PDA

View Full Version : [4E] Defenders of Harkenwold (IC)

GDark08
2011-08-20, 11:00 AM
In the northern lands of the Nentir Vale, its vast expanse is one that remains largely untamed by the civilized races. What settlements they're are few and far between, with villages and townships scattered about the surrounding countryside. Many of these points of civilization are often the target of various attacks by rampaging monsters, marauding bandits and other evils that plague the Vale, and can easily become sacked and ruined in short time. However, in rare cases and against all odds, such a collection of townships can seem themselves prosper and thrive, such as the people of Harken have.

The barony of Harkenwold is a broad valley resting in the arms of the Harken Forest along the southern edge of the Nentir. While not within terribly close proximity with each other, these independent villages have unified and collaborated together to make for themselves lives of their own. United under the banner of the Baron Stockmer, it is a tiny realm in the midst of many dangers yet stands firm in its place.

Though as of late, the land of Harken has gone suddenly quiet. Though it is a valley of simple farmers, wood workers and smiths, and sees very little in the way of trade, for the past six weeks there has been no word of activity in the valley, from neither the baron or his people. Of the only caravan that had recently passed through, word of mouth tells of the presence of a new armed militia patrolling all roads in the barony, barring and detaining many of the few travelers making their way down on the beaten path. Of course, for those traveling towards Harkenwold, knowledge of such information would be rather alarming, were it not the account of wayfaring traders.

You are traveling south down the King's Road, the main route of trade originating with Fallcrest and spreading outwards to other major settlements within the Vale. You feel a cool autumn breeze brush pass your shoulder, signaling the coming of another cold, albeit snow-less, winter. The noon day sun hangs high above you. Having trekked for two nights prior, you are but a day's journey from your destination as the grassy plain lands surrounding you soon start to become peppered in trees as you enter the western edge of the Harken Forest. Though while traveling down the main road you would do well to remain cautious. Many dangers could still await you on your journey, many a terrible beast having wandered in from the Moon Hills or the shadowy swamps of the Witchlight Fens.

OOC:
And so begins a great adventure! I believe now would be an opportune moment for everyone to introduce their characters as we prepare to get underway.

Emongnome777
2011-08-23, 07:56 AM
Torrin Gansheer, Human Warlord

Torrin spent most of the morning working out the stiffness in his neck and shoulders. He silently berated himself for allowing the "comforts" of a straw bed to allow him to get so soft. Only a year ago, he was wearing a full suit of armor like it was a second skin, sleeping most nights in the outside, and marching for days with very little rest.

He was cordial and conversed with his travelling companions, Alisha and Rufus, frequently, but his mind kept drifting toward what was ahead of him. He'd heard the rumors of a militia taking hold in Harkenwold, and he had little doubt it was the same militia he'd escaped from. He was surprised, however, that they would have a foothold this far north after only a year. He surmised that they had either stretched themselves too thin by being too aggressive, or had greatly increased their recruitment. He admitted to himself that his knowledge about the organization was limited, so he could be totally wrong.

Even though this was the third day of the trip, Torrin hadn't brought up the subject of the militia yet, but he knew they would have to be prepared if they got stopped by a patrol.

"Have either of you two heard much about this militia that has apparently taken hold of the Barony?"

Lunarix
2011-08-23, 09:08 AM
Rufus Torvir, Goliath Warden
"No, only the rumors from the tavern. I wonder why they are here though..."

Why here? Why now? what is their purpose? Rufus didnt want to think of it too much, but those questions kept creeping in his mind. Sighing deeply, Rufus reattunes his mind back to the earth trying to listen to what it has to say.

nature: [roll0]

Demonicheart
2011-08-24, 04:05 PM
Alisha Marian, Human Monk

For a fair part of the journey, Alisha had focused her gaze upon a woven thread bracelet around her left hand. It had been of her own creation and served as a way to keep her mind focused. The bracelet was essentially two pieces of thread intertwined with each other. The design was intentional as with the question she always asked herself when looking upon it, Where does the bracelet begin? It looks around in a circle and each thread leads to the next. As the threads turn over and under, so do the events that shape us. Everything is connected to each other to make the world we live in, even if we do not always see the full picture. This was just the way of the brown haired woman. Sometimes, she would seem lost in her own thoughts and remain silent while other times she would adamantly voice her opinions or desire to hear the opinions of others. Still, she kept up with her travel companions and was listening to them while letting her mind wander a bit.

When the discussion switched to the current state of the Harkenwold, Alisha furrowed her brow a little in thought before she began, "...My knowledge is limited as well...but it is their actions that bother me the most. If this 'militia' wanted to aid the Barony it would have been simple enough to just join Baron Stockmer's forces in the area or work alongside them. Instead, they choose to bar and detain travelers without giving anyone outside the region a reason behind it." Alisha obviously had no proof of wrongdoing by this new militia but the scenario did not make for a pleasant one. Still, she was not one to be biased towards a single opinion, "Yes, there is the chance I could be wrong. Perhaps it would be better if I were. We have yet to meet anyone from this militia and it would be unfair to judge them prematurely. There could be a reason behind this that we do not yet know about. Good reason or ill, we should be prepared just in case."

RayGallade
2011-08-24, 04:19 PM
Erevan Rasenutt, Eladrin Psion

As Erevan and Weiss wandered along the path, Erevan thought about his recent companion. The dragonborn did have some resemblance to Kirv, that much was apparent, but he could tell that they most likely weren't related. Still, he liked that Weiss was also a master of the arcane.

While they walk down the path, Erevan keeps himself entertained by using his psychic powers to levitate small rocks around his head, moving them up and down, left and right, attempting to test how long he can maintain this power. He glances over to Weiss, wondering if his dragonborn companion has anything he wants to say or if he is paying attention to Erevan's little trick.

Viashino_wizard
2011-08-24, 05:30 PM
Weiss, Dragonborn Warlock

As it happens, Weiss had been watching Erevan's exercise with interest, though he was attempting to hide the fact by only looking in quick glances from the corner of his eye. He had seen his master perform similar prestidigitation exercises; according to him, using magic was not unlike muscle memory and needed to be regularly maintained. Weiss supposed that must hold especially true for psionic powers, which come directly from the user.

Feeling he should say something to break the extended silence, Weiss clears his throat. "I hope I'm not prying, but I never did ask you what brings you to Harkenwold," he comments, trying to sound casual. In truth, he'd been curious since they first ran into each other again, but had been too timid to ask.

GDark08
2011-08-24, 06:46 PM
Rufus
Your affinity with the natural world provides you some details of the area. As you are now entering the northern edge of Harken Forest, you can tell the wind is blowing in from the north by the direction the tree tops are swaying. At the ground beneath your feet is the old, dusty trail of the King's Road. Although you know that is a very active trade route within the Vale, you can just make out different sets of tracks coming and going along the path such as the prints of passing travelers, horses and the wagon wheels of passing caravans. Two sets of tracks in particular catch your attention; seemingly having been made just very recently, one appears to be a fairly normal, while the other are much larger with talons on each toe and a faint, angular line trailing behind it.

OOC: Hope nobody minds, but seeing as how it wasn't quite clearly established just where or how far apart our two groups were on the trail, I figured it wouldn't hurt. As for actual distance between, let's say about twenty yards or so.

Lunarix
2011-08-24, 07:15 PM

"I agree Alisha, there is probably a reason behind all of this but one can't be too cautious. What about you Torrin, what have you heard about... hmm...What's this?"

Rufus stops for just a moment to gather his thoughts. Looking up from the road, points out the large tracks with the talon marks to his travel comrades. "Alisha, Torrin Have you seen tracks like this before?"

OOC
What time of day is it?

Emongnome777
2011-08-25, 08:17 AM

Torrin was about to Rufus when he pointed out the tracks. He hadn't noticed them before. He knelt down to get a closer look, rubbing his beard in as if in thought. He was no tracker and couldn't discern anything more about them that what Rufus mentioned.

"I'm afraid this is outside the scope of my knowledge. I don't know what would've made those tracks."

