PDA

View Full Version : The Trials of blood-Mouse.

Kaim_the_angel
2011-08-18, 05:20 PM
Darkness is all you see for a moment, then with a sudden crack you are hurled into a room filled with light, the sound of gears and the clash of metal is heavy in the air as you pull yourself from the cold wooden floor.
You stand on a platform, which is surrounded by gears, whiring and clanking into place with one another. Above you a large bell hangs precariously and to your left a massive clock face is apparant, your position is evident, you are currently stood within a grand clocktower.
On the Platform with you are a series of items, a bed, a work table, a small chest and several misselanious items and tools.
The letter you were handed lies on the ground beside you, along with your card which still bears a large VIII, the small box is still intact as well.....unlike the stone, which seems to have disintergrated into a fine powder on the ground.
Apart from the sounds of the gears it is completly silent here, not a soul is nearby.

Gamblerjoe
2011-08-18, 06:15 PM
Mouse remains silent, but in his head, his inner monologue is chattering away. The game was clear, and he knew that if he were to survive over all of his opponents, he would have to strike quickly and decisively. Victory would not be enough. A crushing, dominating victory over these disgusting, disdainful, squishy flesh bags is the only suitable outcome.

there is only room for one rodent here. sand rat, and hamster, it is time to meet your gruesome end...

Mouse's first order of business is to cast Nondetection on himselfCaster Level: 19
Duration: 19 hours

Anyone attempting to use any divination spell or object that functions as a divination spell must succeed on a DC 34 caster level check (15+mouse's caster level). All of Mouse's gear is warded as well.

The next thing he does is remove his mask and cast Disguise Self, to make himself look like a halfling.Caster Level: 19
Duration: 190 minutes

Next, he casts Locate Creature. "Show me the way to the one who calls himself Sand Rat." He visualizes the figure with the mask bearing paw prints.Caster level: 19
Range: 1920 ft.

Having been in the same room as all of my opponents, I can now make them the target of this spell. As long as the selected creature is in range, I will know their location and the direction they are moving.

Caster Level Check (if he is warded with nondetection or some other abjuration):

Next he casts Overland Flight.Caster Level: 19

I can fly at a speed of 40 feet.

Finally he casts Invisibility and begins his search for his target.Caster Level: 19
Duration: 19 minutes

Mouse leaves his home base as stealthily as possible and takes to the skies. He flies around in an ever widening circle until he locates his quarry.Stealth checks while leaving the clock tower:
Hide: [roll1]
Move Silently: [roll]+31

Mouse flies in order to avoid making any noise at all. If he has to open a door, he tries to do it as quietly as possible. If there is any way out that does not require him to use a door he takes it. His escape artist is good enough for him to fit through a 1-foot hole without any chance of failing.

Kaim_the_angel
2011-08-18, 06:28 PM
Mouse remains silent, but in his head, his inner monologue is chattering away. The game was clear, and he knew that if he were to survive over all of his opponents, he would have to strike quickly and decisively. Victory would not be enough. A crushing, dominating victory over these disgusting, disdainful, squishy flesh bags is the only suitable outcome.

there is only room for one rodent here. sand rat, and hamster, it is time to meet your gruesome end...

Mouse's first order of business is to cast Nondetection on himselfCaster Level: 19

Anyone attempting to use any divination spell or object that functions as a divination spell must succeed on a DC 34 caster level check (15+mouse's caster level). All of Mouse's gear is warded as well.

The next thing he does is remove his mask and cast Disguise Self, to make himself look like a halfling.Caster Level: 19

Next, he casts Locate Creature. "Show me the way to the one who calls himself Sand Rat." He visualizes the figure with the mask bearing paw prints.Caster level: 19
Range: 1920 ft.

Having been in the same room as all of my opponents, I can now make them the target of this spell. As long as the selected creature is in range, I will know their location and the direction they are moving.

