly, this is why the Green Sun is only now visible as a green light for Sollux to guide in on -- and why it wasn't visible to everyone beforehand.
Of course, we'll have to wait for The Recap in order to know many of these things for sure.

Dragonus45
2011-10-25, 11:01 AM
Yeah I think we can cool it with the spoilers at this point, considering practically everyone is on a new page by now.

The surprise widescreen was awesome. The result was actually slightly bigger than my browser window though, which was a little disorienting. I wonder what it's like for people with smaller monitors. It would suck if it just couldn't fit.

Did anyone catch all the text during that Doc Scratch part? All I was able to pick up was "suckers." What was before it? (I can't watch it again right now, or I'd just check myself).

Is was Gamzee asking what to do next, then some white text happens. The troll asks what they are and thats when Doc cue ball calls them suckers.

Just had a thought, is this the end of cyber bunny?

Gorgondantess
2011-10-25, 12:32 PM
Personally, I'm not pleased by the proliferation of Bec-Tiers and I'm not quite sure I can reconcile Rose & Dave's ascension. Why did they think to look for Quest Beds within Derse? Aradia certainly never told them, and Rose was all but certain she'd never make God Tier (IIRC due to a conversation with Aradia!). Since there has been little Destiny so far (i.e. an abstract force guiding events, rather than manipulations from time-travelers and Doc Scratch) I'd be annoyed to find out Destiny is suddenly important in the Homestuckverse :smallannoyed:

Not so! Scratch explicitly told Rose she could still go god tier, and that the opportunity would be presented to her, and that she had a 50/50 chance of doing so. In other words: either Rose would go to "blow up" the green sun, or Dave would. They both ended up going, so they both ended up going god tier, killed in the explosion of the tumor.

BRC
2011-10-25, 12:54 PM
Remember

That the information we've learned about Ascending to God Tier has come exclusively from Players. The Sprites probably know everything about God Tier, but they're forced to be enigmatic, and Doc Scratch certainly knows, but he's highly enigmatic.
We KNOW you can ascend to God Tier by reaching the top of your Echeladder, dying on your quest bed with a living Dreamself. This is how John and Vriska ascended, and how Dave almost ascended (with the Break/Heads thing)

Jade did something similar, her Dreamself was dead, but it came back to life when she prototyped it, so she had a living (albiet, prototyped) dreamself.

Aradia ascended, but she was dead before the game began, and the game must give every player the possibility to reach God Tier.
So, that's method one.

Now, Dave and Rose ascended even though their living selves were alive.
Perhaps, whats important about God Tier is that your Living Self Dies, and your Dream Self gets linked with your power. The easiest way to do this is to have your living self die while on your quest bed. Maybe if your normal self dies, all you need to do is find your Slab, and use that to Ascend.

OR, wait, something I've noticed.

All the players who have ascended through dying on a quest bed were Prospit dreamers, all those who ascended through a slab were Derse dreamers. Maybe Derse dreamers need to die, and then unite with their quest slab, while Prospit dreamers need to die on their quest bed.

Except that Dave had a quest bed, which kind of messes up that theory.

N. Jolly
2011-10-25, 12:55 PM
Wow, didn't know GITP had a fanbase for this. That's really cool to know.

The flash was an amazing even, especially for those of us who facebook roleplay Homestuck. It really brought the fandom together in an incredible way, and made me glad to be apart of it.

Bravo to Hussie and crew, they did it. They made it happen.

AgentPaper
2011-10-25, 12:55 PM
Ok, watched it a second time, this time I took notes. Let's try and get a full summary of the events going on here for those confused. Here's my notes, feel free to correct anything I got wrong or missed or worded poorly:

John is scratching Beat Mesa
Mobs are pissed. John wrecks them.
Jade is blown up, Jack kills guy.
Jack is sad, teleports out.
Jack uses Red Miles on the universefrog.
Outcasts getting ready to blow stuff up.
Queen reunites with King via time capsule.
Sad jack brings jade to quest bed.
Jack goes into frog temple.
Frog temple crashes, becomes jade temple then future frog temple.
Corrupted time capsule releases jack.
Jack kills king, queen.
Jack confronts outcasts.
Outcasts blow up 3 dealies, not the last.
Jack goes into last dealy.
Dealy has no power.
Jack takes power out from WV's stomach.
Jack teleports to Trollverse, does all that junk.
Dave and Rose find quest beds in far reaches.
Tumor breaks, revealing two capsules.
Red capsule contains kidverse, corrupted by red miles.
Blue capsule contains trollverse, just as jack shoots snowman.
Blueverse explodes.
Back to dead jade on questbed.
Jade starts ascending to god tier.
Now to jadebecsprite and davesprite.
Meteor is coming.
Jade ascends into Jadebecgodtier.
Jadebecgodtier stops meteor easily.
Jadebecgodtier appropriates a battleship.
Jadebecgodtier miniturizes the battlefield, with Johnsprite on it.
WV gets ring.
Jadebecgodtier brings John to her.
Jadebecgodtier also mini-izes the other 4 planets and juggles them.
Jadebecgodtier makes a fourth wall, watches series.
Doctor says everyone is suckers.
Tumor explodes, making the green sun.
Aradia and Vriska watching the green sun.
Rest of trolls on meteor.
Sollux mind controls meteor to somewhere.
Godrose and Godjohn come out of the green sun, meet with Aradia+Vriska.
Becwanderer confronts Jack.
Jadebecgodtier breaks through fourth wall, escapes with john, planets.
END OF ACT 5

Claudius Maximus
2011-10-25, 01:09 PM
I guess we now know exactly why the Green Sun has twice the mass of the universe. Also, green is just about midway between red and blue.

Damn it Hussie

Trobby
2011-10-25, 01:17 PM
Okay, here's a few things I picked up that haven't been addressed yet.

1: Doc Scratch was lying the whole time. The last thing he says is "Suckers". Which means everything before that was a huge joke to him.
2: The bomb appears to actually CREATE the Green Sun. Which makes sense, when you consider the fact that it is supposed to be about the mass of 2 universes. AND that suns are, generally, a massive ball of explosions.
3: Jade literally broke the fourth wall.
4: At the exact point when the comic began.

AgentPaper
2011-10-25, 02:19 PM
Jade is betty crocker!!!

Barefoot Monkey
2011-10-25, 02:29 PM
Okay, here's a few things I picked up that haven't been addressed yet.

1: Doc Scratch was lying the whole time. The last thing he says is "Suckers". Which means everything before that was a huge joke to him.
2: The bomb appears to actually CREATE the Green Sun. Which makes sense, when you consider the fact that it is supposed to be about the mass of 2 universes. AND that suns are, generally, a massive ball of explosions.
3: Jade literally broke the fourth wall.
4: At the exact point when the comic began.

1: It wasn't a lie. It was a prank. Doc Scratch chooses to play pranks quite sparingly.
2: Yup, looks like it. I honestly did not see that coming, although it's almost obvious in hindsight. Almost.
3: Yes. She summoned the fourth wall which she knew was in her lab the whole time, otherwise it would have been an ass-pull.
4: Sweet catch. This would correlates nicely to the nature of the scratch. Also remember that on the other side of the 4th wall is another 4th wall (thanks to AH) so they'll actually break 2 4th walls and end up on the same metalayer of another universe rather than interact with the author or readers.

I love this comic!

Arbane
2011-10-25, 02:42 PM
I felt the red slippers and striped stockings

Ruby slippers. :smallbiggrin:

Gez
2011-10-25, 02:53 PM
4: Sweet catch. This would correlates nicely to the nature of the scratch.

Also somewhat explains in a way the whole "today is the day you get a name" thing.

Draconi Redfir
2011-10-25, 03:02 PM
in the (somewhat exaggerated) words of hussie himself; "the game always provides a way for the players to reach god-teir. ALWAYS!"

just watched it, epic. REALLY glad English didn’t show up at all. all is well in the world!

now BBS watching it again.

TheArsenal
2011-10-25, 03:26 PM
LOL on the ending.

Weimann
2011-10-25, 03:45 PM
So, I just realised I've not read Homestuck for like ages. Has the comic ended? It seems to me that for a comic known to post several pages a day, it's strange to see just a couple per month now. Was it wrapping up to the ending animation?

AgentPaper
2011-10-25, 03:48 PM
Lord English is sure to show up as a major villain at some point. Sure, according to what Doc has told us, he's relatively benign and just eats universes that are already dead, but...well, he also told us that the tumor would blow up the Green Sun. (Or maybe he just said it was the only thing that could? Which could technically be true?)

Claudius Maximus
2011-10-25, 03:52 PM
So, I just realised I've not read Homestuck for like ages. Has the comic ended? It seems to me that for a comic known to post several pages a day, it's strange to see just a couple per month now. Was it wrapping up to the ending animation?

Hussie spent a long time on the current flash (which is a huge deal, but not the ending), but will probably go back to his breakneck rate again soon.

I think it's only ever gotten better, so if you liked it before, you might want to check it out again.

CrimsonAngel
2011-10-25, 04:01 PM
Oh my gosh the new flash so many things left to figure out. New outfits to draw! And the Hero of Heart symbol was announced!

Draconi Redfir
2011-10-25, 04:13 PM
a common theory seems to be that the explosion created the green sun rather then blew it up.

Edit; Just watched it a third time, always choke up when Sollux mind-powers the metior to the green sun.

Daddy would be proud!

Friv
2011-10-25, 05:03 PM
just watched it, epic. REALLY glad English didn’t show up at all. all is well in the world!

I'm... I'm not so sure.

I think Lord English IS the Green Sun, guys.

Bad Situation
2011-10-25, 05:48 PM
Note that, unless Hussie said something via twitter or formspring, that we don't know if Jade has her Bec powers still. Aradia no longer has her frog-ribbits, right? For all we know, the ascension to God Tier wiped it out of her.

The dog ears make that a bit difficult to substantiate, but I'd wait until more follow up stuff before we judge stuff based on the flash alone...Hussie's flashes, while awesome, tend to be a bit confusing, too.

I'd also like to say that, artwise, this is the best flash Hussie's ever made. The art is amazing.
Aradia wasn't 'wiped' or the ribbits. Her dreamself was in no way connected to the frog prototyping. Jade became dogtier because her dreamself itself was prototyped with Bec.

Midnight Lurker
2011-10-25, 06:23 PM
...did Liv Tyler just get vaporized? :smalleek:

Gorgondantess
2011-10-25, 06:30 PM
Check out the new finery in the WP store...
I think we can look forward to both a Terezi and a Nepeta god tier.
Can I get a HELL FREAKING YES!!!!?

...Then again, with the 6 empty slots, it's pretty much either going to be all the trolls go god tier, or my above assertions prove inaccurate.:smallsigh:

AgentPaper
2011-10-25, 06:48 PM

...Then again, with the 6 empty slots, it's pretty much either going to be all the trolls go god tier, or my above assertions prove inaccurate.:smallsigh:

It could be that they'll have their god tier shown in some form, or they're just making hoodies out of all of them even though they don't actually go god-tier in the comic ever. It could also be that the game actually does make sure you can go god-tier, and all of the supposedly dead trolls have actually gone god-tier and are just hiding out somewhere for some reason.