He stood back up and looked around, his hand on the hilt of his blade. "As for this militia, I wish I knew more about what was going on. If this is indeed the same militia that I was once a part of, then I didn't truly understand how large and aggressive an organization it was. I was only a peon and believed that their mission was noble. When I learned better, I left."

He sighs, wishing he had more useful information. "While you will never face them on the field of battle, they are conquerors nonetheless. They attack the leadership of smaller towns and enforce martial law. You never know their true numbers or true intentions. Subterfuge and misdirection are their allies. If it's this group that is harassing travellers, then they are confident that they have secured this region, or at least its central authority."

His face displayed a calm that his heart could not feel. Not when he was heading straight toward a confrontation with his past.

RayGallade
2011-08-25, 10:24 AM

As Weiss asks his question to Erevan, the Eladrin thinks a little. After coming up with an answer, he tells Weiss, "Well, after I finished my training back in my hometown, I started to wander this world. During those travels, I heard something about how there had been few travelers in these parts. Therefore, I chose to come here, seeing as they could probably use a little entertainment in the form of my psychic powers.

Here Erevan pauses for a moment, before continuing, "That, and I figure that something must be going wrong here, so my psychic strength might be quite welcome. What about you?"

Viashino_wizard
2011-08-26, 03:15 PM

Weiss looks skyward for a moment before answering. "The stars have been pointing towards Harkenwold for a week now. It's the longest I've ever seen them remain focused on one location," he confides, looking back at Erevan. "Obviously we've both heard the rumors... though I wonder whether the supposed militias are the problem themselves or a reaction to a larger threat." The dragonborn brings his hand to the pendant hanging from his neck, rubbing it between thumb and forefinger absentmindedly.

GDark08
2011-08-29, 06:02 PM
OOC:
Everyone, if you would please start rolling up some perception checks.

Lunarix
2011-08-29, 06:19 PM
perception: [roll0]

Viashino_wizard
2011-08-29, 06:53 PM
Couldn't get the diceroller to work, I'll have to make another post.

Viashino_wizard
2011-08-29, 06:57 PM
Perception [roll0]

Emongnome777
2011-08-29, 07:25 PM

Perception Check: [roll0]

RayGallade
2011-08-29, 11:56 PM
Erevan Rasenutt, Eladrin Wizzard: OOC
Perception: [roll0]

Demonicheart
2011-08-30, 04:43 AM
Perception Check: [roll0]

GDark08
2011-08-30, 08:27 PM
Alisha, Rufus & Torrin:
As you continue on your way, Alisha and Rufus see that just some meters ahead of them two travelers; one appearing to be an elf of some sort, and the other a tall, albeit skinny dragonborn. You assume that the fresh tracks you had seen belong to this pair who must have started ahead of you. Alisha notices that elf suddenly stops in place...

Erevan & Weiss:
You two wayward wanderers continue to on your way, the hairs on the back of Erevan's neck begin to stand up as though something were rather amiss. He stops in his place sensing the near danger, but not certain of where originates. Weiss only stops when he sees his companion give pause.

Suddenly, the roadside brush begin to rustle violently as several leap into being from out of the forest! Small, green-skinned humanoids surround Erevan and Weiss; goblins, all armed and spoiling for a fight. Blocking the two travelers' paths are a pair of snarling gray wolves, a goblin rider atop their backs. "Strangers," A rider cries, "trespassers here, very much unlucky! Take them!" The other goblins are only giddy to oblige, as they begin to close in around the two.

Battle Map:
{table=head]| -A- | -B- | -C- | -D- | -E- | -F- | -G- | -H- | -I- | -J- | -K- | -L- | -M- | -N- | -O- | -P- | -Q- | -R-
1|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.
2|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|S1.|.|.
3|||||.|.|.||.|||.|.|.||||
4|||||||||||||C1|||||
5|RT|||||||||||||C2||W1*||
6||TG|||||||||||||WE|||
7|AM||||||||||||||ER||W2*|
8|||||||||.|.|.|.||C3||C4||
9|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|S2.|.
10|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.[/table]

Notes:
. - Forest brush & trees; grants partial cover
* - Beast Riders (B) are riding atop Wolves (W), but are each considered separate enemies while still occupying the same square

Enemies:
{table=head]Creature | -AC- | -Fort- | -Ref- | -Will- | -HP- | -Status-
W1 | 16 | 14 | 15 | 13 | 38/38 | --
W2 | 16 | 14 | 15 | 13 | 38/38 | --
B1 | 15 | 13 | 15 | 13 | 29/29 | --
B2 | 15 | 13 | 15 | 13 | 29/29 | --
S1 | 13 | 12 | 14 | 12 | 1/1 | --
S2 | 13 | 12 | 14 | 12 | 1/1 | --
C1 | 16 | 12 | 14 | 13 | 1/1 | --
C2 | 16 | 12 | 14 | 13 | 1/1 | --
C3 | 16 | 12 | 14 | 13 | 1/1 | --
C4 | 16 | 12 | 14 | 13 | 1/1 | --[/table]

W = Gray Wolves
B = Goblin Beast Rider
S = Goblin Sniper
C = Goblin Cutter

Initiative:
12.5 -Enemies
9.4-Adventurers

GDark08
2011-08-31, 05:01 PM
As the goblins begin to close in on Weiss and Erevan, two of their number positioned among the forest brush took notice of another group of travelers just coming down the road. Drawing their bows, each launched an arrow that soared through the air towards their mark. One fell short of its target, planting itself firmly in the patch of earth just in front of Torrin. The other found its mark, striking the side of her right shoulder as it whizzed by.

The other goblins took notice of the approaching figures, one in particular becoming rather incensed. Breaking away from the group, he rushed in and proceed to charge Rufus, swinging wildly at the goliath with his sword and missing wide.

The rest of the group took their positions around their initial quarry, one of the goblin riders motioning to the other that he would engage the new intruders, circling around their band. Two goblins, blades in hand, bounded around Erevan and swung, both striking but with shallow cuts against him. A third made for Weiss who managed to dodge in time, but only into the waiting pounce of a savage wolf. It bit into the dragonborn's foot with its sharp fangs and brought him down to the ground hard on his back.

The remaining rider and wolf bounded towards the oncoming humanoids, the goblin already with a javelin in hand. With all his strength he gave it a mighty volley, watching it sail for the goliath... and then cursed as it fell to the ground several feet to his side.

Battle Map:
{table=head]| -A- | -B- | -C- | -D- | -E- | -F- | -G- | -H- | -I- | -J- | -K- | -L- | -M- | -N- | -O- | -P- | -Q- | -R-
4||C1|||||||||W2*|||||||
5|RT|||||||||||||C2||W1*||
6||TG|||||||||||||WE|||
7|AM|||||||||||||C3|ER|C4||
8|||||||||.|.|.|.||||||

Notes:
* - Beast Riders (B) are riding atop Wolves (W), but are each considered separate enemies while still occupying the same square

Attack Rolls:

S1:
Ranged attack VS. Torrin's AC: [roll0] Miss.

S2:
Ranged attack VS. Alisha's AC: [roll1] Damage: 4

C1:
Move: Moves to G4
Standard: Charge; moves to B4. Melee attack VS. Rufus' AC: [roll2] Miss.

C2:
Standard: Melee attack VS. Weiss' AC: [roll3] Miss.
Move: Shifts to M6

C3:
Move: Shifts to N7
Standard: Melee attack VS. Erevan's AC: [roll4] Damage: 4

C4:
Standard: Melee attack VS. Erevan's AC: [roll5] Damage: 4

W1:
Standard: Melee attack VS. Weiss' AC: [roll6] Damage: [roll7] Critical hit. 11 damage and Weiss is now prone.

W2:
Move: Moving to not provoke an AoO, (going in order Q6, Q5, P4, O4, N4, M4, L4) to K4

B2:
Standard: Ranged attack VS. Rufus' AC: [roll8] Damage: [roll9] + [roll10] (from Perfect Position) Miss.

