PDA

View Full Version : What is your Campaign Like?

Lastgrasp
2011-08-20, 11:56 PM
Saw a thread another board. Kinda fun to see what everyone is playing.

What is your campaign about?

Where is it set? (Campaign Setting)

What does your group consist of?

Lastgrasp
2011-08-20, 11:59 PM

Currently running Pathfinder Carrion Crown Adventure Path. It's a monster of the week game with chasing down an evil cult in the background. Gothic horror type of game. Currently 19 sessions in and halfway through AP 4 Wake of the Watcher.

Golarion. (Ustalav)

Group is 8th level. Rogue, Inquisitor, Fighter, Witch, Oracle, & Ranger.

Mezmote
2011-08-21, 02:11 AM
I'm currently playing in this campaign.

We (the good guys) are tracking down tombs of long dead evil legends to set alarms/traps so that they aren't ressurected by an evil organization following the god of destruction and oblivion. Also, looking for an artifact called "the life star" which is said to be able to bring life back to ANYTHING (hence our concern that the evil people might get ressurected).

Homemade world. Our DM started working on it around 6-7 years ago, and it has been a fully fledged world for about 3 years. A great many of our campaigns have taken place in this world.

Level 12 group. A ranger/fighter, a cleric of Joramy/kensai, a favoured soul of Celestian, an old wizard who seems to do increasingly evil acts, and me the psion.

Kol Korran
2011-08-21, 09:29 AM
I'm The Dm of the group, first time for me after a loooooong time

What Is The Campaign About
the fairly basic heroic stuff- the party is trying to counter the machinations and super plan of a Powerful Rakshasa, it's allies and minions, jumping from one location to another trying to find clues. the party mostly succeeds, but at time fails. the campaign draws some aspects of SCS Hive mind campaign, and now the bugs started to take over the world. 17 or 18 sessions so far.

Where is it set?
in Eberron/ been to Audair briefly, than on to Darguun, towards Xen'dric, to the shadow marches, and a fun foray into the Mournland (i love that place! :smallbiggrin:) now they are at Thrane. we do "Eberron light", as most of the party can be botheered with reading the campaign books too deeply.

What does the group consists of?
the group is currently composed of:

A cursed cowardish half elf Rogue 3/Duskblade 6. he act as the humor, cowardish reason and wit of the group.
a Kalshtar (psionic human) sorc 1/ wiz 4/ ultimate magus 4. she began pacifistic and gentle and become more and more jaded and violent as the campaign progress. a bloody power house of spells, but of low level.
A deeply troubled, seeking correction for her soul Aasimar cleric of the silver flame 8, reckless and vengeful in battle with her spiked/shillelah/so on club
up till last meeting we had a half giant psiwar 8 who lost his memory and acted as a reasonable paladin, and the moral compas of the group. the player changed to a half orc archer with an intelligent bow that helps him hunt demons (the main antagonist from now on). i still don't have a read on his character much

the party is currently holed up in Flamkeep, in the Church of the Silver Flame, preparing surrounded by VASTLY superior forces of the fiends, preparing to make some sort of a last stand (think Helm's deep, but with more tactics, variable opponents, and religious power effects)

if you're interested, the campaign log is in my link, from my point of view, but it's a big... lengthy. i haven't updated the last session yet. (in process)

Shadowknight12
2011-08-21, 12:14 PM
I'm the DM.

The world ended when an epic-level prismatic dragon sorceress annihilated the Overgod and tried to usurp its place. It didn't work, and instead raptured the universe, opening a rift to a universe of madness. Aberrations poured in, destroying and consuming everything. The gods, the planes, the world. But they had one fatal weakness: magic. And in the places where magic was thick, permeating everything, the world survived. Ancient woods full of fey, mage towers, cathedrals, earthen nodes, spellwarped areas, they all became islands of safety in a world that would soon fall into oblivion.

But the sapient races were resilient, and they survived. They fought back, with spell and blade and fury, and every sacrifice they made turned the tides against the nightmarish horrors, if only by a little bit.

And in one of those ancient woods, a contingent of fey and elves are making their way to a fortress full of celestials and refugees, to establish diplomatic relations. But dark things lurk beneath the earth, and sometimes a pleasant smile really is hiding a knife behind its back, because times are dire and power is everything, and there are no limits to what some people are willing to sacrifice to get their old lives back.

And sometimes all you need to set things right is being in the right place at the right time.

Homebrewed world described above.

It's a solo game. The player is playing a pixie rogue that will go into beguiler and possibly arcane trickster or unseen seer. Unbeknownst to him, he's also Trickster Shadow, the archetype that Oracles cannot See. That will give him the freedom to change what might happen and prevent (or cause) terrible tragedies.

ThreeDSix
2011-08-21, 12:42 PM
I'm the DM

The party is endeavouring to rescue two of the characters's dear old mum, after she was captured in a gnoll assault that saw many villagers get taken as slaves. Their objective at the moment is to track the gnoll raiding party and find out where they got off to.

Homebrew setting.
Gnomes originally owned the land, humans and dwarves invaded, fleeing some cataclysm no - one remembers. Elves came after that, bringing along as many of the world's forests as they could by means of forgotten magic. Conflict erupts because of too many people in one country, culminating in a forest fire that summoned a miniature plane of fire into the world.
It is now a couple of hundred years later and the peace treaties that ensured everyone could live together in relative harmony are fading...