Derjuin
2011-10-25, 07:23 PM
It could be that they'll have their god tier shown in some form, or they're just making hoodies out of all of them even though they don't actually go god-tier in the comic ever. It could also be that the game actually does make sure you can go god-tier, and all of the supposedly dead trolls have actually gone god-tier and are just hiding out somewhere for some reason.

They're all hanging out at the afterlife god tier party; all the living gods/nongods are way too mainstream to have been invited.

Though if Lord English actually shows up in the story as an opponent to the kids+trolls (which might happen soon, considering Scratch's ominous "suckers" line), all of them being god tier might help their chances of finding whatever glitch is necessary to kill him, if killing him becomes an objective.

Draconi Redfir
2011-10-25, 07:27 PM
it's possible Liv is inside the wallet card that once held the tumor. assumeing Dave doesnt still have his own sillydex on him.

Bad Situation
2011-10-25, 08:30 PM
Rise with the moon, go to bed with the sun
Eddie Morton predicted the Ascension almost a century before Homestuck even began.

Smeggedoff
2011-10-25, 08:39 PM

I'm thinking innaccurate (no offense)
Remeber, thanks to the scratch we now have 4 incoming players with 4 new potential combinations (though Space and Time likely take up two slots there)

Granted that still leaves some player-less god tiers lying around, it's very likely that hussie's just being a tease.

Mind you, SOME of the squiddles have gotta ascend right? ;)

Midnight Lurker
2011-10-25, 08:44 PM
So PM is now... Pooch Murderer? :smallamused:

rocketpony
2011-10-25, 08:51 PM
[spoiler]
(1) Bec Noir with the Bloody Hand ("Bloody Bec Noir") is in the Trollverse and is using Red Miles to infect/destroy Kidverse, not Jade's Tadpole Universe (what happened to that?).

Sad trombone (3rd panel) (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=006006)

mp122984
2011-10-25, 09:25 PM
So PM is now... Pooch Murderer? :smallamused:

I'm thinking Prototyped M_______, but I'm still stuck on the M.

Also, maybe I'm reading this wrong, so I'd appreciate some help. I'm rereading the tumor conversation. (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004943) Here's what I get from it. Doc Scratch said the following to Rose:

1. The Tumor is a bomb that detonates at the end of the Reckoning.
2. My powers come from the Green Sun.
3. I want to die.

And it starting to sound like it was Rose who arrived at 4. The Tumor will blow up the Green Sun. So wow, maybe Doc Scratch didn't even have to lie for that one. Of course we don't have the whole conversation, but I admit to being impressed.

BRC
2011-10-25, 09:36 PM
I've been thinking PM as the Pale Maiden.

Smeggedoff
2011-10-25, 09:56 PM
I've been thinking PM as the Pale Maiden.

I somewhat fancy Prototyped Monarch myself
She did get crowned after all.

Shadow of the Sun
2011-10-25, 10:03 PM
I'm going to assume that anyone who's posting or reading in this thread will have seen the current flash, so, unmarked spoilers.

I really don't think Jade has First Guardian powers. As others have said, everything she's done easily fits under the purview of space and space manipulation. Once she's done something that doesn't fit into that, then I'll believe it.

I really don't think Hussie would give one of the kids the WTFhax powers. God tier, yes. Omnipotence? No.

And even if she is, I really don't think it'll be a big thing, it'll be "Yup, you got your guardian powers, sorry, no more now!" because of plot-shenanigans. We've already seen that entities exist that can nullify guardian powers; what's to say that English or whoever we're introduced too next can't do the same?

mp122984
2011-10-25, 10:05 PM
I somewhat fancy Prototyped Monarch myself
She did get crowned after all.

I like that one too.

Friv
2011-10-25, 10:08 PM
it's possible Liv is inside the wallet card that once held the tumor. assumeing Dave doesnt still have his own sillydex on him.

Liv can't be in the wallet, because Clubs stole the wallet and left the ship she was on. If Liv can be sylladexed, she could be inside one of the kids' sylladexes, but... have we seen whether that stuff can be carried when you godtier? When John godtiered, his human body was left behind, and he hasn't used any of his old stuff since then, has he?

As for naming, I also vote for Prototyped Monarch for PM.

BRC
2011-10-25, 10:16 PM
I'm going to assume that anyone who's posting or reading in this thread will have seen the current flash, so, unmarked spoilers.

I really don't think Jade has First Guardian powers. As others have said, everything she's done easily fits under the purview of space and space manipulation. Once she's done something that doesn't fit into that, then I'll believe it.

I really don't think Hussie would give one of the kids the WTFhax powers, especially when it was such a big deal that WV was destined to gain them and nothing was said of Jade.

And even if she is, I really don't think it'll be a big thing, it'll be "Yup, you got your guardian powers, sorry, no more now!" because of plot-shenanigans. We've already seen that entities exist that can nullify guardian powers; what's to say that English or whoever we're introduced too next can't do the same?
What have we run into that was capable of nullifying First Guardian powers?

And I think it's possible she has them. Her Hero of Space costume is tinted with First Guardian Green, and the ears indicate that the Bec prototyping is still relevant in her current form.

That said we don't really know much in the way of what "First Guardian Powers" consist of. Doc Scratch had his Near-Omniscience, but since Bec wasn't intelligent, that probably didn't get passed on (it's stated that only intelligent first guardians get the Omniscience).
Otherwise, the only abilities First Guardians have regularly been shown to have are Teleportation and nigh-indestructibility (In the absence of Author self-inserts, that it).

Its implied that Doc Scratch gave the Felt their crazy time powers, but that's never really stated. All we see is Doc Scratch showing up and making BQ (Later Snowman) an Offer.

Midnight Lurker
2011-10-25, 10:33 PM
As for naming, I also vote for Prototyped Monarch for PM.
She's already Prospitian Monarch.

Midnight Lurker
2011-10-25, 10:41 PM
...If the Bec prototyping has been overwritten, then there is no First Guardian for Bec Noir to be prototyping and he'd have lost his powers, right? Or was it permanently imprinted onto the ring?

BRC
2011-10-25, 10:48 PM
...If the Bec prototyping has been overwritten, then there is no First Guardian for Bec Noir to be prototyping and he'd have lost his powers, right? Or was it permanently imprinted onto the ring?

It gets permanently imprinted when the player enters the medium, that's why additional prototypings post-entry don't affect anything but the sprite, which is why we don't have Nannaimps, Daveimps, or Jadeimps running around.

Shadow of the Sun
2011-10-26, 07:07 AM
Hussie, the character, stops Scratch's first guardian powers from functioning. Turns him into...well, a doll.

And, knowing Hussie, he's not the only one.

Draconi Redfir
2011-10-26, 07:33 AM
Liv can't be in the wallet, because Clubs stole the wallet and left the ship she was on. If Liv can be sylladexed, she could be inside one of the kids' sylladexes, but... have we seen whether that stuff can be carried when you godtier? When John godtiered, his human body was left behind, and he hasn't used any of his old stuff since then, has he?.

Wallet Card I.E. the one that was holding The Tumor?

Oracle_Hunter
2011-10-26, 08:02 AM
Sad trombone (3rd panel) (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=006006)
No, no, I saw that but what is it falling into?

...I guess it was the volcano?

Trobby
2011-10-26, 09:09 AM
Yes, that is the volcano.

irenicObserver
2011-10-26, 09:12 AM
As a current binger on the Homestuck archives I gotta say it's going to feel weird reading it and not knowing what happens next :smalltongue:

Bad Situation
2011-10-26, 09:28 AM
EoA Flash Part 2 - By Hussie (http://mspandrew.tumblr.com/post/11941710181/about-eoa5-part-2)

Lix Lorn
2011-10-26, 09:43 AM
So... I'm not sure if I want to kiss Hussie or kill him.
Is black romance for Hussie common? is there a support group?

Trobby
2011-10-26, 09:44 AM
Note: Don't be fooled. It's ABOUT EoA5 Flash, not a second part to the flash.

Edit: Yes Lixie. Blackromming Hussie is pretty common.

The support group is the entire MSPA fanbase.

Lix Lorn
2011-10-26, 09:49 AM
Clearly, Hussie created Homestuck as a way to create and explain the Black Romance he causes in everyone who reads his work.
Of course, this is self fulfilling, as without Homestuck, he wouldn't cause it.

Trobby
2011-10-26, 10:26 AM
Of course! Hussie is Doc Scratch is Lord English!

Lix Lorn
2011-10-26, 10:29 AM
By causing Homestuck, he needs to cause Homestuck, which is fortunate, as if he hadn't created Homestuck, he wouldn't be able to create Homestuck.

Draconi Redfir
2011-10-26, 10:31 AM
grandfather paradoxes. gotta love em.

Lix Lorn
2011-10-26, 10:36 AM
Gotta like em if you're gonna read Homestuck. xD

Khosan
2011-10-26, 01:58 PM
Weird thing I saw. MSPA was one of the ads on the sidebar of MSPA.

It was weird.

TheArsenal
2011-10-26, 01:59 PM
Weird thing I saw. MSPA was one of the ads on the sidebar of MSPA.

It was weird.

ADCEPTION! Or MSPEPTION

Qaera
2011-10-26, 03:31 PM
I'm pretty sure that was an ad telling Hussie to hurry up with the Flash... not actually Hussie.

~ ♅

Tectonic Robot
2011-10-26, 04:08 PM
>Tectonic Robot: Ollie into thread.

Hey guys! Look what Hussie posted! (http://mspandrew.tumblr.com/post/11938555890/about-eoa5-part-1) And this other thing he posted! (http://mspandrew.tumblr.com/post/11941710181/about-eoa5-part-2) And this third thing! (http://mspandrew.tumblr.com/post/11960418585/about-eoa5-part-3) Huge spoilers, though.

You know what shocked me most about these revelations?

The fact that Lord English is basically a god-pimp. I wasn't expecting that.

And have some spoiler-ish fanart, which isn't canon in the slightest!
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltnd0wJDNp1qkedceo1_500.png

Smeggedoff
2011-10-26, 05:06 PM

Those are pretty boss.

Fawkes
2011-10-26, 05:52 PM

It would explain the bitchin' pimpcoat.

Midnight Lurker
2011-10-26, 09:19 PM
Explanation part 4 (http://mspandrew.tumblr.com/post/11975241895/about-eoa5-part-4), including exactly what the deal is with ways to go god tier.

EDIT: ...And as per Word of Hussie, Jade DOES have First Guardian powers now. :smalleek: And sprite powers, which I assume are mostly irrelevant except for maybe game knowledge?

Moofin Bard
2011-10-26, 09:26 PM
This is the first time I'm posting here but in other news, me and my friend shall be Team Scourge for our next con. She as Seer of Mind, me as Thief of Light. No god tier though. That's too much for me to get done. So regular Vriska it is for me.