Enemies:
W1 | 16 | 14 | 15 | 13 | 38/38 | --
B1 | 15 | 13 | 15 | 13 | 29/29 | --
B2 | 15 | 13 | 15 | 13 | 29/29 | --
C2 | 16 | 12 | 14 | 13 | 1/1 | --
C3 | 16 | 12 | 14 | 13 | 1/1 | --
C4 | 16 | 12 | 14 | 13 | 1/1 | --[/table]

W = Gray Wolves
B = Goblin Beast Rider
S = Goblin Sniper
C = Goblin Cutter

Party:
{table=head]-Character- | -HP- | -SU- | AP | -Status-
Alisha | 21/25 | 0/8 | 0/1 | --
Erevan | 16/24 | 0/7 | 0/1 | --
Rufus | 35/35 | 0/13 | 0/1 | --
Torrin | 24/24 | 0/9 | 0/1 | --
Weiss | 19/30 | 0/10 | 0/1 | Prone[/table]
SU: Surges Used / Surges Total
AP: Action Points Used / Have

Initiative:
12.5 -Enemies
9.4-Adventurers

OOC:
Sorry this took a while guys. Hope this works; it seems like every now and again I forget how the diceroller works on the forums ever other day or so.

Demonicheart
2011-08-31, 06:11 PM

The brown haired monk barely had any time at all to point out the ambush occurring directly in front of her and her allies, "Those travelers are being harassed by the gob-lach!" She was quickly cut off as one of the snipers observed the two humans and goliath but responded with an arrow shot rather than words. She had no time to prepare for it as struck her in the shoulder. Alisha quickly broke one end and yanked it out. She made a courageous effort not to let the pain get to her. She noticed that a few of the goblins were now approaching them but the bulk still surrounded the eladrin and the dragonborn ahead, "I...I think I can do something about the two goblins sneaking behind them. I'm going ahead...please be careful Torrin, Rufus." She bowed her head a little and began to charge directly into the fray. Alisha was never one to let injustice go unanswered. Her noble spirit wouldn't tolerate it without an extremely good reason and even then it would likely bother her to no end.

Alisha pumped her feet into the dirt road building up momentum for her assault. She closed her right fist tightly and seemed to turn a little to her left. Once she reached her intended spot, she swung a backhanded blow towards the goblin's head and hoped that the momentum would continue onwards to the second goblin nearby. Despite her fierce attack, she still held her strength back. She would not strike lethal blows against the goblins. She tried her best to sound encouraging to the two strangers in front of her, "Take heart, you are not alone."

Round Actions
Move Action: Move to G6

Standard Action: Charge Attack on Goblin C2 (Move to M6)
Conditions: +1 attack roll for Charging
Attack Roll (Strength VS AC): [roll0]
If Hit Damage: [roll1]

If the attack hits, Free Action: Stone Fist Flurry of Blows on Goblin C3
The goblin takes 7 damage

Also, Alisha is not killing the goblins, merely knocking them unconscious.

Emongnome777
2011-08-31, 09:51 PM

Torrin cursed himself for not seeing the ambush and was startled by the arrow landing at his feet. He saw that Alisha wasn't so lucky, however, but she bore the wound well. He hesitated to bark out orders like he was accustomed to, but he couldn't let indecision influence him.

He surveyed the enemy and knew that the two wolf-riders posed the greatest threat. Pointing toward them, he called out, "onward! We must defeat these vile bandits!" He rushed forward against the nearest goblin rider while drawing his longsword and made a simple feint before thrusting it toward the creature, attempting to catch it unaware.

Minor Action:
Draw longsword

Move Action:
Move to G4 (away from C2 to avoid OA)

Standard Action:
Charge to J4, MBA vs. B2 (on W2)
...Attack: [roll0] vs. AC (15) (+1 from charge)
...Damage: [roll1]

Summary:
B2: 9 Damage
End Position: J4
Torrin follows up his proclamation with action. His sword pierces the goblin's side. It dodged at the last moment, making it a glancing attack, but it wounds the creature nonetheless. Staring the goblin in the eyes, he says, "you chose the wrong group to attack."

RayGallade
2011-08-31, 11:29 PM
Erevan Rasenutt, Eladrin Wizard

Just as Erevan was about to warn the goblins that they chose the wrong group to attack, they suddenly struck. He was unable to stop them from sinking their blades into him, the sting causing him to yelp in pain, loose his concentration, and accidentally drop the stones that had been floating around his head.

Now, though, Erevan was ready to strike. Calling upon his ties to the Feywild, he took a single step and disappeared, reappearing closer to the northern goblin sniper. During all of this, he heard a voice call out, telling them that they were not alone. This gave him an idea, so he then called out, "Weiss, this may hurt a little, but it should buy you some time. Get up and run to safety as soon as you can.

Once he finished saying that, he willed his mind to strike out at the wolf, attempting to bend its mind to his will. As soon as his mental assault was finished, he called upon his inner strength to send out a second blast of mental energy, attempting to weaken the will of the goblins without still blasting Weiss.

Move Action: Fey Step to N3
Standard Action: Mind Thrust (Augment 1) on W1

Attack: INT vs Will: [roll0]

Damage: [roll1]
Effect: Target takes -4 to Will until the end or Erevan's next turn.

Action Point: Dishearten (Augment 1) Centered on Weiss

Attack: Weiss INT vs. Will: [roll2]

Vs W1 INT vs Will: [roll3]

Vs B1 INT vs Will: [roll4] (Critical: 10 damage)

Vs C4 INT vs Will: [roll7]

Damage: [roll8]
Effect: -2 to attacks and no opportunity attacks until the end of Erevan's next turn.

OOC:
Now, let's see if Erevan ruined everything just now or if he actually managed to give Weiss a chance to escape. At least Weiss is prone, that helps him.

Edit: Oh, that's nice. Sorry Weiss, I thought your +2 to defense would save you.

Viashino_wizard
2011-09-01, 05:34 PM

Weiss grunts as the wolf bites into his foot, knocking him off balance. The dragonborn's ears pop as his companion's psychic attack washes over him. Blinking at the colors popping in front of his eyes, Weiss stands unsteadily before shaking his head to clear it. "Maybe a little," he mutters, too low for anyone else to hear.

He glares at the wolf who had tripped him, making a quick gesture with his hand, laying a magical curse on the animal. "Bad dog," he growls. Seeing that three of the goblins surrounding him had been knocked out of commission, Weiss takes advantage of the remaining foes' distress to fall back to a better position.

OOC:
Move: Stand up from prone.
Minor: Place Curse on W1.
Standard: Move to I7.

I think you messed up my health a bit. I was at 19 after that attack, not 21. I'm at 13 and bloodied now.

Lunarix
2011-09-03, 12:04 PM
"I'll handle this goblin and join you in a moment." Rufus grunts as he is drawing his hammer and shield, striking at the goblin and moving to the side.

Minor: Draw hammer and shield
Free: Nature's Wrath on C1 (target is marked)
Standard: Weight of Earth

Strength vs AC
Attack: [roll0]
Damage [roll1] and target is slowed

Move : Shift to B5

GDark08
2011-09-04, 11:10 AM
As the new strangers charge into battle, two of the goblins are brought down quickly by Alisha; with her careful and precise strikes, both are knocked out and fall to the ground unconscious. Erevan's attempt at meeting his own escape and counter-attack proves to be rather chaotic, striking out at Weiss, but also manages disorient the rest of the party. As another goblin falls with a clatter, blood dripping from his ears as his mind shatters, the wolf and its rider look stricken but still able to fight. Urging his beast to pounce, the rider strikes at the only target being Alisha with his javelin.

Meanwhile, Torrin engages with the other rider and is able to draw blood. The rider gives a slight kick to his steed's head, urging it to go in for the kill as it lunges forward, its maw wide open.

Engaged in his own battle, Rufus' finds that the small goblin proves to be a slippery adversary, able to dodge just out of his strike. Moving carefully around the goliath, the goblin lunges forward again with its blade.

Meanwhile in the forest brush, both the goblin snipers look on as they see many of their comrades fall and their war band begin to disperse. Seeing their leading officers engaged in their own fights, the try to aide by continuing to aim and fire off shots at Torrin and Alisha, believing that they may be able to distract them long enough for the wolves to land a clear blow while their guards' are down.

