PDA

View Full Version : MS Paint Adventures 4: 13

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Draconi Redfir
2011-11-18, 07:51 PM
Don't forget frog-breeding and forge-bringing. Those two also seem to be a constant that we know of.

Fayd
2011-11-18, 09:18 PM
Don't forget frog-breeding and forge-bringing. Those two also seem to be a constant that we know of.

Point, but 1, the duties don't have to belong a space payer, technically, (we were never certainly told this; just because it happened twice in messed up sessions doesn't mean it is a constant across them all. and 2... the session WILL have a space player AND a space planet. Jade and her world. So this session might get to break some rules, as Paradox space already knows this setting it up.

Inyssius Tor
2011-11-18, 09:57 PM
13. May be part of the ways this universe is being prepped to handle the game better, aside from the obvious stuff Crockercorp is doing to familiarize the players with game functions before they ever start.

Interestingly, this is something we could have deduced way ahead of time from a purely in-universe perspective. We've known for a while that the kids' session started early, because Jack Noir totally ****ed up the script and started hitting the meteor swarms as soon as he possibly could instead of at the very end like the Black King normally does.

Shadow of the Sun
2011-11-19, 12:02 AM
That curmudgeonly Strider!

I'm hoping that Strider will be just as awesome as Beta!Bro is. Because, seriously. BADASS.

Anarion
2011-11-19, 12:33 AM
Interestingly, this is something we could have deduced way ahead of time from a purely in-universe perspective. We've known for a while that the kids' session started early, because Jack Noir totally ****ed up the script and started hitting the meteor swarms as soon as he possibly could instead of at the very end like the Black King normally does.

Can we deduce that? Skaia portals time warp. We know that because the frog temple ends up 413 million years in the past. I think that regardless of when the reckoning starts inside the Sburb session, the meteors arrive on earth at preset moments.

Mc. Lovin'
2011-11-19, 02:54 AM
Well I live in England. I'm pretty sure it's only illegal for minors to drink in pubs and such, you can get utterly smashed in your own home, with parental permission.
...I think. I don't drink, so I dunno.

Yeah that's not legal for a 15 year old lol. I mean, you'd get away with it, but it's not legal. It is legal, however, to drink cider, perry or mead in a pub at the age of 16, if you are eating a meal and accompanied by an adult

Shadow of the Sun
2011-11-19, 05:28 AM
So.

Hussie has made Jake at once full of MANGRIT and adorable.

Hussie, you magnificent bastard...

Draconi Redfir
2011-11-19, 07:57 AM
Point, but 1, the duties don't have to belong a space payer, technically, (we were never certainly told this; just because it happened twice in messed up sessions doesn't mean it is a constant across them all. and 2... the session MIGHT have a space player AND a space planet. Jade and her world. So this session might get to break some rules, as Paradox space already knows this setting it up.

Fixed that for you, until the titles of the scratchkids are revealed we really can't say.

irenicObserver
2011-11-19, 08:49 AM
I had a scary thought, besides syncing up the comic with real time, the kid's being older makes me wonder if the pre-scratch troll ancestors were younger than the troll players when it was their turn.
Point, but 1, the duties don't have to belong a space payer, technically, (we were never certainly told this; just because it happened twice in messed up sessions doesn't mean it is a constant across them all. and 2... the session WILL have a space player AND a space planet. Jade and her world. So this session might get to break some rules, as Paradox space already knows this setting it up.

The best we can do right now is Occam's Razor, with what we're presented right now, those are a Space players duties each session. Speaking of Space players, what duties does the hero of time carry besides his/her planet containing the scratch mechanism? The best I can think of is to prevent null sessions and mistakes with their time traveling abilities (like Aradia did).

Oracle_Hunter
2011-11-19, 11:33 AM
So, the Kids are the grandparents of the Alphas. And Jake has been talking to them?

Weird

irenicObserver
2011-11-19, 12:00 PM
Only two of the kids are grandparents, the rest are a generation away. Also, Jake seems to think he's sending the bunny to Jade in the current universe since he mentions them being in the early 20th century.

Sception
2011-11-19, 02:59 PM
In the Alpha universe, Jane and co. are the kids and John & co. are the guardians. In the Beta universe (the one we started with), it's the other way around. They aren't the same kids/guardians in each universe, it's two separate instances of both (like how Spades Slick and Jack Noir are two separate instances of the same game construct, but are not the same person). Post-Scratch (aka Alpha universe) John was Jane's (aka post scratch / Alpha universe nana's) popop, and is long deceased (as was pre scratch / Beta universe's Nana / Jane, at the start of the comic). The original universe John that will soon be entering into Jane's universe is a separate person; or at least a separate instance of the same person.

Jake (aka post-scratch Grandpa) has been communicating with Jade (aka pre-scratch Grandma, though we haven't yet seen her post-scratch incarnation, presumably currently dead and stuffed, though we don't know that yet), though he doesn't seem to know he's communicating with an alternate universe version of his Grandmother, he seems to think he's talking to a past version of his post-scratch grandmother.

Most likely also, the kids and guardians of post-scratch Earth are the babies created ectobiologicaly by John in pre-scratch Earth, while the original characters and their guardians in pre-scratch Earth would have been created ectobiologically by Jade at some point during their upcoming session - extrapolating from the similar circumstances of the trolls and their ancestors and their pre-scratch-troll-universe incarnations. Confusingly, this would require alternate universal instances not only of the infants, but also of the items they carried with them through the meteors. Unlikely as that sounds, though, we've already seen several of the alternate versions of the items (Jane's bunnies - gifted from Jake and Lalonde who received them as heirlooms from post-scratch Jade and Rose respectively, Jake's flintlock pistols, Jane's copy of Sassacre's text inherited from poppop, Cal - glimpsed briefly in the opening flash of act 6), so all still seems to be in place for that eventuality.

I don't see why this is so hard to understand. It's very simple and straight forward.

In any event, I'm loving act 6 so far. I've been looking forward to it so much, and I'm loving the new characters, esp. Lalonde. I hope we have a good chunk of time to get to know them before the extra-universal cavalry arrive.

Fayd
2011-11-19, 03:04 PM
The best we can do right now is Occam's Razor, with what we're presented right now, those are a Space players duties each session. Speaking of Space players, what duties does the hero of time carry besides his/her planet containing the scratch mechanism? The best I can think of is to prevent null sessions and mistakes with their time traveling abilities (like Aradia did).

Well, the thing is, Jade is taking her planet and herself into the Alpha Incipisphere.

wait... the Alpha.... HUSSIE YOU CLEVER MAN. Sorry, sidetracked. Where was I? Jade is bringing herself and her planet. SBURB/Skaia may not make a space player simply on the virtue that one exists in the incipisphere already. More freedom to use other (possibly necessary) roles.

irenicObserver
2011-11-19, 07:57 PM
There isn't a space planet in the incisiphere already :smallconfused: i don't think Sburb works like that and it is mostly based on conjecture. You not only keep using words that suggest possibility and at the same time you are saying things with a sense of inevitability, or...I don't know like your sure it will happen (and if it will you never cited it).

@Malisteen: That was a really complicated way of repeating what I just said. And I think we've already been over all that anyway.

mp122984
2011-11-19, 10:42 PM
New Modus!

So... wow...I was impressed by the first view of the Puzzle Modus, Which by itself looked like it could rival the Wallet Modus, but whatever that thing in the middle is, it's clearly both big and important. Although having that much space does kind of take the "Puzzle" out of it otherwise. :smalltongue:

irenicObserver
2011-11-19, 11:21 PM
Not really since he has to maneuver them to fit and their sizes are relative to how big they are. It makes me wonder if there will be any Weird Puzzle Sh*t in this act. That thing looks like an appearifier terminal of some sort, probably to send that Bunny through time and space, it must be the Transmaterializer.

Oh hey, he has a Husktop!

Midnight Lurker
2011-11-20, 03:29 AM
I wonder where he got that husktop...

Shadow of the Sun
2011-11-20, 04:34 AM
So. Jake and Vriska. Hmm.

Wolfman42666
2011-11-20, 05:57 AM
So. Jake and Vriska. Hmm.

So, apparently you can inherit crushes (from another reality, if you are an ectoslime paradox baby), who knew?

[That or she has been talking into his dreams]

Tectonic Robot
2011-11-20, 09:31 AM
So, what do you think the relevance of the spider-girl stuff is?

...Oh wait, Vriksa. Stupid, stupid... uh, I mean awesome Vriksa! Cool!

Inyssius Tor
2011-11-20, 12:20 PM
Fixed that for you, until the titles of the scratchkids are revealed we really can't say.

No. Wrong. As the post you modified pointed out--before you modified it, at least--this session will have a Space player and Space planet. Jade is going to participate in this session. That means this session will contain a Space player. Jade is going to bring her session's planets with her. That means this session will contain a Space planet.

Whether the SBURB mechanism is clever enough to take this into account, now, that's a different question. I suspect it is.

Inyssius Tor
2011-11-20, 12:32 PM
So, the Kids are the grandparents of the Alphas. And Jake has been talking to them?

Weird

Surely you haven't forgotten the setup of the original universe? It's exactly like that, with the generations reversed.

Oracle_Hunter
2011-11-20, 12:39 PM
Surely you haven't forgotten the setup of the original universe? It's exactly like that, with the generations reversed.
Man, the amount of time-travel convolutions that went on in getting the Kids situated is ridiculous -- and I like convoluted time-travel stories.

I need some sort of Time Loop Schematic to better visualize how it was all set up :smallsigh:

Claudius Maximus
2011-11-20, 12:56 PM
How about this?
(http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/288/b/3/homestuck_timeline_by_niftyapplestar-d4cyonx.png)

Lord of Rapture
2011-11-20, 02:21 PM
I'll just leave this here...
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/315/b/a/trixieyes_gif_by_workingorder-d4fw3x1.gif

Anarion
2011-11-20, 02:36 PM
So, what do you think the relevance of the spider-girl stuff is?

...Oh wait, Vriksa. Stupid, stupid... uh, I mean awesome Vriksa! Cool!

Can't keep a good spider troll dead. The question is whether Jake will be attracted to Vriska herself through some kind of universe shenanigans, or whether Marquis Spinneret Mindfang will somehow put in a personal appearance.

How about this?
(http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/288/b/3/homestuck_timeline_by_niftyapplestar-d4cyonx.png)

I think that might be oversimplifying a bit.

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/315/b/a/trixieyes_gif_by_workingorder-d4fw3x1.gif

Argh it's everywhere! Run while you still can!

Draconi Redfir
2011-11-20, 02:44 PM
No. Wrong. As the post you modified pointed out--before you modified it, at least--this session will have a Space player and Space planet. Jade is going to participate in this session. That means this session will contain a Space player. Jade is going to bring her session's planets with her. That means this session will contain a Space planet.