Shadow of the Sun
2011-10-26, 10:46 PM
Alrighty, I'll fully admit that I was as far from right as I could be.

That said, I still don't know if Jade's powers will be quite so influential as folk are making it out to be. Sure, she's got extra knowledge, but I'm not sure if her powers will matter quite as much.

tyckspoon
2011-10-26, 11:31 PM
Alrighty, I'll fully admit that I was as far from right as I could be.

That said, I still don't know if Jade's powers will be quite so influential as folk are making it out to be. Sure, she's got extra knowledge, but I'm not sure if her powers will matter quite as much.

You're talking about the powers Bec Noir is currently using/used to destroy an entire universe from the outside. I'm pretty sure there's something relevant to be done with that much power, although I will admit Hussie could (and probably will in some fashion) script events such that it never gets directly applied to the problems that need it, such as destroying or removing the ring from Jack (actually, the 3 god tiers plus the remaining trolls at the Green Sun might be able to pull it off, especially with 2 - of Times there.)

Fawkes
2011-10-26, 11:42 PM
Hussie announced (http://mspandrew.tumblr.com/post/11976975824/act-6-the-plan) that Act 6 won't start until 11/11.

Meanwhile, I announced are you ****ing kidding me

tyckspoon
2011-10-26, 11:49 PM
I WILL however plan to post a short intermission between now and then. I will let you know when this date approaches.

Year-long Squiddle story incoming, everybody get ready.

AgentPaper
2011-10-26, 11:50 PM
Hussie announced (http://mspandrew.tumblr.com/post/11976975824/act-6-the-plan) that Act 6 won't start until 11/11.

Meanwhile, I announced are you ****ing kidding me

Cmon now. I think huss has earned a few weeks off after all this time. Though apparently that's not even what he's doing here, he's just taking time to plan ahead for his crazy update schedule to come.

Shadow of the Sun
2011-10-26, 11:57 PM
You're talking about the powers Bec Noir is currently using/used to destroy an entire universe from the outside. I'm pretty sure there's something relevant to be done with that much power, although I will admit Hussie could (and probably will in some fashion) script events such that it never gets directly applied to the problems that need it, such as destroying or removing the ring from Jack (actually, the 3 god tiers plus the remaining trolls at the Green Sun might be able to pull it off, especially with 2 - of Times there.)

Thing is, we ain't learned the intricacies of the Green Sun powers yet. If one person is omnipotent, does that mean that someone who is omnipotent can fight them? Can two people? Omnipotence is sketchy in theology because it just doesn't make bloody sense.

We have NO IDEA how this works. It probably won't be as simple as 1 vs 2 = 1 loses.

Oracle_Hunter
2011-10-27, 12:16 AM
We have NO IDEA how this works. It probably won't be as simple as 1 vs 2 = 1 loses.
Why not? :smallconfused:

I'm all fine with Hussie using complicated time/space distortions to resolve his plot but if it turns out that 2 omnipotent beings are unable to cope with 1 similar being, I'm calling shenanigans. Heck, it's worse because Bec Harley is even stronger than Bec Noir since she also has God Tier powers available -- which apparently can trump Dog Tier powers in limited circumstances (e.g. Aradia time-locking Bec Noir).

tyckspoon
2011-10-27, 12:20 AM
Thing is, we ain't learned the intricacies of the Green Sun powers yet. If one person is omnipotent, does that mean that someone who is omnipotent can fight them? Can two people? Omnipotence is sketchy in theology because it just doesn't make bloody sense.

's a good thing we already know Jack/the First Guardians aren't actually omnipotent, then, huh. Aradia was able to check him with her time powers (briefly, admittedly, but she did.) Vriska's hypothetical ancestor-apotheosis thing hypothetically gave her enough power to have a decent chance of bringing him down. Dark-Rose was overpowered, but didn't get completely insta-gibbed. Jack can't be in more than one place at a time. The Red Miles give him functionally unlimited reach, but they're not instantaneous. The First Guardian powers are great, obviously, they're almost certainly greater than anything that exists when Sburb first launches and probably greater than what usually shows up in the normal course of a game (assuming things like the trolls' Great Old One lusus prototypings are abnormal.)

But they're not unlimited. And we've already seen that things that can defy and possibly overcome a First Guardian can be created by the game; God tier + First Guardian almost certainly can do it, and multiple end-game/God Tier players working together probably could too.

Gez
2011-10-27, 04:54 AM
Heck, it's worse because Bec Harley is even stronger than Bec Noir since she also has God Tier powers available -- which apparently can trump Dog Tier powers in limited circumstances (e.g. Aradia time-locking Bec Noir).

And she also has Sprite powers, for what it's worth. So she knows the mechanisms of the game as well as/better than a native like Jack Noir.

Trobby
2011-10-27, 08:23 AM
For those of you discounting the importance of Sprite Powers?

Nana had sprite powers. She could shoot friggin' lasers from her eyes and summon health-restoring cookies.

And she was just prototyped with herself and a jester doll.

Jade was prototyped with herself and a FIRST GUARDIAN DOG.

Which, if I'm reading this correctly, means her Sprite powers are her own powers magnified twofold.

Remember that Bec himself could not fly before becoming a sprite. And that his ability to destroy the biggest meteor that ever hit Earth came from his prototyping.

Sprite powers should NOT be underestimated. It is entirely likely that Jade is the most powerful character in Homestuck right now.

Gez
2011-10-27, 08:33 AM
One thing I still wonder about is Gamzee's & Eridan's rampages. Other than punctual cheap drama and trimming off the character roster, I don't see what it brought to the actual overarching plot. Especially if, as I've seen speculated on the SA forum thread about Homestuck (I'm not even trying to read the MSPA forums/formsprings/tumblrs/facebooks/twitters/imageboards/etc. because I'm not made of time), a bubble burst event happens later and results in the resurrection of the dead trolls; where it'll seem then that their death were only there to justify a superfluous plot point.

TheArsenal
2011-10-27, 08:42 AM
Again: I doubt that whatever is going to happen is going to be as simple as "Jade is most powerfull". If it does, I will bitch freely. But for now, lets hold our power horses.

Edit:

But yes, jade IS the least interesting character.

Oracle_Hunter
2011-10-27, 08:47 AM
One thing I still wonder about is Gamzee's & Eridan's rampages. Other than punctual cheap drama and trimming off the character roster, I don't see what it brought to the actual overarching plot. Especially if, as I've seen speculated on the SA forum thread about Homestuck (I'm not even trying to read the MSPA forums/formsprings/tumblrs/facebooks/twitters/imageboards/etc. because I'm not made of time), a bubble burst event happens later and results in the resurrection of the dead trolls; where it'll seem then that their death were only there to justify a superfluous plot point.
Well... it did keep them out of the action for relevant times. Homestuck is too broad a plot for me to keep all in my head, but I'm sure if we analyzed the sections between where they died and when (if?) they resurrect we'll see areas where their living existence would have either opened plot holes or altered the story in some way.

Of course, as we learned from seeing the Failed Timeline of Vriska v. Bec Noir, sometimes things that didn't happen can add dramatic weight to the things that did.

Draconi Redfir
2011-10-27, 08:51 AM
You're talking about the powers Bec Noir is currently using/used to destroy an entire universe from the outside.

Actually Jack used the red miles to kill the pawn army on the battlefeild long before he got Becpowers. so i'm pretty sure the power you are referring to is because of the ring, not because of bec.

red miles may have been boosted by becpowers, but no one can know for sure.

also... he used green miles on the Trollderse... and the red miles used on the frog seemed to come from WV's blood. you think the colour of the miles depends on the colour of the blood of the last person he killed? as he killed Nepeta just shortly before using the green miles on Derse, and the black king shortly before using the red miles on the battlefield.

Maybe the miles need fresh blood in order to work?

... why does any of this matter?

Gorgondantess
2011-10-27, 09:50 AM
... why does any of this matter?

It's really not like blood is in short supply, when you're Jack.:smallwink:

uncool
2011-10-27, 10:00 AM

Well, Eridan's rampage did cause the destruction of the Matriorb. We don't know yet how that will affect anything, but given its buildup it should come back to haunt us sometime. It also fulfilled Sollux's blindness prediction finally, brought some resolution to the Sollux vs Eridan re Feferi and to the Eridan's a wwizard storylines. Kanaya being a rainbow drinker will also probably have some effect in the future, and that, too, was caused (or at least brought to the surface) by Eridan's rampage.

Gamzee's rampage brought the trolls away from their computers at key times iirc, although I couldn't actually say link to when that was off the top of my head.
=Uncool-

memnarch
2011-10-27, 11:01 AM
Again: I doubt that whatever is going to happen is going to be as simple as "Jade is most powerfull". If it does, I will bitch freely. But for now, lets hold our power horses.

Edit:

But yes, jade IS the least interesting character.

I disagree. Equius is the least interesting character; he hardly did anything, got next to no face-time, and died in a stupid manor.

Draconi Redfir
2011-10-27, 11:23 AM
are we just saying who our persional least-favorite charicter's are now? you can probably guess what mine is.

Trobby
I disagree. Equius is the least interesting character; he hardly did anything, got next to no face-time, and died in a stupid manor.

No, the least interesting character is Colonel Sassacre! All he ever did was get shot! (/Irony)

Gez

Dying in a manor would have fit his aristocratic status, but the manner in which he died took place in a deserted asteroid chess monster breeding station.

Fawkes
2011-10-27, 11:24 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/netgirl16/Celeberties/Charmed/manor_outside.jpg

What a stupid manor.

memnarch
2011-10-27, 11:26 AM
XD

Spell-check has failed me once again.

Derjuin
2011-10-27, 11:54 AM

In addition to the other points, if they *are* all resurrected at some point in the future, it kept two of the trolls (Vriska/Eridan) on the asteroid when they intended to leave it before the green sun appeared, which kept BecNoir from finding them, which let PM appear and distract him during the asteroid's launch toward the sun, an event he probably would have noticed if it weren't for a sudden equal appearing right next to him. So, they're being transported to the green sun too.

Equius/Nepeta/Feferi, I'm not sure about. Maybe Fef died to provide Sollux with an even more appropriate analogue to his ancestor (the goggles)? Maybe Equius and Nepeta died to ...uh, show how ax-crazy Gamzee was? :smallconfused:

Another thing I am wondering: Does the green sun actually exist outside of time/space, or does it still only show up in the alpha timeline? Can alternate timelines that were only recently created that still contain non-dead entities and exist at the point in time/space where the sun would appear to be created see its light too, or would it never appear for them? I guess this is something only Hussie can answer, unless it's been said earlier in the comic and I'm forgetting...

BRC
2011-10-27, 11:55 AM
As much as it pains me to disparage my Patron Troll like this, yeah, Equius isn't much of a character. When you have a cast of 20+ characters (4 kids+12 trolls+4 exiles+Midnight Crew+4 Guardians+Doc Scratch+others), you cannot have all of them be equally interesting.
Equius was a Joke, an exaggeration, a way to introduce us to the Hemospectrum. His death was consistent with that, while at the same time showing us how dangerous and ruthless Gamzee was.