Battle Map:
3|||||.|.|.||.|||.|.|ER.||||
4||||||||||TG|W2*|||||||
5|C1|RT||||||||||||||||
6|||||||||||||AM|W1*||||
7|||||||||WE|||||||||
8|||||||||.|.|.|.||||||

Notes:

Attack Rolls:

S1:
Ranged attack VS. Torrin's AC: [roll0]

S2:
Ranged attack VS. Alisha's AC: [roll1]

C1:
Triggered Action on Rufus' turn: C1 shifts to A4 due to Goblin Tactics
Move: Shift to A5
Standard: Melee attack VS. Rufus' AC: [roll2]

W1:
Move: Move to N6

B1:
Standard: Melee attack VS. Alisha's AC: [roll3]

W2:
Standard: Melee attack VS. Torrin's AC: [roll4]

Enemies:
W1 | 16 | 14 | 15 | 13 | 32/38 |-2 to Attacks; Cannot make Opportunity Attacks; Cursed by Weiss
B1 | 15 | 13 | 15 | 13 | 19/29 | -2 to Attacks; Cannot make Opportunity Attacks
B2 | 15 | 13 | 15 | 13 | 20/29 | --
C2 | 16 | 12 | 14 | 13 | DOWN | --
C3 | 16 | 12 | 14 | 13 | DOWN | --
C4 | 16 | 12 | 14 | 13 | DEAD | --[/table]

W = Gray Wolves
B = Goblin Beast Rider
S = Goblin Sniper
C = Goblin Cutter

Party:
Alisha | 21/25 | 0/8 | 0/1 | --
Erevan | 16/24 | 0/7 | 1/1 | --
Rufus | 31/35 | 0/13 | 0/1 | --
Torrin | 10/24 | 0/9 | 0/1 | --
Weiss | 13/30 | 0/10 | 0/1 | -2 to Attacks; no Opportunity Attacks[/table]

Initiative:
12.5 -Enemies
9.4-Adventurers

OOC:
Crap, sorry guys, going to try those attack rolls over in the OOC thread.

Demonicheart
2011-09-04, 07:21 PM

Alisha was prepared to fight against her own wolf-riding goblin when the sound of fangs sinking into flesh brought her back to the realization that there were more foes than simply the one in front of her. She needed to help her allies. A small frown formed on her face as she commented to her goblin rider, "If you are still conscious after this, I will return shortly to finish the task." She quickly lifted her right foot off the ground and spun around like a top in mid-air taking swings at both the goblin and his furry companion.

The brown haired martial artist used the momentum from her assault to spin away from her current foe and land directly behind the rider assaulting Torrin. She gave a small smile as she once again launched into a tornado of kicks at the second rider and beast. With her twin attacks finished she called out to Torrin, "Sorry for intruding, Torrin, I know I shouldn't worry...but it is just my nature." She was well aware that even with his wounds, Torrin was far from out of the fight. Alisha just wanted to make sure the situation didn't get any worse.

Round Actions
Standard Action: Five Storms on B1 and W1.
Attack Roll for B1 (Dex vs Reflex): [roll0]
Attack Roll for W1 (Dex vs Reflex): [roll1]
If hit Damage Roll: [roll2] (Stone Fist Flurry of Blows already added in))

Move Action: Five Storms Movement Style
Effect: Alisha shifts 2 squares to L4

Action Point!

Standard Action: Five Storms on B2 and W2.
Effect: Combat Advantage for Flanking
Attack Roll for B2 (Dex vs Reflex): [roll3]
Attack Roll for W2 (Dex vs Reflex): [roll4]
If hit Damage Roll: [roll5] (Stone Fist Flurry of Blows already added in))

Lunarix
2011-09-04, 07:37 PM
Rufus grunts after getting a minor wound from the goblins sword. Tightening the grip of the hammer in his hand Rufus barks"Bah! hold still goblin!"

Free: Nature's Wrath on C1 (target is marked)

Strength vs AC
Damage [roll1] and target is slowed

Move : Shift to B6

Viashino_wizard
2011-09-04, 08:54 PM

Weiss quickly gestures at the goblin riding the wolf who attacked him, cursing the beast's master as well. He circles backwards to move behind Torrin, causing his form to waver slightly. "Remind me to thank you for your assistance," he mutters. Weiss' eyes glow a brilliant white as he grips his focusing rod and points at one of the goblin snipers, calling a beam of cold light down on it.

OOC:
Minor: Curse B1.
Move: Move to H7 then to I4, triggering Shadow Walk.
Standard: Dire Radiance against S2

Attack: [roll0] vs. Fortitude

Emongnome777
2011-09-04, 09:27 PM

Torrin is grateful that Alisha moves toward him to help down the enemies in front of him. He stabs again at the goblin, this time hoping to cause the goblin to shift off balance giving Alisha an opening she can use to her advantage.

As he's attacking, he encourages Weiss who stepped behind him, saying, "take heed! Our shared enemies are not long for this world, my dragonborn ally."

Standard Action:
Furious Smash vs. B2
...Attack: [roll0] vs. AC (15)
...Damage: 4
...Hit Effect: Alisha gains a +3 power bonus to the next attack roll and damage roll that she makes against B2 before the end of her next turn.

Minor Action:
Inspiring Word on Weiss
Weiss gains his healing surge value + [roll1].

Summary:
End Position: J4
B2 damage: 4
Weiss hp regained: 20

RayGallade
2011-09-05, 09:35 AM
Erevan sees that Weiss is now safe and turns his attention to the nearest sniper who has been harassing them. Now he moves so that he has a fairly clear shot at him, he once again assaults with his mind, trying to melt the goblin's brain under his psychic attacks.

Move Action: Move to P4

Standard Action: Mind Thrust on S1

Attack: INT vs. Will: [roll0]

OOC
Oh, well it's a good thing this goblin was a minion. Can't believe I mis-typed that damage roll.

GDark08
2011-09-05, 05:31 PM
The battle rages on! Thinking themselves relatively safe while with cover, the goblins stationed in the forest brush were caught completely by surprise as their victims quickly countered with their own attacks! With Weiss's searing yet cold light and Erevan's psionic attacks, both goblins dropped from their positions to the grassy ground beneath them.

Seeing their group quickly being picked down one by one, the goblin leaders both looked to each other, one seemingly flaring his nostrils at the other, and he nodding in response. The furthest from the now allied group took aim at Erevan and hurled the javelin from his hand straight for the eladrin, laying a piercing blow against his side. The other quickly dismounted from his beast, but not before slapping the side of its leg. It then thrust its own weapon for Torrin, but it merely slipped against his armored side.

The still ridden wolf move for Alisha, fangs bared for attack, but came only so close to gripping flesh in its maw. Similarly, the wolf who's rider had dismounted followed its master's instructions and then slipped quickly by Torrin to attack him from his opposite side, but came too short of a clean blow.

Meanwhile, Rufus' the goliath was faring with own, tricky goblin fighter. Proving to be very experienced at dealing with larger foes, it slipped its way past the warden's every move and proceeded to counter again, though this time with not much luck as his sword merely bounced against a side of his leg armor.

Battle Map:
2|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.
3|||||.|.|.||.||W2|.|.|.||||
4|||||||||WE|TG||AM||||ER||
5||||||||||B2|||W1*|||||
6||RT|C1|||||||||||||||
7||||||||||||||||||
8|||||||||.|.|.|.||||||
9|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.|.

