PDA

View Full Version : Playing Detective

NOhara24
2011-08-19, 08:04 PM
Sorry for making a second thread today, but an new character in my current campaign is really bugging me.

From what I know, in OTHER D&D campaigns, everyone knows what class/race everyone else is playing simply so everyone knows each others strengths/weaknesses when it comes to besting a particular obstacle.

Now, onto the point. The second most experienced player in our party was playing a monk. By the time he hit level 6, he was being outshone in damage by the halfling rogue, and not because his build was bad, but because we all know that the 3.5 Monk is broken as a class. (Flurry of misses, etc.)

I speculate that it was because of this that he had his Monk spontaneously leave the party, and replace him with some sort of caster. For another reason unbeknownst to me, when asked what class his character is, he plays coy.

What I do know about his character:

He's level 5
He's True Neutral
He can cast Sor/Wiz spells
He can raise/summon undead
He can use Sickles (Not sure if he's proficient with them, I couldn't tell if he was taking a penalty on the attack roll or not.)

So, playgrounders, what class is he playing?!

Zaq
2011-08-19, 09:08 PM
If he's not a Wizard or a Sorcerer, he's probably a Dread Necro. Which spells did he cast?

Zonugal
2011-08-19, 09:39 PM
Sounds a lot like a Dread Neco. Have you found him touching himself for 'healing' purposes?