PDA

View Full Version : Wilden Mythology?

Bearpunch
2011-08-21, 04:33 AM
Just a quick question. I had a character recently die in my game. He was a Eladrin Wizard, and when he died, he was buried underneath a tree, and the grave was blessed by a Paladin under the name of Corellon and Pelor, God of Life. Is it possible for the Fey energy he had in his body to seep into the tree he was buried underneath, and from then become a Wilden? I cannot find much about Wilden Mythology, as I believe they are a new race. My player thinks that this is an insanely cool idea, so I was just wondering your opinion.

The_Pyre
2011-08-21, 04:50 AM
Well, it certainly is cool. It's also suitably off-the-wall that I'd allow it if I were the DM. If your DM if fine with it, then all is good. They do that all the time in Greek mythology. :smallsmile:

MLH
2011-08-21, 05:06 AM
That is a fantastic idea, and you should absolutely do it. In fact it's so cool that if you later do find some official description of Wilden mythology that contradicts it, you should ignore that.

Sir Homeslice
2011-08-21, 08:32 AM
The Wilden were created when the Far Realm touched upon the Feywild, which caused the Feywild to go "AW HELL NAH SON" and then the Wilden came around. That's basically it.

Also that idea is pretty damn cool. I'd have no objections at all.

LaZodiac
2011-08-21, 09:58 AM
Just a quick question. I had a character recently die in my game. He was a Eladrin Wizard, and when he died, he was buried underneath a tree, and the grave was blessed by a Paladin under the name of Corellon and Pelor, God of Life. Is it possible for the Fey energy he had in his body to seep into the tree he was buried underneath, and from then become a Wilden? I cannot find much about Wilden Mythology, as I believe they are a new race. My player thinks that this is an insanely cool idea, so I was just wondering your opinion.

That is a fantastic idea, and you should absolutely do it. In fact it's so cool that if you later do find some official description of Wilden mythology that contradicts it, you should ignore that.

What MLH said, essentialy. That is a REALLY good idea, and I feel like stealing it for an NPC or something.

DragonBaneDM
2011-08-21, 04:15 PM
Look up the fluff for Dancer!!!

I forget which Dragon Magazine that's in, but it's awesome. Maybe have your friend come back in that sort of style? The person who kills him or some repeating villain chops down the tree, and BOOM!

He's back with a vengeance!

randomhero00
2011-08-21, 05:01 PM
I feel like this is the Giving Tree all over again. And then I think of the adult swim/robot chicken.

Drachasor
2011-08-21, 05:09 PM
If you like the idea, and your player likes the idea, then run with it. The only reason you should ever veto something everyone likes is if it is overpowered/underpowered (and those cases can be fixable).