PDA

View Full Version : What is the most side splitting thing to have happened in your game?

Ferrus
2011-08-20, 03:09 PM
A few days ago in a game was DMing, the PC's had cleared half a dungeon and had decided to hide themselves away for a while in order to allow the wizard to prepare a new set of spells. By this point the dwarven wizard and paladin (both LG) had tired of the antics of our CN half-elf rogue. Thus leading to a short fight ending with a tied up and knocked out rogue.

The wizard then decided to use a found pot of ink to draw a winged phallus on the face of the unconcious rouge, which due to the saturation of magic in the area came to life and is now floating round the head of (and trying to make a nest in the nose of) the rogue. :smallbiggrin:

Devronq
2011-08-20, 03:42 PM
This may have be one of those situations where you had to be there to appreciated it bit it happened like 5years ago and everyone still refers to it as the funniest dnd moment. I was the dming with 2 other players and for whatever reason they weren't paying too much attention so I decided to talk in a weird voice. I said " you have come to the hills" in such a goofy voice my one player had a mouthful of pop and stayed it all over the other player when he burst out in laughter about it

TehLivingDeath
2011-08-20, 04:34 PM
You can have entire campaigns based around players working against each other. It's tricky and D&D isn't suited for it because the system was designed with teamwork in mind, but you can pull it off. You have to take the tier system into account and only do it if your players are competitive.

MesiDoomstalker
2011-08-20, 05:10 PM
My first DnD session ever, I was playing an Elf Duskblade. I was retconned onto the boat the party was on (it was a trading vessel of some kind, I was never given a straight answer on what our goals were). A bunch of fish-people things (not sure if I can say their names or not) attacked the hull of the ship beneath the water and punctured it and caused it to start sinking slowly. No one made checks to notice the boat sinking (except me but thats only because the DM kept making me roll and I had horrible rolls) when a pirate ship attacked us. The DM pointed out that a cannonball punctured the hull but you were sinking too fast for the size of the hole. Immediatly our Half-Beholder Bard (don't even ask) used his Lyre of Building (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#lyreofBuilding) to make our ship invulnerable. The DM stopped moving minis, looked him dead in the eye and said, "Congratulations, you just made a sinking ship invulnerable. You can't repair it because nails can't penetrate the wood and no one has any magic that could repair it." Needless to say, I came back for more after that.

Soranar
2011-08-20, 05:34 PM
We're about to face a big bad and I'm playing a notoriously stupid character (INT 6 barbarian) that punchs first (hobo fist of the forest build) and doesn't ask questions later. Most of my roleplaying involves sleeping off hangovers or killing stuff by punching it really hard.

Everyone else is playing a smart tier 1 or 2 character and I make a point to be plastered when I play my barb as it helped me stay in character.

At one point we're right next to a cliff (about 100 meter drop) and the big bad of the day casts antimagic field before flying off (ex forms of flight are more valuable then you'd think) and shooting down at us.

Remembering that I have a fair STR score and movement I decide to jump/grapple at the thing before trying to figure out if I actually can/should.

Turns out, after all the modifiers are figured out, I need to roll 15+ to make the jump.

I succeed.

I'm in a grapple 100 something meters above ground and I've just prevented my only means of flight of doing so...

20d6 damage later I'm told (after making my stabilization roll) that I've just defeated the big bad. (my DM expected us to run away since we had no defense vs a flying opponent in an antimagic field. The only reason the fall didn't kill me was that I happened to have an ungodly amount of hitpoints. Obviously this also killed the storyline he had in mind for the next several sessions and we found ourselves laughing histerically for the next hour while our DM tried to figure out what to do next )

Drelua
2011-08-20, 05:50 PM
Well, there was the time when we were playing Pathfinder and using the critical hit/fumble decks. A guy tried to attack my fighter, rolled a 1 and hit himself, and got a multi-crit (house rule), meaning he had to draw like 4 cards. He hit a nerve cluster in his chest, stabbed himself through the forearm, dropping his shield and knocked himself back 30 feet. We had to top playing for a few minutes 'cause we were laughing so hard from the image of a guy nailing his arm to his chest and getting launched across the room, where he twitched for 30 seconds. That was the one time the dice favoured me, and that was only because my outrageously lucky DM did the rolling. I'll try to come up with a few more.

