PDA

View Full Version : Playing with the BoEF: advice?

Admiral Squish
2011-08-21, 04:38 PM
So, I've recently been convinced by my players to run a D&D game centered around the book-that-must-not-be-named. I was reluctant at first, because we've all heard the stories of awkwardness and immaturity that comes with this topic. However, I think that the players will be able to handle the subject maturely, and I want to be able to do the same. As such, I'm seeking general about the playground's collective experiences with the BoEF.

Also, I have an unexpected stumbling block. I can come up with short side-adventures easily enough, I have a few dozen ideas to do so. But I'm having trouble making a large-scale adventure arc for them. I'm simply not sure how to threaten the world in a way that relates to sex. Can anyone help?

tonberrian
2011-08-21, 04:42 PM
So, I've recently been convinced by my players to run a D&D game centered around the book-that-must-not-be-named. I was reluctant at first, because we've all heard the stories of awkwardness and immaturity that comes with this topic. However, I think that the players will be able to handle the subject maturely, and I want to be able to do the same. As such, I'm seeking general about the playground's collective experiences with the BoEF.

Also, I have an unexpected stumbling block. I can come up with short side-adventures easily enough, I have a few dozen ideas to do so. But I'm having trouble making a large-scale adventure arc for them. I'm simply not sure how to threaten the world in a way that relates to sex. Can anyone help?

Does the world have to be threatened with something sex-related? Including the BoEF does not mean that it has to take center-stage in the design process.

TurtleKing
2011-08-21, 04:43 PM
One idea is a plague that causes infertility. Another could be a new species is growing in number.

The pictures should just be omitted and the fluff is a bit meh. Some of the mechanics range all across the board. Also some the magic can be used outside of a sexual setting.

Edit: That is true in the book they also give a ratings of a sort of just how much sex can be the focus of. Ranging from one extreme to the other and everything in between.

Shadowknight12
2011-08-21, 04:45 PM
Don't make sex be the threat, let it be the reward for saving the world. Let the characters care about NPCs or have them write some of their own, and simply run a normal campaign that threatens them.

It doesn't have to be blatant, either. Sometimes the NPC lightly touching the PC's cheek as a parting gesture carries a lot more weight than a goodbye quickie.

MammonAzrael
2011-08-21, 05:01 PM
If we catch up with those bandits and the leader turns out to be a Pierced Mystic or something, I know who to blame. :smallwink:

But seriously, while I haven't actually played with the book, I can toss out some ideas regarding the larger story.

Does the BBEG (or the general Evil-Plot-That-Must-Be-Stopped) have to revolve around the BoEF and sex? If not, then just incorporate it into Dragons and such (think Evil Bond Girls). If so, then...

Religion seems like the most solid way. Some movement that claims to believe in free love, but has/is a sect that becomes more aggressive, turning from consensual no-strings sex to rape and hiding behind their "ideals."
Belief that sex and pleasure is a path to or way to experience the divine, and believes that it is blasphemy for mortals to dare experience such a thing. Goal is to prevent sex and procreation and love.
Classic "rule the world" plot could work, just giving a deeper motivation or extension of the character bringing that desire for control into their sexual life (and having that be a prominent part of the character). Or perhaps the sex is secondary, and the true desire is just for others to submit.
A Harem Protector that failed to protect his charges or otherwise came to the belief that the only way to prevent such atrocities in the future is to ensure there is no desire for it. Goes on a crusade castrating every man and deforming/killing any tempting woman in sight. Is successful enough in his campaign to qualify as the BBEG
A Fey Enticer that is using it's charms to gain power in the mortal realm for some devious move or usurpation in the Sidhe courts.

Admiral Squish
2011-08-21, 05:35 PM
Does the world have to be threatened with something sex-related? Including the BoEF does not mean that it has to take center-stage in the design process.

The players were pretty specific about having sex be a major part of the game.

One idea is a plague that causes infertility. Another could be a new species is growing in number.

The pictures should just be omitted and the fluff is a bit meh. Some of the mechanics range all across the board. Also some the magic can be used outside of a sexual setting.

Edit: That is true in the book they also give a ratings of a sort of just how much sex can be the focus of. Ranging from one extreme to the other and everything in between.

The plague thing could work, but I dunno about infertility. It would certainly be a problem in the long run, but it's not the kind of thing the PCs would be able to punch in the face. As for the new species growing in number, I could see this being a problem, but again, it's a long term 'world out of balance' thing, not the sort of thing the PCs can punch in the face. However, I think I may have a vague idea forming out of these two... I'll see what I can get out of it.

Yeah, the art's terrible, and a lot of the material is poorly balanced, so much of the book's content will be filtered by me.

If you want a rating for the material the players were asking for, I was looking at somewhere between R and NC-17.

Don't make sex be the threat, let it be the reward for saving the world. Let the characters care about NPCs or have them write some of their own, and simply run a normal campaign that threatens them.

It doesn't have to be blatant, either. Sometimes the NPC lightly touching the PC's cheek as a parting gesture carries a lot more weight than a goodbye quickie.