:smallconfused:

Until we know the titles of the Scratch kids we can not say that Jade will be the player of Space in their session! the titles of the Jane and co still have not been revealed, and my well be exactly the same of their pre-scratch counterparts.

Think of it like this. I'm watching you play a video game i have already played and completed, occasionally i give you helpful advice or hints, or maybe even take the controller away from you to get you past that really hard part you've been stuck on for half an hour. In this way i am still participating in the game, but i am not actually a player of it. It is entirely possible this is exactly the role John and co will play in Jane's session, offering advice and combat training/support to ensure they succeed, but not being counted as official players by the game itself.

Now yes, assuming Jade does make it to the Kid's inconsphere (Let me remind you she was merely flying between two fourth walls and exiting who-knows-exactly-when-or-were then there will technically be a space planet and player in the game. this does NOT mean she and her planet will be the ONLY ones in the game. it is entirely possible that Jake and HIS planet will be the NATIVE space representatives.

I am not saying this is how it WILL be, i am saying this is how it MIGHT be. I am not saying you are WRONG i am just saying you MIGHT be wrong. never once have i ever said "X will be Y no exceptions" in this thread. i have always said it MAY be, it will POSSIBLY be, or it is LIKELY to be. If you can't accept the possibility that you might be wrong, then that's your problem not mine.

Lord of Rapture
2011-11-20, 02:56 PM
Argh it's everywhere! Run while you still can!

I'm not sure you're aware who has the pony avatar here. :smallamused:

irenicObserver
2011-11-20, 05:31 PM
*snip*

YESSSS! We need moar crossovers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWZ_CXqM584)!

skip to 0:59

Anarion
2011-11-20, 05:34 PM
I'm not sure you're aware who has the pony avatar here. :smallamused:

It's not the pony, it's the fact that I'm part of anti-Trixie coalition in the heal/hurt (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216134) thread.

@Draconi Redfir
We know Jane's title is "life" and we know that at least UU is aware of the coming of the pre-scratch four kids.
Coppied from her pesterlog:
"
UU:patience for yoUr growth as a hero of life.
UU:and patience for the coming of the other foUr of legend.
UU:a hero of breath and of light and of time and of space"

So the session is probably aware of those 5 types since UU says they'll be coming.

Shadow of the Sun
2011-11-20, 06:56 PM
I am getting somewhat suspicious of UU. Maybe I'm late to the party or something, but yeah, her lack of disclosure of her real name trips the switches for alarm bells.

Fawkes
2011-11-20, 08:07 PM
I am getting somewhat suspicious of UU. Maybe I'm late to the party or something, but yeah, her lack of disclosure of her real name trips the switches for alarm bells.

I'm more concerned with her objective for the kids being "to pave the way for the arrival of gods."

Sounds familiar.

RebelRogue
2011-11-20, 08:10 PM
I'm more concerned with her objective for the kids being "to pave the way for the arrival of gods."

Sounds familiar.
I'm fairly certain those gods are the pre-scratch, godtier kids.

BRC
2011-11-20, 08:18 PM
UU seems too nice, too helpful. She's polite, straightforward (with the exception of Causal spoilers), and altogether too knowledgeable about what is going on.

Yeah, something sinister is happening.

Draconi Redfir
2011-11-20, 08:29 PM
That or you know, she's just a nice person.

Fayd
2011-11-20, 08:34 PM
It's something that's impossible to know at this point. Hussie has trained us well to look cautiously at people. At the same time, he has been known to use our expectations against us.

So: UU. Is she good? Is she evil? At this point, it's Unknowable. Should we be leery? Possibly. Probably. In the end, I think we're all getting surprised.

Anarion
2011-11-20, 08:40 PM
My thought is that UU's grey text and the alternate universe setting makes her something like Karkat's counterpart. Thus, since Karkat is always angry and shouting, UU is overly sweet and kind. Whether that means she also has the opposite of Karkat's good intentions, we'll find out later.

Terry576
2011-11-20, 08:56 PM
I dunno, if she's the total opposite of Karkat, then let's list some reversed things:

Kind
Sweet
Polite
Dislikes Swearing
High Blood Color
Wicked Intentions

Seems like a damn good character to me.

irenicObserver
2011-11-20, 09:05 PM
@Draconi Redfir
We know Jane's title is "life" and we know that at least UU is aware of the coming of the pre-scratch four kids.
Coppied from her pesterlog:
"
UU:patience for yoUr growth as a hero of life.
UU:and patience for the coming of the other foUr of legend.
UU:a hero of breath and of light and of time and of space"

So the session is probably aware of those 5 types since UU says they'll be coming.
That doesn't prove anything about the session :smallsigh: just that UU knows about them which means she(?) could easily have learned about it with her inside knowledge.

By this point we're just going around in circles, shall we stop?

Anarion
2011-11-20, 09:07 PM
That doesn't prove anything about the session :smallsigh: just that UU knows about them which means she(?) could easily have learned about it with her inside knowledge.

All trolls in the comic so far have gained their insider knowledge using a computer program to observe another session. I didn't say the session knows about the arrival of the pre-scratch kids for sure, but UU's knowledge also makes it considerably more likely that the session itself knows about them.

irenicObserver
2011-11-20, 09:15 PM
um...how? Like I said that doesn't mean a thing to the session itself. How does it make it more likely when the trolls observation of the kids didn't alter the preset (key word here) parameters of their session? That train of logic don't make a lick of sense and it seems more like your interpretation than actual evidence.

NOTE: If anything the pre-scratch players showing up in the post-scratch session would be considered a glitch by the game.

Inyssius Tor
2011-11-20, 09:24 PM
:smallconfused:

Until we know the titles of the Scratch kids we can not say that Jade will be the player of Space in their session! the titles of the Jane and co still have not been revealed, and my well be exactly the same of their pre-scratch counterparts.

We can say for certain that Jade will be a Hero of Space, because she is a Hero of Space. And we can say for certain that she will be physically present in the Scratch kids' session, as will her session's planets. Those facts will not change no matter what titles the Scratch kids are assigned. There is no uncertainty about whether the post-Scratch Earth session will contain at least one Hero of Space and at least one Land of Frogs.

Fayd's post doesn't need to be fixed, because it is correct. The appropriate word is not "MIGHT", it is "WILL".

Now, it is true that we don't know if this session can/will refrain from generating a new Hero of Space and a new Land of Frogs simply because one of each is already present. That's where you would want to insert a MIGHT. Obviously you would have trouble doing that, though, because Fayd already put one there:

So this session might get to break some rules, as Paradox space already knows this setting it up.

tl;dr stop fixing things that aren't broken. :smalltongue:

irenicObserver
2011-11-20, 10:08 PM
Lookie what I found

http://www.deviantart.com/download/200588114/hs__kan____celine_by_habueris-d3bfas2.png

Tectonic Robot
2011-11-20, 10:19 PM
I found a cool comic, guys!

It's too big for regular images! Just follow this link.

http://ib.skaia.net/image/25827.png

Anarion
2011-11-20, 10:34 PM
um...how? Like I said that doesn't mean a thing to the session itself. How does it make it more likely when the trolls observation of the kids didn't alter the preset (key word here) parameters of their session? That train of logic don't make a lick of sense and it seems more like your interpretation than actual evidence.

NOTE: If anything the pre-scratch players showing up in the post-scratch session would be considered a glitch by the game.

First, it's not clear either way, I'm talking about probabilities and likelihoods. But I'll spell out my reasoning.

First deduction
1. Trolls gain information about other sessions by observing them with the Trollian program.
2. UU is a troll
Therefore
3. UU gains her information from Trollian.

Second deduction
1. Trollian can see players during any point of their session or their life on a prior planet.
2. Trollian has failed to detect a player (Rose) when she was influenced by elements from beyond her universe.
Therefore
3. The ability of Trollian to detect players is related to their ability to participate in the universe related to that game session.

Third deduction
1. UU can see all the B1 universe kids in the B2 game session
Therefore
2. The kids will be able to participate in the B2 universe

Final deduction
1. The pre-scratch kids can participate in the B2 universe
Therefore
2. The odds that the universe itself is aware of them are increased relative to what they were before we acquired UU's knowledge.

Shadow of the Sun
2011-11-20, 10:51 PM
...Hussie, you're just taunting us now, aren't you?

All of those computing devices, eh?

Draconi Redfir
2011-11-20, 11:02 PM
We can say for certain that Jade will be a Hero of Space, because she is a Hero of Space. And we can say for certain that she will be physically present in the Scratch kids' session, as will her session's planets. Those facts will not change no matter what titles the Scratch kids are assigned. There is no uncertainty about whether the post-Scratch Earth session will contain at least one Hero of Space and at least one Land of Frogs.

Yes we know all this, but we DON'T know if she will be THIS session's hero of space!

Now, it is true that we don't know if this session can/will refrain from generating a new Hero of Space and a new Land of Frogs simply because one of each is already present. That's where you would want to insert a MIGHT. Obviously you would have trouble doing that, though, because Fayd already put one there:

Wich is exactly what i have been saying this whole gog dang time!:smallfurious:

Anarion
2011-11-20, 11:14 PM
Oh, for crying out loud, the Lord English Cairo Coat. Now Hussie is just messing with us.

irenicObserver
2011-11-20, 11:17 PM
First, it's not clear either way, I'm talking about probabilities and likelihoods. But I'll spell out my reasoning.

First deduction
1. Trolls gain information about other sessions by observing them with the Trollian program.
2. UU is a troll
Therefore
3. UU gains her information from Trollian.

Second deduction
1. Trollian can see players during any point of their session or their life on a prior planet.
2. Trollian has failed to detect a player (Rose) when she was influenced by elements from beyond her universe.
Therefore
3. The ability of Trollian to detect players is related to their ability to participate in the universe related to that game session.

Third deduction
1. UU can see all the B1 universe kids in the B2 game session
Therefore
2. The kids will be able to participate in the B2 universe

Final deduction
1. The pre-scratch kids can participate in the B2 universe
Therefore
2. The odds that the universe itself is aware of them are increased relative to what they were before we acquired UU's knowledge.

See now that makes much more sense, the problem was your wording, it sounded you were saying it was definite.

Simius
2011-11-21, 01:42 AM
UU seems to imply that Universe B2 (post-scratch Earth) will be successful in spawning a new universe, like A2 was. Perhaps UU is from this new universe C?

Midnight Lurker
2011-11-21, 02:18 AM
Inyssius? Draconi? Would you two please stop agreeing with each other at the top of your lungs? :smallamused:

tyckspoon
2011-11-21, 02:30 AM
Oh, for crying out loud, the Lord English Cairo Coat. Now Hussie is just messing with us.

Eeeyup. Hussie be trollin'.

TheArsenal
2011-11-21, 07:07 AM
Oh my god. RoboCal.