Notes:

Attack Rolls:

C1:
Triggered Action on Rufus' turn: C1 shifts to B5 due to Goblin Tactics.
Move: Shift to C6
Standard: Melee attack VS. Rufus' AC: [roll0] Miss

B1:
Standard: Ranged attack VS. Erevan's AC: [roll1] Damage: [roll2]

B2:
Move: Dismount; land in square J5
Standard: Melee attack VS. Torrin's AC: [roll3] Miss

W1:
Move: Shift to M5
Standard: Melee attack VS. Alisha's AC: [roll5] Miss

W2
Move: Shift to K3
Standard: Melee attack VS. Torrin's AC: [roll7] Miss

Enemies:
W1 | 16 | 14 | 15 | 13 | 32/38 | Cursed by Weiss
B1 | 15 | 13 | 15 | 13 | 7/29 | Cursed by Weiss
B2 | 15 | 13 | 15 | 13 | 16/29 | --
S1 | 13 | 12 | 14 | 12 | DEAD | --
S2 | 13 | 12 | 14 | 12 | DEAD | --

W = Gray Wolves
B = Goblin Beast Rider
S = Goblin Sniper
C = Goblin Cutter

Party:
Alisha | 21/25 | 0/8 | 1/1 | --
Erevan | 9/24 | 0/7 | 1/1 | --
Weiss | 30/30 | 1/10 | 0/1 | --[/table]

Initiative:
12.5 -Enemies
9.4-Adventurers

Viashino_wizard
2011-09-05, 06:16 PM

Weiss, having been fully revitalized by Torrin's assistance, takes a step backwards, carefully maneuvering out of the nearby goblin's reach before turning his attention to rider still mounted. "Careful friend," he mutters to the warlord, taking aim at his target. "You're looking the worse for wear." So saying, he called another beam of light down. The warlock's curse flares slightly, ready to bite into the goblin's flesh should the attack connect.

Weiss turns his gaze to the dismounted rider. "You're next," he states, cursing him.

OOC:
Move: Shift to H4
Standard: Dire Radiance on B1

Attack: [roll0] vs. Fortitude
Damage: [roll1] + [roll2] Curse damage.

Minor: Warlock's Curse on B2.

Lunarix
2011-09-05, 06:34 PM

"You're proving to only be a nuisance"Rufus showing a little anger on his face at the fact that the little goblin is much more deft then he originally gave him credit for.
Looking to see how his other comrades were doing and Seeing Torrin pretty badly wounded. "I'll help you when i Can Torrin! but this goblin wont hold still!"

Standard: Strength of Earth

Strength vs AC [roll0]

Move: Shift to C5

Demonicheart
2011-09-05, 06:46 PM

The brown haired woman carefully weaved her way out from between the rider and the two beast. That much was easy enough for her to accomplish. What bothered her more was the risky maneuver she was about to perform. Once more she spun around in an almost dance-like stance swinging her legs wide to hopefully catch the dismounted rider and his pet in her whirlwind. Even though Torrin was also in range of her assault, she kept strict control over her own body tucking in her leg so that there was no chance of striking her ally. Alisha silently thought about the true risk as she proceeded, It would be easier to strike the goblin on foot if I moved behind him...but that would mean ignoring the wolf...I hope I am not being greedy...

Round Actions
Move Action: Shift to K4

Standard Action: Five Storms on B2 and W2.
Effects: +3 attack roll and damage bonus against B2.
Goblin Attack Roll (Dex VS Reflex 15): [roll0]
Wolf Attack Roll (Dex VS Reflex 15): [roll1]
Damage Roll: [roll2] Stone Flurry added in. Also forgot the +3 applies to damage too so Goblin takes 13 damage.

Emongnome777
2011-09-05, 08:16 PM

Ignoring his own wounds, Torrin calls out to Erevan to encourage him. "Stand tall, my new ally! Together, we will prevail this day."

He turns back to the severely wounded goblin. Without a word, he takes a swing at it, attempting to finish it off.

Minor Action:
Inspiring Word on Erevan: Healing Surge + [roll0]

Move Action:
Shift to I5

Standard Action:
MBA vs. B2
...Attack: [roll1] vs. AC (15)
...Damage: [roll2]
Assuming Alisha applied the FoB damage to B2 and not W2, then a hit kills B2 (I'll assume that).

Summary:
End Position: I5
B2: 5 Damage, killing it.
Erevan: Healed 13 hit points
The goblin's meager defenses are not enough as Torrin slashes the creature across the chest, killing it.

RayGallade
2011-09-05, 11:10 PM

Erevan howls in pain as the goblin's javelin enters his side, the pain of the previous wounds compounding the feeling. Still, after he sways for a moment, he stands firm through it.

When Torrin calls out the encouragement, Erevan finds the strength within him to call upon his psychic powers, knitting some of his flesh back together. He calls back a response to his new ally, "Ah, thank you for the words, they give me hope.

He then looks to give aid through his mind once more, staying where he is right now and picking a spot to focus his psychic powers. Having chosen a spot, he blasts the general area with demoralizing thoughts to attempt to bring down the wolf. As soon as his mental attack is finished, he makes a move to try and get closer to his allies.

Standard Action: Dishearten, base square: N5
Attack: INT vs Will: [roll0]

Move Action: Move to K7, avoiding AoO squares from W1

GDark08
2011-09-12, 10:23 PM
The battle soon begins to raise to a clamour as the leading goblins both drop dead to the ground. However their beasts are still more than willing to continue on with the fight. One of the wolves notices Erevan rushing around it from behind, and already rather tense, it shifts its attention towards the eladrin with a massive bite, but only snaps shut a few inches short of him. The second wolf takes a moment to direct its gaze at Alisha and pounces upon her, and manages to make a clean bite, its teeth sinking into the side of her leg.

Meanwhile, Rufus' continues to have troubles with the one remaining goblin. It seems as though it continues to fight in a frenzy, completely ignorant of the fate that had befallen its comrades. Again dodging another hammer swing, it darts around the goliath and again strikes with its blade, only to have it once more bounce back off his thick armor. Clearly this goblin did not know of repetition.

Battle Map:
3|||||.|.|.||.||W2|.|.|.||||
4||||||||WE||||AM||||||
5||C1|RT||||||TG|||||||||
6||||||||||||W1||||||
7|||||||||||ER|||||||
8|||||||||.|.|.|.||||||

Notes:

Attack Rolls:

C1:
Triggered Action on Rufus' turn: C1 shifts to B6 due to Goblin Tactics
Move Action: Shift to B5
Standard Action: Melee attack VS. Rufus' AC: Miss.

W1:
Move Action: Shift to L6
Standard Action: Melee attack VS. Erevan's AC: [roll1] Miss.

W2:
Standard Action: Melee attack VS. Alisha's AC: [roll[1d20+7 23 (From OOC thread) 7 damage.

Enemies:
W1 | 16 | 14 | 15 | 13 | 24/38 | Cursed by Weiss
B1 | 15 | 13 | 15 | 13 | DEAD | --
B2 | 15 | 13 | 15 | 13 | DEAD | --

Party:
Alisha | 14/25 | 0/8 | 1/1 | --
Erevan | 22/24 | 1/7 | 1/1 | --

Initiative:
12.5 -Enemies
9.4-Adventurers

Demonicheart
2011-09-13, 04:38 AM

For a moment, Alisha had pited the now masterless beasts. They had no choice about who their riders fought and were little more than distractions now. She even reasoned that if the wolves stopped their assault, she would have no qualms about letting them go. However, the snap at her leg and the pain that followed it quickly brought her back to reality. She spoke her thoughts aloud more for her own sake than her allies, "These wolves are too loyal to flee with their masters' passing. We must deal with them as well it seems." She hadn't forgotten that Rufus was having problems with the last remaining goblin nor that the first two she struck were simply knocked out. Alisha reasoned that they needed to end this quickly.

The female monk tried her best to block out the pain in her right leg as she side-stepped around the uninjured wolf. The young woman entered the edge of the brush around the road before she dared to strike. She took a simple step back, breathing in deeply with her arms pulled back. In a single fluid motion, she pushed her open palms forward. Her arms straightened and although it was painful, she tried to keep her balance on her right leg. Alisha aimed her palms directly at the top of the wolf's head knowing full well that if she connected, the beast would likely be reeling from the hard blow.

Round Actions
Move Action: Shift to L3

Standard Action: Opening the Gate of Battle on W2.
Attack Roll (Dex VS Reflex 15): [roll0]
Hit Damage: [roll1] plus [roll2]

Stone Flurry of Blows on W2. The wolf takes 5 damage. Total Damage: 22

Emongnome777
2011-09-13, 08:59 AM

Torrin bites his lip and ignores the bleeding wounds he's suffered and moves to flank the wolf that Alisha is fighting. He quickly stabs at the beast, but instead of going for the kill, feints then tries to smack it on the head with the pommel of his blade, attempting to disorient the creature enough to allow Alisha a better attack.