Oh, I intend for sex to be a reward. Most assuredly. But I also want sex to be a threat.

Trust me, you can be reasonably sure that the PCs want it to be rather blatant. That doesn't mean I'll be beating them over the head with it, but there will certainly be some explicit scenes.

If we catch up with those bandits and the leader turns out to be a Pierced Mystic or something, I know who to blame. :smallwink:

But seriously, while I haven't actually played with the book, I can toss out some ideas regarding the larger story.

Does the BBEG (or the general Evil-Plot-That-Must-Be-Stopped) have to revolve around the BoEF and sex? If not, then just incorporate it into Dragons and such (think Evil Bond Girls). If so, then...

Religion seems like the most solid way. Some movement that claims to believe in free love, but has/is a sect that becomes more aggressive, turning from consensual no-strings sex to rape and hiding behind their "ideals."
Belief that sex and pleasure is a path to or way to experience the divine, and believes that it is blasphemy for mortals to dare experience such a thing. Goal is to prevent sex and procreation and love.
Classic "rule the world" plot could work, just giving a deeper motivation or extension of the character bringing that desire for control into their sexual life (and having that be a prominent part of the character). Or perhaps the sex is secondary, and the true desire is just for others to submit.
A Harem Protector that failed to protect his charges or otherwise came to the belief that the only way to prevent such atrocities in the future is to ensure there is no desire for it. Goes on a crusade castrating every man and deforming/killing any tempting woman in sight. Is successful enough in his campaign to qualify as the BBEG
A Fey Enticer that is using it's charms to gain power in the mortal realm for some devious move or usurpation in the Sidhe courts.

Don't worry, this game is for a different, significantly less-censored forum. You have no need to fear for the sanctity of your rear.

Religion was one of my first ideas, but I eventually called it off. However, my idea centered around an extremely powerful church that declared sexual pleasure to be sacrilegious. The church was either going to go on a crusade to spread their teachings by the sword, or cook up some magical way of eliminating pleasure from sex universally. But I like your idea. Not sure if I like it enough to make it the main plot, but I'll probably include it somewhere.
See above.
Hmm... I could see that, but I think the method should be somewhat sexual, as well as the motivation. Perhaps an evil wizard/sorcerer Mind Raping/Dominating everyone in his path. Turns the men into his army and the women into a massive harem.
I like this idea! But it seems like the kind of widespread devastation that would make it BBEG-worthy would require more than a single dude with a sword.
Also nice! I like the idea of including fey. Perhaps this too will make it in as a side-quest.

Waker
2011-08-21, 05:52 PM
-The party must stop the birth of a Dark God/Demon/Devil. The impregnation could have already happened or they know about the act in advance thanks to prophecy.
-Malcanthet or Graz'zt is making a major push into the Material Plane. They created a charm spell that spreads via sex. Will there be enough cold showers to save the day?
-A rash of murders are believed to be linked to a new race of shapeshifters that beds their lovers and then devours them. To make matters worse the offspring from the union mature at an alarming rate. It's up to the heroes to stop this hoard of mantis women.

And so on.

Coidzor
2011-08-21, 05:53 PM
The spell that makes others naked can be problematic if you want them to face characters who rely upon gear or armor.

Arbane
2011-08-21, 05:53 PM
Hmm... I could see that, but I think the method should be somewhat sexual, as well as the motivation. Perhaps an evil wizard/sorcerer Mind Raping/Dominating everyone in his path. Turns the men into his army and the women into a massive harem.

I swear, the BoVD has done at LEAST as much damage to D&D as the BoEF ever could. Freakin' "Save-Or-I-Rewrite-Your-Character-Sheet" spell.... :smallmad:

Out of curiousity, what's the players' gender demographics? If, as I suspect, it's msotly guys, why not reverse the gender of Evil Harem Collector? Some depraved female Wizard who's "collecting" her world's greatest heroes. Why should the female characters be the only ones who need to worry about Fates Worse Than Death?

TurtleKing
2011-08-21, 05:57 PM
Oh I just remembered something I was reading a long time ago. Try to look for Bhu's first thread on monsters that he has homebrewed. Some of the good ones are an Ilithid Bimbo and his various Dryads such as Rose, Habanero, and even a Banana...yea. If you need an idea for a new monster that would be a good place to look. As for balance or are they really at the proposed CR no clue but have fun!::smallwink:

molten_dragon
2011-08-21, 06:41 PM
The plague thing could work, but I dunno about infertility. It would certainly be a problem in the long run, but it's not the kind of thing the PCs would be able to punch in the face. As for the new species growing in number, I could see this being a problem, but again, it's a long term 'world out of balance' thing, not the sort of thing the PCs can punch in the face. However, I think I may have a vague idea forming out of these two... I'll see what I can get out of it.