Athaniar
2011-11-21, 07:38 AM
YESSSS! We need moar crossovers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWZ_CXqM584)!

skip to 0:59
That is awesome. The vocies are actually quite good (and their reactions are pretty spot-on too).

What, me? I'm just here from Ponythread, lurking, don't mind me.

Fayd
2011-11-21, 08:20 AM
Yes we know all this, but we DON'T know if she will be THIS session's hero of space!

Wich is exactly what i have been saying this whole gog dang time!:smallfurious:

I think this confusion comes from the fact that I was terribly unclear; my apologies.

Inyssius did get what I meant; I didn't mean to imply that there couldn't be ANOTHER hero of Space, we just happen to know that this Alpha session will have a hero of Space. Jade. Now, we don't know if this rules out anything else.

We do, however, know that Jane is a hero of life, if UU can be trusted.

Also: Beta timelines are doomed to fail, and doomed in general. Alpha timelines, on the other hand, are meant to succeed and carry forward. Now: This is now the Alpha session. Hussie is very clever sometimes.

BRC
2011-11-21, 08:48 AM
Apparently, Bro's thing is Robots. Which makes sense. Puppets => Robots.

Lix Lorn
2011-11-21, 10:23 AM
Inyssius? Draconi? Would you two please stop agreeing with each other at the top of your lungs? :smallamused:
Oh god that's funnier than it should be. Can I quote it?

Androgeus
2011-11-21, 11:04 AM
Guys, I'm sure about this but I think there might be a connection between Jake and Lord English.

Friv
2011-11-21, 12:54 PM
Guys, I'm sure about this but I think there might be a connection between Jake and Lord English.

You think so? I don't really see it.

Okay, seriously, here are my two current theories.

Theory #1 - UU is Aradia's ancestor from the pre-scratch universe. While she uses grey text, and is sort of taking up Karkat's place in the system, her chumname is very similar to Aradia's (UranianUmbra as opposed to ArisenApocalypse), and she shares Aradia's tick of single-letter substitution, and using that single letter for all of her smiley faces. Also, she is a girl, and a troll, and thus presumably one of the trollcestors.

Theory #2 - Grandma Jade from the post-scratch universe is one of Lord English's posse, the way that the Empress and the Handmaid were in the troll universe. That's why her name is English, and she made so many Lord English-related things which Jake inherited - Lord English seems to enjoy using ancestors as members of his crew. Jake himself isn't actually connected to Lord English, except through his grandmother.

BRC
2011-11-21, 01:02 PM
You think so? I don't really see it.

Okay, seriously, here are my two current theories.

Theory #1 - UU is Aradia's ancestor from the pre-scratch universe. While she uses grey text, and is sort of taking up Karkat's place in the system, her chumname is very similar to Aradia's (UranianUmbra as opposed to ArisenApocalypse), and she shares Aradia's tick of single-letter substitution, and using that single letter for all of her smiley faces. Also, she is a girl, and a troll, and thus presumably one of the trollcestors.

My personal theory is that UU is Feferi's Ancestor (Pre-scratch, so she would be the kid version). The grey text is still a way to hide (like with Karkat) but for different reasons. She's still the guardian of Glyblyglub (or however you spell it), which means she still needs to kill Lususes to feed her.
While this is necessary to ensure the survival of the Troll race for the same reason it was Post Scratch, it still means she's the one killing luseses and orphaning trolls, kind of like a tax collector who kills your parents.

She hides behind Grey Text because, if anybody knew who she was, they wouldn't want anything to do with her, since this version of Alternia dosn't have such a casual stance on Murder.

Also, a theory I ran into on the MSPA forums, Bro was actually responding, up until this point.

TT: Nope. Not buying it.
TT: I know that every ounce of your premium behind can be accounted for in that rabbit, and there's no goddamned denying it.
TT: And you know perfectly well where some more uranium can be located.
At which point he drops the glasses and his autoreply takes over. After that point his syntax changes drastically.

TheArsenal
2011-11-21, 01:12 PM
The Glubydub was a gift from Doc scratch post scratch.

BRC
2011-11-21, 01:18 PM
The Glubydub was a gift from Doc scratch post scratch.

Was it? I know Doc Scratch considered the Condense a personal gift (by which he means, something which made troll society as harsh as possible), but I don't think he ever mentioned the Glubinator. I just took that to mean he had personally worked to make sure the Condence was as nasty a ruler as one could have.

TheArsenal
2011-11-21, 01:33 PM
He did. Im not trawling through the thing, but he did.

BRC
2011-11-21, 01:49 PM
He did. Im not trawling through the thing, but he did.

I've found this

I like to think of her as the pet I gave to their race, at the dawning of their species' evolution. Like a sentience-warming gift. Again, it's just the sort of thing a good host does.
Referring to the Condense, but nothing about Glyblyob.

TheArsenal
2011-11-21, 01:53 PM
Yes he was. Maybe I don't remember, could you give a link?

BRC
2011-11-21, 01:55 PM
Yes he was. Maybe I don't remember, could you give a link?
Here. (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/scratch.php?s=6&p=005963)
Glyblyglob was the source of her power, but I saw nothing that said Doc Scratch was responsible for it.

TheArsenal
2011-11-21, 02:01 PM
Hmm. Im still not sure... Not sure what Glopybob was doing there in the first place.

Zorzark
2011-11-21, 02:09 PM
I think he's referring to Gl'bgolyb there. It doesn't make sense for him to be referring to the Condesce, since she's just another troll. But Gl'bgolyb is more than just a lusus, she's an emissary of the Squiddles Horrorterrors. Also, to quote one extra sentence:

"It was not merely expected of them by their people, but demanded by their shared lusus.

I like to think of her as the pet I gave to their race, at the dawning of their species' evolution. Like a sentience-warming gift. Again, it's just the sort of thing a good host does."

The last proper noun used before the "her" is their lusus, which means that the "her" there can very well refer to lusus. English clarity demands it. Er, the language, not the Lord.

Also, totally unrelated. But Jake is totes the hero of hope. Calling it now and betting on it. Has anyone else made that bet yet?

Gez
2011-11-21, 02:20 PM
Yeah, I think Glubglub is female and she's the pet Scratch is referring to.

Also the Jake hero of hope was already called, since this page (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=006020). The last two sentences ending up with all caps EVERY PAGE and HOPE, it's suspected he'll be the PAGE OF HOPE. Just like Jane will be MAID OF LIFE (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=006017).

BRC
2011-11-21, 02:41 PM
Hmm. Im still not sure... Not sure what Glopybob was doing there in the first place.

I think it was just there, the same way the other lususes were.

Here, think about it this way, the STARTING Conditions, pre-scratch and post-scratch, are the same. Doc Scratch dosn't exist to interfere with things like biology. Trolls would have had grey skin, horns, and different colored blood whether or not he was there.

What Doc Scratch DOES is influence the development of the CULTURE of the species he's "Guiding", in order to ensure the players are better prepared for their session. Scratch didn't give trolls different blood colors, what he did was make those blood colors a reason for trolls to kill each other.

When you scratch, the only things that change are the Ancestors become the Players (And vise-versa), and the nature of the First Guardian. The first guardian then sets out to shape a society that prepares the players to succeed in their session.

Doc Scratch did this by promoting a culture of violence and backstabbing. Making sure that the trolls, when the time came to play their session, would be well prepared to fight and manipulate their way to victory.

Now, it's speculation time.
Post- scratch Earth has a guardian, I'll call him Professor Scratch. We havn't really gotten to know many of the kids yet, but their culture does not appear to be especially violent, not any more so than pre-scratch earth.

In fact, if I had to say there was a big difference, it would be the presence of technology. Jake built the Bunny, and he's apparently not even the third best robot builder he knows (Bro is almost certainly the first, with Lalonde likely being the second). Even compared to the Trolls, Post-Scratch Earth seems to have incrediably advanced technology, largely crocker-based.

Just look at their sylladexes. While the Kids had to deal with obtuse an annoying syladexes, their post-scratch counterparts have ones that are fairly easy to use. Technology that before was only created with Alchemy (Like computer-glasses) appear to be common in this universe.

Lets consider three things.
Thing 1: The Scratch reboots the universe in order to better prepare the players to beat their session.
Thing 2: Jack Noir, as the kid's faced him, is a glitch within Sburb. He's supposed to be rebellious, but he's never supposed to get the Queen's Ring and start the Reckoning early. And he's really, REALLY not supposed to receive the benefits of a first-guardian prototyping. All that happened, but it's not something Sburb accounts for.
Thing 3: Think about Paradox Space less as something sentient, and more like a game.

With this is in mind, Paradox Space needs to build Professor Scratch. It looks back at the old session, to see what caused the players to lose.
We know what caused the players to lose, Jack Noir getting the Queens Ring, but Sburb dosn't know how to look for that (It's a game, a program), instead what it finds it "Players were not able to win before the Reckoning ended", or, to put it another way, "Players were Too Slow".

It's designing post-scratch earth to fix that. They're starting with a lot of stuff that the pre-scratch kids would have needed to alchemize. They've already got Boondollars and Grist. You know how lots of games have a "New Game+" mode where you start with lots of resources and upgrades so you can skip the early, boring stages of the game? That's basically what's happening.
Post-Scratch earth is designed to perform a Sburb Speedrun.

By this theory, the problem with Pre-Scratch Alternia was that it had not properly prepared it's players for the level of violence required to beat Sburb. They Scratched, and Paradox Space saw the reason for failure as "Players unable to defeat their enemies". And so Doc Scratch corrected that, by creating a culture where, even trolls like Tavros, dreamed of growing up and joining an elite military unit.

Lix Lorn
2011-11-21, 03:06 PM
>analysis<
...that... is really well thought out. Kudos.

TheArsenal
2011-11-21, 03:09 PM
Problem though:

That thing isn't JUST a Lusi, its an being from the dark outer realm thingy. It couldn't have gotten therer without outside interference. It also makes sense giving power to the most crazy and genocidal qeen there is to ensure that the race is as bloodlustfull as possible.

BRC
2011-11-21, 03:26 PM
Problem though:

That thing isn't JUST a Lusi, its an being from the dark outer realm thingy. It couldn't have gotten therer without outside interference. It also makes sense giving power to the most crazy and genocidal qeen there is to ensure that the race is as bloodlustfull as possible.

Yeah, that makes sense. While I was preparing my Monsterpost up there, other people chimed in with reasons why GlubGlub is the "Pet" Scratch was talking about.

And, thinking about it, what better way to create a murderous culture, than to force people to routinely orphan children in order to prevent mass genocide. '
Consider me won over by the "Glub Glub was the Gift" Theory.

Draconi Redfir
2011-11-21, 03:37 PM

I have no problems with this:

also: Spontaneous theory that is just as viable as the page of hope / whatever of life.