Lonely Tylenol
2011-08-20, 05:54 PM
In the midst of a heated interrogation with a nameless bandit during our very first Pathfinder session, which was quickly turning sour, the Barbarian suddenly exclaimed, "I strip down to my loincloth and threaten his decency."

The bandit told us everything.

Ardantis
2011-08-20, 06:17 PM
Love the Barb story. Reminds me of a character I built for a friend's game.

Played a game with a friend, and I wanted to mess with him, so I made your standard low int low wis barb. Before the game, the DM tells me that, secretly, I may be a werewolf.

I proceed to create a character who wears a British judge's wig and robe, and continuously solicits NPCs and the party beguiler with the following questions:

"Who is guilty?"

and

"Is he guilty?"

Anyone deemed guilty was summarily Leap Attacked or Power Attacked. I killed lots of mooks this way.

Finally, we got into a fight with some high AC guards with shields, and I was having some trouble hitting them. The beguiler was of no use, because he was hiding in a tent somewhere, invisible. Finally, realizing I was in trouble, he runs out, disarms the guard, and runs back inside. The guard was totally creeped out by having been disarmed by an invisible gnome (gnomes are creepy). We had a good laugh.

Earlier in the campaign, our butts were saved because the gnome was the only one who could communicate with the party badger, who was the only ally that could detect the secret door in the home we were searching for clues. Who knew that the racial ability to speak with burrowing creatures would ever come in handy?

Zaq
2011-08-20, 08:05 PM
After some . . . interesting rolls on a custom magic item that's basically an artifact-level Rod of Wonder, the party has Gated in a mildly pissed-off Sword Archon (or, as we called it, the Fabulous Archon.)

Image, for reference:
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/boed_gallery/75097.jpg

Yeah. After snickering like schoolchildren at the combination of pink feathered butterfly wings and the most diaphanous loincloth known to mankind, one player says "I'm rolling a Spot check, hoping to fail, so that I won't have to see that loincloth flapping in the breeze ten feet above my head." He rolls and does, indeed, manage to roll low enough to be said to fail. Seizing the opportunity, I use my Point It Out skill trick, allowing forcing him to reroll. With a bonus. He succeeded (quite handily, in fact), thus indeed taking in the full glory. Best two skill points I ever spent. (This was, if it helps, accompanied by a theatrical "OBJECTION!"-style finger-point.)

(For the record, it's not merely "hurr hurr, you saw up his loincloth" that was so damn funny. It's that I so deftly thwarted his desperate attempts to avert his eyes . . . especially since that was the first time I ever got to use Point It Out, so no one expected it.)

Elboxo
2011-08-20, 08:21 PM
Got two, both from my last campaign i was in, the first enemy we fought was a rat, our dread necromancer using a scythe got three 20's in a row (Crit, confirm, and a house rule: ) triple 20's = instant death on the thing that got hit. The rat was smashed into an interdimensional rift in space. Best first enemy death ever.

The other one was when a warforged teleported into the middle of a city we were destroying with an army. He told us the end was coming, and disappeared. Behind him there was a portal to another plane ( a wizard did it :P ) and we didn't know where it went, it was halloween and we were getting ready for the fright the DM said he'd prepared for us. One of the party ( The healer with vow of poverty/nonviolence who was incredibly violent in his spoken thought ) decided he wanted to tell if the portal was safe, but not by going in it. So he pulled down his pants and rolled to take a dump, launched at the portal. He got a natural 20 and was forever known as 'the critical S***' We then decided it was safe to go in. When we went in his turd was no-where to be seen. But there was a dark mansion with something invisible inside it that kept moving things and creeping us out, eventually it snuck up on us one by one and paralysed us, while remaining unseen. The healer was terrified that his turd had turned into a demon by the travel through the portal, and was seeking revenge. It was amazing

ZombiePunch
2011-08-21, 01:17 AM
Ok in my current campaign my players are an Elven Druid, Elven Rogue, Dragonborn Cleric, and Human Fighter. The lawful Cleric and neutral Druid rarely see eye to eye and the party is usually split evenly on choices, Elves on one side, Cleric and Fighter on the other. So the character are traveling eastward and the druid wants to travel in the forest while the cleric and fighter want to travel on the plains, the reason being that there are lots of monsters in the forest but there's nothing on the plains. To which I reply completely deadpan, "Actually, there are snakes on a plain."

