PDA

View Full Version : Inevitable Inquisitor Help [PF]

Biguds
2011-08-18, 06:58 PM
Hi there.

I´m making a Inevitable Kolyarut Inquisitor 7 with Law Domain, Subdomain Inevitable [total level 19] for a weekend game and will apreciate some help with gear and feats.

The adventure will be about a war against The Dragon King and his Machine Army [epic dragon artificer and golem legions].

He´s the group tank and diplomat [also the spy and machine-jokey]
The group counts with a Human Sorcerer [silver dragon bloodline] and a Gnome Summoner [casting stat is inteligence and can summon eidolon and monsters at the same time].

So, any tips ?

Biguds
2011-08-19, 02:45 PM
No one ? =T

So, until next request [hope for a better one]

Hiro Protagonest
2011-08-19, 04:39 PM
Racial HD typically aren't worth it over class levels.

Biguds
2011-08-20, 03:58 PM
My buddies and I really don't bother with this, what matters is the character.

So, what I need aren't people saying that my PC is suboptimized, just some help with gear and feats to match the theme of "extra-planar robocop in service of justice against the insane Dragon King+Machine Army"

[And, the game is caped in lvl20, we will not use the epic level rules of 3.0/5]

Human Paragon 3
2011-08-20, 05:52 PM
What books are allowed?

Blisstake
2011-08-20, 06:09 PM
The thing is though, Inquisitor is one of the worst classes (not as bad as full casters though) to have racial hit dice slow you down with. Their quadratic growth is quadratic because their judgements increase in power and frequency with level, as well as getting multiple judgements per use. The racial hit dice also slows down how many banes they get, as well as how awesome each bane is.

If you insist on playing an inquisitor though, I prefer archer inquisitors to anything else. Get Point-Blank, Precise Shot, Rapid Shot, Many Shot, and Staggering Shots (UC), and you should be all set. Pick up Deadly Aim if you're hitting most of your shots. In general, aim for buffing spells since your CL and saves will likely be very low for offensive spells.

JonRG
2011-08-20, 06:13 PM
Your thread title was a little misleading for me. When I first read it, I thought, "Oh, this person will inevitably need help building an inquisitor." Kinda like you won't need help for a while, yanno? :smallwink:

Quick Aside: Why not the Zelekhut (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/outsiders/inevitable/inevitable-zelekhut) instead of the Kolyarut (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/outsiders/inevitable/inevitable-kolyarut)? The former is Robocop on a Horse chassis, the latter's basically a glorified process server.

Might need to give some more info (stats, fighting style, etc) for more specific assistance.

Biguds
2011-08-20, 08:16 PM
So, this is all about character coolness, not really optimization.

All books are fine.

He`s the party tanker, diplomat, spy and mechanic.

All fisical stats are above 20 [so is wisdom].

Let´s see, he still got a adamantine bastard sword [retractable in right arm] and a auto-shotgun in same arm sholder.

Biguds
2011-09-05, 03:43 PM
Hi again.

My character had grow some levels and now he is in epic ground, so my DM stated that he will become a unique inevitable.

Now, he is a Kolyarut Inquisitor 9 and I can "remake" him he become a epic level unique extra-planar.

Some tips anyone ? [He´s the tank and face of the party]