Move Action:
Move to I4 - J3 (flanking with Alisha)

Standard Action:
Furious Smash vs. W2
...Attack: [roll0] vs. AC (16)
...Damage: 4
...Hit Effect: Alisha gains +3 power bonus to attack and damage on next single attack against W2 until end of her next turn.

Summary:
W2: 4 Damage
Torrin: Currently at J3
Alisha: Gain +3 power bonus to attack and damage on next single attack against W2 until end of your next turn.

Viashino_wizard
2011-09-14, 06:28 PM

Wiess moves back to get a better shot, causing his form to distort and waver. He glances over his shoulder and makes a quick gesture, cursing the goblin antagonizing Rufus. "Leave that one to me. I think the others could use your aide," he calls to the giant before returning his attention to the wolves. Pitch black tendrils of of pure empty space snake from his hand, trying to bore into the cursed wolf's flesh and sap its vitality.

Move: Move to G4, then G7, trigger Shadow Walk
Minor: Warlock's Curse on C1
Standard: Vampiric Embrace on W1

Attack: 1d20+5+1 vs. Will
Damage: [roll0] + [roll1] Necrotic, gain 5 temp HP on hit

Lunarix
2011-09-15, 01:53 AM
Rufus glances back and sees the stranger assisting him with the pesky goblin."Thanks stranger.... As for you goblin, I tire of this." Tactfully withdrawing, Rufus moves to better assist with the wolves.

Move: Shift to D6
Downgrading standard to move
Move: move to J5
ACTION POINT
Standard: Thorn Strike on W1
1d20+6
If Hit: [roll0] and pull W1 to K5 and is marked.

RayGallade
2011-09-16, 11:40 PM

Erevan exclaims in fright as the wolf bites at him, quickly jumping back a short ways to escape. He then blasts the beast with his mind, trying to get rid of the thing.

He is so focused on getting rid of this wolf that he doesn't have time to check for how things are going elsewhere in the battle.

Turn Actions:
Move Action: Shift to J6
Standard Action: Mind Thrust on W1

GDark08
2011-09-19, 08:56 PM
As they are assaulted individually from all sides, the wild wolves grow weary with their attempts to fight back, but just one look into their blood-thirsty eyes and gasps of breath was sure sign they had not lost their bite. Having been ensared by Rufus', one wolf turns up on its goliath attacker and delivers a powerful bite into his flesh. Another makes a desperate attack on Torrin, but the human warrior's shield thankfully bars its way.

Meanwhile, Rufus' goblin opponent finds itself suddenly abandoned. While at first confused as to the departure of his sparring partner, it's usually green face turns red with rage as it then runs after the goliath, spouting off a slew of garish and vulgar curses in goblin tongue.

Battle Map:
3|||||.|.|.||.|TG|W2|AM.|.|.||||
4||||||||||||||||||
5||||||||C1||RT||||||||
6||||||||||ER|W1|||||||
7|||||||WE|||||||||||
8|||||||||.|.|.|.||||||

Notes:

Actions:

C1:
Move: H5

W1:
Standard: Melee attack VS. Rufus' AC: [roll0]; Damage: [roll1]

W2:
Standard: Melee attack VS. Torrin's AC: [roll2]; Damage: [roll3] Missed.

Enemies:
W1 | 16 | 14 | 15 | 13 | 10/38 | Cursed by Weiss; Marked by Rufus
W2 | 16 | 14 | 15 | 13 | 12/38 | --
C1 | 16 | 12 | 14 | 13 | 1/1 | Cursed by Weiss

Party:
Rufus | 20/35 | 0/13 | 1/1 | --

Initiative:
12.5 -Enemies
9.4-Adventurers

Viashino_wizard
2011-09-20, 01:16 AM

Weiss inhales deeply before breathing a cloud of freezing mist over the remaining goblin, but in its anger it barrels right through and emerges unharmed. Weiss stares blankly for a fraction of a moment. 'Clearly fate has something in store for this creature,' he muses, returning his attention to the wolves. He lays a curse on the one harassing his traveling companion before calling a ray of starlight down upon it.

Minor: Dragon Breath on C1
Move (Minor): Curse on W1
Standard: Dire Radiance on W1

Attack: [roll0] vs. Fort
Damage: [roll1] Radiant, target takes another [roll2] if it moves closer to me on its next turn.
Curse: [roll3]

Demonicheart
2011-09-20, 06:58 AM

The female martial artist took full advantage of Torrin's opening. While she did find it somewhat regrettable, she decided to deal a lethal blow to the wolf. It had been trained to attack even without a master and had a taste for human blood. Furthermore, she certainly didn't have the skills necessary to calm a savage beast. It would be a danger to others should it be allowed to live. She mentally apologized for what she was about to do.

The brown haired woman leaped into the air and brought her right leg back. She spun her leg in a high arch over her head to build up momentum before she sent her heel crashing down towards the wolf's head with enough force to match a warhammer swing. She just hoped her intended target would remain still long enough for her deathblow to connect.

With the first wolf pounded hard into the ground and beaten, Alisha takes a brief glance around before moving into flanking position to aid against the final beast, "We should end this now. The wolf is on its last leg as it is. Try to make the last blow a quick one."

Round Actions
Standard Action: Dragon Tail on Wolf 2.
Effects: +2 for Combat Advantage, +3 Furious Smash bonus.
Attack Roll (Dex VS Fort 14): [roll0]
Damage Roll: [roll1] with Stone Flurry added in.

Move Action: Move to L7 to flank with Rufus

Emongnome777
2011-09-20, 07:22 AM

After Alisha finishes off the wolf, Torrin steps around to the east of the remaining wolf who is busy with the dragonborn. It nips at him, but he waits patiently until it provides an opening for him to strike.

Move Action:
Move to L6 (K4-L4-M5-L6, no OA)

Standard Action:
MBA vs. W1
...Attack: [roll0] vs. AC (16) - Add 4 from human racial power (Heroic Effort?) if it will turn a miss into a hit.
...Damage: [roll1] - Dead on a hit
The blade pierces the wounded creature's neck, killing it. He looks up at the remaining goblin and says, "surrender now or meet the same fate as your friends."

Summary:
W1 - 5 Damage - DEAD
TG - End Position L6

RayGallade
2011-09-21, 08:45 AM

With both wolves now dead, Erevan is free to turn and face the goblin. Doing so, he then reaches out with his mind to the creature, attempting to psychically convince it to give up its fight. Eyes glowing, he unleashes the power of his mind.

Turn Actions:
Standard Action: Dishearten on C1
Damage: (Non-lethal)

Lunarix
2011-09-21, 03:54 PM
After getting bitten by the wolf and seeing his comrades make quick work of them he turn around to face the goblin.
"You're a deft one goblin, but you can't dodge forever. Surrender now!"

Readying an action if he tries to run.

Standard Action: Thorn Strike on C1

Demonicheart
2011-10-14, 10:28 AM
Despite the overwhelming odds and the defeat of his allies, the goblin did not run away. The last goblin standing glared defiantly at the goliath that had been his sparring partner since this failed assault began. He let out a battle cry and once more tried to stab Rufus with his small blade. Whether this move was bravado at the thought that he was too quick for his foes or stupidity for not reading the flow of battle remained to be seen. Unfortunately for him, the small creature only scratched Rufus' armor instead of his skin. However, it was clear as day that the only way to stop this goblin would be to knock it out cold.

Alisha Marian, Human Monk and Rufus, Goliath Warden
The young woman arched a quick brow at the determined goblin before commenting aloud, "...arrogance usually comes before a fall." With a small sigh she began to circle around the combat. She called out to one of the strangers she was assisting, "Sir Eladrin, you were trying to cast a spell on him, yes? I'll do my best to help you with that." The glow in the eladrin's eyes when he launched his past mental assaults hadn't gone unnoticed and she figured that he would have the best chance to catch the goblin unawares. Alisha positioned herself right behind the goblin and pulled back her right fist. As expected, the small minion backed up from her not realizing it was just a feint.

She noticed Rufus swing his massive hammer once more further cutting off the goblin's escape, "Running out of dodging space, goblin." He knew what Alisha was trying to do and would be more than happy to oblige.