Jake called Bro a Dickprince. Therefore Bro is CLEARLY the Prince of ****!

irenicObserver
2011-11-21, 04:01 PM
Now I wouldn't be surprised if Lord English turned out to be in bed with the Horrorterrors, it's just that whole Skipper Plumbthroat association getting in the way.

EDIT: Also, we've seen Grandpa can go into The Medium and back on his battleship; maybe Crockercorp uses the labs in The Veil to alchemize her products.

Fayd
2011-11-21, 04:13 PM
Draconi, I actually think that that's reasonable; it seems like Hussie might want to show off the god-tier for every Hero Class and every Heroic Aspect, or at least as many as he possibly can. We're a couple short, on both sides, but we can currently figure out what Terezi's god-tier would hypothetically look like...well, almost. We know her symbol and it's color, and due to Rose ascendant, the garment's design, but we don't know what background color it uses.

The unknown Hero Classes: Page, rogue, sylph, mage, prince, bard.
The unknown Heroic Aspects: Hope, life, heart, rage, doom, mind, blood, void.

I listed heart and mind even though there are now god-t-shirts and god-hoodies for them because the hue/shade/whatever-the-right-artistic-term-is isn't exactly right.

Capt. Ido Nos
2011-11-21, 04:22 PM
I want say that we have had Life, and potentially Void shown for us. Fefcestor was shown to have all sorts of lifey related abilities, I can't help but wonder if that was a pre-ascended display of power, like how we see John "do the windy thing" before from time to time.

Similarly, you can't ignore the whole "blackouts" around Lalonde. Maybe just like a passive anti-scry affair courtesy of void?

Draconi Redfir
2011-11-21, 04:30 PM
Could be, but Kanaya also had a simmilar thing around Rose when she went grimdark, so it's possible Lalonde's mom is just perma-grimdark. Or perhaps even that Lalonde herself build some kind of dampening field to block out would-be prying eyes.

Capt. Ido Nos
2011-11-21, 04:49 PM
Definitely also a possibility. It's so hard to tell without seeing post-scratch rose yet. I figure we'll get our answers before too long either way.

Fayd
2011-11-21, 04:53 PM
I meant specifically in God-tier mode, but this works.

memnarch
2011-11-21, 08:26 PM
*wall-o-text*

I like this hypothesis. Makes quite a bit of sense; plus, Sburb Speedrun sounds funny. :smalltongue:

Midnight Lurker
2011-11-21, 08:31 PM

Oh, sure. I think it's original to me (said first to my parents :smallbiggrin: ).

Anarion
2011-11-21, 08:32 PM
Hmm, if they could be going for a speedrun, maybe they'll find Rose's game guide. UU could probably point them to it, and it's possible that adult rose or Lalonde (with her mad hacking skill) could already know about it.

Lix Lorn
2011-11-21, 08:36 PM
Oh, sure. I think it's original to me (said first to my parents :smallbiggrin: ).
Awesome. Thanks!

Capt. Ido Nos
2011-11-22, 12:50 AM
Wow, for some reason I thought Jake meant "making the rabbit" as a euphemism, and I could NOT for the life of me figure out what he meant ^^;;

Inyssius Tor
2011-11-22, 01:18 AM
trollcestors.

I see this word, and I do not immediately wonder what, exactly, would comprise trollcest.

Radar
2011-11-22, 02:44 AM
I see this word, and I do not immediately wonder what, exactly, would comprise trollcest.
There would be buckets involved - that's certain.

Trobby
2011-11-22, 08:14 AM
What if...

What if you poured your hate bucket...

Into your LOVE bucket?!

Oh god the implications!

Oh, and Auto-responder/Jake FTW.

BRC
2011-11-22, 10:45 AM
Guys, Guys, look carefully at this.
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lv23rusVYG1r4jhm1o1_250.jpg
Bro's hat is a bird.

Trobby
2011-11-22, 10:57 AM

Damnit. How many birds is Hussie going to hide in these Strider kids' hair?

how high do you even have to BE to have all those birds in your hair?

Anarion
2011-11-22, 02:31 PM
What if...

What if you poured your hate bucket...

Into your LOVE bucket?!

Oh god the implications!

Oh, and Auto-responder/Jake FTW.

They do the pouring (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004296). In fact, mother grubs are only capable of receiving such precombined genetic material, made from mixing the matesprit and kismesis pairs.

Now, if you were to somehow attempt to mix these materials before the imperial drone arrived with his "filial pails" I'm sure that would qualify as failing to provide material and lead to a gruesome and painful death.

Isn't troll romance beautiful?

tyckspoon
2011-11-22, 05:33 PM
Why is Tumblr all

"These updates are disgusting"

I don't get it.

Blatant homophobia?

CrimsonAngel
2011-11-22, 05:40 PM
Blatant homophobia?

I think that it would be pretty weird to be homophobic and read Homestuck, with the trolls an all.

But um
People were I guess thinking that the robot was molesting Jake? Instead of just being gentle or flirty or something.

Qaera
2011-11-22, 07:24 PM
Blatant homophobia?

have you ever BEEN to tumblr haha how high do you have to BE to think that

~ ♅

Derjuin
2011-11-22, 08:11 PM
As much as Jane and Jake are entertaining to read, Strider/Autoresponder are actually starting to get on my nerves. They both feel like they lack the quirkiness most of the other characters have... as ambiguous as that is, considering how broad a term "quirky" is. :smalltongue:

That and orange text is actually kind of hard for me to read. It makes my eyes hurt :smallannoyed:.

tyckspoon
2011-11-22, 08:34 PM
As much as Jane and Jake are entertaining to read, Strider/Autoresponder are actually starting to get on my nerves. They both feel like they lack the quirkiness most of the other characters have... as ambiguous as that is, considering how broad a term "quirky" is. :smalltongue:

I think it's that so far Strider's 'quirk' is that he's really just kind of a ****. We've seen endearing things mixed in with the oddities of the other New Kids, but almost all of what we've seen from Strider so far is just him yanking Jake around.

Shadow of the Sun
2011-11-22, 09:06 PM
From what I've gotten from the strips is that Bro is or has had a crush on Jake that they both know about, and Jake is a bit awkward about that.

irenicObserver
2011-11-22, 10:52 PM

That and orange text is actually kind of hard for me to read. It makes my eyes hurt :smallannoyed:.

*Strider glasses* Deal with it :tongue:

Derjuin
2011-11-23, 12:01 AM
*Strider glasses* Deal with it :tongue:

There are simply too many SA emoticons to respond with!

So in short I shall say:

Dealt with B).

I don't know, though. I hope the autoresponder isn't a recurring gag, but then Hussie kind of knows how to somehow make something I wish weren't a recurring gag funny anyway.

Radar
2011-11-23, 03:54 AM
They do the pouring (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004296). In fact, mother grubs are only capable of receiving such precombined genetic material, made from mixing the matesprit and kismesis pairs.
And only now have I noticed, that this big bucket-carrying figure has essentially LOVE and HATE tatooed on it's hands. :smallbiggrin:

TheArsenal
2011-11-23, 05:00 AM
Well, whoever poppup is its not Jhon. At least we know that.

Midnight Lurker
2011-11-23, 06:47 AM
Well, whoever poppup is its not Jhon. At least we know that.
...what? :smallconfused:

He's obviously the post-Scratch alternate John.

TheArsenal
2011-11-23, 07:15 AM
Look at his hair. It's not dark

Draconi Redfir
2011-11-23, 07:40 AM
Look at his hair. It's not dark

Neither was Nana's when she was a rotting corpse.

Hair turns grey when you get old.

Arrghus
2011-11-23, 07:42 AM
Maybe he bleached it? Maybe it's a wig? Maybe he was really frightened by a spider and his hair turned prematurely white from fear? Or maybe he's old?

Probably the third, I think. Doesn't really look like a wig.

TheArsenal
2011-11-23, 07:46 AM
Ah- Sorry forgot about that.

Still though, the name crocker on Jhon Confuses me.

Are the Kids there, or do both universes exist or not?

irenicObserver
2011-11-23, 08:39 AM
Both universes do not exist. The kids are not there (not yet). This is an entirely seperate universe where things went the way they were supposed to, in a sense. By that I mean, Jane is the heiress to the Crocker company that she was groomed to run as Nanna in the Pre-Scratch 'verse.

It's kind of confusing but this really isn't that hard.

Lix Lorn
2011-11-23, 08:44 AM
I don't know, though. I hope the autoresponder isn't a recurring gag, but then Hussie kind of knows how to somehow make something I wish weren't a recurring gag funny anyway.
I reckon autoresponder will get prototyped.
Then again, this is WAY too obvious.

RebelRogue
2011-11-23, 09:10 AM
Then again, that's what everyone thought about Bec's prototyping before it actually happened. Damn, Hussie!

Draconi Redfir
2011-11-23, 09:16 AM
Aaaand now John is a statue. lovely.

Guess this means Jade is in an urn above the fireplace?

BRC
2011-11-23, 09:39 AM

Every kid will prototype a Brobot.

Capt. Ido Nos
2011-11-23, 10:17 AM
Aaaand now John is a statue. lovely.

Guess this means Jade is in an urn above the fireplace?
Oh man. Oh man.

What if Jane prototypes Jade's ashes AND Dog Tier Jade when she shows up?

Gez
2011-11-23, 11:12 AM
They should try prototyping the sprites with the other sprites.

Midnight Lurker
2011-11-23, 11:30 AM
They should try prototyping the sprites with the other sprites.

'Sup dawg, I heard you like prototyping so - *is shot repeatedly*

Fayd
2011-11-23, 11:41 AM
With the last name shenanigans as near as I can tell:

Egbert was the name of Nanna's unseen husband, given to Mr. Egbert when he was born, and given to John when Mr. Egbert found him. As the child now raised by Betty Crocker is male, the last name stays in the family, as it were.

The last name Harley came as a mispronunciation of Halley, Nanna and Grandpa's childhood dog/parent/guardian/lusus (which was later used to create Bec, interestingly enough). He gave this name to Jade, his adoptive grandaughter.

Now, we can guess that perhaps Halley doesn't exist this time around, which is why grandma English took a different name. Why English? I don't claim to know at this time.

Draconi Redfir
2011-11-23, 11:57 AM
Probably safe to assume Jade never married so she kept her Crocker last name in this version of the universe.

Gez
2011-11-23, 02:11 PM
Now, we can guess that perhaps Halley doesn't exist this time around, which is why grandma English took a different name. Why English? I don't claim to know at this time.

Probably safe to assume she married which is why she didn't keep her last name of Crocker in this version of the universe.

Androgeus
2011-11-23, 04:17 PM
Probably safe to assume she married which is why she didn't keep her last name of Crocker in this version of the universe.

