PDA

View Full Version : FireFall, A TF2+BattleField Mutation?

LordShotGun
2011-08-20, 09:27 AM
Having searched for a Firefall thread and finding nothing I will make this one!

Myself and many other people are probably subscribed to TotalHalibut and one very recent WTF caught my eye.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUF38bLzOf8

Firefall, a free to play online shooter with MMO elements like a persistent character identity, item finds, experience and leveling up and eventual PvE battlefields of you and your friends fighting giant bosses.

Now the title says a TF2 and BattleField mutation more or less to get attention but it nevertheless holds at least somewhat true. Similar to TF2 there is a medic class with a heal beam and everything in the shop that effects gameplay can be found in game. Cosmetic items only will be sold in the store and not found in game. There is a class based system with the alpha showing Assault, sniper and medic classes.

Personally, I enjoyed the massive increase in player mobility as every class has a jet pack and the fact that the shop has zero gameplay effecting items that cannot be found in game is always a great idea.

Seonor
2011-08-20, 03:10 PM
It looks somewhat like Global Agenda with the most important difference being that you can switch classes while keeping the same character. They even plan to make money the some way GA does.

Teutonic Knight
2011-08-22, 01:39 AM
Looks good. Will play while it's still young. And free!