Battle Map:
4||||||||||||||||||
5||||||||AM|C1|RT||||||||
6||||||||||ER||TG||||||
7|||||||WE|||||||||||
8|||||||||.|.|.|.||||||

Notes:

Actions:

C1:
Move: H6
Standard: Melee attack VS. Rufus' AC: [roll0];
Damage: 5 if it hits

Alisha's Round Action
Move Action: Move to H7-G6-H5
Standard Action: Aid Attack. Erevan gains +2 bonus on the next attack against the goblin.

Rufus' Round Action
Free Action: Mark the Goblin
Standard Action: Aid Attack. Erevan gains a +4 bonus on the next attack against the goblin.

Enemies:
W1 | 16 | 14 | 15 | 13 | DEAD | --
W2 | 16 | 14 | 15 | 13 | DEAD | --
C1 | 16 | 12 | 14 | 13 | 1/1 | Cursed by Weiss, Marked by Rufus

Party:
Rufus | 20/35 | 0/13 | 1/1 | --

Initiative:
12.5 -Enemies
9.4-Adventurers

Emongnome777
2011-10-14, 10:42 AM

Torrin steps around the group and aligns himself with the others to assist the Eladrin.

Move Action:
Move to I6

Standard Action:
Aid Another: Grant Erevan a +2 to next attack (+6 now)

RayGallade
2011-10-15, 07:30 PM

Erevan notes that his new allies have set themselves up to help him with the goblin problem that they are currently having. He focuses and prepares to unleash another mental assault on the goblin.

"This is your last chance, surrender goblin," he commands before letting loose the full power of his mind, doing his best to leave the goblin's mental capacity intact after the assault.

Standard Action: Mind Thrust on C1
Attack: [roll0] vs. C1's Will
Damage: Non-lethal

Demonicheart
2011-10-15, 08:31 PM
The last goblin found little dodging room left and by the time the psychic assault came, his mind was too distracted to put up any true resistance. He let out a squeal of pain before falling backwards on the ground. Unconscious but still very much alive. With the threat dealt with, the Kings Road was once more peaceful. The five travelers would have a respite for the moment.

Alisha took the time to catch her breath as the adrenaline rush faded, "That...should be all of them. I think we have a little time before the two I knocked out before and this last one come to. Maybe we can learn something...but for now, is everyone alright?" Her eyes shifted between her familiar allies and the newcomers. Clearly she was concerned about all present in the area.

Emongnome777
2011-10-17, 10:10 AM

Torrin pumps his fist when the last goblin finally falls. "Well done, my friends!" He sheathes his sword and pats Rufus and Alisha on the back. He then walks over to the two individuals they helped to defeat the goblins. "Greetings and well met. My name is Torrin and my friends are Alisha and Rufus," he says as he points to the other two. "Have you need of any assistance?"

Torrin glances at the three goblins still alive but unconscious. "Hmm, we do need to do something about these. I doubt there is anyone that has authority in this area that we may turn them in for proper justice. Does anyone have any thoughts on how to handle these?"

Demonicheart
2011-10-26, 06:02 PM
Alisha Marian, human monk

After catching her breath, the female martial artist pulled out a bit of rope and began to tie the three unconscious goblins together with their backs facing each other. She hazard a nervous smile, "I'll admit...I'm not that skilled with tying knots...but hopefully this will be enough to keep them from causing trouble. Perhaps we can even convince them to talk to us about what is going on in the region." As the thought of what to do with them was raised, the brown haired woman rubbed her chin, "If it were up to me, I would let them go without their weapons if they were co-operative. Unless there are more in the area, these goblins have lost enough of their attack force that they can't plan a new assault anytime soon. Maybe I'm just too merciful but that is my opinion none the less."

Alisha barely finishes her rope work before the first goblin starts waking up. Soon the second and the skilled evader are all awake and struggling against their restraints. They begin speaking to one another but its in the goblin tongue. The young woman blinks a bit and turns to her allies, "Um...do you suppose these goblins can only speak their native tongue? That would make communication a bit difficult..." The three goblins perk their ears at this and obviously understood it. They began to make a very pathetic attempt to pretend not to understand common. However, considering the occasional 'um' and 'eh' in their speech and the fact that they were barely holding back grins, it was clear as day to everyone present that they knew common well enough to speak it.

Alisha briefly rubbed the bridge of her nose with her right hand, I...think I'll let someone else tell these goblins they are not deceiving anyone here...this is...just sad really...

Alisha's thievery check for tying a tight knot, [roll0]

Note: I did actually roll bluff checks for the goblins but let's not embarrass them further by showing the exact numbers. Let's just say, single digit bluff checks mean DOGS know they aren't being truthful.

Emongnome777
2011-10-27, 09:32 AM

Torrin approaches Alisha while staying near the goblins. Speaking in normal tones and loud enough for the goblins to hear, he says, "indeed. We are in need of information that these goblins can probably provide. I'd agree to let them go with that information, but if they can't speak common, then we have no recourse but to kill them." He draws his sword and pauses, as if not wanting to kill the creatures.

Bluff Check to convince the goblins that he will kill them if he can't get information: [roll0] (not sure on the modifier, but I don't think I'm trained in it).

NOTE: At work, I don't have access to Myth-Weavers. I usually just create a PM I send to myself that has all the character information I need to play him in pbp, but I haven't done that because I wasn't sure this game would survive. If we're plowing ahead, then I'll create a character sheet I can reference.

Demonicheart
2011-10-27, 11:29 AM
The Goblins, humanoid cowards

All three goblins exclaimed in unision in common as their eyes focused on the warlord's exposed blade, "WHAT?!" Apparently the bluff was working like a charm and the three now believed that their lives would be lost if they played any more games with the travelers. The first goblin cried out in a hurried tone, "Why do you want to know anything?! You've got another stinking elf with you." The second goblin added in, "Yeah, with elves, the armored humans and the ugly frogs, we don't need more things ruining our hunts!" The goblin ace glanced at his buddies and for the moment chose to speak in common, "Both of you, shut up! With the leader dead, I'm in charge. I'll speak for us and you two keep your mouth closed!" Whether it was simply the shame at having been taken down first or the fact that the last goblin was still at least a little confident in his abilities, the other two obeyed silently agreeing upon their new leader.

The skilled goblin snapped at his underlings, "Don't spout stupid things! Open your noses and you'll see he doesn't smell like those elves in the woods!" The two underlings turned their attention to eladrin and began to sniff in his direction as if confirming that. The two nodded in agreement. The goblins did know a bit of the region but it might be best to focus their discussion on a single topic rather than let them continue along random tangents.

Emongnome777
2011-10-27, 12:52 PM

Sword still in hand, Torrin kneels down near the goblins, facing the presumed leader. "We're... new here, so do you care to explain who these elves, armored humans and ... frogs? are that were mentioned."

Demonicheart
2011-10-27, 01:46 PM
The elite goblin minion shifted his gaze between the blade and the human holding it. For the time being, the green skinned assailant stopped trying to escape his restraints and spoke openly, The elves live in the forest southeast past smelly human towns. We war with them for ages. Our clan will beat them someday and drive them from our forest. Now, we do other things to better our chances. Pointy-ears will get theirs soon. At the sound of this statement, the other two goblins shout out enthusiastically, "Down with the pointy-ears!"

Believing himself finished talking about the elves, the goblin began to speak on the other subjects, "The black and red armored humans are new. Plenty of humans in the valley before, but we see the armored ones all the time now. They not show up till many moon shifts ago. They march between human fort and human towns. They take wolves to train. We attacked them once, and they burn our war camp. They like to burn things, even their own human towns. We leave them alone, they ignore us.

Ugly frogmen live in the swamp west and a little south. They make even the elves and humans smell good. They stayed in their swamp till armored humans went in. Now the frogs come out and mess up our hunts. We're not stupid enough to attack them. The armored humans will burn us again."

Emongnome777
2011-10-28, 12:37 PM

When the goblin described the humans as wearinging "black and red armor", it only confirmed what Torrin feared. It was the same group that he was once a member of until about a year ago when he escaped.