He served a purpose, both in his introduction, and his death. But he was not a particularly good character.

Trobby
2011-10-27, 12:28 PM
Another thing I am wondering: Does the green sun actually exist outside of time/space, or does it still only show up in the alpha timeline? Can alternate timelines that were only recently created that still contain non-dead entities and exist at the point in time/space where the sun would appear to be created see its light too, or would it never appear for them? I guess this is something only Hussie can answer, unless it's been said earlier in the comic and I'm forgetting...

That is actually a VERY good question. And something I am wondering right now is this:

If timelines that are not alpha timelines are doomed, is it because the Green Sun doesn't exist?

If so, this would suggest that the Green Sun has to exist in order for these timelines to occur, and since The Green Sun has existed since the start of each timeline...

@_@; Thinking about this gives me a headache.

Long story short, The Green Sun is supposed to exist outside of all sessions. Not just these two sessions that are going on in the comic, but ALL sessions Beyond the reach of the horrorterrors that each session has beyond the edges of their game. It exists, essentially, outside of known space.

Gez
2011-10-27, 12:29 PM
Another thing I am wondering: Does the green sun actually exist outside of time/space, or does it still only show up in the alpha timeline?

Does this answer your question (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/scratch.php?s=6&p=005711)?

Derjuin
2011-10-27, 12:32 PM
Does this answer your question (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/scratch.php?s=6&p=005711)?

Funny thing, Fan (a forum member here) pointed me to the same page :smalltongue:. Unless I'm mistaken, that's the asteroid getting blown up by Jack.

Actually, the more I look at it, the more it looks like it is actually the green sun, because the light is still shining on her a few panels later when jack-bec-whatever reappears. :smallconfused:

Gorgondantess
2011-10-27, 12:57 PM
As much as it pains me to disparage my Patron Troll like this, yeah, Equius isn't much of a character. When you have a cast of 20+ characters (4 kids+12 trolls+4 exiles+Midnight Crew+4 Guardians+Doc Scratch+others), you cannot have all of them be equally interesting.
Equius was a Joke, an exaggeration, a way to introduce us to the Hemospectrum. His death was consistent with that, while at the same time showing us how dangerous and ruthless Gamzee was.

He served a purpose, both in his introduction, and his death. But he was not a particularly good character.

I actually really liked Equius. Yes, he was an ancillary character, yes, he was kindof a joke, but I felt like he really got some good characterization during Seek the Highb100d.
To me, the most non-character troll is probably Feferi, or maybe alive-Aradia. Neither of them have had much characterization aside from... they're really excited all the time?:smallconfused:

PhantomFox
2011-10-27, 01:04 PM
So... let's assume the kids have restarted their session. What happens now?

My guess is the most ridiculous speed-run ever involving as much sequence breaking as possible.

Draconi Redfir
2011-10-27, 02:54 PM
my guess would be they watch as their universe is remade entirely with a new version of scratch being made and ensuring the humans are strong enough to win the game. then they watch as grandpa, nana, mom, and bro are raised by alternate versions of themselves and begin playing the game themselves.

all with the power of Trollian.

Although, since the human universe has cancer, it may never be able to produce new universes at all, so they may need to do something about that, but it's dead now sooo... idk. time shenanigans to save baby slick from the lava then put it in the skia of the Trolls/new humans session?

Gez
2011-10-27, 03:53 PM
Although, since the human universe has cancer, it may never be able to produce new universes at all

Jade managed to create a tadpole universe, which we saw falling in the volcano's crater early during Cascade. So the potential was there.

Midnight Lurker
2011-10-27, 06:03 PM
Maybe if they get into the trolls' session once BN is out of the way, scratch it, then do a quadruple-universe temporal reacharound to have a healthy human universe, a sane-but-strong Alternia, and two successful sessions?

irenicObserver
2011-10-27, 06:13 PM
are we just saying who our persional least-favorite charicter's are now? you can probably guess what mine is.
Who is it?

*snip*

What a stupid manor.
Is that the Halliwell manor? Very stupid indeed :smalltongue:

Maybe if they get into the trolls' session once BN is out of the way, scratch it, then do a quadruple-universe temporal reacharound to have a healthy human universe, a sane-but-strong Alternia, and two successful sessions?

Yes. Hell Yes. Hell Frakkin Yes!!

Draconi Redfir
2011-10-27, 06:50 PM
Jade managed to create a tadpole universe, which we saw falling in the volcano's crater early during Cascade. So the potential was there.

true, perhaps it is only skia itself which is barren. if they can save the tadpole, they might be able to implant it into the now-empty skia their own universe previously inhabited.

kiinda like being the surrogate mother to your own grandchild. kinda fraky, but possible.

Who is it?

Lord English

irenicObserver
2011-10-27, 08:42 PM
>Tectonic Robot: Ollie into thread.

Hey guys! Look what Hussie posted! (http://mspandrew.tumblr.com/post/11938555890/about-eoa5-part-1) And this other thing he posted! (http://mspandrew.tumblr.com/post/11941710181/about-eoa5-part-2) And this third thing! (http://mspandrew.tumblr.com/post/11960418585/about-eoa5-part-3) Huge spoilers, though.

what, no Gent of Piss?

Lord English

You mean the guy that hasn't really shown up yet? The one all the fans are speculating about because let's face it, he must be a pretty big player since Doc Scratch is nothing but a tool to him, an indestructible demon that requires many glitches to even hope to defeat? Really?

Draconi Redfir
2011-10-27, 08:52 PM
You mean the guy that hasn't really shown up yet? The one all the fans are speculating about because let's face it, he must be a pretty big player since Doc Scratch is nothing but a tool to him, an indestructible demon that requires many glitches to even hope to defeat? Really?

yup. i'd state my reasons (again) but that always starts off this huge argument i'd rather avoid.

Tectonic Robot
2011-10-27, 09:04 PM
yup. i'd state my reasons (again) but that always starts off this huge argument i'd rather avoid.

It's because of the fandom, right? To tell you the truth, the thing I'm most excited about is to actually see what he looks like. But uh, yeah. Some big argument before my time? I suppose I won't ask...

Draconi Redfir
2011-10-27, 09:10 PM
kind of yes. mostly how he is perceived as something he isnt.

Tectonic Robot
2011-10-27, 09:33 PM
kind of yes. mostly how he is perceived as something he isnt.

Well, I've never seen him perceived as anything. Except awesome.

I'm just gunna leave this here. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFYSZuP3c4s&feature=related)

Trazoi
2011-10-27, 10:09 PM
Reading through Hussie's notes on the ending of Act 5 is interesting. Has AH described his approach to writing the story for Homestuck? The impression I get is that he has a bare bones plot structure written for the whole thing (like with stuff like "Jack kills everyone" as an objective), but he likes to flesh out the particulars of how to get there as he goes while building a massive story bible of everything to make sure he doesn't contradict himself. So there might be a list of the core rules for the game of Homestuck, but some of the particulars and edge cases may be left undefined until they need to be defined.

Also: I'm really liking the Vol. 8 album. It's great for listening to while working on other things.

Fawkes
2011-10-27, 10:09 PM
Lord English is The Monster at the End of This Comic.

Trobby
2011-10-27, 10:13 PM
Lord English is The Monster at the End of This Comic.

Wait...so are you suggesting...

GROVER is Lord English?

...No. ._. It's way too late at night for me to do that. Seriously.

No, seriously.

...Maybe tomorrow.

...Maybe.

irenicObserver
2011-10-28, 10:03 AM
Wait...so are you suggesting...

GROVER is Lord English?

...No. ._. It's way too late at night for me to do that. Seriously.

No, seriously.

...Maybe tomorrow.

...Maybe.

You make me want to vomit my black liquid rage in the form of a fire-breathing snake from my behind. Thanks for that -.-

Claudius Maximus
2011-10-28, 12:32 PM
This should cheer you up then
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/2923/groverenglish.png

Draconi Redfir
2011-10-28, 01:28 PM
I kind of view him more as... Sauron's father. Sure a lot of things can be tied back to him with enough effort, but he isn’t actually part of the story.

For reference Sauron in homestuck would be doc scratch.

Friv
2011-10-28, 01:47 PM
Doc Scratch is probably dead now, though, so it may be time for Lord English to appear after all.

Anyway, something less controversial.

I do have theories about Gamzee and Eridan's rampages, and they are as follows:

Gamzee's rampage was both necessary and inevitable. He spent his whole life crazy and stoned, and eventually they ran out of sopor. When that occurred, he was going to flip out, in any timeline or situation. Now, this could have been prevented by just killing him... but evil Gamzee was the reason that Terezi was able to find Vriska. If he'd died, Vriska would have gone to fight Jack, with terrible results.

As far as Karkat calming him down, it is entirely plausible that this was not possible before he'd tasted death. Equius's purpose in life was to help Gamzee reach his full potential, which unfortunately required Equius to die. (Nepeta didn't have to die, but her death was pretty inevitable once her moirail was on that path).

Eridan's rampage is somewhat trickier, but I'm willing to bet that turning Kanaya into a rainbow drinker is going to prove to be important. It's also possible that Feferi had to die in order to be able to properly handle something in the dream bubbles; she has appeared post-death, and is the most connected to the horrorterrors. And I doubt that their role in the story is done. (Alternately, the horrorterrors might have actually sabotaged everything, and Fef had to die to prevent that).

AgentPaper
2011-10-28, 01:57 PM
I kind of view him more as... Sauron's father. Sure a lot of things can be tied back to him with enough effort, but he isn’t actually part of the story.

For reference Sauron in homestuck would be doc scratch.

Actually, I would say that Lord English is Sauron, and then Doc Scratch is Saruman. Sauron is alluded to and referenced as the main reason for all sorts of bad things, but shows up in the actual story...just about never.

Gorgondantess
2011-10-28, 02:20 PM
Actually, I would say that Lord English is Sauron, and then Doc Scratch is Saruman. Sauron is alluded to and referenced as the main reason for all sorts of bad things, but shows up in the actual story...just about never.

Well said.:smallsmile:

Draconi Redfir
2011-10-28, 03:13 PM

... allright i can live with that.

irenicObserver
2011-10-28, 08:38 PM
Eridan's rampage is somewhat trickier, but I'm willing to bet that turning Kanaya into a rainbow drinker is going to prove to be important. It's also possible that Feferi had to die in order to be able to properly handle something in the dream bubbles; she has appeared post-death, and is the most connected to the horrorterrors. And I doubt that their role in the story is done. (Alternately, the horrorterrors might have actually sabotaged everything, and Fef had to die to prevent that).

Why would Doc Scratch be dead?

I think the Horrorterrors are either suckers as well or they were in on it all along. Like Hussie said they were the ones that made the map that led them to the Green Suns origin point in the first place.