Or didn't want her grandson to be laden with the Croker name so chose something else for him (which may or may not be related to certain time travelling universe eating demons)

Midnight Lurker
2011-11-24, 12:05 AM
...so the odds that Taxidermy Poppop will lose an eye in the near future are looking pretty darn high, don't you think? :smalleek:

irenicObserver
2011-11-24, 11:50 AM
And it's the opposite arm too. To be honest I was more surprised by the fact that captchalogging physically moves objects.

memnarch
2011-11-24, 12:45 PM
I think this is the best example of how they move objects (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=003920). (hit next a couple times :smallbiggrin:)

Leecros
2011-11-24, 12:53 PM
I've never been one for theorizing about Homestuck, but after rereading the inscription. This part caught my eye.

Its journey will end on the Final Day of my life, and even then will continue some.

This could mean a couple of things now...

Its journey will end on the day Nannasprite dies. Which to me seems kind of odd considering the circumstances, but it's still a possibility.

or

Its journey will end on the day Jane dies.

I'm running very short on time at the moment, so i'm just going to leave this here.

Draconi Redfir
2011-11-24, 05:06 PM
The inscription was put onto the young book, the one John originally had, it was then picked up by grandpa, taken to the baby meteor, grabbed by babyjohn as he was being teleported to a skia-bound rock, traveled back in time, landed on top of and killed Nana with John, was locked in a safe for thirteen years, and was then combined with a bunch of stuff and such.

It's safe to assume the book popop is holding is the same as the one babyjohn held when he was flying towards skia and going back in time, only this time he traveled much more then thirteen years back in time and it was never put into a safe.

The note may infact have absolutely no meaning whatsoever in this universe.

smuchmuch
2011-11-24, 05:45 PM
It might, though.
Or more precisely just the fact that this note exist despite the fact it make no sense in the new context is meaningfull in itself. In that it may be an indication the scratch maybe isn't a perfect 'reboot'.)

Leecros
2011-11-24, 11:06 PM
The inscription was put onto the young book, the one John originally had, it was then picked up by grandpa, taken to the baby meteor, grabbed by babyjohn as he was being teleported to a skia-bound rock, traveled back in time, landed on top of and killed Nana with John, was locked in a safe for thirteen years, and was then combined with a bunch of stuff and such.

It's safe to assume the book popop is holding is the same as the one babyjohn held when he was flying towards skia and going back in time, only this time he traveled much more then thirteen years back in time and it was never put into a safe.

The note may infact have absolutely no meaning whatsoever in this universe.

it's unlikely that Hussie would include it if he wasn't intending to use it in any way.

I'm not saying it's impossible for it to have no meaning as the things are now. I guess it was more of an observation than a theory, but it IS the type of ploy that i could see Hussie utilize. He has a tendency to mislead people and do something different while not necessarily contradicting himself.

Also from a literary point of view. The inscription has been referred to a bit(i don't feel like finding the last time it was mentioned/seen), but now it's being thrust into the spotlight again. I imagine that it's going to have some meaning at some point and based on how long this inscription has been around, it will probably have some magnitude(apparently the death of a character) and i don't see Nannasprite's death having much magnitude at all. I mean she's been essentially absent from the story for quite awhile now. Now with Jane dying though, depending on how much characterization she receives, it could very well have quite a bit of magnitude. Of course he could play it straight and Nannasprite could die near the end of the book's journey.

It could also be a red herring.

Hussie's a rather unpredictable person sometimes. It's just a nuance that i picked up while reading the update.

Fayd
2011-11-25, 10:28 AM
Well, the book is also currently on John's dead non-god body. Which has, presumably, entered the Alpha Kids' Medium.

Tectonic Robot
2011-11-25, 10:43 AM
it's unlikely that Hussie would include it if he wasn't intending to use it in any way.

I'm not saying it's impossible for it to have no meaning as the things are now. I guess it was more of an observation than a theory, but it IS the type of ploy that i could see Hussie utilize. He has a tendency to mislead people and do something different while not necessarily contradicting himself.

Also from a literary point of view. The inscription has been referred to a bit(i don't feel like finding the last time it was mentioned/seen), but now it's being thrust into the spotlight again. I imagine that it's going to have some meaning at some point and based on how long this inscription has been around, it will probably have some magnitude(apparently the death of a character) and i don't see Nannasprite's death having much magnitude at all. I mean she's been essentially absent from the story for quite awhile now. Now with Jane dying though, depending on how much characterization she receives, it could very well have quite a bit of magnitude. Of course he could play it straight and Nannasprite could die near the end of the book's journey.

It could also be a red herring.

Hussie's a rather unpredictable person sometimes. It's just a nuance that i picked up while reading the update.

Perhaps they're going to kill a cat with it? They mentioned that way in the beginning of the story. It's one of the reasons they started playing!

...Maybe they're gunna hit Lord English with it, as well?

TheArsenal
2011-11-25, 06:42 PM
Gasp! Jade looks like Bec noir when wearing that hat-...Pff Im just spouting nonsense!

irenicObserver
2011-11-25, 08:53 PM
I think this is the best example of how they move objects (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=003920). (hit next a couple times :smallbiggrin:)

We all knew items could be launched from the sylladex, it's the basis for weaponizing it. What we didn't know was that the actual act of captchalogging physically moved it that way.

memnarch
2011-11-25, 09:23 PM
We all knew items could be launched from the sylladex, it's the basis for weaponizing it. What we didn't know was that the actual act of captchalogging physically moved it that way.

Wut? We didn't know that captchalogging moved items around? :smallconfused:

irenicObserver
2011-11-25, 09:40 PM
I don't think you're getting what I'm trying to say. I at least didn't know that when you captchalogued something it physically moved in the real world, i.e. when the book moved and ripped of Poppop's arm. I just thought it sorta disappeared when you captchalogued it.

was that a thing that made sense?

Tectonic Robot
2011-11-25, 10:33 PM
Well, that was interesting plot twist. rassafrassan MLP:FIM
So it appears Jake was dead the entire time! What a twist, eh?

Shadow of the Sun
2011-11-25, 11:20 PM
Or it's time shenanigans.

Who knows?

Friv
2011-11-26, 12:29 AM
I'm actually wondering if, in this particular iteration, the Dersites are trying to get a heads-up on the competition by killing off the dreamselves of the players before they get a chance to awaken. It would certainly make the game harder.

Claudius Maximus
2011-11-26, 01:02 AM
They would almost certainly kill the Derse dreamers first then, since they're right there, sleeping helplessly.

Hussie has said that Derse doesn't kill dreamselves because they're "programmed" not to do so, the same way Jack Noir is programmed to be treacherous. They see it as unsporting or something.

Though of course this is some kind of twist so everything is up in the air again. I just think that particular explanation has that flaw.

guttering flame
2011-11-26, 01:54 AM
My guess is that Jake's robot is a parallel to Jade's robot in the previous session. If Jake kills it to get the radioactive battery he will be killing his dream-self. So the dream is prophetic?

Draconi Redfir
2011-11-26, 02:00 AM
Well there is no blood on the body nor visible wounds, so i don’t think it was assassination. Plus there is the "Sburb speed run" thing that was discussed earlier were the game thinks the players were just too slow so it's giving them the tools to play beforehand so they can play faster, perhaps this is the game ensuring the kids get god-teir quickly as well? The Prospitians may be moving the dreamself to the quest-slate in the middle of prospit, so if real-Jake dies, then he will awaken as a god-teir in his already-dead dreamself.

mp122984
2011-11-26, 02:35 AM
Maybe it's just me but I'd find it hilarious if it turned out that that's all they were doing for years, milling around with a dead dream!Jake with nothing better to do.

Midnight Lurker
2011-11-26, 03:11 AM
...Dude.

This situation calls for a second prototyping = dead dreamself gambit.

(If Jake's first prototyping could somehow manage to be Jane's taxidermy!Poppop, thus eventually resulting in God Tier Jake with Poppop!John's memories and skills... how crazy would that be?)

Draconi Redfir
2011-11-26, 06:45 AM
Hmm i unno... What do you guys think each of the player's pre-entry prototyping will be? I mean we don't know that much about half of em, but could at least fathom a guess.

My guess would beee....

Jane: one or both of the bunnys, possibly Strider's "strange" bunny.

Jake: Brobot chaisis? Compu-English outfit?

Lalonde: Dead Mutie most likely.

Strider: That half-built robot?

Radar
2011-11-26, 08:50 AM
We are still missing an important piece of the puzzle - what happened to Rose's cat (Jasper), when he told her his secret? I think we will see him at some point in this session just as we see John's book right now. I'm also curious, how grandpa Harley (from Beta universe) entered the Medium.

As for the prototyping, each human player so far used a family member
(either dead or a copy of themselves) and I guess the trend would be maintained.

Wild guess: PipeFan (if I remember the handle corectly) is Alpha-verse Dad!

Draconi Redfir
2011-11-26, 09:37 AM
Pipefan is beta-verse dad.

Radar
2011-11-26, 10:07 AM
Pipefan is beta-verse dad.
Then the FedoraFreak guy or, how he was named - I can't find those conversations in the archives.

irenicObserver
2011-11-26, 11:44 AM
Hmm, I wonder what kind of powers the Gent of Piss has anyway.

RebelRogue
2011-11-26, 12:13 PM
We are still missing an important piece of the puzzle - what happened to Rose's cat (Jasper), when he told her his secret? I think we will see him at some point in this session just as we see John's book right now.
It's a widely held theory, that Jasper was in the Alpha universe while he was disappearified. And he's also hypothesized to be an ingredient in the Alpha Doc Scratch (his head fits with the cueball shape). In this light, the whole "You decide to consult with the Colonel's bottomless wisdom. Good grief this thing is huge. It could kill a cat if you dropped it" is rather interesting.

Lix Lorn
2011-11-26, 01:53 PM
I expect Strider to prototype with his autoresponder.

Gez
2011-11-26, 02:00 PM
I expect Strider to prototype with his autoresponder.

I actually expect the autoresponder to prototype Strider. The glasses will ride a brobot chassis and do all the adventuring anyway; while Stridersprite will just remain in the shower stall till the end; entirely oblivious to having been spritified and shifted into a different world full of threats and wonders.

Radar
2011-11-26, 02:40 PM
I actually expect the autoresponder to prototype Strider. The glasses will ride a brobot chassis and do all the adventuring anyway; while Stridersprite will just remain in the shower stall till the end; entirely oblivious to having been spritified and shifted into a different world full of threats and wonders.
This is both insane, awesome and consistent with things presented so far. Wait... verily that is three things.

Similiar solution would be: You poor misguided fools... *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*

Lix Lorn
2011-11-26, 03:08 PM
...I would be okay with this. xD

TheArsenal
2011-11-26, 04:01 PM
Still, wasn't there talk of the trolls bringing the Beta kids into trollverse?

And where was Jade going?