Several session later we couldn't stop laughing while the fighter spent an entire encounter trying to fire a dagger from a bow.

ScrambledBrains
2011-08-21, 01:38 AM
One of my fellow players bought a pig in game.

Which he and the DM then proceeded to quasi-hombrew speech onto.

Which made the DM forced to speak for a pig several times over the adventure, since he was both pet and sentry for this player.

Which lead to my Halfling Rogue hating this pig because he was slow and stupid.

Which lead to my Halfling Rogue getting naked and wrestling the pig both for vengance and for the amusement of Astral Plane nomads....:smallbiggrin:

Zaq
2011-08-21, 01:43 AM
Ah, I had almost forgotten this incident, since the real laughter came afterwards. I admit, I was kind of a jerk here, but only a little bit. I regret nothing.

So, this guy had spent a while talking up how SERIOUS BUSINESS his campaign was going to be. Of course, it ended up being really cliché and stupid, especially with his inattention to detail (the bad guy was accidentally revealed to sleep in full plate next to his dire flail, which we promptly named "Flaily." No, this wasn't supposed to happen, but his description was so stupid that it happened anyway). I should also mention that this GM was 1) very easily flustered and 2) really kind of a jerk himself. Anyway, I don't know which of us started it, but one of the players started making Pokémon jokes, and it spread through us like conjunctivitis. Sometimes it was just offhand remarks ("We're being assigned to guard duty? That's not gonna get us closer to the Indigo Plateau!"), sometimes it was a little more direct ("You have about an hour until you're expected to report in. What do you do?" "I go outside and walk around in the tall grass."), sometimes it was just blatant, but the point is, we were just peppering the night with Pokémon jokes. We watched him get more and more frustrated at this, and we'd ease off just long enough to catch him off guard with the next one. (I never said we were being nice.) Eventually, he just kind of exploded and yelled, "What is wrong with you people?! What's with all the Pokémon jokes?! Arrgh!" I responded by looking him straight in the eye and saying, totally deadpan, "Dude, if you didn't want us making all these Pokémon references, you shouldn't have made such an obviously Pokémon-themed world." Completely deadpan. Sometimes the gods of comedy just hand you a moment, and you have to seize it for all that it's worth.

I still laugh when I think about that. He had to take a break to calm himself down after that. I'd feel bad about it if it weren't for the absolute fact that if it hadn't been that, it would have been something else. The dude was seriously high-strung and unpleasable. Man, that was a bad campaign, but what a glorious moment that was.

Ferrus
2011-08-21, 06:23 AM
In the midst of a heated interrogation with a nameless bandit during our very first Pathfinder session, which was quickly turning sour, the Barbarian suddenly exclaimed, "I strip down to my loincloth and threaten his decency."

The bandit told us everything.

I just laughed so hard it hurt. :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin:

The Dark Fiddler
2011-08-21, 10:17 AM
The current game I'm DMing right now is basically "You all wake up on an island and you only have two items and you have no idea how you got there." First issue was obviously securing food, so the hunter went... well, hunting. First animals he found were some monkeys, which are meant to become a plot point later with some sort of Planet of the Apes society going on or something, I dunno. Anyway, rather than look for a more fitting food source, he went after them. He ended up taking two damage from the monkeys (three of them), which wasn't exactly a big chunk of his HP or anything, but since they're monkeys, and he could have killed them at range with his bow quite easily...