Derjuin
2011-10-28, 11:16 PM
Pretty scary/neat stuff. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlqKkwIp0p4&list=PLfavorites&feature=channel_hash_redirect) Warning: contains some swearing and a spoiler from near the end of act 5, so if you aren't caught all the way up yet it might spoil something.

BRC
2011-10-29, 12:18 AM
So I was having a bad night.
And then four people dressed as Trolls showed up in my dorm room.

I am cheerful now.

Derjuin
2011-10-29, 01:09 AM

I am cheerful now.

:O Lucky!

I'm the only person I know that dresses up as Trolls around my region it seems :smallfrown:

Trobby
2011-10-29, 07:08 AM

I am cheerful now.

Which four? :smallbiggrin:

BRC
2011-10-29, 12:12 PM
Which four? :smallbiggrin:

Fef (With Squid) Terezi, Karkat (We made him pull up his pants) and Tavros.

Lix Lorn
2011-10-29, 12:35 PM
I went to an anime con today!
I had SO MUCH TROUBLE GETTING THERE. I forgot my phone, my camera, and my TICKET, and had to walk for 15 minutes to get to a valid station.

Everything was made good when I was informed of a homestuck meetup. <3

Trobby
2011-10-29, 01:56 PM
Tell them about the troll that hugged you, LIxie. x3

Lix Lorn
2011-10-29, 02:22 PM
I hugged a Sollux! And a Nepeta, and a coupla others...
As a last minute almost-a-cosplay, I took a miniature paintbrush and warhammer paints and put Nepeta's symbol on my t-shirt. It's only slightly conksucky.

Friv
2011-10-29, 05:16 PM
Why would Doc Scratch be dead?

Mainly because he was seen lying motionless on the ground moments before his entire universe exploded, and we did not see him depart said universe. To a lesser degree because everything that he's said has indicated that once he finishes off the universe and allows Lord English entry, his job is done and he is ready to die.

Now, it is possible that he snuck out of the universe and headed over to the Green Sun as well, and I would not be shocked if we see him again, but I will also not be shocked if he is later firmly established as being deceased.

I think the Horrorterrors are either suckers as well or they were in on it all along. Like Hussie said they were the ones that made the map that led them to the Green Suns origin point in the first place.

Good point. Either one is possible, I suppose. Hrm.

irenicObserver
2011-11-01, 06:47 PM
Guys, I have taken it upon myself to listen to the collectie Homestuck soundtrack. I'm going nonlinearly so there's a lot of holes. So far I enjoy Time Paradox from The Felt

Derjuin
2011-11-02, 01:51 AM
Upd8! Intermission two tiiiiiiiime.

And we actually get to see Lord English, or at least most of him, and he actually looks quite piratey. Yargh.

The pool balls at the end changing (with the exception of the 8 ball) rapidly around Alternia seems rather ominous, as does the track used and the entire thing.

Draconi Redfir
2011-11-02, 02:56 AM
Ohey update!

Oboo look who it is >_>

And thus begins the claims that Scratch has been You-know-who all along:smallsigh:

some guy
2011-11-02, 04:30 AM
I was going to post something about someone being already here on this page (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=002753), but the sarcofagi don't match. But they're almost the same. Almost.

Also, I like how his peg leg is a roulette table spin thingie. I... I didn't like his honks :smalleek:

Midnight Lurker
2011-11-02, 04:56 AM
Oh sweet jegus.

DOC SCRATCH IS AN EXCELLENT HOST.

HE IS THE VERY BEST HOST THERE IS. :smalleek:

Shadow of the Sun
2011-11-02, 05:37 AM
Yeah...I'm gonna call this an awesome update and an awesome reveal, which was rather awesomely foreshadowed.

Draconi, why do you hate Lord English when he isn't even a character yet? He hasn't had anything to characterize him except what Scratch has told us.

He's not EVEN a character yet; he's a plot device.

Yeah, fandom is blowing stuff outta proportion, but fandom does that.

Fayd
2011-11-02, 09:52 AM
The song was "English" from The Felt.

And no, I don't think Doc Scratch was ever Lord English in disguise. He's just an excellent host. Lord English is already here because he's a time traveler demon built from Lil Cal. Not that that changes much (From Cal to LE, that is.) It's certainly an interesting development.

Note: The sarcophagus is not actually any in comic thus far: it has a skull on it with filled eye sockets. (If my eyes aren't tricking me, that is)

irenicObserver
2011-11-02, 09:53 AM
Haven't seen the update yet but all I can say is Skipper Plumbthroat! Also foreshadowing from Hussie, when he told Li'l Cal to dress up with pool balls in his eyes. (funnily enough I thought of doing fan art where Li'll Cal did that)

And yea, Draconi's hatred of the guy is pointed in the wrong direction 9.9 *sign*

Garland
2011-11-02, 10:32 AM
Oh look, DR's favorite character has arrived!

Although it'd be more accurate to say that he was... already here.

Guess if there ever was a time to pose as a team (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=4&p=000509), it's now.

Slayn82
2011-11-02, 10:39 AM
> Be Scratch. (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=005513)

You once again try to be Doc Scratch, and fail spectacularly. You can't be him no matter how hard you try. It is impossible.

English got dibs on that before us.

And where is the Andrew characther right now? Was he in universe when the green sun came?

Friv
2011-11-02, 12:28 PM
It's funny, because my first thought when LE started hatching out of Scratch's big egg-like head was "OH MY FREAKING GOD".

My second thought was, Draconi is going to flip his pail.

Anyway, I think it's pretty clear that Scratch is, as previously mentioned, the host of English rather than actually being English. And thus are two of my theories simultaneously disproven. It's kind of a shame, although LE is pretty awesome - I was looking forwards to seeing a green sun in a coat.

Garland
2011-11-02, 01:25 PM
I just saw the track art for the bonus song "Cascade (Beta)" from the last album and I almost die laughing. Drunk Mindfang is canon now!

AgentPaper
2011-11-02, 01:27 PM

Heh, same here, though that was actually my first thought. :smallbiggrin:

memnarch
2011-11-02, 02:25 PM
Just realized, Andrew Hussie (character) is probably the one who offed Doc Scratch. Any one else agree with that conclusion? :smallconfused:

AgentPaper
2011-11-02, 02:31 PM
Just realized, Andrew Hussie (character) is probably the one who offed Doc Scratch. Any one else agree with that conclusion? :smallconfused:

I don't think that's quite accurate. It seems more like doc scratch died and turned into a lifeless puppet, then after that Hussie hit him with a broom and shook him around for a bit. As to why he actually died right then, I'm not sure, but it seems likely it was caused by Lord English's awakening, or at least was related to it.

Draconi Redfir
2011-11-02, 02:34 PM
Draconi, why do you hate Lord English when he isn't even a character yet? He hasn't had anything to characterize him except what Scratch has told us.

He's not EVEN a character yet; he's a plot device.

i agree, this is exactly what he is. What i hate is how almost everyone in the fandom depicts him as this super-important final-boss character who everyone is going to need to work really hard to defeat and is actually behind everything and blah blah blah, when really he's just a dude who likes to eat frogs and dink about with his buddies.

Heh, same here, though that was actually my first thought. :smallbiggrin:

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/924/pailflip1.png

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/6759/pailflip2.png

TheArsenal
2011-11-02, 03:40 PM
Man- That was COLD.

irenicObserver
2011-11-02, 03:43 PM
dude put that away that's so vulgar >.<

Draconi Redfir
2011-11-02, 03:56 PM
But... but i just hate him so much! <3-

Derjuin
2011-11-02, 04:09 PM
pails in public oh my god

:eek:

I am not sure how else to express my feelings over this brazen display of attraction!

Aside: Intermission's over yaaaaaaaay. :smalltongue:

Tectonic Robot
2011-11-02, 04:16 PM
But... but i just hate him so much! <3-

Well, I LOVE him! I just do! I've been waiting for his for so long, and boom! And since he's based off Scratch, he DID do everything! I guess we can argue about him now, right?

Uh, I mean this all in the most not-angry way possible. All in good fun, right?

Draconi Redfir
2011-11-02, 04:26 PM
preeety sure he was just born from scratch, not actually him. You aren't your mother after all are you?

TheArsenal
2011-11-02, 04:28 PM
I liked the transformation sequence. It was nice and disgusting.

Tectonic Robot
2011-11-02, 04:57 PM
preeety sure he was just born from scratch, not actually him. You aren't your mother after all are you?

Well, the way I see it, basically Lord English is the future version of Doc Scratch. So I'm assuming they had a kind of bro-dave or future dave-dave relationship.

But, uh, whatever works fine.

And I really liked the transformation sequence to. I wish his head was different, though.

irenicObserver
2011-11-02, 05:03 PM

Well Scratch is doing it all for him, so technically he is behind it all ;Op

Gez
2011-11-02, 05:21 PM
Well, the way I see it, basically Lord English is the future version of Doc Scratch.
Nope; Lord English is Big Cal. :smallamused:

Look at limb proportion and head shape.

Lix Lorn
2011-11-02, 05:34 PM
http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/924/pailflip1.png

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/6759/pailflip2.png
DEAR GOG THIS IS A CHILD FRIENDLY FORUM

Fayd
2011-11-02, 05:48 PM
Amazing find someone found on the MSPA forums:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFbc9BcJddE&feature=player_embedded

LE's theme is mostly pallindromic.

Smeggedoff
2011-11-03, 06:48 AM
Amazing find someone found on the MSPA forums:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFbc9BcJddE&feature=player_embedded

LE's theme is mostly pallindromic.

Yeah, most of the songs from the felt album have rewound music in them so can be played backwards.

Regarding the update though, it seems Doc Scratch is an excellent Host after all.

Draconi Redfir
2011-11-03, 08:24 AM
I found the best thing today. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paEmKHsTv-M&feature=feedrec_grec_index)

memnarch
2011-11-03, 02:19 PM
So, I don't know if any of you remember, but I made Beat Mesa in Minecraft awhile back. Pretty cool, but it was rather small, plus the scratch hadn't happened yet.

So, to 'commemorate' the event, I remade Beat Mesa and gave it its final shape.
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj264/programmer162/2011-11-02_193109.png
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj264/programmer162/2011-11-02_193030.png
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj264/programmer162/2011-10-31_010045.png
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj264/programmer162/2011-11-02_193149.png
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj264/programmer162/2011-11-02_193157.png

And yes, I'm also working on making the Turntable component as well. (thing the quill went in you know?)

Edit: which picture do you think is the best out of those five?

Dust
2011-11-03, 04:04 PM
Someone explain the recent (though not new) SBHJ comics (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/sweetbroandhellajeff/?cid=036.jpg) to me. OH LORD SO MUCH METAPHOR.

irenicObserver
2011-11-03, 04:30 PM
So, I don't know if any of you remember, but I made Beat Mesa in Minecraft awhile back. Pretty cool, but it was rather small, plus the scratch hadn't happened yet.

I think the first one is the best, but I lost all mirth when it popped into my head that someone should try and recreate the entire Beat Mesa, pixel by pixel from the angle seen in Jack and Bro's first battle.