He slowly stood, his own armor feeling a little heavier after hearing the confirmation. He sheathed his sword and walked to the rest of the group, he relayed to everyone what he knew about these humans, though his experience was limited and he knew regretfully little of their overall mission or leadership.

"What should we do with the goblins after we interrogate them? I'd be willing to let them go and get them to side with us against the humans if everyone agrees. I don't expect the goblins to be of much value, but the more that opposed them the better."

Note to DM
I worked with GDark08 via PM to develop my character's history, which centered around him being a former member of the military organization. Please review that and make sure you're comfortable with it. I tried to write it such that my character didn't have much in the way of special knowledge that gave him any advantage.

I also want to clear that I don't want any more "spotlight" time than any other character. His history may be tied in with the campaign more than most, but that doesn't mean this campaign should devolve into "Torrin and Friends".

Demonicheart
2011-11-28, 06:16 PM
Alisha and Rufus stood quietly as Torrin shared a difficult part of himself with the dragonborn and eladrin. They had both known about his history and long come to terms with it. There was no need to say anything more regarding it. Alisha gave her long time friend a reassuring smile as she thought, He knows that I'm here and willing to support him. Rufus had similar thoughts running through his own mind, Torrin is Torrin. His past is in the past. That's all that matters. The goblins were also listening and commenting among themselves in goblin. Still, the occasional glare from Rufus and a light wrap on the head from Alisha's quarterstaff quickly silenced any interruptions.

When the fate of the goblins was brought up, Rufus merely sighed as he muttered, "As annoying as they are, I'm not against letting them go." Weiss seemed to be lost in thought as his gaze focused directly on them but he nodded in agreement. Alisha knelt down beside the tied of humanoids and began to remove their restraints, "Alright then. You all are free to go...without your weapons. Don't trouble travelers anymore, okay?" After a few moments, the ropes loosened and the female monk reclaimed her gear. The self-appointed leader of the remaining goblins looked at the party with curiosity before shouting something in his native tongue. With that, all three goblins began to run south. Alisha sighed a little as she commented to herself, "I really hope they don't make us regret this."

Although she hadn't expected a response, the dragonborn chose to give one anyway, "This was the wisest course. I sense that they have a greater part to play in the events around this region...I should like to see it myself." With that he began to walk slowly in the direction the goblins fled. At least until Rufus stepped forward, "Hey, you're not thinking of following after them, are you?" The dragonborn stopped and turned to group, "...Yes. It is difficult to put into words, but I can sense the shifting of fate. It is calling to me and I must follow it. I'm sorry, Eravan, I'll be disappearing on you again. Still, I believe its a good idea if you stay with our new allies for awhile longer. We will meet up later though. I am sure of it." This has happened before to the Eravan. It was just one of those quirks about his friend. The goliath wasn't quite as convinced, "...and what are you gonna do when they ambush you again? Going alone after them is..." He really didn't want to call the dragonborn crazy but the thought was there. Weiss just gave a toothy smile and said, "Farewell friends, both old and new." With that he continued on his path and clearly wouldn't be persuaded to change his mind.

Rufus' muscles tensed a bit as he seemed torn. On the one hand, he had his reason for journeying the road to Harkenwold and he didn't want to disappoint his father. At the same time, he couldn't just leave the dragonborn alone even if he thought the lizardman was crazy. Eventually, he came to his own decision, "Alisha, Torrin...would it be alright to ask for a favor?" He dug into his travel pack and pulled out two sealed letters and a small scroll, "You know I was heading to Adbridge and later Harken to send these to my father's old friends. The scroll has everything you need to know about them. Its just...Well, someone needs to make sure the believer doesn't get himself killed. I...didn't have a good showing against them...but I figure I can take hits better then he can...but...the letters still need to be delivered and...well..." Alisha nodded a bit as she took the items, "I'll be sure to deliver them. With Torin's help, we'll make sure they arrive." Rufus muttered a brief apology and said his goodbyes to his friends, "I'll catch up later on. Maybe even convince the dragonborn to come with." Nothing more needed to be said as he ran off after the warlock leaving Alisha, Torin and Eravan to their own devices.

Alisha looked between Torin and Eravan, "Well, shall we be off?"

Demonicheart
2011-11-28, 06:17 PM
((rp revealing post since its apparently needed))

Emongnome777
2011-11-30, 09:45 AM

Torrin is grateful for the support he's received from the others. Many would assume he's a spy or simply lump him in with others in his former organization without giving him a chance to redeem himself. He can't change a past that included his aid in occupying several villages and a couple of small towns, but he can decide his future. He takes comfort in knowing that he doesn't have to face that future alone.

While odd, he accepts the dragonborn's decision. Rufus' decision, however, is somewhat harder to swallow. Nevertheless, Torrin has learned the value of individual choice and freedom to follow any path you want, so he simply agrees to deliver the letters and wishes the goliath a fond farewell.

Turning to his remaining allies (one familiar, one new), he starts heading down the road and says, "yes. Yes we shall."

With the holiday weekend behind me, I should be back to a good posting frequency.

RayGallade
2011-11-30, 10:05 AM

Erevan had silently observed all that had gone on between Alisha, Torrin, and the goblins, offering little comment as he figured they would know better than him on this matter. Still, when Weiss and the goliath left, he was caught off guard. Sure, Weiss had done this sort of thing before, something or other about the stars, but he was not prepared for them to split up again after only just meeting back up.

Now though, he would travel with new allies, and perhaps these ones might be more permanent than Weiss. "Indeed, that sounds like a good idea."

Demonicheart
2011-11-30, 05:08 PM
As you continue your journey along the King's Road, you barely manage to travel another mile before a peculiar sight appears in the distant horizon. As you round a bend in the road, you spy a pillar of black smoke rising steadily into the otherwise clear sky. Judging from the size, you have doubts that it was simply a campfire set aflame. Although the source of the smoke is obscured behind the rolling hills. You imagine it couldn't be too far away. It would mean taking a temporary detour from Albridge to reach it but you could do so.

Alisha stared upwards at the smoke and she frowned deeply, "I know we need to get to Albridge but...something...really isn't right about that."

Emongnome777
2011-12-01, 11:36 AM

Torrin watches the pillar of smoke for a moment before saying, "that smoke is black, like a thatch roof on fire. Someone may be in trouble and we should assist." He looks for a way to get there from the road and starts running toward the smoke.

Demonicheart
2011-12-03, 07:19 AM

Alisha gave a small reassuring smile to Erevan, "Torrin has a point...and we could truly use your help if trouble is on the horizon. Please join us in assisting." With her request done, the brown haired woman began to run after Torrin towards the source of the billowing smoke.

As the travelers grew ever closer, they were able to spy a farmstead along the dirt sideroad they had taken to reach it. Three buildings dotted the area, one obviously the farmhouse itself while the other two were likely sheds and storage areas. One of the side buildings was a total inferno and clearly the source of the smoke. Furthermore, a pitched battle seemed to be going on within the area. A beam of light scorched the ground in the distance as a missed spell discharged. The echo of swords clashing rang in the air and a loud death wail rang out as if someone had just perished.

Closing the distance, there seem to be two distinct sides to this particular conflict. On the first side, are several humans in black and red armor. They all wear a black cloak with a spiked circle design on the back. Considering Torrin's story and the goblins description earlier, it seems that these are members of the Iron Circle. You also notice a pair of wolves with them. There are several oil-covered unlit torches at their feet and it seems like they were the ones who started the initial fire.

The second "side" if it can be called as such is not as distinct in uniform or race. A white scaled dragonborn in robes stands along the road casting towards the brigands. A male tiefling in a violet brimmed hat and hide armor dances among the brigands trying to make them look like fools. Another more intimidating dragonborn with several scars and broken spikes stalks the edge of combat slicing at anything that gives him an opening. Finally, a bold eladrin seems to be fighting in the center of the fray trying to keep the foes distracted.

Link to the Battle (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224112)

RayGallade
2011-12-03, 11:13 AM

Before Erevan has a chance to respond to either of the two humans, they take off running towards the smoke. Sighing a little, Erevan takes off running after them, mentally cursing that his body is not used to running.

His senses soon pick up the sounds of battle, and although he knows not currently what is going on, he prepares for another battle.