Anyway, he later nearly died to a boar (brought far into negatives, only survived because of my houserules of drying at -conscore instead of -10), but that's not really funny because boars are tough opponents when you're fighting alone and at level 2. He later healed up to about 4 HP and decided to go hunting again, because being low on HP doesn't mean you don't need to eat. This time he ran into a band of about 5 monkeys, and the epic rivalry began again... and this time, they knocked him down to negatives. I haven't exactly decided what's going to happen to him, but he stabilized at about -9, at least... right after the other two people on the island went in a completely different direction, leaving him alone.

Stallion
2011-08-21, 10:55 AM
My halfling druid summoning an octopus on top of the party barbarian and the party cleric, mid coitus.

Tiniere
2011-08-21, 01:12 PM
We're about to face a big bad and I'm playing a notoriously stupid character (INT 6 barbarian) that punchs first (hobo fist of the forest build) and doesn't ask questions later. Most of my roleplaying involves sleeping off hangovers or killing stuff by punching it really hard.

Everyone else is playing a smart tier 1 or 2 character and I make a point to be plastered when I play my barb as it helped me stay in character.

At one point we're right next to a cliff (about 100 meter drop) and the big bad of the day casts antimagic field before flying off (ex forms of flight are more valuable then you'd think) and shooting down at us.

Remembering that I have a fair STR score and movement I decide to jump/grapple at the thing before trying to figure out if I actually can/should.

Turns out, after all the modifiers are figured out, I need to roll 15+ to make the jump.

I succeed.

I'm in a grapple 100 something meters above ground and I've just prevented my only means of flight of doing so...

20d6 damage later I'm told (after making my stabilization roll) that I've just defeated the big bad. (my DM expected us to run away since we had no defense vs a flying opponent in an antimagic field. The only reason the fall didn't kill me was that I happened to have an ungodly amount of hitpoints. Obviously this also killed the storyline he had in mind for the next several sessions and we found ourselves laughing histerically for the next hour while our DM tried to figure out what to do next )

This exact same thing happened in one of our adventures.

I was DMing and had basically fleshed out a LoZ themed world for a campaign to go from level 4-10. In what was essentially a tower-rehash of the spirit and water temples I had the party fight a pair of sorcerer-witches that would represent Twinrova. So in the final climactic battle, our paladin decides, since he won initiative after the transformation, that he would rush at one of them and grapple. After maintaining the grapple check, he managed to drag the struggling Twinrova to the edge of the tower and dive off, slamming into the ground 300 feet below. Both died horribly, but he single handedly defeated that boss creature x.x

Xtomjames
2011-08-21, 02:19 PM
One of the funniest things ever to happen in a game that I was DMing is one of those "I can't believe you were that stupid" sort of moments.

I was DMing a level 20 Gestalt game completely open build. I had 8 people in the group. My roommate had made a Minotaur Half-Dragon Barbarian Fighter. He was 8 feet in height, had a 5 foot span on his horns and weight just shy of a ton.

The group also had a Wizard Favored Soul in the party played by one of my best friends and a rather experienced player. His character also had the highest Int in the group (something like 25). The entire group make their way to a mountain where they find dwarven tunnels. They're 5 feet wide and roughtly 5 feet high. The group enters and the Minotaur is forced to crawl on hands and knees into said tunnel.

A few bad dexterity checks later he gets stuck. At which point the Wizard has the bright idea of "I've got stone to mud I can free him". Moments after the spell is cast the tunnel collapses in on them, everyone but the minotaur made their reflex saves and the minotaur was crushed to death. The dwarves, hearing this, rushed up to the tunnel where a rather pissed off (40th level Dwarven wizard/sorcerer) dwarf waved his hands restoring the cave in only to reveal the disgusting pool of dead crunched bloody (tenderized) minotaur. The group, thinking waste not want not, collected their dead friend and ate him later.

In a separate campaign I was playing a Were Vorpal Bunny Pixie Druid. My were-form counted as a level 10 transformation and with various rules and other abilities I had gained a Gargantuan size level for my wild shape.

My character had all the pixie traits, the were-vorpal bunny ability, and at one point we had been threatened by a mature dragon. So my character wildshaped (while still invisible) and increase her size from small to gargantuan.