And you have got to let me know about the Timestables when you're done

Morganatic
2011-11-03, 08:02 PM
BIG CAL

Someone explain the recent (though not new) SBHJ comics (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/sweetbroandhellajeff/?cid=036.jpg) to me. OH LORD SO MUCH METAPHOR.

There is no metaphor, not really. On the old Formspring, Hussie said as much - that SBaHJ didn't represent things going on in the comic. BUT since the comic is an in-world artefact, and produces memes and viral images/situations that appear throughout it, it can go the other way - things in the comic happen because of SBaHJ. It's not that likely, but what it means is that people might start giving each other momey, and we might be confronted suddenly by someone's HUGE BUTT and GREY MUTANT PENIS (though I hope not :smalleek:).

Gorgondantess
2011-11-03, 08:07 PM
GREY MUTANT PENIS[/B][/FONT]

Well... Karkat is grey... and a mutant... and what with the kids meeting up with the trolls, sloppy makeouts will likely ensue...:smalleek:

Mc. Lovin'
2011-11-04, 02:14 AM
snip

Sir, that is 100 levels of awesome, and picture number 2 is the best

CrimsonAngel
2011-11-04, 03:03 PM
http://www.arena.net/blog/halloween-at-the-studio Dave and Terezi work at Arenanet.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/arenanet/6304167856/in/set-72157628031560612

Tectonic Robot
2011-11-04, 11:23 PM
This is a pretty cool video, guys. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kD0tnP4v8Yo&feature=player_embedded)

Draconi Redfir
2011-11-05, 08:08 AM
This is a pretty cool video, guys. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kD0tnP4v8Yo&feature=player_embedded)

So is this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlHnSJ2x3OE):smalltongue:

Fayd
2011-11-05, 12:08 PM
So. Hussie has explained Lord English on his Tumblr. http://mspandrew.tumblr.com/post/12341136347/le-factoids

Interesting Mr. Hussie... Very interesting.

Tectonic Robot
2011-11-05, 02:30 PM
So. Hussie has explained Lord English on his Tumblr. http://mspandrew.tumblr.com/post/12341136347/le-factoids

Interesting Mr. Hussie... Very interesting.

This make you like him any more, Draconi? Because I really, really like him. I just don't know why!

Also this comic is the bomb. (http://ib.skaia.net/post/view/22860?search=lord_english)

Garland
2011-11-05, 04:08 PM
Suddenly, WEED DREAMS. (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/sweetbroandhellajeff/?cid=037.jpg)

Draconi Redfir
2011-11-05, 09:10 PM
This make you like him any more, Draconi? Because I really, really like him. I just don't know why!

Nope not really.

Tectonic Robot
2011-11-05, 11:24 PM
Nope not really.

Why not? You don't even have a reason for disliking him besides: The fandom is annoying! It makes me so angry, I can't even vocalize it!

Draconi Redfir
2011-11-05, 11:47 PM
Why not? You don't even have a reason for disliking him besides: The fandom is annoying! It makes me so angry, I can't even vocalize it!

want a reason? allright i'll give you a reason.

hiseyeballsgivemeseizureshehasyettodoanythingthata ctuallyinfluencesthestorydirectlyhe'steeteringonth efencetosuedomeverythingabouthimgivesmeaseizureand i'mepileptiche'sgiventoomuchcreditforthingshenever evendidhehasnomodivaitionforinterfeiringwiththekid sandthusnorealpartinthestorytheentireintermissionw asboringanduninterestingandsincehewassupposedtobet heantagonistofitandneverevenbotheredtoshowupitwasp rettymuchpointlesshesuglydidimentionseizureriffice verythingabouthimsofarhasonlybeenrelitivetothemome ntofhisbirthwichwejustwitnessedsohereallyservesnop ointanymorewearenevereventoldexactlywhyorhowheisso evilassidefrom"heis"soitseemskindalikeacaseof"rawriambadfearmeicannotproveanyofmyclaimsbutfearme anyways"thiswholejumbleprobablyhasafewspellingerrorsseizur esseizureseizureseizurescutitouthussieandonceagain everyoneassumesheisthefinalbossoftheentirestorywhe nwehaventevenbeengiventhetiniestsliverofevidenceto wardsthissoitisallbaselessclaimssimplymadebecausel ulzheevil.

TL;DR: Too many seizurerrific stuff for an Epileptic to handle plus some other stuff.

<3-

Phase
2011-11-06, 02:00 AM
Okay, Draconi. I'm sure that those of us here who care enough to want to discuss Lord English with you would love to do so in a civil manner. Barfing up a chunk of nonsense like that, does not a rational argument present.

I suggest you cut it up into sentences. No one wants to parse it.

Tectonic Robot
2011-11-06, 09:24 AM
want a reason? allright i'll give you a reason.

hiseyeballsgivemeseizureshehasyettodoanythingthata ctuallyinfluencesthestorydirectlyhe'steeteringonth efencetosuedomeverythingabouthimgivesmeaseizureand i'mepileptiche'sgiventoomuchcreditforthingshenever evendidhehasnomodivaitionforinterfeiringwiththekid sandthusnorealpartinthestorytheentireintermissionw asboringanduninterestingandsincehewassupposedtobet heantagonistofitandneverevenbotheredtoshowupitwasp rettymuchpointlesshesuglydidimentionseizureriffice verythingabouthimsofarhasonlybeenrelitivetothemome ntofhisbirthwichwejustwitnessedsohereallyservesnop ointanymorewearenevereventoldexactlywhyorhowheisso evilassidefrom"heis"soitseemskindalikeacaseof"rawriambadfearmeicannotproveanyofmyclaimsbutfearme anyways"thiswholejumbleprobablyhasafewspellingerrorsseizur esseizureseizureseizurescutitouthussieandonceagain everyoneassumesheisthefinalbossoftheentirestorywhe nwehaventevenbeengiventhetiniestsliverofevidenceto wardsthissoitisallbaselessclaimssimplymadebecausel ulzheevil.

TL;DR: Too many seizurerrific stuff for an Epileptic to handle plus some other stuff.

<3-

Oh. Seizures. Well, that's... a good reason.

As to the ugliness: you don't like him because he's ugly? Some people need to be ugly man!

As to the Mary Suedom: I don't see it. Andrew has said he's a brute, and Mary Sue's usually don't come in brute favor. He's just a really, really strong jerk as it is.

To the hasn't done anything: Apparently that's what he's doing right now.

PS: That was really hard to read, Draconi. I had to skip it past the middle. :|

thegurullamen
2011-11-06, 11:00 AM
Oh. Seizures. Well, that's... a good reason.

As to the ugliness: you don't like him because he's ugly? Some people need to be ugly man!

As to the Mary Suedom: I don't see it. Andrew has said he's a brute, and Mary Sue's usually don't come in brute favor. He's just a really, really strong jerk as it is.

To the hasn't done anything: Apparently that's what he's doing right now.

PS: That was really hard to read, Draconi. I had to skip it past the middle. :|

I think he means that LE is ugly from an aesthetic perspective. It's something that bugs me, too. The skull doesn't look like it was drawn by the same person who's been drawing the comic so far. The skill level feels like it's lower when I see that skull as opposed to HERO MODE anyone.

Suedom: I want to see how his role plays out before I say anything on that, but as the entire strip has been about LE (the reader just didn't know about it for a while), I'm inclined to say 'no'.

TheArsenal
2011-11-06, 11:33 AM
It is ugly but again: Its Lilcals skull. If that isn't supposed to be ugly i don't know what is!

Morganatic
2011-11-06, 12:20 PM
(apologies for this post Draconi!)

Suddenly, WEED DREAMS. (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/sweetbroandhellajeff/?cid=037.jpg)

Stunning evidence that SBaHJ is prophetic/a platonic world of forms relative to the main story. Under manipulation from an entity of dubious trustworthiness, Sweet Bro causes the creation of the http://i.imgur.com/JRT26.gif, from which emerges Hella Jeff - who is already here.

I'm deeply disappointed that b u d s n b a b e s . c o m (http://budsnbabes.com) isn't a real site though, or that I can't follow the doubtless riveting exploits of the BIBTCHEZ & THA GANJOG.

Draconi Redfir
2011-11-06, 02:09 PM
in other news, anyone seen any cool homestuck-related youtube stuff we could discuss while we wait for 11/11/11?

Fayd
2011-11-06, 04:30 PM
My girlfriend takes songs or portions of songs and puts Homestuck pictures and clips to them!

Take a look here (http://www.youtube.com/user/kitsunetsuki#p/c/2B16061DAEB0BACC/0/4REDZ0xyb_Y)!

TheArsenal
2011-11-06, 04:36 PM
I just realized that all this time it was Lilcals head talking underneath that cueball.

Im scared.

Draconi Redfir
2011-11-07, 05:41 AM
Something worth watching. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEoxEZ_KH2A&feature=channel_video_title)

irenicObserver
2011-11-07, 10:48 AM
I realized how Dave's Outfits (http://mspaintadventures.wikia.com/wiki/Dave's_Outfits) were massive pieces of foreshadowing. I realized that Jade placed Skaia and the planets in a pentagram around her, with the kid's associated elements taking the four points and Skaia being the point of light.

And I got into The Felt album which really brings out my love for the orchestral.

This (http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/original/000/160/560/2hdnx8y.gif?1318992465)

EDIT: also I really have the desire to do some Homestuck fanart. The kids of the scratched session, Lord English growing as a fetus inside Doc's head, Fetal Doc Scratch inside the Green Sun, fan trolls, alchemizations. Draconi, how would you feel about being drawn Homestuck style?

EDIT: also about the seizures, that's a much better reason than, "I hate him because the fandom is going crazy of a looming plot point coming up"

Draconi Redfir
2011-11-07, 05:06 PM
hey anyone drawing anything of me i am perfectly 0k with. the why on the other hand boggles me:smalltongue:

irenicObserver
2011-11-08, 07:14 PM
I always enjoy these (http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/original/000/097/563/catchthatman.gif?1318992465)

Tectonic Robot
2011-11-08, 09:54 PM
I always enjoy these (http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/original/000/097/563/catchthatman.gif?1318992465)

What... what is the original gif of that beautiful, beautiful thing?

irenicObserver
2011-11-08, 10:41 PM
I found it here (http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/catch-that-man)

AgentPaper
2011-11-10, 01:31 AM
REQUEST:

I'm currently looking for high-quality images of all of the god-tier and/or bec-ified characters in homestuck, canon or fanon, in order to make magic card versions of them. Specifically, they will all be planeswalkers, so it needs to be a full-size image, not just a face. Here's an example of a planeswalker I made a week ago:

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/7205/machiofthethousandcuts.jpg

John, Jade, Rose, Dave, Vriska, Aradia, Doc Scratch, Jack Noir, and Lord English are the main ones I want to make cards for, but if someone can find/make good quality pictures for fictional god-tier characters that's fine too. I'll probably make a card for PM as well, but I'd like to wait until we learn more about her post-becification, for example what to call her.

memnarch
2011-11-10, 02:01 AM
Jade
http://images.wikia.com/mspaintadventures/images/b/b5/Jadegodtier.PNG

John
http://f0.bcbits.com/z/28/35/2835150923-1.jpg
John again
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj264/programmer162/john.png

AgentPaper
2011-11-10, 02:41 AM
Excellent pic for Jade. The John pics I'm unsure about, mostly because of the background. Would feel better if it was a blue/white background, especially since John is certain to be a White card anyways.