Fawkes
2011-11-26, 10:51 PM
Wild guess: PipeFan (if I remember the handle corectly) is Alpha-verse Dad!

PipeFan413 is John's dad.

LoneStarNorth
2011-11-27, 12:14 AM
Still, wasn't there talk of the trolls bringing the Beta kids into trollverse?

And where was Jade going?

The idea was to bring the trolls and the kids into the post-scratch Sburb session. The detonation of the green sun (or its creation, as it turned out) would provide a beacon for the trolls to navigate towards, and then Jade was going to be in charge of leading them from there to the new session, because she knew to escape through the fourth wall. And from there they would head into the new universe once it's created.

Tectonic Robot
2011-11-27, 12:57 AM
It Was Jake! The Entire Time! The Pumpkins!

Oh My Lord This Is So Exciting!

irenicObserver
2011-11-27, 01:27 AM
So, like Aradia, Jake was dead before entry. I expect he won't even have a tower since he "doesn't belong with the other players". Who keeps killing the post-scratch dream selves (specifically the ones that have an interest in archaeology and discovery?)? That's an interesting question I can't wait to see answered.

Qaera
2011-11-27, 02:18 AM
Is that... Vatican City?

~ ♅

memnarch
2011-11-27, 02:21 AM
So, like Aradia, Jake was dead before entry. I expect he won't even have a tower since he "doesn't belong with the other players". Who keeps killing the post-scratch dream selves (specifically the ones that have an interest in archaeology and discovery?)? That's an interesting question I can't wait to see answered.

Why do you think Jake is dead? (not just dreamself dead)

Inyssius Tor
2011-11-27, 02:30 AM

Was Aradia's dream self dead? She only ascended once Bec Noir nuked it.

Midnight Lurker
2011-11-27, 02:33 AM
WHAT THE FLAMING BLUE SMURF IS THAT THING IN THE WOODS BEHIND JAKE :smalleek:

...is the First Guardian of Alpha-Earth somehow Karkat's lusus?!

Inyssius Tor
2011-11-27, 02:38 AM

What? No, of course not. That doesn't look anything like Karkat's lusus.

Draconi Redfir
2011-11-27, 04:52 AM

Objection (http://clysmian.tumblr.com/post/13387504043/frighteous-wtf-ru-doin-back-there)

But yeah it's probably not the first guardian, Jake has said there are multiple beasties on the island, earthscratch might not even be on said island.

irenicObserver
2011-11-27, 10:47 AM
Why do you think Jake is dead? (not just dreamself dead)
I never said the real Jake was dead, I thought my context was clear.

Was Aradia's dream self dead? She only ascended once Bec Noir nuked it.

The only fact we have to go on is that her dreamself had the same tattered clothing she did as a ghost. Also, all players that died or were destroyed on the back up bed in the center of the planet have ascended, but that's rather arbitrary. If the latter is not true does it really matter if she was dead or not?

Fawkes
2011-11-27, 10:58 AM
WHAT THE FLAMING BLUE SMURF IS THAT THING IN THE WOODS BEHIND JAKE :smalleek:

Oh god I just saw it.

TheArsenal
2011-11-27, 01:39 PM
So the Trolls are on earth now?

Androgeus
2011-11-27, 02:38 PM
So the Trolls are on earth now?

Well a creature that is similar to one of the lusus' species is.

Inyssius Tor
2011-11-27, 03:20 PM
The only fact we have to go on is that her dreamself had the same tattered clothing she did as a ghost.

Dream-selves are affected by the way you see yourself, alive or dead; look at Terezi's red shades for another example of sartorial choice bleeding over into Skaia.

Also, all players that died or were destroyed on the back up bed in the center of the planet have ascended, but that's rather arbitrary. If the latter is not true does it really matter if she was dead or not?

As far as the mechanics of the game are concerned, perhaps not.

That said, you're the one who asked "who keeps killing the post-scratch dream selves?" I would think you would find it relevant if half of your sample was alive all along.

Draconi Redfir
2011-11-28, 03:06 AM
Just posting Two (http://homestuckheadcanons.tumblr.com/post/13436340112) Things (http://clysmian.tumblr.com/post/13439509860/bigbangbonus-since-my-headcanon-was-posted-i) relevent to what's being discussed right now.

Who knows, might have actually been what happened.

BRC
2011-11-28, 09:25 AM
Alright, explanations.
1: Jake is a ghost, he just doesn't know it (Unlikely, Aradia seemed to only interact with objects via Telekinesis).
2: Somehow his dreamself died before the game even began, potentially due to the Beta Kid's shenanigans.
3: Post-Scratch sessions have at least one dead dreamself before the game begins.

Lix Lorn
2011-11-28, 12:51 PM
Just posting Two (http://homestuckheadcanons.tumblr.com/post/13436340112) Things (http://clysmian.tumblr.com/post/13439509860/bigbangbonus-since-my-headcanon-was-posted-i) relevent to what's being discussed right now.

Who knows, might have actually been what happened.
Like this headcanon.

Capt. Ido Nos
2011-11-28, 01:19 PM
Oh god I just saw it.

Saw what? I don't see anyth-WHOA MY GAWSH D8

irenicObserver
2011-11-28, 05:30 PM
That said, you're the one who asked "who keeps killing the post-scratch dream selves?" I would think you would find it relevant if half of your sample was alive all along.

Oh, ok it sounded like you were asking me.

Lateral
2011-11-28, 09:55 PM
Hmm. Looks like in the Alpha Universe, Rose (or Rose's mom, or Rose's paradox-sister-twin, or something; I'm not... quite sure how this scratch worked) types like Dave. I wonder if 'Dave' types with perfect diction.

irenicObserver
2011-11-28, 10:00 PM
Dave typed like that? :smallconfused:

Lateral
2011-11-28, 10:12 PM
Dave typed like that? :smallconfused:

Well, no, not exactly like that, but he certainly... avoided capital letters and proper punctuation well enough. It isn't a perfect fit, I just think it might be an interesting reversal.

Midnight Lurker
2011-11-29, 12:09 AM
Okay yeah that is DEFINITELY a Giant Enemy Crabdad. :smalleek:

Inyssius Tor
2011-11-29, 02:25 AM

I AM SO SMART

Midnight Lurker
2011-11-29, 03:03 AM
Now is that simply a larger example of that lusus species than Karkat's crabdad, or are trolls really like thirty feet tall?

EDIT: damn Hussie's fast with the Jossing.

empressenvy asked:

Are the trolls bigger than humans?

No. They are the same size.

This was never a good theory. A funny theory maybe. But false. There is a great deal of evidence in the story which contradicts this idea. Citing only one: Cal is the same size relative to both.

Draconi Redfir
2011-11-29, 06:30 AM
Ten gold says Jake gives it a hug or something.

TheArsenal
2011-11-29, 07:23 AM
What adult version of the kids are you guys exited to see the most?
Its adult Dave for me.

Hes either an expert on robotics (Hense why his bro knows so much)

Or a movie producer in a black business suit. So he fights with one hand, answering calls with his other.

RebelRogue
2011-11-29, 10:05 AM
Hmm, Mom is using an awful lot of troll culture references/terms.

BRC
2011-11-29, 10:26 AM
Until I see evidence to the contrary, I'm going to assume that Lalonde's references to troll culture are just her being drunk and silly/ hussie messing with us. Same with Jakes LE gear.

irenicObserver
2011-11-29, 11:09 AM
Is Lalonde just drunk crazy again or do Jake's computers really have propaganda programming?
If I had access to ectobiological technology, I would make my own Doc Scratch with the codes: shooshdoofpapnakMEOWCROAK

Shadow of the Sun
2011-11-29, 11:47 AM
Well, we know Granny English made a corporation rather than inherit Crocker corp; the computer tech that Jake uses is made by that corporation.

Also, we know that Lord English seems to prefer more...mature...women.

irenicObserver
2011-11-29, 11:58 AM
Doc Scratch was making his moves on the ladies pre-scratch.

tyckspoon
2011-11-29, 12:03 PM
Is Lalonde just drunk crazy again or do Jake's computers really have propaganda programming?

No way to know, really. We haven't seen it from Jake's perspective when he's wearing that silly helmet. It's not obviously Crocker-branded, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Until I see evidence to the contrary, I'm going to assume that Lalonde's references to troll culture are just her being drunk and silly/ hussie messing with us.

A troll being in charge of this universes' primary megacorp isn't evidence enough? I don't think there are trolls sharing the space with them, yet, but I think there certainly is exposure to troll culture.. there's probably, like, Crocker-corp produced soap operas and teen dramas revolving around the romance quadrants.

Lix Lorn
2011-11-29, 12:17 PM
A troll being in charge of this universes' primary megacorp isn't evidence enough? I don't think there are trolls sharing the space with them, yet, but I think there certainly is exposure to troll culture.. there's probably, like, Crocker-corp produced soap operas and teen dramas revolving around the romance quadrants.
I would pay boonbucks to see Troll Friends. Or Troll Scrubs.

Shadow of the Sun
2011-11-29, 01:07 PM
Doc Scratch was making his moves on the ladies pre-scratch.

Yup. And you'll notice that he generally made his moves on younger women. The trolls, Rose.

Meanwhile, Lord English uses older women- like Her Imperial Condescension, for example.

That'd be something he'd do, really- having his agent run a company, and creating a company to challenge the first by another agent.

TheArsenal
2011-11-29, 01:10 PM
Wasn't there something about Jhon Marrying rose somewhere too?

BRC
2011-11-29, 01:22 PM
I believe you are referring to Karkat's legendary Shipping Chart.

TheArsenal
2011-11-29, 01:24 PM
I believe you are referring to Karkat's legendary Shipping Chart.

It was a shipping chart? I thought it was a future prediction or something.

Friv
2011-11-29, 01:32 PM
It was a shipping chart? I thought it was a future prediction or something.

It was a "prediction" based on the idea that there were only four humans left in the world, and John and Jade were siblings and thus couldn't marry. Therefore, John and Rose was the only option, as was Dave and Jade.

Draconi Redfir
2011-11-29, 01:56 PM

To be fair we don't ACTUALLY know its the Condecince, it's just very, VERRRRY heavily implied :P

irenicObserver
2011-11-29, 02:58 PM

Now post-scratch, everyone is free to reproduce with anyone they choose.

Do any latin speakers out there know what Ira quod Angelus means?

Draconi Redfir
2011-11-29, 04:31 PM
Now post-scratch, everyone is free to reproduce with anyone they choose.

Assuming Ectobiology didn't change somehow. wich is pretty unlikely granted, but you never know.

Gez
2011-11-29, 04:34 PM

Not a Latin speaker so I can't help for the declensions and any meaning that they might provide; but ira is wrath, as in Dies ira for wrath of God (cf. irate in English), quod is "that which" as in "quod erat demonstrandum" (QED); and Angelus is angel I suppose.