Here's the fun part, I attacked the dragon with a flyby attack (yes I still had my wings) and attacked with my vorpal bit attack. I got a natural 20 and confirmed the hit. My Were-Vorpal Bunny Pixie Druid in one attack bit off the head of the dragon and swalloed it. To all of those who were on lookers it appeared as though the dragon's head disappeared into thin air as it's body fell to the ground.

Morty
2011-08-21, 02:28 PM
I can think of two situations. It's hard to decide which one is objectively funnier, so I'll describe the one that got us laughing the most.
It was long ago, back when I still played D&D before my group disintegrated. We - a half-elf wizard played by me, an elf rogue and a human ranger, all level 4 - going through a tower that had turned into a battlefield for the Blood War, with demons and devils running around trying to kill each other - and us.
Wounded, we were running along a corridor, a Bearded Devil hot on our heels. Then we ran into a locked door. With nowhere else to run, each of us did something entirely different:
The Ranger started trying to bash the door in with one of his swords.
The Rogue started trying to pick the lock.
My Wizard, lacking anything else to do, started frantically running back and forth and trying to convince the devil we don't actually have to fight, with predictable results.
Naturally, the various attempts failed and we had to fight the devil. We won, but it was a hard fight. And for some reason, we just couldn't stop laughing.

Thespianus
2011-08-21, 02:30 PM
Most side splitting thing? Our Greatsword-wielding barbarian chopping up the sides of our opponents... ;)

Coidzor
2011-08-21, 02:39 PM
Yesterday we were confronted by guard apes that were chained in place.

We had a party druid.

This did not mix well, especially with wild empathy, and so the apes were quite rapidly let loose and I think they ended up eating the mayor's dog.

The fact that we had to talk to the guy who was keeping the guard apes in order to get the information to follow along Paizo's Choo-Choo train plot to kick off the Age of Worms adventure path and our DM scrabbling to keep up had the rest of the group unable to stop laughing for a good 15 minutes.

Kavurcen
2011-08-21, 04:18 PM
Sort of a "you have to be there" moment, but while I was DM'ing I had my PCs facing up against a couple of gargoyles. One of my players had a fairly annoying tripping build. His first successful trip attempt was met with "you are slightly amused by the sight of a gargoyle QWOPing".

DarkestKnight
2011-08-21, 04:21 PM
At one point my Dm gave the rule that if you say it, you do it. this was to cut down on our joking of what we where doing. this was fine by the party until we were meeting with some high level paladins. The wizard/sorcerer, played by my roll happy brother, was somewhat aggravated by the wildshaper druid's derailment of serious buisnesss, and exclaimed "i cast lauch bolt at the druid" with a grin on his face. the Dm promptly told him to roll it up. looking a little ashamed, he did so, putting a 6 damage bolt in her shoulder. the druid immediately asked what that was for, with a little more profanity. My brother immediatly shouted "ASSASSINS!" and without giving the DM a chance rolled for bluff. so a couple of sense motive rolls later, everyone in the room, except for the druid and my brother had their weapons out and were looking for ninjas. to this day someone will occasionally yell "ASSASSINS!" and everyone who was there (barring the druid, she still doesn't think this is funny." will crack up.

KillianHawkeye
2011-08-21, 05:34 PM
This exact same thing happened in one of our adventures.

I was DMing and had basically fleshed out a LoZ themed world for a campaign to go from level 4-10. In what was essentially a tower-rehash of the spirit and water temples I had the party fight a pair of sorcerer-witches that would represent Twinrova. So in the final climactic battle, our paladin decides, since he won initiative after the transformation, that he would rush at one of them and grapple. After maintaining the grapple check, he managed to drag the struggling Twinrova to the edge of the tower and dive off, slamming into the ground 300 feet below. Both died horribly, but he single handedly defeated that boss creature x.x

This is why Zelda boss battles almost always take place in a sealed room. :smallbiggrin:

