PDA

View Full Version : Necro craft skill idea (PEACH)

Scholar23
2011-08-20, 11:24 PM
hi this being my first seriuos post i would like any feed back i can get. this is a skill i hope to add to a necromancer class i'm making that i post at a latter date. Any ways here are the bones(the idea of the thing) of the thing and a few examples of what i want it to due. note all of theses will need to be powered down a bit to fit the skill.also i want you to know the skill may also require th useof lethal or non lethal damge to the crafter as part of the price for creation.

Forge fetish (int or Wis)
-allow a entity to create minor tools for the parts of a cropse or extract indvuial parts to be useful items in themselves.

Examples:
-Floating Lantern: ¼ D12 (3), Speed-fly 10ft (poor,) AC 6, SQ: Dreaded Light,Guide. ---Dreaded light-functions as a torch for one hour for each ounce of blood poured into it (max 10 ounces). --- Guide-As a full round action, this allows the lantern to attach itself to the right shoulder centering the torch effect on the target (+0 to grapple and attach), but target needs to succeed a grapple to remove.

–Pallid chest: 1d12 (8), Speed 0ft, AC 14, SQ: Hardness 3, Skeletal Key, Vigilant Lock, Blood bond. ---Vigilant Lock-fused bones that act as a good lock and adds a -2 penalty on open lock checks due to the bones constant moving around. --- Skeletal Key- A signal key is made from one of the bones of the pallid chest and will wriggle around each round when outside the owners key causing a spot check (dc 8, +2 per amount of heavy material over were key is.) to notice the disturbance, or a dc 5 checks to notice it any were else. ---Blood Bond- As a full round action a person may bind the chest to them by offering a once of blood to the chest and repeating the last owners bound password, if successful a new key arises from the chest

–Serfs aiding hand: 1/6 d12 (2), speed 5ft., AC 6, Strength 6, SQ: Aid another,Grab.
---Aid Another- May aid another but only supplies a +1, note only a maximum of three hand’ s may help at one time. Also may only help in the manner of light physical tasks. ---Grab- as a full round action the hand may attempt a grapple (+0) that incurs a -1 per two hand two dex pr str skill checks and defense and attacks.

i like to apologize for this mess and ask for any help as to properly post this.

enderlord99
2011-08-21, 12:55 AM
hi this being my first seriuos post i would like any feed back i can get. this is a skill i hope to add to a necromancer class i'm making that i post at a latter date. Any ways here are the bones(the idea of the thing) of the thing and a few examples of what i want it to due. note all of theses will need to be powered down a bit to fit the skill.also i want you to know the skill may also require th useof lethal or non lethal damge to the crafter as part of the price for creation.

Forge fetish (int or Wis)
-allow a entity to create minor tools for the parts of a cropse or extract indvuial parts to be useful items in themselves.

Examples:
-Floating Lantern: ¼ D12 (3), Speed-fly 10ft (poor,) AC 6, SQ: Dreaded Light,Guide. ---Dreaded light-functions as a torch for one hour for each ounce of blood poured into it (max 10 ounces). --- Guide-As a full round action, this allows the lantern to attach itself to the right shoulder centering the torch effect on the target (+0 to grapple and attach), but target needs to succeed a grapple to remove.

–Pallid chest: 1d12 (8), Speed 0ft, AC 14, SQ: Hardness 3, Skeletal Key, Vigilant Lock, Blood bond. ---Vigilant Lock-fused bones that act as a good lock and adds a -2 penalty on open lock checks due to the bones constant moving around. --- Skeletal Key- A signal key is made from one of the bones of the pallid chest and will wriggle around each round when outside the owners key causing a spot check (dc 8, +2 per amount of heavy material over were key is.) to notice the disturbance, or a dc 5 checks to notice it any were else. ---Blood Bond- As a full round action a person may bind the chest to them by offering a once of blood to the chest and repeating the last owners bound password, if successful a new key arises from the chest

–Serfs aiding hand: 1/6 d12 (2), speed 5ft., AC 6, Strength 6, SQ: Aid another,Grab.
---Aid Another- May aid another but only supplies a +1, note only a maximum of three hand’ s may help at one time. Also may only help in the manner of light physical tasks. ---Grab- as a full round action the hand may attempt a grapple (+0) that incurs a -1 per two hand two dex pr str skill checks and defense and attacks.

i like to apologize for this mess and ask for any help as to properly post this.

...So... the first whatchamahoosit is Forge WHAT!?!?!?

Kuma Kode
2011-08-21, 02:56 AM

I believe the use of this word relies on the definition "an object regarded with awe as being the embodiment or habitation of a potent spirit or as having magical potency."

On subject, damage is worthless as a balancing factor for crafting. Unless these skills allow them to craft in the middle of combat, healing that damage is trivial.

These things appear to be permanent magic items/undead. Craft skills are used to make non-magical or quasi-magical items; permanent items are usually done as a feat that consumes EXP. May I inquire as to why you didn't simply go with the standard magic item creation formula?

Scholar23
2011-08-21, 07:15 AM
I believe the use of this word relies on the definition "an object regarded with awe as being the embodiment or habitation of a potent spirit or as having magical potency."
?

Because this is pose to be minor tools, i went a little over bord making these so i posted them up so they could be powered down so a unqie skill could be made. This is only to make cool items that spice up a lair or adventure.

On subject, damage is worthless as a balancing factor for crafting. Unless these skills allow them to craft in the middle of combat, healing that damage is trivial.
?

Didn't of that maybe and extended time, or scarifice of other creatures. taking and ideas

As to the name it was spur of the moment, but it was never anything inapporite. as to names for the skill i'm taking suggestions.

JoshuaZ
2011-08-21, 08:52 AM
This has a lot of typos. This makes it very hard to read: "Cropse" "indvuial" etc. The phrasing/grammar of some of these is also a bit off. You might get more detailed feedback if those issues are fixed.

Scholar23
2011-08-21, 06:50 PM
This has a lot of typos. This makes it very hard to read: "Cropse" "indvuial" etc. The phrasing/grammar of some of these is also a bit off. You might get more detailed feedback if those issues are fixed.

Thanks for the heads up i will now adbonded this post and create a more detial and balanced thread if that is alright