PDA

View Full Version : Ways to Save PMs

ragingrage
2011-08-21, 11:12 AM
I've been running out of room in my PM box., and wondering if there are any ways to read the XML or CSV files. I know I can always download them as a Text file, but that seems clunky and I'd prefer to keep their Current format.

Rawhide
2011-08-21, 11:17 AM
I've been running out of room in my PM box., and wondering if there are any ways to read the XML or CSV files. I know I can always download them as a Text file, but that seems clunky and I'd prefer to keep their Current format.

CSV can be opened in MS Excel and other spreadsheet applications. XML will require a specific viewer designed for it. There used to be one, but I don't know if it's still available and if it is, last time I checked it hadn't been updated in ages.

Elder Tsofu
2011-08-21, 12:06 PM
It seem like you need an log-in for the forum to use the link provided by happyturtle back in 2009 which I usually refer to...

But for some reason I chose to direct-link to the download-link in one of my posts (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10874260#post10874260), and that one still works.

http://downloads.malwareremoval.com/MHS/PM_Viewer.exe

Download in XML for the program and just load the file to read. Nice, simple and equipped with a search function if you want to use that.
It probably hasn't been updated in ages though as Rawhide said.

Renegade Paladin
2011-08-21, 05:59 PM
Why does it need to be updated? XML files are still XML files, and it still works.

Rawhide
2011-08-21, 09:28 PM
Why does it need to be updated? XML files are still XML files, and it still works.

Unfortunately, while this particular program had great potential, the state it is in now is far from perfect. This isn't to dismiss the author's skills, as every program goes through these stages, but it was obviously a work in progress and I would describe the most recent known release as being in the "Alpha" stage of development. I wish the author had gone on to fix the current problems and develop improvements.