PDA

View Full Version : Necro-Cleric Build... Help!

Rossebay
2011-08-19, 12:45 AM
Alright, so I'm going to play a Lesser Aasimar Cleric of Afflux, domains Deathbound and Undeath. Going to get DMM: Fell Animate, and I considered persist, but I'm not sure.

We're doing Tomb of Horrors, and I'm going to assume that a minion master will do well there, but I have no idea.

Something that's bugging me... Normal cleric or Cloistered Cleric? BAB I don't care about, it's the armor prof. that worries me. But I guess there are some ways around that, if someone could help there that'd be great.

Also, I've got WBL 9 starting gold (36,000) and I'm not sure what to spend it on.

Any help is appreciated!

Feats: Extra Turning (from Undeath domain)
Fell Animate
DMM: Fell Animate
Corpsecrafter
Nimble Bones
My feat slots for levels 6 and 9 are still open.

Psyren
2011-08-19, 10:33 AM
Cloistered, definitely. Extra domains > armor proficiency every time, especially since you'll be walking around with an army of bodies between you and the baddies anyway (making your AC irrelevant past the first couple of levels.)

Of even greater importance for choosing Cloistered Cleric is the powerful and flavorful Divine Magician ACF (CMage.) If you trade away your free Knowledge Domain, you can grab a bunch of extremely useful Necromancy spells from the Wizard list (like Enervation and False Life), effectively building yourself a custom domain.