PDA

View Full Version : Born in hell

Balor01
2011-08-20, 02:36 PM
For a long time I have this idea for NPC, but have not considered statting it. I'd like some ideas how strong/what classes would this character have in 3.5.

The tale:
- Borth was born to a peasant father, who was a gambler and a drunk
- When Borth was one, his father gambled his entire family to a demon and Borth, his mother, father and two sisters were all transported into Abyss
- Subdued to cruel games of lesser demons, Borth was used as sort of toy-gladiator, a participant to odd, cruel and sanity-breaking games and overall sick abuse of demon army troops battling the devils
- in despite the extreme hostility of demons and Abyss itself, Borth had something more. Unlike his siblings who died soon afterwards and his mother who bit off and ate her own tongue and clawed her eyes out during the mental torture, Borth became as tough, resilient, evil and as strong as any demon, at least in his soul
- at the age of 21 Borth, who was now nicknamed "Hezrou" due to his resilience and relentlessness, managed to trick, poison and kill his way to a creature who could - and would - cast a Plane shift spell. Of the price for this favour "Hezrou" does not speak.
- after his great plot, Hezrou was plane-shifted back to Material plane (he admits he killed the caster casting the spell by poisoning him)
- He is now a strange creature indeed, roaming the Material plane, chased by demons he tricked. Most of the time sleep-deprived, he is a man, walking a thin line between pure hallucinations and infirm sanity, waiting for his faith to unfold.

This.

Hanuman
2011-08-20, 02:55 PM
For a long time I have this idea for NPC, but have not considered statting it. I'd like some ideas how strong/what classes would this character have in 3.5.

The tale:
- Borth was born to a peasant father, who was a gambler and a drunk
- When Borth was one, his father gambled his entire family to a demon and Borth, his mother, father and two sisters were all transported into Abyss
- Subdued to cruel games of lesser demons, Borth was used as sort of toy-gladiator, a participant to odd, cruel and sanity-breaking games and overall sick abuse of demon army troops battling the devils
- in despite the extreme hostility of demons and Abyss itself, Borth had something more. Unlike his siblings who died soon afterwards and his mother who bit off and ate her own tongue and clawed her eyes out during the mental torture, Borth became as tough, resilient, evil and as strong as any demon, at least in his soul
- at the age of 21 Borth, who was now nicknamed "Hezrou" due to his resilience and relentlessness, managed to trick, poison and kill his way to a creature who could - and would - cast a Plane shift spell. Of the price for this favour "Hezrou" does not speak.
- after his great plot, Hezrou was plane-shifted back to Material plane (he admits he killed the caster casting the spell by poisoning him)
- He is now a strange creature indeed, roaming the Material plane, chased by demons he tricked. Most of the time sleep-deprived, he is a man, walking a thin line between pure hallucinations and infirm sanity, waiting for his faith to unfold.

This.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmdPQp6Jcdk

Sounds like you want to invoke sanity rules into the game. Ultimately I see this going the path of the Wanderer between Diablo and Diablo II, give him levels in something from BoVD, ect.

Urpriest
2011-08-20, 03:01 PM
Hellbred isn't quite the same story, but I could see the mechanics fitting quite well, with references to Law replaced with Chaos.

Balor01
2011-08-20, 03:40 PM
Tnx guys. After looking the stuff u I was thinking Lifedrinker or Souleater. I guess lifedrinker would be cool. Also if kid became a vampire real fast after (or before) entering Abyss he got some neat bonuses that would help him survive. (Sunlight could be a problem. Unless he sparkles in the dark :smallyuk: )

Prime32
2011-08-20, 03:42 PM
Tome of Fiends (http://dnd-wiki.org/wiki/Tome_of_Fiends_%283.5e_Sourcebook%29) is filled with material for a character like this, but it's intended for a high-op game.

Duncan_Ruadrik
2011-08-20, 10:45 PM
honestly, as a sort of gladiator forced to learn his enemies weaknesses to survive, forced to roam through city or wilderness, a ranger might be nifty fun and fitting. Favored enemy, decent combat capabilities, good skills... seems like a fit.