So it might have been the intent of the guy to mean "that which angers angels" but I have no real idea.

AgentPaper
2011-11-29, 04:42 PM
Not a Latin speaker so I can't help for the declensions and any meaning that they might provide; but ira is wrath, as in Dies ira for wrath of God (cf. irate in English), quod is "that which" as in "quod erat demonstrandum" (QED); and Angelus is angel I suppose.

So it might have been the intent of the guy to mean "that which angers angels" but I have no real idea.

So, Eridan?

Capt. Ido Nos
2011-11-29, 04:49 PM
Wait, where is this latin lesson coming from? I think I missed something here :smallconfused:

Trobby
2011-11-29, 05:23 PM
Andrew answers more questions. Mostly about shirts and the size of trolls. Obvious Fat Vriska jokes abound. (http://mspandrew.tumblr.com/)

Fayd
2011-11-29, 05:44 PM

Well, my legal dictionary seems to imply that quod means simply "That" so ... "Wrath that angels?" "Angels that wrath?"

I put it through google translate and got "Anger than an angel"
So... dunno. Was it part of a longer phrase?

BRC
2011-11-29, 05:47 PM
Well, my legal dictionary seems to imply that quod means simply "That" so ... "Wrath that angels?" "Angels that wrath?"

I put it through google translate and got "Anger than an angel"
So... dunno. Was it part of a longer phrase?

Probably "Wrath and Angels", as in Eridan's Land.

Also, I just realized, Jake just got revenge against Tavros for killing him in the Betaverse.

irenicObserver
2011-11-29, 05:53 PM
Wait, where is this latin lesson coming from? I think I missed something here :smallconfused:

It's a fan track Ira Quod Angelus (http://homestuckgaiden.bandcamp.com/track/ira-quod-angelus) also possibly a reference to Rex Duodecim Angelus.

Lateral
2011-11-29, 06:15 PM
Also, I just realized, Jake just got revenge against Tavros for killing him in the Betaverse.

Heh. I guess he did, didn't he.

Fawkes
2011-11-29, 07:13 PM
Wait, when did Tavros kill Jake?

Also, I thought this was Betaverse. What verse are we in?

Fayd
2011-11-29, 07:17 PM
This current one, with Jane and Jake is getting called the Alpha 'verse because it's SBURB Alpha.

The one with John and Jade is the Beta 'verse because of SBURB Beta.

Lateral
2011-11-29, 07:23 PM
Wait, when did Tavros kill Jake?

In the Betaverse, he accidentally killed Jade's grandfather. Said grandfather is Jake in the Alphaverse.

Wait, are there Alphaverse versions of the trolls, or are the Alphaverse versions the ones that originally caused a scratch leading to the Betaverse? Or are there just no Alphaverse trolls at all?

Shadow of the Sun
2011-11-29, 07:35 PM
One of the things that seems to divide the fans a bit is Gamzee and whether he should be forgiven. Does anyone have any opinion on this?

While Gamzee certainly has to answer for it to an extent, I think the real fault was Karkat's for being such a crappy morail. Equius is a bit of a jerk, yes, but without Nepeta he'd have been even worse, and after Feferi un-morailed Eridan he did an acrobatic freakin' swan dive off the handle.

Admittedly, Karkat probably didn't know he needed to be a good morail coz Gamzee was stoned off his mind, but...

Claudius Maximus
2011-11-29, 10:07 PM
Ira quod Angelus means?

Angelus can only be the subject. Ira is either a command, also the subject, or ablative (by/with/from/than, among other less likely choices). Quod is either "that which," "which" (perhaps in an interrogative sense) or "because."

So... gibberish?

irenicObserver
2011-11-29, 11:11 PM
In the Betaverse, he accidentally killed Jade's grandfather. Said grandfather is Jake in the Alphaverse.

Wait, are there Alphaverse versions of the trolls, or are the Alphaverse versions the ones that originally caused a scratch leading to the Betaverse? Or are there just no Alphaverse trolls at all?

There are no Alpha trolls, the trolls are the Alpha players of their session, and unless the scratch is a massive reboot across all universes I don't think they restarted, had a new session and created the universe. But then again, who know? (to be honest I don't think the second half of your sentence is a thing that makes sense)

Can Bilious Slick frogs have multiple children or is it a single lineage? Does paradox space being all timey-wimey && spacey-wacey make the former moot?

Capt. Ido Nos
2011-11-30, 12:21 AM
One of the things that seems to divide the fans a bit is Gamzee and whether he should be forgiven. Does anyone have any opinion on this?

While Gamzee certainly has to answer for it to an extent, I think the real fault was Karkat's for being such a crappy morail. Equius is a bit of a jerk, yes, but without Nepeta he'd have been even worse, and after Feferi un-morailed Eridan he did an acrobatic freakin' swan dive off the handle.

Admittedly, Karkat probably didn't know he needed to be a good morail coz Gamzee was stoned off his mind, but...
And to be fair, Gamzee was the calm half of the equation before the stupor slime ran out.

irenicObserver
2011-11-30, 12:31 AM
I think the best fan theory is: Lalonde appearifies Jaspers (and he dies somehow) and his slime is used with the Magic Cue Ball and a BARK code to create Cat Scratch.

Shadow of the Sun
2011-11-30, 01:15 AM
...well, that was unexpected.

And kind of creepy.

Still, we get to see the brobunny...

BRC
2011-11-30, 10:47 AM
And to be fair, Gamzee was the calm half of the equation before the stupor slime ran out.
Eh, Stoned Gamzee probably didn't have enough force of personality to be an effective Moirail, then again, Karkat was never really in need of a Moirail, most of his abrasive personality came from insecurity due to his blood color, rather than violent tendencies.
Really, of the Trolls we know (Pre Sober-Gamzee), the only real <> relationships are Equius/Nepeta (My belief is that Equius was actually the stabilizing force there. He Seems more violent, but in their relationship he was the one giving the orders, and Nepeta was far more violence-happy (She had to get those paints from somewhere)), Kanaya/Vriska, and Feferi/Eridan.

Friv
2011-11-30, 01:03 PM

Gamzee isn't a human - this really needs to be taken into account for the subject matter.

When Karkat and Equius discussed Gamzee becoming sober, Equius made it very clear that psychotic rampages were a common part of the process for trolls of Gamzee's blood type, and that they were usually handled very carefully and delicately because of that. Without the resources to do this, it is entirely possible that a minimum of one murder was essentially inevitable. Karkat had the resources to stop this rampage, but he didn't have the knowledge that it was possible to do so until he took a very big risk (which worked).

With that in mind, I think the whole thing could reasonably be chalked up to being a horrible, tragic accident. Trolls are ultra-aggressive not just socially, but physically. They literally have a form of romance based on hatred, which is required for their species to survive. A lot of the things that they do can, in fact, be excused because of this.

Really, of the Trolls we know (Pre Sober-Gamzee), the only real <> relationships are Equius/Nepeta (My belief is that Equius was actually the stabilizing force there. He Seems more violent, but in their relationship he was the one giving the orders, and Nepeta was far more violence-happy (She had to get those paints from somewhere)), Kanaya/Vriska, and Feferi/Eridan.

I think in a functioning moirail relationship, both trolls are supposed to restrain each other, but I'm not totally sure about that. I feel like one of the reasons that Equius and Nepeta worked so well together was that they did just that; each one looked out for and restrained the other when necessary.

Trobby
2011-11-30, 03:49 PM
It is worth noting that, without Equius keeping her on the track to being a well-mannered young lady, she would likely be far more feral and violent.

Which, in fact, is exactly what she did when she saw Equius die.

Not to suggest that she should have been complacent in Gamzee's massacre, but consider that she would be exactly this feral and wild all of the time if she did not have to worry about Equius's approval.

She would likely have been culled, if not in defense from a more powerful and combat-trained troll or from revenge for her attacks, then for her inability to politely associate with those who expect some modicum of civility.

It is by no means the "fun" side to be on in moirailligiance, but it is nevertheless just as important.

Sipex
2011-11-30, 04:41 PM
A friend of mine just caught up and came up with the following theory.

UraniumUmbra is some sort of incarnation of Rose (be it Beta Rose, Adult Rose or whatever)

Why? Well the beta kids handles (except John, who changed his) are all based off combinations of nucleotides used in DNA. These are Adenine (A), Thymine (T), Guanine (G) and Cytosine (C).

So, besides John who changed his (EB) we have Dave (TG), Rose (TT) and Jade (GG).

Now, U doesn't exist in DNA when observed this way, however, we take a look at RNA. RNA uses the same nucleotides EXCEPT Thymine (T) is swapped with Urinal (U).

If we do that, Rose's handle changes to UU.

He's not sure where Uranium could fit in yet but Umbra could be Rose purposefully contradicting her Hero or light status OR it could be a reference to her going grimdark.

irenicObserver
2011-11-30, 04:47 PM
I'm not sure one can say she acted more feral after he died since that's pretty much how she's always acted (pouncing and whatnot). I'd say that while she is feral, she's pretty nice for a troll and Equius benefitted more from the relationship as highbloods have a greater tendency to rage and frankly Equius would have a number of things to rage about with his STRENGTH.

Now Gamzee...I don't care about the objective facts, Gamzee is awesome and makes me laugh* so I say he should be forgiven (and it's not like he was in his right mind anyway)

It's kind of like what this one guy said, that you could be sitting next to a jerkass psychopath and not care as long as he made you laugh (referring to the Joker) :thog:

EDIT:(to be honest with you I have a lot to get out so sorry if this isn't very coherent or logical)

tyckspoon
2011-11-30, 04:50 PM
A friend of mine just caught up and came up with the following theory.

UraniumUmbra is some sort of incarnation of Rose (be it Beta Rose, Adult Rose or whatever)

Interesting idea, but it requires completely ignoring that UU's communications so far are absurdly out of character for Rose. Also UU is/was a Prospit dreamer.

Derjuin
2011-11-30, 05:40 PM

It's really difficult to say, and since we haven't really seen him doing stuff since Karkat gave him a big hug (besides inviting Tavros over for sloppy pbj makeouts i think?), I don't think I can give a concrete opinion. I think him feeling remorse of some kind (more than something like 'sOrRy BrO i GuEsS i JuSt SpAcEd OuT fOr A sEcOnd Do:') would be required for me to forgive him.

My wild-n-wacky partially incoherently-made fan theory for UU is that she is either Karkat or Karkat's ancestor pre-Alternian-scratch (weren't the ancestors and the young trolls originally all together as one group, and then the scratch not only flipped them, but separated them by a large span of years?) who changed her handle and might be transgender (M->F).

AgentPaper
2011-11-30, 05:43 PM
Problem is we know that Karkat's ancestor is male, and UU is apparently female.

irenicObserver
2011-11-30, 05:51 PM
but then there is the whole uranian part of his/her screenname and the history behind that.

