PDA

View Full Version : Cleric Domains

Rhaegar14
2011-08-20, 01:30 AM
Can you gain access to one, for the purpose of fulfilling prerequisites, without dipping a level in Cleric?

HunterOfJello
2011-08-20, 01:44 AM
If you gave a specific example of what you're trying to qualify, it would be easier to answer your question.

However, yes there are several ways to get domains other than dipping into cleric. A number of Prestige Classes grant access to specific or bonus domains. How those specifically effect a character is detailed within Complete Divine.

The Contemplative PrC is a popular choice high level characters for gaining a single Bonus Domain at a low cost for characters with some ability to cast divine magic. Contemplative 1 grants a Bonus Domain, Immunity to all diseases, and +1 level of existing divine spellcasting class.

Elric VIII
2011-08-20, 01:46 AM
There's the Arcane Domain feat, which lets you cast the spells 1/day. Also, Wizards can trade their bonus feat for domain granted powers (CChamp, I think) if that matters.

Divine classes can get it via certain PrCs, such as Contemplative.

If you share the reason you want domain access you may receive more specific answers on achieving your goal.

Rhaegar14
2011-08-20, 01:48 AM
I'm trying to abuse metamagic with a gestalt Incantatrix/Dweomerkeeper build, and would like to avoid Cleric (if I can) for that Magic Domain requirement on Dweomerkeeper to reduce MAD.

Elric VIII
2011-08-20, 01:53 AM
The feat I mentioned is actually Arcane Disciple and it adds the spells to you class spell list, they are cas 1/day and based on wisdom. AFAIK they're still arcane, though, so you wouln't be able to qualify for Dweomerkeeper.

EDIT: You should be able to qualify as a Wizard by taking Arcane Disciple for domain access and Southern Magician (which lets you 3/day prepare arcane spells as Divine or vice versa).

Another entry trick to Cleric only is taking the Magical Trainin feat that allows you to cast a few cantrips, in case you're interested.