1) A Fire Elf Archivist raised among humans,
2) his Wood Elf Ranger half - brother,
3) a gnome illusionist who miscast an illusion spell on himself, causing him to believe everyone else is him and he is everyone else (It's complicated) and
4) a Dwarf Fighter/Barbarian with a drinking problem and a chip on his shoulder.

TechnOkami
2011-08-21, 12:57 PM
I'm NOT the DM.

And in a word? Truly, truly outrageous.

Ryu_Bonkosi
2011-08-21, 12:58 PM
I'm the DM

Good old fashioned dungeon crawl with a cult of Loth/Timat at the end, haven't decided yet.

A Custom Setting but has a lot from Eberron in it. Dragon were the high lords at one point in time but as their ranks thinned through the ages and other races started to emerge, the dragons retreated into their caves and dungeons and are almost a myth if it wasn't for the ancient writings and the dragonblooded offspring, who are usually considered nobility.

One pathological Dragonborn Arctic Water Orc Barbarian-Fighter type.

One master swordsman Changeling Iaijustu Focused character.

And finally, one Human Artificer who has a huge ego complex.

Amphetryon
2011-08-21, 05:05 PM
This (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11602997&postcount=82) :smallbiggrin:

Homebrew world.

A Dervish, a JPM, a Frenzied Berzerker, a Drunken Master, a Druid/Earth Dreamer, and a cast of thousands.

ZombiePunch
2011-08-21, 09:15 PM

A powerful druid has asked the party to collect sigil fragments
scattered across the continent that together grant access to a temple
housing an artifact that can be used to save the forests from a
spreading blight. Each sigil fragment is protected by a guardian beast.

Tis a homebrewed world with alot of inspiration from Dragonlance, the Wheel of Time, and Ravenloft.

The party is all level nine and ten and it consists of a female Elven Druid/Beastmaster with a Winterwolf pet, a tactless female Elven rogue, a recently deceased male Dragonborn Cleric who's been replaced with a male Human Ninja, a male Human Fighter with a tendency to overcomplicate things, a Drow Sorceress who reveres Eilistraee, and a male Human Monk/Ranger named Dapper Dan.

Morph Bark
2011-08-21, 09:34 PM

It started off as a pirate campaign. Then it ended up being a pirate campaign, except in the desert and with lots of undead.

One of my own made settings, which I've used in a previous pirate campaign setting. Two of the current players were in that one too and their first characters in this campaign were somehow related to those in the first campaign (one as a daughter, other as a student).

Gnome Beguiler who hates kobolds.

Kobold necromancer who hates gnomes.

Half-fey elf Scout whose flaming shade-wearing skull-patterned butterfly wings are basically the group's banner/mascot.

A Tiefling Swordsage with amnesia, who resembles a pineapple.

Previously another gnome, Unarmed Swordage/Shadow Sun Ninja, who was the party healer/stealth expert and who posthumously received the title of Dragonslayer.

Previously the aforementioned pirate daughter, catfolk warblade like her mother, with a penchant for taking the party into the most dangerous locations.

They fight crime.

A link to the campaign journal can be found here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192028).

NOhara24
2011-08-22, 10:51 AM

Originally it was about trying to vanquish a tetramorph via collecting three "sister" weapons...but upon further adventuring we noted that something much, much worse than the tetramorph is our actual problem.

Homebrewed world. Relatively low-magic (and low wealth. DM threw WBL out the window.)

Myself. Paladin 6, Gray Guard 1. A juvenile Gold Dragon cursed into his alternate form (In this case a human.) for past actions. Trying to atone, but his own superiority complex (I'm a dragon, and you are...?) often gets in the way.

A Level 7 good Cleric. The only really simple character of the party. Happy-go-lucky and dabbles in alchemy on the side. Has a penchant for using a custom made crossbow to shoot vials of "kaboom" (alchemists fire) across the field. Solidly built character overall.

Druid, 6. Started out Neutral Good, and when the party found him, he was blind. He dropped to Chaotic Neutral after attempting to rob a half-orc with the rogue and the fighter of the party.

Rogue, 6. General skill monkey and rope enthusiast. Has a strong dislike for lawful characters, mainly resorts to playful jabs during conversation to express it.

Fighter, 6. Started out reckless and addicted to hardcore drugs. Through some story elements, ended up a vampire and thereby shook his addiction.

Evil Cleric, 6. Attempts to maintain an air of "mystery" about himself. Often only responds in very short (often one word) sentences. Never speaks unless spoken to. Often raises undead out of the party's dead enemies. Needless to say, doesn't get along with the Paladin and good cleric very well.

Andorax
2011-08-22, 03:55 PM
Currently, I'm DMing the first Pathfinder adventure path, Rise of the Runelords (in it's native Golarion). The group is between the 2nd and 3rd books (Running Tealpeak's Flood (D137) as an interum adventure on their way).

My group consists of:

Rogue 3/Ranger 3 about to take Dervish. Master of all things slashy and stabby.
Swashbuckler 5/Chameleon 1. Sure, I can help with that.
Ranger 1/Psion (Nmd) 5 about to take Shadowmind. General sneaky/archer.
Barbarian 1/Warmage 5 Shoanti obsessed with Thassalion lore. Heading for a refluffed Primal Scholar (SoX) with Runic Magic in place of Mysterious Magic as a pre-req.
Cleric 5/Divine Oracle 1 of Desna. Divination and healing are her primary concerns.
Knight 6. Failed once to qualify for the Hellknights, is looking to try again.
The rest of the group is VERY leery of this prospect.