Caster Level Check (if he is warded with nondetection or some other abjuration):

Next he casts Overland Flight.Caster Level: 19

I can fly at a speed of 40 feet.

Finally he casts Invisibility and begins his search for his target.Caster Level: 19
Duration: 19 minutes

Mouse leaves his home base as stealthily as possible and takes to the skies. He flies around in an ever widening circle until he locates his quarry.Stealth checks while leaving the clock tower:
Hide: [roll1]
Move Silently: [roll]+31

Mouse flies in order to avoid making any noise at all. If he has to open a door, he tries to do it as quietly as possible. If there is any way out that does not require him to use a door he takes it. His escape artist is good enough for him to fit through a 1-foot hole without any chance of failing.
An odd thing happens when you begin to cast your spells, Nondetection and disguise self are cast flawlessly, but, when you try to cast locate creature, your spell fails. If it was due to spell reisistance you would feel it, but rather than that the spell simply fails, as though the magic simply cannot find a target.
Before you have a moment to wonder why, a pitched scream echo's through your mind, causing your joints to become incredibly loose, you buckle over and your eyes meet the letter lying on the ground and the small unopened box. When you try to get up, you find it impossible, your arms still move, but no other part of you will.

Gamblerjoe
2011-08-18, 06:30 PM
OOC
How big is the city we are in?

If I survive to the point were I get 9th level spells, I am considering the spell Call Marut. I think it would be great flavor for how I try to bump off one of my opponents. Would a marut walking through the city asking people questions be considered a threat to the local constabulary or guard? Would it be frowned upon by the arbiters of the competition? If it is acceptable, would I be the one controlling it (I mean as a player, not like my character would be telepathically controlling it or anything like that.)

Gamblerjoe
2011-08-18, 06:33 PM
a pitched scream echo's through your mind, causing you immense pain, you buckle over and your eyes meet the letter lying on the ground and the small unopened box. When you try to get up, you find it impossible, your arms still move, but no other part of you will.

OOC: I dont feel pain. At any rate, I read the letter.

Kaim_the_angel
2011-08-18, 06:35 PM
OOC
The city is huge, you are in Jeneoa the cultural capital and summoning a marut would be noticed very quickly, due to the laws of the inevitebles if someone asked why he was here, it would very quickly name you as it's summoner, which would get you found out and theirfore, out of the running.
SO unless you can think of a more cunning way to pull it off, it's doable but I would not adivce it. I would control it.

Gamblerjoe
2011-08-18, 06:39 PM
OOC
The city is huge, you are in Jeneoa the cultural capital and summoning a marut would be noticed very quickly, due to the laws of the inevitebles if someone asked why he was here, it would very quickly name you as it's summoner, which would get you found out and theirfore, out of the running.
SO unless you can think of a more cunning way to pull it off, it's doable but I would not adivce it. I would control it.

no problem. Call Marut is hardly a shrewd choice for one of my first two 9th level spells. I just thought it would be infinitely awesome to send a marut after that chick's unborn baby. My god, im a terrible person.

Kaim_the_angel
2011-08-18, 06:45 PM
The letter is short.
Dear Crazy Fingers, or unit. 435273.
Congratulations on accepting my invitation and best of luck in the contest.
As a sporting chance to all contestants, I have made it impossible to locate one another via magical means, this will allow each of you to utilize your own cunning to find your foes when needed. If you are to become Lord Assassian, you will find reliance on your own abilities, rather than magic, is far more useful.
Incased in the box is a small device with which you may contact your Sponser, who will aid you in many ways. Please Open the box immedietly to recive your first assignment.
Best regards
The Spider

Gamblerjoe
2011-08-18, 07:09 PM
Mouse immediately opens the box to find out what his first assignment is.