Also, if someone could make me a Green Sun mana symbol, that would be cool too. Perhaps in animated/un-animated form even? Basically, the bec-type characters would cost Green Sun mana, and in return be absurdly powerful.

Edit: Also also, please also list the artist's name with the pic so I can give credit on the card.

memnarch
2011-11-10, 10:09 AM
New John;
http://lazylaz.tumblr.com/post/12154977813/2-of-4-heir-of-breath-i-will-enjoy-drawing

Old ones.
http://lazylaz.tumblr.com/post/11921886689/also-did-track-art-for-judgement-day-woo

http://lazylaz.tumblr.com/post/11921480079/sooooo-here-are-the-johns-i-did-for-the-eoa

http://lexxercise.tumblr.com/

Lix Lorn
2011-11-10, 01:10 PM
REQUEST:

I'm currently looking for high-quality images of all of the god-tier and/or bec-ified characters in homestuck, canon or fanon, in order to make magic card versions of them. Specifically, they will all be planeswalkers, so it needs to be a full-size image, not just a face. Here's an example of a planeswalker I made a week ago:

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/7205/machiofthethousandcuts.jpg

John, Jade, Rose, Dave, Vriska, Aradia, Doc Scratch, Jack Noir, and Lord English are the main ones I want to make cards for, but if someone can find/make good quality pictures for fictional god-tier characters that's fine too. I'll probably make a card for PM as well, but I'd like to wait until we learn more about her post-becification, for example what to call her.
Notthepointnothepointnothepointnothepointnotthepoi nt
That card's kinda underpowered. No proper ultimate, and using the first ability opens her to /any/ removal. At least throw in the clause from Gideon about preventing damage-I'd be annoyed if my planeswalker got lava darted.
Or perhaps make it give her hexproof?
And the second ability is... interesting. It'd be terrible, but bushido stacks.

A vriska card would be AWESOME.

I'd like to request a Terezi card. Obviously, has to cost 4 and a W and start with three counters, and have a +2, a -1, and a -6. :smalltongue:

Derjuin
2011-11-10, 02:04 PM
A vriska card would be AWESOME.

I'd like to request a Terezi card. Obviously, has to cost 4 and a W and start with three counters, and have a +2, a -1, and a -6. :smalltongue:

It would indeed :smalltongue:.

nitpicknitpick

I'm pretty sure a Terezi card would cost 4B not 4W

If I may offer a suggestion: avoid Deviantart for homestuck-related pictures, especially if you want them to be any kind of impressive and/or retain your sanity. There's the occasional gem in the rough, but I've come back from DA trawling with more mindbleach scars than I care to remember. :smallannoyed::smalleek::smallfrown:

AgentPaper
2011-11-10, 02:15 PM
That card's kinda underpowered. No proper ultimate, and using the first ability opens her to /any/ removal. At least throw in the clause from Gideon about preventing damage-I'd be annoyed if my planeswalker got lava darted.
Or perhaps make it give her hexproof?
And the second ability is... interesting. It'd be terrible, but bushido stacks.

Her ultimate has exponential growth.

BRC
2011-11-10, 02:30 PM

nitpicknitpick

Sollux would cost 2B2R

Eridan would be 2WW

Lix Lorn
2011-11-10, 02:43 PM

nitpicknitpick

If I may offer a suggestion: avoid Deviantart for homestuck-related pictures, especially if you want them to be any kind of impressive and/or retain your sanity. There's the occasional gem in the rough, but I've come back from DA trawling with more mindbleach scars than I care to remember. :smallannoyed::smalleek::smallfrown:
Note to self: go on DeviantArt.

Nah, Justice is pretty W. Pooossibly black/white for the glee she gets in it, but B is pretty much the tribal coloure for trolls.

Her ultimate has exponential growth.
...your point? Chandra has that as her middle ability.

Alo, blue is U, not B.

AgentPaper
2011-11-10, 02:49 PM
your point? Chandra has that as her middle ability.

No, she has linear growth. 1 loyalty = 1 damage, 2 loyalty equals 2 damage, 4 loyalty = 4 damage, etc. Also, you can only target a single player or creature with it. Machi's ability has exponential growth. 1 loyalty = 1 damage, 2 loyalty = 4 damage, 4 loyalty = 16 damage. And you can divide that damage up however you want among any number of creatures.

Lix Lorn
2011-11-10, 03:32 PM
OH
I didn't see that it squared. That's a fine ult then. xD

Trobby
2011-11-10, 03:53 PM
So the next update is going to be tomorrow.

What do you guys think it will be? :O

Lix Lorn
2011-11-10, 04:17 PM
What will it be?

AWESOME.

That's really all there is to say on the matter.

Tectonic Robot
2011-11-10, 04:36 PM
What will it be?

AWESOME.

That's really all there is to say on the matter.

My Hope:
Spades Slick: Stick pins randomly into the voodoo doll. Hope you get lucky.

Lix Lorn
2011-11-10, 04:39 PM
My hope:
Vriska: Get bored of being dead. Go back to one of your irons.

Gorgondantess
2011-11-10, 04:42 PM
My hope:
Vriska: Get bored of being dead. Go back to one of your irons.

Fixed that for you.:smallamused:

Lix Lorn
2011-11-10, 04:56 PM
That's mean. :smallfrown: I don't find that amusing at all.

Gorgondantess
2011-11-10, 04:58 PM
That's mean. :smallfrown: I don't find that amusing at all.

Y'know what's really mean? Or, rather, who? Spidertroll.:smallyuk:

Lix Lorn
2011-11-10, 05:07 PM
Yeah, but you upset ME, not her. :smallmad:

Tectonic Robot
2011-11-10, 05:10 PM
Yeah, but you upset ME, not her. :smallmad:

Shooooosh pap pap pap.

Vriska's kicking it up in the afterlife. It's ok.

At least until Lord English kicks down the door. Then it's not ok.

Unless Slick runs in through the opening. Then it's ok again!

Morganatic
2011-11-10, 05:24 PM
Suddenly, out of nowhere -

humanimals intermission.

http://i.imgur.com/UT5VV.png

TheArsenal
2011-11-10, 05:25 PM
NOOOOOOO! I am forever and permanently scard!

WHO CREATES SUCH DEMONS!

Lix Lorn
2011-11-10, 05:30 PM
NOOOOOOO! I am forever and permanently scard!

WHO CREATES SUCH DEMONS!
Hussie.
Duh. :smalltongue:

RebelRogue
2011-11-10, 05:32 PM
Machi's ability has exponential growth. 1 loyalty = 1 damage, 2 loyalty = 4 damage, 4 loyalty = 16 damage.
That looks like power growth, not exponential growth.

Gez
2011-11-10, 05:48 PM

AH: Play Skyrim for 76 hours straight instead of updating. Then collapse and sleep for 42 hours.

:smallamused:

Lix Lorn
2011-11-10, 05:52 PM
Nonono.
AH: Play skyrim for 41 hours straight. Then collapse, get 3 hours sleep and force yourself up to make this ****ty comic. Then sleep for ten days and then update 25 times in an hour.

Morganatic
2011-11-10, 05:57 PM
AH: Play Skyrim for 76 hours straight instead of updating. Then collapse and sleep for 42 hours.

:smallamused:

I imagine Hussie as some kind of ascetic monk - he's suggested (probably exaggerating, but still) that he spends most of the time he's not sleeping or eating working Homestuck-based stuff (Homestuck: The Book Vol 1 apparently took a chunk of time out of the past few months). Almost all of his pop-culture references are quite old, too, suggesting he's not a massive gamer.

http://i.imgur.com/DvAym.png

Androgeus
2011-11-10, 06:52 PM
How about
AH:Finish BardQuest

Also Humanimals. Scared for life.

Derjuin
2011-11-11, 12:20 AM

My hope:

John+Vriska: True Love's First Kiss! :biggrin:

Alternatively, Hueg Battleship: Land on asteroid/Asteroid: Land on Hueg Battleship. Gotta start somewhere :smalltongue:

Edit:

Y'know what's really mean? Or, rather, who? Spidertroll.:smallyuk:

This is a giant nature/nurture overanalysis/derail waiting to happen :smalltongue:.

AgentPaper
2011-11-11, 02:25 AM
Preview of Jade:

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/9089/jadewitchofspace.jpg

TheArsenal
2011-11-11, 02:51 AM
My hope:

[spoiler]
John+Vriska: True Love's First Kiss! :biggrin:

Ugh, Im not sure. Vriska is a total bitch even for her planets standards, and I doubt that if Jhon seen the things she had done I doubt it would happen.

But whatever, I still like thier subplot.

Derjuin
2011-11-11, 03:51 AM
Ugh, Im not sure. Vriska is a total bitch even for her planets standards, and I doubt that if Jhon seen the things she had done I doubt it would happen.

:smallconfused: She's already told him about the "probably many thousands" (http://mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=005367) of people she's killed, to feed her lusus (not doing so would have dire results (http://mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=005374), like death or being eaten). She also told him about killing Aradia and paralyzing/killing Tavros. He still said yes to a date, unless you mean something other than those things.

Agree to disagree on the total bitch part? I've seen where that debate can go, and it's not pretty at all.

But whatever, I still like thier subplot.

I can agree here though :smalltongue:.

TheArsenal
2011-11-11, 03:58 AM
I have an argument, but I don't want to continue with it if you don't want to.

TheArsenal
2011-11-11, 04:34 AM
Mind****.

Seriously.

This was once again, the least thing I expected.

Derjuin
2011-11-11, 04:51 AM
I have an argument, but I don't want to continue with it if you don't want to.

It'd be nice, since it'd probably come down to opinion or differing views of events or something like that.

Mind****.

Seriously.

Yeah...I was kinda hoping for more than Act 1, Revisited, maybe Everybody: Sloppy Makeouts or something, but I guess maybe it's better to introduce the new kids first. If they're all the same age as the previous groups have been, they seem to be about 15 and 1/2 years old now...

Midnight Lurker
2011-11-11, 05:37 AM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaa..............

EDIT: Waaaait a sec...

Look at that Little Monsters poster covering Doctor Manhattan's blue junk.

That's not makeup. That's Troll Howie Mandel. This is a two-species world. :smalleek:

some guy
2011-11-11, 05:50 AM
I'm excited for meeting Jade's Penpal. I'm excited for everything. Those bears. What kind of time-traveling, universe-hopping adventures will they have?

Shadow of the Sun
2011-11-11, 06:27 AM
Hmmm...

Not sure if want.

But then, Hussie is Hussie, so I expect him to pull some insane ninja crap to make this awesome, like he always does.

