PDA

View Full Version : URGENT!!! D&D Splash Weapon questions

Matamane
2011-08-20, 10:20 AM
If I have the shaped splash feat, how is splash damage dealt?

Say we have this scenario

[y][0][0]
[0][x][0]
[0][0][0]

I hit the x, and shape the splash to hit the y. What squares are affected by splash damage? Will I hit all squares adjacent to both x and y, or just adjacent to x? If so, will x be affected again by y's splash damage, and y again by x's?

In addition, say I have the thrown weapon trick, two with one shot, and we have this situation. Say I try to hit x and y with the thrown weapon trick with a splash weapon. Would I shape the splash to hit both z and q, or just one of the two? On that note, would I be able to hit x or y with the shaped splash? Then how is splash weapon damage dealt, as with the previous question?

[z][q][0]
[y][x][0]
[0][0][0]

This may seem a tad complicated, but I would appreciate an answer.

As I see it now, situation a will resolve like this

[1][1][1][R]
[1][y][a][0]
[1][a][x][0]
[R][0][0][0]

x and y take full damage. All [1] squares take splash damage from y, all [0] squares take splash from x. [a] squares take splash damage twice, and [y] and [x] take splash damage from each other. [R] squares are unaffected.

Is this correct?

Situation two would work as so as I see it now.

[2][d][d][3]
[b][z][q][c]
[b][y][x][c]
[1][a][a][0]

I use the trick to hit both [x] and [y]. I shape the splash to hit [z] and [q]. [0], [1], [2], and [3] take splash damage from x,y,z, and q respectively. [b] squares take splash damage from z and y, [d] squares take splash damage from z and q, [c] squares take splash damage from x and q, and [a] squares take splash damage from x and y. Finally each of [x], [y], [z], and [q] take splash damage 3 times from the other 3 squares respectively. Is this right?

This seems a tad absurd, so any answers will help

Antonok
2011-08-20, 10:40 AM
If I have the shaped splash feat, how is splash damage dealt?

Say we have this scenario

[y][0][0]
[0][x][0]
[0][0][0]

I hit the x, and shape the splash to hit the y. What squares are affected by splash damage? Will I hit all squares adjacent to both x and y, or just adjacent to x? If so, will x be affected again by y's splash damage, and y again by x's?

Just adjacent to x, but you would get an attack roll against y as if you had targeted it. Its a stretch to think that it would double the splash area. I imagine it to work more like you hit x, but a bigger part of the splash ended up landing on y then the other squares surrounding x.

As for the second part, I can't seem to find the trick your reffering to so I have not a clue on that.

dextercorvia
2011-08-20, 09:28 PM
All squares adjacent to either x or y would take 1 point of splash damage unless you exclude them from it per the feat. There wouldn't be any doubling.