Kaim_the_angel
2011-08-19, 11:02 AM
The Moment you open the box somthing springs out, a small worm like creature tears out and lands on your arm, before you can stop it the creature burrows into your body, leaving a destroyed piece of metal behind it. You can feel as the creature Moves through your arm, then your chest, in less than ten seconds the creature has reached your cranium. Moments later, a voice echos in your head, cold and methodical.
~Unit. 435273, are you reciving communications.~

Gamblerjoe
2011-08-19, 12:47 PM
...well, when you work for team evil, these are the things you do...

Mouse responds verbally to the voice. "Communication received. With whom am I communicating."

Kaim_the_angel
2011-08-19, 06:51 PM
~Unit 237. I am your designated sponser, my purpose is to see the warforged find a more powerful position within the Kasgarian goverment. You are aware of what is to gain here correct?~

Gamblerjoe
2011-08-20, 08:16 AM
"Affirmative. Once these fleshies are eliminated, I will be given great station and diplomatic impunity. Once that is accomplished, the master race will slowly but surely be able to take its rightful place at the head of society."

Kaim_the_angel
2011-08-21, 04:31 PM
~Correct. Your first assingment is as follows: You have one day to prepare this area as your safehouse, at the end of today you will be given your next objective.~

Gamblerjoe
2011-08-22, 10:52 AM
Mouse looks around the room and decides the first thing to do is inspect the workstation.

As he does this he decides to probe his contact for additional information. Without actually verbalizing the words he attempts to project his surface thoughts.

Am I to understand the nature of our communication to be telepathic, and are extra dimensional spaces such as a rope trick spell permitted in this exercise?

Kaim_the_angel
2011-08-22, 10:54 AM
~This is telepathic communication, extra dimensional space is acceptable~

The workdesk seems to contain tools for maintaining the clock, oils and the suhc.

Gamblerjoe
2011-08-22, 11:00 AM
Mouse proceeds to painstakingly search every nook and cranny of the room, taking several hours if necessary.
Taking 20 on search for a total of 46.

Kaim_the_angel
2011-08-22, 06:39 PM
What are you looking for?

Gamblerjoe
2011-08-24, 08:32 AM
essentially im looking for whatever is there. im not too concerned with the termites that have burrowed into the woodwork though, mainly just traps, secret doors, openings larger than my head and visible spell effects.

taking 20 requires 20 rounds per 5 foot square, which is why this will probably be an all day affair. to that end, what are the dimensions of the room and the overall layout?

Kaim_the_angel
2011-08-27, 05:38 PM
The room is fairly large 100-100ft, apart from the 50-50ft stage you are on the majority of it is whirring cogs and mechanisums. You find a trap door on the ground, which conects to a laddr which in turn leads down the clocktower. You appear to be at the very top.
Apart from that you find no traps or spell effects.

Gamblerjoe
2011-08-29, 10:37 AM
Mouse attempts to communicate with his sponsor. This room seems in order. I would prefer to keep it inconspicuous in case of civilian entry. If you have no other orders or suggestions I will bide my time and prepare new spells in the morning. My plan is to use a rope trick spell to minimize my exposure.

If there are no further instructions:Mouse decides to call it a day for now. He empties his handy haversack into a mundane sack, and shoves the haversack under the mattress of the bed. He casts rope trick and climbs into the extradimensional space with his sack.

Kaim_the_angel
2011-09-02, 04:22 AM
You retreat into extradimesional space for the night, before reciving new orders.
~Unit. 435273, you have new orders, hunt down and destroy one other member of the compition beofre another does so first. Have you recived and understood these paramiters?~

Gamblerjoe
2011-09-02, 12:20 PM
Understood.

Mouse rests his mind for 8 hours. He waits in his extradimensional space watching his room from the invisible window. Once enough time passes and he can prepare his spells for the next day, he does so before exiting the rope trick spell.

Ill load my spells and think about my plan for now.

Gamblerjoe
2011-09-02, 08:39 PM
Mouse will cast disguise self to look like a halfling. He makes his way down the long ladder and out onto the city streets.

I have been barred from using divination to locate my opponents. Do you have any suggestions for locating one of the spell casters in this contest?