Morganatic
2011-11-11, 06:35 AM
YESSSSSSSS

I kinda expected this, but it's certainly going to be good. I cannot wait to see what kinda of inventory gags we're going to witness over the next few weeks.

Good to see that Cal and Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff are apparently trans-universal constants, though.

I also cannot wait for Act 6 to be three years long.

Draconi Redfir
2011-11-11, 06:48 AM
i feared i would foam at the mouth.

i was happily wrong:smallbiggrin:

I do wonder though if this version is any different from the first though, Wouldn't the frog still have cancer?

as for FRIGHTENING FAUNA, you think that means horrerterrors? Not seeing anything eldritch in her house (Though their IS a wizard-bear, and she was apparently raised by betty Crocker still who may or may not be a troll with close ties to a horrerterror, so still two possibilities there.)

Morganatic
2011-11-11, 06:52 AM
i feared i would foam at the mouth.

i was happily wrong:smallbiggrin:

I do wonder though if this version is any different from the first though, Wouldn't the frog still have cancer?

as for FRIGHTENING FAUNA, you think that means horrerterrors? Not seeing anything eldritch in her house (Though their IS a wizard-bear, and she was apparently raised by betty Crocker still who may or may not be a troll with close ties to a horrerterror, so still two possibilities there.)

It's the Frightening Beast (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=4&p=000414), from Problem Sleuth - it's on Jane's shirt.

TheArsenal
2011-11-11, 07:04 AM
I don't think this will be the same type of story as the trolls or the Kids.

Draconi Redfir
2011-11-11, 07:09 AM
i just really hope this version of earth didn't become a near-carbon copy of alternia, as what i think was the upside-down immage of earth and the Alternian writing may have been indicaiting.

TheArsenal
2011-11-11, 07:25 AM
90% of the time I feal like saying "Dont worry guys", Hussie isn't stupid, hje won't mess stuff up.

Gez
2011-11-11, 07:43 AM
Good to see that Cal and Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff are apparently trans-universal constants, though.

SB&HJ is the creation of Dave, who is going in this reboot to be the adult guardian, so it makes sense (in a horrible, terrible way) that it would now be a professional business.

Midnight Lurker
2011-11-11, 07:52 AM
SB&HJ is the creation of Dave, who is going in this reboot to be the adult guardian, so it makes sense (in a horrible, terrible way) that it would now be a professional business.

It's got to be better than puppet porn.

Draconi Redfir
2011-11-11, 07:55 AM
It's got to be better than puppet porn.

dear gog, teenage Bro as a budding puppet-fetishist.

not gunna be pretty.

guttering flame
2011-11-11, 08:03 AM
I'm a little hazy on the plot convolutions. What is the status of the old cast of kids and trolls? Are they ghosts in the new cast's head? Do they still have any power? Where did the troll astroid end up, where did Jade's ship? Also, how can there be a new human universe when the old one got swallowed into the Green Sun?

Most important, why did the mixing of the Red human universe and the Blue troll universe create a Green sun and not a Magenta sun? Why???

Morganatic
2011-11-11, 08:13 AM

Yeah, but Dave only created SBaHJ because he was inspired by Terezi's 8-y cartoons, which, depending on quite how/why the Scratch happened, wouldn't be in this time stream. Same with Cal.

On another note - I'd like to draw your attention to the fact that the figure seen at the end of the flash, and entering commands in Daedric, does not seem to be a carapace, like the other exiles, but is almost certainly a troll, given the skin tone, and the way the hands are drawn. Check out the symbol on its monitor, too. :o]

I'm a little hazy on the plot convolutions. What is the status of the old cast of kids and trolls?

Sollux, Terezi, Gamzee, Karkat, and Kanaya are heading to the green sun on a psychokinetically impelled asteroid. A half-dead Sollux and god-tier Aradia have met up with god-tier Dave and Rose at the Green Sun. Bec Noir is facing off against Bec Blanche at the universe creation platform.

Are they ghosts in the new cast's head?

Probably not (though it depends what you mean by ghosts) - they're mostly all meeting up at the Green Sun, which is outside ordinary time/space.

Do they still have any power?

Yes, although again, they're at the Green Sun, so they're not necessarily going to be mucking about in the new universe.

Where did the troll astroid end up, where did Jade's ship?

The Green Sun, and Jade's ship flew through the fourth wall in Doc Scratch's office, and is currently hurtling across the Yellow Yard. It's almost certainly going to emerge, at some point, out of the window in grown-up Rose's Skaianet lab.

Also, how can there be a new human universe when the old one got swallowed into the Green Sun?

The scratch causes a reset, which happened at the same time as the detonation of the Green Sun - presumably the new universe gets sent off back to a new timestream. Perhaps that's even what's meant to happen. Ha ha. Hee hee. Hoo hoo.

Most important, why did the mixing of the Red human universe and the Blue troll universe create a Green sun and not a Magenta sun? Why???

Hussie's not mixing colours, he's moving at 120 degree increments around the colour wheel - from FF0000 (red) to 0000FF (blue) to 00FF00 (green)

Midnight Lurker
2011-11-11, 08:31 AM
I'm a little hazy on the plot convolutions. What is the status of the old cast of kids and trolls? Are they ghosts in the new cast's head? Do they still have any power? Where did the troll astroid end up, where did Jade's ship?I think what we'll be looking at here is a shadow war fought between, on the one side Lord English and his minions, and on the other the Godkids and the surviving trolls (and the whole population of Kidsession to boot), to control this session of Sburb and influence the former guardians.

This will be epic beyond our mere Earth human ability to comprehend, you wait and see. :smallcool:

Lix Lorn
2011-11-11, 08:46 AM
Preview of Jade:

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/9089/jadewitchofspace.jpg
That's pretty awesome. Slightly short of a YOU WIN button, but good.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaa..............

EDIT: Waaaait a sec...

Look at that Little Monsters poster covering Doctor Manhattan's blue junk.

That's not makeup. That's Troll Howie Mandel. This is a two-species world. :smalleek:
WHAAAAAAAAAAAT

Tectonic Robot
2011-11-11, 09:03 AM
I am excited for these these plot developments.

The flash basically oozed out hope, though. This is a good thing.

irenicObserver
2011-11-11, 09:11 AM
Well there goes my fanart plans. What's with Jane and pictures of blue men? Who is that blue painted guy anyway? He looks familiar.
i just really hope this version of earth didn't become a near-carbon copy of alternia, as what i think was the upside-down immage of earth and the Alternian writing may have been indicaiting.

what? where are you seeing that?

Well, technically Morganatic, Hussie's not just moving it either. When you remove blue and red from a picture all you will be left with is shades of green :smallwink:

PhantomFox
2011-11-11, 09:18 AM
So... if I'm remembering my lore correctly, the kids are now the guardians and the guardians are the kids?

Draconi Redfir
2011-11-11, 09:24 AM
what? where are you seeing that?

The zoom-in on the earth makes it look like it might be upsidedown, i don't know if it actually is or what, but assuming a version of doc scratch now exists on this earth it's possible.

The Alternian letters appear on a computer somewhere.

irenicObserver
2011-11-11, 09:29 AM
Yep! Can't wait to see them.

BRC
2011-11-11, 09:35 AM
I'm a little hazy on the plot convolutions. What is the status of the old cast of kids and trolls? Are they ghosts in the new cast's head? Do they still have any power? Where did the troll astroid end up, where did Jade's ship? Also, how can there be a new human universe when the old one got swallowed into the Green Sun?

Kids and Trolls escaped the Scratch by fleeing into Paradox Space/Beyond the Forth Wall.

The new Earth dosn't seem to be "Alternia with humans". My personal theory is that the first time around, a Universe gets a benevolent animal guardian like Bec, if that fails to produce a sucessful session, and the universe gets Scratched, then Doc Scratch (or somebody similar) is the first guardian, nudging history to better prepare the players.

I don't think it's going to be a carbon-copy of Alternia, but it will be harsher, or at the very least there will be an increased focus on Games.
The Kids/Guardians role will be switched. John will be Nanna's guardian, Dave will be Bros (Hence why SbaHJ is now a Movie, Dave is an adult in this), Rose will be Mom's guardian (We saw some of Kid Mom's science labs), Jade is Hass's Grandmother.

Also, I am sad to see that Jane Crocker has missed the greatest Mustachioed Funnyman of all time: Groucho Marx.

Trobby
2011-11-11, 10:19 AM
...Hussie was right.

The complete lack of hype for this flash made it A LOT BETTER. <3_<3

I am excited. I am very excited. *w*

I am also expecting trolls. I theorize that they live on the moon.

It's...interesting though, that they're playing Sburb ALPHA, and not BETA.

And the ancient crumpled hat/two bunnies that we see here...

tyckspoon
2011-11-11, 12:03 PM
That's not makeup. That's Troll Howie Mandel. This is a two-species world.

See also "2x3 Prong Day", which is a very Trollish way of referring to something. Definitely looks to be troll influence on this world's culture, if not actual Trolls living there (which would be an interesting way of making a world that's more prepared to take on Sburb without going all the way into Alternia's complete insanity.)

Lix Lorn
2011-11-11, 12:05 PM
So Jane Crocker is Nanna?
...DERP LIXIE.

TheArsenal
2011-11-11, 12:07 PM
The thing I would look after is

2X3 prong day.....OOOOOH I GET IT!

Draconi Redfir
2011-11-11, 01:21 PM
must be a kinda slow universe though, i mean the first one managed to get the game into beta and it had two and a half less years until it's doom happened. this one only got into measly old Alpha:smalltongue:

Mr.Bookworm
2011-11-11, 01:52 PM
Other thing:
As was previously mentioned, you are poised for an ELITE OPPORTUNITY to test the SBURB ALPHA. It is so elite in fact, you are the only of your kind invited to playtest!

Soooooo, yeah, combined with troll Howie Mandel, I'm thinking the trolls have conquered Earth.

Trobby
2011-11-11, 02:18 PM
must be a kinda slow universe though, i mean the first one managed to get the game into beta and it had two and a half less years until it's doom happened. this one only got into measly old Alpha:smalltongue:

On the other hand, an exclusive Alpha basically guarantees that only a few places are going to get hit by meteors.

So maybe they are a bit more advanced than we think? Also, maybe they do a bit more playtesting in this universe than the other one?

Or possibly, just possibly, there is more to it than we think. *Hint: Probably*

Draconi Redfir
2011-11-11, 02:26 PM
so... i just found the following quote in some of the darker recesses of the internet...

"I figured out who Dad's father is.
Think about it.
Jane likes mustaches, strange fauna, and Dad is super strong."

i'm just.... yeah...
pass the brain bleach.

TheArsenal
2011-11-11, 02:45 PM
You mean this father?

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy146/MasterOfThePlanes/Dragon_Father_Ver2_by_AnimatedFord.jpg

Probably not.

Midnight Lurker
2011-11-11, 03:12 PM
Just noticed this bit from Jane's room:

In the case of your CHERISHED MULTIGLOBAL EMPIRE