PDA

View Full Version : Trying to remember/find certain feats

flabort
2011-08-20, 04:12 PM
I'm homebrewing a few feats, and trying to look for feats for prerequisites.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure there were two feats that
A) gave a lich 7 phylacteries (<someone's> Fractured Phylactery?)
B) Let you scribe scrolls on your bones.

But I can't find them. Any help as to their locations would help.

Also, if for any reason you can't find a different feat, feel free to ask about it here. Scratch my back, etc.?

Fenryr
2011-08-20, 04:55 PM
For b) I can only think of Blood Magus, a prestige class from Complete Arcane. At some level the Blood Magus can store spells (up to 3rd level) in his blood, like potions. But now, you have no blood... you may adapt it or homebrew something similar.

Contingency spell may work too?

Talbot
2011-08-20, 05:12 PM
Try Libris Mortis and Heroes of Horror. Those feats sound familiar to me, too, and that seems like the book they'd be in.

ILM
2011-08-20, 07:26 PM
I'm pretty sure a) is an Epic spell in LEoF, maybe reprinted somewhere since, but I'm away from my books so you'll have to check yourself. Aumvor's Fragmented Phylactery was it?

Psyren
2011-08-20, 07:28 PM
Dry Liches (It's Hot Outside) also have multiple phylacteries pre-epic, IIRC.

flabort
2011-08-21, 09:24 PM
I'm pretty sure a) is an Epic spell in LEoF, maybe reprinted somewhere since, but I'm away from my books so you'll have to check yourself. Aumvor's Fragmented Phylactery was it?

...Rats. Well, at least I can maybe use that as a prerequisite anyways, but how would I write it?
"Must have access to the spell Aumvor's Fragmented Phylactery and have it cast upon your phylactery"?
It would let someone else cast it for you, letting you take the feat pre-epic, but it still requires... an epic spell. Too bad it wasn't a feat as I remembered.

I know about Dry Lich's, but their Soul Jars aren't... exactly phylacteries, are they? pretty close, some DMs may fudge that.

I've tried looking all over a... feat database for the other, but the database is.... somewhat incomplete. If it's in LM or HoH, the database doesn't mention it.

Varil
2011-08-21, 09:50 PM
Maybe just say "Requires multiple functioning phylacteries." and leave interpretation to the player?

flabort
2011-08-21, 09:53 PM
Maybe just say "Requires multiple functioning phylacteries." and leave interpretation to the player?

...That would work.

Any help on the other one? Anyone else trying to remember where to find any other feats?