Derjuin
2011-11-30, 05:53 PM
Problem is we know that Karkat's ancestor is male, and UU is apparently female.

Basically what Irenic said/I ended my last post with; Uranian could refer to the 19th century usage of the word (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uranian) which included gender variants and other fun stuff.

Gez
2011-11-30, 07:00 PM
Now, U doesn't exist in DNA when observed this way, however, we take a look at RNA. RNA uses the same nucleotides EXCEPT Thymine (T) is swapped with Urinal (U).

The word you wanted to use was Uracil; unless you need to pee of course.

Also, if we go from DNA to RNA, don't forget that they're reversed. Where the DNA says Thymine, the RNA says Adenine. So you could just as well as UU is AA -- Aradia Megido -- from a mirror universe.

Also if you come back a few pages ago you'll find a post of mine where I talk about UU, Karkat, Rose and Aradia. We're basically just repeating my points from then.

Draconi Redfir
2011-11-30, 07:07 PM
The trolls and ancestors were never together in one session, they just switched places.

My personal theory for UU is that she's a descendent of the trolls/kids in whatever universe the kids create. Most likely scenario IMO since she’s a troll, not any we've seen, and stated to be in a separate universe. and as far as i know, inter-universe communication requires the two universi to be parent and chid.

RebelRogue
2011-11-30, 07:11 PM
The trolls and ancestors were never together in one session, they just switched places.
:smallconfused: There's both trolls and ancestors in post-scratch Alternia (and nothing seems to indicate this isn't also true of the pre-scratch one).

Shadow of the Sun
2011-11-30, 07:12 PM
Regarding Nepeta and Equius: Nepeta might have been a lot more feral without him, but I'm not so sure. From what we've seen, the green bloods as a whole have something the rest of the trolls don't, which is actual sanity. Kanaya is the only troll Karkat seems to respect without reservations due to being the sanest; Terezi, while being a bit brutal and obsessed with law, does generally have the belief that she can't murder someone for no reason, unlike Vriska, Gamzee, and Eridan, and is pretty much all there in the head, and Nepeta, while brutally murdering the beasts of Alternia seems to be more interested in shipping and RP than murdering people.

Draconi Redfir
2011-11-30, 07:25 PM
:smallconfused: There's both trolls and ancestors in post-scratch Alternia (and nothing seems to indicate this isn't also true of the pre-scratch one).

In Alternia yes, but not playing the game itself.

From what we've seen there’s a simple pattern, X number of players 1/2 of which is male and 1/2 of which is female (or evenly split with whatever genders may exist i.e. one third male one third female one third incubate for a tri-gendered species) and they are the ones who play the game. there are also X number of parents matching the gender-split who also exist, they may enter the medium with the players, but they themselves are not players (Unless a Scratch has/will happen(d)). Most likely their role is in either providing genetic information/diversity of the players, and/or guiding the players in any way they can to ensure they fulfil their role in the game, even if the parent is not aware of it.

And yes I know I am using the word gender wrong, I just prefer it to the proper word because of reasons.

RebelRogue
2011-11-30, 07:39 PM
In Alternia yes, but not playing the game itself.
Ah... I see. :smallredface:

Derjuin
2011-11-30, 08:46 PM
Terezi, while being a bit brutal and obsessed with law, does generally have the belief that she can't murder someone for no reason,

Remember that Alternian law is pretty corrupt, and I would place bets on it being rather draconian as well. I'm fairly certain Terezi says something about it herself back near her intro; something along the lines of "guilty until proven innocent".

unlike Vriska,

oh hi can of worms (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/e1/TheRoomMovie.jpg/225px-TheRoomMovie.jpg)

I'm pretty sure Karkat called both of them psychoes playing murder mindgames before, when he was talking to Dave/John in the same memo. Also, I don't know if you remember them (most people seem to have skipped them or forgot them?), but the conversations between John and Vriska just after she kills Tavros tell us that she does have a reason for practically all of the murders that took place on Alternia. "If I don't feed her, she would eat me, or die and then I'd be culled" sounds like a pretty good reason to me, considering the circumstances and society.

She had a lot of things going on in her head (ego issues, legacy/social expectations/anxiety issues, anger, depression and impulse control, probably more), but I wouldn't label her "insane". It's actually hard to label any of the trolls as "insane", but I think "down to earth" would fit Kanaya and possibly the other bourgeois-and-below bloods.

S'just my opinion though. Feel free to ignore and all that jazz.

Fawkes
2011-11-30, 09:04 PM
Personally, I don't think it's a matter of whether they needed to punished or forgiven - Eridan and Vriska were killed because they were liabilities, and were going to continue endangering the others. Eridan had given up and was going to sell them out to Jack Noir, and anyone who might have been able to talk him out of it was already dead. Vriska was going to get herself killed by Jack, and inadvertently lead him back to the others, and Terezi wasn't able to stop her non-violently.

Gamzee, on the other hand, simply went crazy. Karkat clearly thinks he can be rehabilitated, and won't continue to be a threat. Whether this turns out to be true or not, we have yet to see. Personally, I wouldn't feel too comfortable around Gamzee anytime soon.

memnarch
2011-11-30, 10:49 PM
Whelp. That's pretty much confirmation of what's going to happen with this session ya?

Inyssius Tor
2011-12-01, 12:24 AM
Whelp. That's pretty much confirmation of what's going to happen with this session ya?

Huh?

character limit wonders what you're talking about

Midnight Lurker
2011-12-01, 12:24 AM
Eight towers around that frog temple. Hmmmm.

Oracle_Hunter
2011-12-01, 12:31 AM
Eight towers around that frog temple. Hmmmm.
...this is going to be a joint session -- with Trolls & Kids playing one game.

We can see that the Trolls are being much friendlier, and lots of Alternia-stuff bleeding over to the Scratchverse. The Trolls haven't started their game yet either, and plan to play concurrently with the Kids.

This I have Foretold :smallcool:

Midnight Lurker
2011-12-01, 01:24 AM
...this is going to be a joint session -- with Trolls & Kids playing one game.

We can see that the Trolls are being much friendlier, and lots of Alternia-stuff bleeding over to the Scratchverse. The Trolls haven't started their game yet either, and plan to play concurrently with the Kids.

It could be that there's a second frog temple somewhere on Earth and this will be another Mobius Double Reacharound with SIXTEEN players. :smallbiggrin:

TheArsenal
2011-12-01, 01:41 AM
Oooh. Dragon in the background.

mp122984
2011-12-01, 01:57 AM
It could be that there's a second frog temple somewhere on Earth and this will be another Mobius Double Reacharound with SIXTEEN players. :smallbiggrin:

Crazy speculation corollary: One frog temple, and the eight players will be post-scratch kids, post-scratch Dad, Rose, and Dave, and UU.

Crazier speculation corollary: Said sixteen players will be the prescratch-kids, the prescratch trolls (minus sollux), the post-scratch kids, and post-scratch Dad, Rose, and Dave.

Draconi Redfir
2011-12-01, 08:40 AM
orrrr more likely Jake Jane Strider and Lalonde + John Jade Dave and Rose from pre-scratch.

Lix Lorn
2011-12-01, 09:13 AM
Hope so. xD
MOAR CHARACTERS

Fayd
2011-12-01, 11:14 AM
Now, is the ninth pillar we see the one for Derse? Because I'm counting nine... I think that's right. I wonder though: What happens to the battlefield that Jade is bringing?

Draconi Redfir
2011-12-01, 11:18 AM
Now, is the ninth pillar we see the one for Derse? Because I'm counting nine... I think that's right. I wonder though: What happens to the battlefield that Jade is bringing?

The frog on the temple represents skia, the temple then has a small brantch popping out of one side to represent Prospit. Then sepperate towers circle the frog to represent the lands, and finally one lone tower beyond the land towers to represent derse. So yes the 9th piller is for derse.

memnarch
2011-12-01, 11:19 AM

The one we can't see is Prospit, just based on looking at the past frog temples. It should be right next to the frog in the middle.

Capt. Ido Nos
2011-12-01, 11:27 AM
Question: what do we think would happen if Bro Strider prototypes with Davesprite?

BRC
2011-12-01, 11:33 AM
Question: what do we think would happen if Bro Strider prototypes with Davesprite?

THEORY:
Adult Dave will Die, bro will prototype him. He will then get double-prototyped with a Seagoat.

He will then Bleat.

RebelRogue
2011-12-01, 01:02 PM
The one we can't see is Prospit, just based on looking at the past frog temples. It should be right next to the frog in the middle.
Good to know it's not just me being blind. I wondered about the missing Prospit too.

Draconi Redfir
2011-12-01, 01:30 PM
probably just crumbled off due to age, has happened before.

irenicObserver
2011-12-01, 05:34 PM
Jake is basically the kid from Jurassic Park alone on the island. Is it weird that I want my own Fairy bull and Arthour?

I thought you were supposed to be hunting Oracles...place your gun to your head now.

It depends, we don't know if sprite can be prototyped a third time.

EDIT: For reference http://images.wikia.com/mspaintadventures/images/d/d0/Troll_Frog_Temple.gif

EDIT 2x COMBO: From the mspa wiki

The presence of lusus-like frightening fauna in the jungle surrounding Jake's house strongly suggests that lusi are members of various species unique to, and ubiquitous among, post-Scratch universes
I would say from either the influence of Lord English or Doc Scratch. What better way to prepare players to play Sburb than get them used to fighting deadly monsters? FLARPing would also help in that respect (am i the only one that noticed a similarity between FLARP encounter constructs and Underlings (specifically Liches)?

Also, spoiled for idiocyI'm so stupid, Jane has Frightening Beasts on her bedsheets which not only are fictional monsters from Problem Sleuth but are even imaginary in Problem Sleuth, while Jake's frightening fauna are like the frightening beast of Problem Sleuth. Why I never noticed that

Midnight Lurker
2011-12-02, 03:08 AM
Update, and yeah Grandpa just got eye-gouged. And here's Bro at last!

Shadow of the Sun
2011-12-02, 04:52 AM
Oh Bro, I love you so much.

From what I can see he's a combination of all the goods things of Dave and Rose.

Tectonic Robot
2011-12-02, 08:56 AM
>Tectonic Robot: Contribute meaningfully to the thread.

You cannot do it. You cannot contribute meaningfully.

So, uh, guys... what do you think is going on with Jack and the Prospitian Monarch right now?

irenicObserver
2011-12-02, 10:58 AM
So, is Hussie done with the whole XX XY symbolism?

Inyssius Tor
2011-12-02, 11:06 AM
So, is Hussie done with the whole XX XY symbolism?

I don't know what you're talking about but if you're asking if Hussie is going to stop using a recurring motif of some sort then the answer is no, that will never happen.