Stix
2011-08-21, 07:46 PM
In a game i DM'd there was a secret room the party needed to access was revealed to actually be a permanent pocket dimension left by an ancient cabal of some kind. in order to access this room/dimension they needed to undertake a few tests (chosen for individual players by a die roll). most of the party got tasks they were capable of if not well suited to. The rogue got a stealth task (sounds pretty easy) and nearly failed it at three points in a 5 minute encounter. last to go is the party fighter. he also gets the stealth challenge. this 6'4" tall fighter in half plate and carrying 2 greatswords, a warhammer, 3 longswords and a shortbow with full quiver waltzes through the challenge with no problems.

same party accidentally destroyed a remote tribe's "god" (totem pole thingy) so they left Ka'Ohr (High Ego inteligent staff fluffed as a ancient mad sorceror bound to an item) in it's place until they could come back with a means to fix said totem pole. they returned 3 weeks later to find that Ka'Ohr had been busy convincing the tribe he was their new god and turning them into his own personal army.

Saintheart
2011-08-21, 10:07 PM
The party fighter having to pick between the kobold or the hill giant to hit, choosing the kobold, and coming up with 54 damage.

DiBastet
2011-08-22, 09:39 AM
My poor players... They got a ship with crew and all, and went to explore the inner sea of my campaign (a giant sea, but of sweet water), after a certain archipelago that supposedly contained the door to the...Doesn't matter. The ruin that kept the plot going.

So, they come to the lost archipelago, encircled by reefs and pointy stones and such, they leave the ship with the full cast of 30+soldiers to defend it, and then the party heads out to search for the ruin, easily visible, even with the jungle in the island.

I want to point now that at this point, our party was 11+ level but 15-, I don't remember the level, and was made by a Swashbuckler / Fighter / Tempest, a Rogue / Shadowdancer, a Paladin, a Ranger Archer (who was a little afraid of arcane magic), and a leadership follower, a Healer. Pretty mundane solutions for everything.

The party goes to the ruins, fight native trolls, some guardians, and all these things. They had already been to those ruins before, but now they needed to do something else I don't remember correctly. They fight the bad guys who were there guarding, and finally come to The Room of Freaking Manly Rangers, as it was know: There was a big hole in the center of the Very Magical Room, with a long, long, long spiral staircase down. The party knew that the staircase was a trap that became flat and everyone slided down very fast. Except the ranger, who was a new character. And no one told him that.

The party said "Cibele, take care of this trap" to the shadowdancer, and the players were already expecting a sad failure as the poor player always rolled poorly on important moments, and as expected she not only fails to disarm it but also believes she succeded. The party starts to go down and suddenly BLAM, reflex saves or slide down. The warrior failed, the paladin failed, the healer failed, but since they knew it, slided and had some fun. The Ranger "held for his life", screaming their names, and the rogue, seeing her friends fall, said "after them!" and slided down.

Now, the ranger wouldn't trow his life away (she was a stupid rogue after all), and screamed her name while she slided into darkness, and in the best rp I ever had, started to climb up by the rail in absolute despair while muttering "I failed the Order! Oh gods, I let them fall! Oh gods, I don't want do die. I won't die here. Not here. Not now. I have too many things to do, my parents, my father! I won't die...", and, finally, he climbed up.

The party was divided, and down there the chars didn't found him and expected he would be waiting, and went to do their things. The session went on very okay, the fights, the traps, the guardians, bla bla bla, and then they used some expensive magic to climb up again, many, many, many hours later.

After that glorious and heroic piece of adventure (warforged titans and all), we came back to the ranger! Freaked out, he screamed their names in vain, he punched the wall for his failure, he waited an awser, he tried the stairs but he didn't know how to disarm it. Then, full of grief and shedding manly tears, he made a small ritual to the god of travels in their names, and went back outside.

After a long, lonely trip, Van, the manly ranger, arrives at the ship, and the captain of the soldiers asks where are the other adventurers, the four girls who came with them, and we always remember when the player made the most somber / sad / griefing face of ever and said "They fell. We failed... But we must keep on! We must carry their work, their dreams! For the memory of these heroes! We will keep their quest men, and after we drink our sadness away, we will face the dark journey of those four! Their deaths will no be in vain!", followed by an incredible 20 on the inspiration check. The soldiers were inspired and grieving the deaths, and they set sail to the mainland.

