PDA

View Full Version : [DnD 3.5] RHoD Gamma IC

Agent_0042
2011-08-18, 06:27 PM
OOC THREAD (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210805)

The sun sets over the Elsir Vale, driving the smarter people indoors. Hobgoblin raids have become more and more common Vale, and the best defense is a set of walls and vigilant eyes. For whatever reason, you all find yourselves in the Old Bridge Tavern, the larger of the two taverns in Drellin's Ferry. Popular with merchants traveling along the Dawn Way, it's a comfortable place to spend a night, or to work up a decent game of three-dragon ante.

OOC
Go ahead and make a perception check with your intro post

Beheld
2011-08-18, 07:45 PM
Asuath sits quietly at a corner table, analyzing the patrons for signs of usefulness as travel companions, or an ensuing brawl.

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Dusk Eclipse
2011-08-18, 09:01 PM
Cruorgix stares at the scale-less ones, it is weird for him to see so many of them gathered at this place, he stirs the liquid he was served a bit uneasy, the vision of destruction still fresh in his mind.

[roll0] Listen
[roll1] Spot

Alkapwn21
2011-08-18, 10:31 PM
Caseus Wardrich sat at the end of the bar, sipping at a glass half filled with ale. His eyes gazed the room from over the rim of his mug. He had hoped some of these people, or at least one of these people, were ready to help fend off the hobgoblin threat.

The wizard returned his attention to the half drunken man he had been in conversation with. Now, sir, let me tell you of the time my troupe and I took down a giant. Now, this was twenty years ago, mind you, and this was one of my first battles outside of military training...

The wizard continued to talk to the man of past battles won. He gradually sipped his ale, grinning as he relived his moments of glory.

bindin garoth
2011-08-19, 05:32 AM
Lincusto

Lincusto, after finishing his...... Fifth mug of ale you think, having lost count due to him chugging them down so fast, overhears the wizard. Interested immediatly at the word "battles," he turns to the said wizard and says "Do tell. A giant eh?"

As he listens to the wizard, his memories take him to his first battle after gaining his powers. The red liquid running all over the place, people running in terror. 'Ah, the good old days' he thinks to himself, and smiles as he orders yet another mug of ale.

spot [roll0]
listen [roll1]

Ernir
2011-08-20, 12:46 PM
Ruhe

A human in his thirties, of below average height and with brown hair that is starting to grey in the temples walks in. His clothes are of a drab color, which would have made anyone pass him over without a second glance, if not were for a golden, slightly translucent breastplate he wears. The breastplate glows, illuminating every dark corner of the tavern. He scans the room, looking for a place to sit.

Agent_0042
2011-08-21, 09:46 PM
@Those who scored at least a 15 on their Listen checks:
Though the din and merriment of the tavern continues unabated, drowning out most outside sounds, you're pretty sure you can hear a commotion of some sort outside the tavern - whether something small nearby, or something larger and further away, you can't tell.

@Those who scored at least a 20 on their Listen checks:
Turns out, you can tell. The commotion is of a large and violent nature.

@Those who made at least a 10 on their Spot checks, including everyone else:
You notice a few fellow patrons pause in their revelry. Maybe something caught their attention, or maybe they're just drunk.

Beheld
2011-08-21, 10:09 PM
Asuath will bolt for the door, and head outside.

Alkapwn21
2011-08-21, 10:12 PM
Caseus lowered his drink and leaned into the drunk. "Well there were the four of us. We could hear the beast rumbling in his cave... we could tell he wasn't happy. Or just hungr-..."

The wizard stopped mid sentence.

"In fact... it sounded a bit like that. Excuse me would you?" Caseus casually stood up, laid his coin for the ale on the counter, and exited the tavern.

If I see baddies, I want to prepare an action to cast Summon Monster III

bindin garoth
2011-08-22, 05:19 AM
Lincusto was surprised by the sudden movement of speaker. Deciding it would be a good idea to follow, Lincusto gets up and follows the footsteps of Caseus, knocking down his drink in his rush. Even more unfortunate, he ends up knocking the drink into another patron, and as he rushes off he hears yellings of the drunk who he had knocked his drink into.

Deciding to be careful, he start to concentrate his energies to his hand, causing dark sparks of energy to flicker off his left hand, ready to blast any hostile forces. A look into his face reveals a combination of intense focus and a slight smile.

Readies an action to blast any dangerous target with netherchannel with the focused channel essence, adding caster level to damage.
Touch attack: [roll0]]
Negative energy damage: [roll1]

Ernir
2011-08-22, 09:29 AM
Ruhe

Ruhe turns around at the start of the commotion, looking for its source. Getting the feeling that something is not quite right, he calls to his wolf, who still hadn't had any time to take a nap outside the inn.
"Günther, to me!"

Dusk Eclipse
2011-08-22, 10:19 AM
The small frills on Cruorgix head snap as he hears something outside. Lazily leaving his beverage on the counter he hops from the stool (he is tall by Kobold standards; but all this bloody scale-less insist on making stuff far too tall). Sounds like something fun is going on outside... I should check it out. He starts wqlking towards he door, retrieving his weapon from the rack next to the door. His blood already boiling with anticipation.