PDA

View Full Version : The Trials of blood-Wolf

Kaim_the_angel
2011-08-19, 08:33 AM
When the stone ejects you a cold wind greets you, as does a stone floor. Picking yourself up you find yourself in a cave, fairly deep within a cave as before you lies a series of tunnels.
Behind you a sleeping quarters has been set up, along with a small desk, where your envelope has settled, with the small unopened box laid on top of the letter, the rules of the competition are still gripped in your hand however. It’s dark, no light leaks in this place, but thanks to your Darkvision you can still see, the games have begun.

TravelLog
2011-08-19, 02:18 PM
Curious, but not foolish enough to let that curiosity get the better of him, X'Nthe uses his psionic powers to discern if any other beings are present. He then proceeds to look around the chamber, examine what he finds.

I use detect thoughts and if nothing is there, I explore my surroundings

Kaim_the_angel
2011-08-19, 07:35 PM
Curious, but not foolish enough to let that curiosity get the better of him, X'Nthe uses his psionic powers to discern if any other beings are present. He then proceeds to look around the chamber, examine what he finds.

I use detect thoughts and if nothing is there, I explore my surroundings

Nothing else is in the caves, minus a few bugs and minor wild animals.
When you look around you find a new letter lying on your bedroll, adressed to you...

TravelLog
2011-08-19, 07:40 PM
X'Nthe notices the letter on his bedroll and moves over to it. He hesitates for a moment, possibly suspecting trickery, but decides to open the letter and read it anyway.

Kaim_the_angel
2011-08-19, 07:57 PM
Dear X'nthe.
Congratulations on accepting my invitation and best of luck in the contest.
As a sporting chance to all contestants, I have made it impossible to locate one another via magical means, this will allow each of you to utilize your own cunning to find your foes when needed. If you are to become Lord Assassian, you will find reliance on your own abilities, rather than magic, is far more useful.
Incased in the box is a small device with which you may contact your Sponser, who will aid you in many ways. Please Open the box immedietly to recive your first assignment.
Best regards
The Spider
P.S I have always been curious about Illithid assassians, I will watch your progress closely, please don't dissapoint me.

TravelLog
2011-08-19, 08:08 PM
X'Nthe smiles, intrigued at the possibilities of what will occur next. He gurgles in an Illithid signal of pleasure and anticipation, then opens the box provided to him.

Kaim_the_angel
2011-08-20, 05:16 AM
The Moment you open the box somthing springs out, a small worm like creature tears out and lands on your skin, beofre you can stop it the creature burrows into your skin, leaving a fine pool of blood behind it. A sharp pain runs through your arm, then your chest, in less than ten seconds the creature has reached your brain. A sharp pain in your head makes it seem like your life is over.
Then a voice rings out.
~Hello again X'nthe~

TravelLog
2011-08-20, 02:07 PM
X'Nthe once again gurgles, this time laughing. He responds mentally. With some effort, he converts the thoughts to be understandable to non-Illithid races.
Greetings. Who are you, Sponsor? And what do you wish of me, that I might finish this contestant and claim my rightful place?

Kaim_the_angel
2011-08-21, 05:06 PM
~I Am one of the true master race X'nthe~ the voice says, in perfect Illithid.
~And your sponser for this.....Event, as for your mission, well it's simple. Or simple if you are true Illithid, make your home defendable....you have until nightfall.

TravelLog
2011-08-21, 06:30 PM
X'Nthe nodded his head briefly. Understood, sponsor. I will not fail.

Following the closure of mental contact, X'Nthe looked around the stone chamber in order to better understand the layout.

I look around the chamber, and if possible would like a map layout for points of egress-exit. I lay Zap Traps at any entrance. Then I use Mirror and Shadowplay to construct a perfect image of myself seated at the desk, reading a facsimile of my spellbook. From there, I use Alter Self, Ghost Sound and Shadowplay to make myself look like a beaten prisoner, chained to the wall, complete with sound effects for both the chains, and the turning of pages for my illusion. For now, that's all. Once I get the map layout, I will do more.

Kaim_the_angel
2011-08-21, 06:49 PM
OOC: Mutter mutter grumble grumble map making.

Kaim_the_angel
2011-08-27, 06:03 PM
http://rpgcharacters.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/map-seaside-cave-small.jpg?w=500&h=464
map

TravelLog
2011-08-27, 06:05 PM
OOC:

Where on the map am I?

Kaim_the_angel
2011-08-27, 07:28 PM
OOC:

Where on the map am I?

The alcove next to the entrance to the T-juction

TravelLog
2011-08-27, 07:50 PM
X'Nthe looks around the chamber carefully then decides to ready his battlefield. He begins by casting a number spells, laying at all three paths leading to the chamber, as well as the actual chamber's entrance.

Craftiness is required, thought X'Nthe. With a nod, he casts a spell allowing him to manipulate shadows, creating a perfect facsimile of himself reading a book at the nearby bedroll, as well as forming a set of chains against the wall. He then murmurs under his breath, gurgling as he did so. After a moment, his appearance changed to that of a heavily beaten, bloodied human. He then went over to the wall and made it appear that he was chained, unconscious to it.

Thinking more preparation might prove useful, X'Nthe surrounded himself in arcane energy, creating armor. He then casts another spell, surrounding himself with further energy. With a nod, X'Nthe gurgles, pleased.

All is ready.

After the Zap Traps, I use Mirror and Shadowplay to construct a perfect image of myself seated at the desk, reading a facsimile of my spellbook. From there, I use Alter Self, Ghost Sound and Shadowplay to make myself look like a beaten prisoner, chained to the wall, complete with sound effects for both the chains and the turning of pages for my illusion. I then use Mage Armor and Resist Energy on myself. That's all for now.

Kaim_the_angel
2011-08-30, 05:34 PM
~You may want to rethink thiss~ The voice in your head says, ~As I have your next set of orders~

TravelLog
2011-08-30, 05:55 PM
X'Nthe tilts his head. What then was the purpose of this? X'Nthe taps his fingers for a moment, realizing the answer mattered little and would be told to him if necessary. Speak, Sponsor. For I am ready.

Kaim_the_angel
2011-09-02, 03:45 AM
~Your first task.~ The sponser begins. ~Is to hunt down and kill another member of the competiton, before anyone else does.~

TravelLog
2011-09-02, 11:17 AM
X'Nthe smirked, if such an expression was possible with his squidlike features.
Understood. Where shall I begin my search?

Kaim_the_angel
2011-09-02, 01:16 PM
~You are the Assassian X'nthe, not I....~

TravelLog
2011-09-02, 02:20 PM
X'Nthe gurgled quietly, contemplating. And I will succeed.

With that, X'Nthe gathered his necessary equipment and made his way through the labyrinthine tunnels until he reached the cave's exit.