Van was the second best ship pilot (the first was the pirate tempest warrior), and he took the manuevers. Well... Let us say that the player tried to change the dice, screamed, slammed the table but to no avail: He rolled a series of 1s and 2s, and the ship full of battle hardened mercenaries the players knew for some levels now slammed into the rocks, was torn to pieces and joined the many, many, many ships already there on the outside of the archipelago.

We made some rolls, and while Van survived (barely, because no one puts points on Swim), not a single soldier survived! And they all had names and the chars knew a brief part of the history of each! None!

After losing his soldiers, the ranger desperatly held on for his life, and finally found the beach of the very same magical island where of the temple. While the ship was sinking he could only save some small items and his bow. The night was coming and he knew about the terrible trolls, so he went to the jungle to hide and think straight.

At dusk, he was ambushed by a troll hunter, and ran for his life. Once again, we had the best rp while the manly ranger ran from the beast he couldn't kill without fire and acid: "I won't die here! No! I'm the sole survivor! I will keep our quest. Please gods, spare me!!!". he outran the troll and finally found a place to hide, in the trees. The trolls mounted a party after him, and while the night passed by, he (that was a human and didn't have darkvision and "traded animal companion for something cool") could just see shadows in the dark. I don't remember right now, but we had an awesome prayer in an excelent despair tone.

Dawn finally came, and the creeped out ranger goes to the beach, looking over his shoulders, and saw he destruction of the ship, and the bodies floating: "Richmond, no! Your daughter! Stefen, Dave, Aramil.... oh gods, I killed them all. I'm responsible? Why? Whhhhhhy!!!".

---

The rest of the party comes from the temple, laughing about a silly pirate joke (the players couldn't keep laughing the whole part of the unlucky ranger), walking in the best "We did it!" heroic face, and when they find the ebach expecting to see crew and ranger, they find only the pieces of the ship floating, dead bodies, and the ranger, a small piece of the man he once was, wet, crying, with his hands bleeding, burying another man with his own hands (he lost his shovel). The chars chin went to the floor, and the tempest ran to him. He was scared, broken, and relieved:

Ranger: You were dead! Dead! Oh dammed magical island!
Tempest: Calm down Van... we're fire...
Paladin: These... are our men? Oh gods...
Ranger: I... I lost them... and the ship...

And that somber moment, lost in the middle of the ocean, without a vessel, without allies, without the ranger magical items, the rogue made a facepalm and said the best phrase ever:

"One day. We left him alone a single ****ing day..."

Best session ever.

DiBastet
2011-08-22, 09:53 AM
A much shorter one. In a campaign I was playing, suddenly the Wereshark chief of thugs we were taling changes form, grabs the bard by the throat and intimidate as all, except the pirate telepath psion / thallherd, and the bard desperatly tries to bribe him, offering coins. The shark screams very loud, the dming making a husky voice "MOOOORE!", asking more coin. The goofy telepath then uses the Causal Loop, that makes the person repeat the last turn 1 turn / level, and we ran away, hearing the "MOOOORE!" three blocks away.

Every time we heard that we laughed our asses off, and a silly player started repeating "They're taking the hobbits to Isengard!" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE-1RPDqJAY

Five minutes later the were thing and his thugs come after us, and fight us in the streets! He makes a double move and stops close to my char and yells :"THERE! I FOUND YOU", and boom, the psion does it again, this time extended. Nex turn he makes a double move straight ahead and screams "THERE! I FOUND YOU", and again, and again, and again. It was the funniest battle always, hearing he screaming his sentence blocks away and hearing people running and crying, while we RPed someone coming running to you, screaming "They're taking the hobbits to Isengard!" and running of again.

It became a inside joke. Here and there, specially when someone comes to us running (be it a guard or a messenger boy), someone says ""They're taking the hobbits to Isengard!" and rps running away.