I'm kind of digging the plague idea. What if you have a plague that has affected different races in different ways. Perhaps gnomes have become infertile, elves are now giving birth to litters of children, dwarves die if they go long enough without reproducing (a la Moties), halflings can now reproduce asexually by budding, orcs can breed normally, but only with members of other races (not with other orcs), and humans are giving birth to children who are mutated in strange and baffling ways. Something like that could really cause a lot of friction and conflict in the world. And if you want things to be more immediate and in-your-face, just start the campaign 10-15 years after the plague began. By that point things should have heated up quite a bit and there should be lots of messy conflicts for the PCs to get involved in.

For example:

An infected man is purposely raping uninfected women to give them the disease and the authorities need help catching him.

One of the larger cities has managed to remain nearly unaffected by the disease by instituting draconian measures such as completely closing the city walls and killing anyone within who catches the disease. But many of the citizens of the city are becoming fed up with the measures and a revolution is brewing.

For the first time, elves have begun wars of aggression to expand their holdings due to the need for more arable land to support their suddenly huge families.

A mad gnomish scientist has been kidnapping infected and uninfected creatures of all races and doing horrible experiments on them in an attempt to find a cure.

MammonAzrael
2011-08-21, 06:42 PM
I like this idea! But it seems like the kind of widespread devastation that would make it BBEG-worthy would require more than a single dude with a sword.
Also nice! I like the idea of including fey. Perhaps this too will make it in as a side-quest.

For the first...why limit the genders? If s/he's powerful enough, have their harem consist of both genders, but with a minimum CHA of 17. Everyone else is a servant or soldier.
Yeah, at the point the players come in, he would already have needed to take control of at least a city, potentially a country, and prepping to invade others.
And with the fey, promises and whispers and enthrallment can make sex so much more dangerous, and at the same time, irresistible.

I swear, the BoVD has done at LEAST as much damage to D&D as the BoEF ever could. Freakin' "Save-Or-I-Rewrite-Your-Character-Sheet" spell.... :smallmad:

Out of curiousity, what's the players' gender demographics? If, as I suspect, it's msotly guys, why not reverse the gender of Evil Harem Collector? Some depraved female Wizard who's "collecting" her world's greatest heroes. Why should the female characters be the only ones who need to worry about Fates Worse Than Death?

Hmm...A woman who believes herself (and perhaps is) the pinnacle of human capability, a paragon of the race. And she's recently perfected a spell that alters the normal gestation period of pregnancy from 9 months to say, a week. Convinced of her superiority, she begins to collect mighty heroes, renowned scholars, and all manner of extraordinary people to for her own stable to breed what she believe the perfect race of humans.

This could remain a threat specifically to the best and brightest of the world while normal folk carry on without incident, or could be mixed with purging the world of normal folk, so that only her offspring will survive. And naturally her kids will be completely loyal to her...and her stallions will have been dominated/mind raped into loyalty.

There are also 100 ideas at the beginning of chapter 7.

NNescio
2011-08-21, 06:45 PM
-The party must stop the birth of a Dark God/Demon/Devil. The impregnation could have already happened or they know about the act in advance thanks to prophecy.
-Malcanthet or Graz'zt is making a major push into the Material Plane. They created a charm spell that spreads via sex. Will there be enough cold showers to save the day?
-A rash of murders are believed to be linked to a new race of shapeshifters that beds their lovers and then devours them. To make matters worse the offspring from the union mature at an alarming rate. It's up to the heroes to stop this hoard of mantis women.

And so on.

Slaanesh and genestealers?

Tengu_temp
2011-08-21, 06:49 PM
The "have sex, get +2/4/6 to a stat temporarily" feats are so broken. Just saying.

Maho-Tsukai
2011-08-21, 06:51 PM
Another possible idea can be semi-lifted from FFVII advent children. Basically have an evil guy who was destroyed be making his return...but in an unusual way. This unsubtle way? Even though his body was destroyed his essence, mind and soul lived on.....as a magical contagion that is transmitted through sex. This "disease" would slowly eat people's life force and while it's infecting them it could make them sex-crazed and/or evil, if you want to go that route...either way once the disease infected enough people and drained enough life energy to give this villain's mind and soul a new vessel the BBEG makes his triumphant entrance...heck, this could even combined with the enchanter idea that was mentioned earlier...

Also, if you want to make the villain more disturbing why have him stop his lust at the standard sexual appetites....bestiality, pedophilia, necrophilia and other "taboo" sexual interests could make the villain all the more sick and vile to your players, so don't be afraid to use them...

Chess435
2011-08-21, 06:57 PM
Hmm...A woman who believes herself (and perhaps is) the pinnacle of human capability, a paragon of the race. And she's recently perfected a spell that alters the normal gestation period of pregnancy from 9 months to say, a week. Convinced of her superiority, she begins to collect mighty heroes, renowned scholars, and all manner of extraordinary people to for her own stable to breed what she believe the perfect race of humans.

This could remain a threat specifically to the best and brightest of the world while normal folk carry on without incident, or could be mixed with purging the world of normal folk, so that only her offspring will survive. And naturally her kids will be completely loyal to her...and her stallions will have been dominated/mind raped into loyalty.

This sounds like a very interesting concept. Do you mind if I steal it as well?

Tvtyrant
2011-08-21, 06:57 PM
In a R. Scott Bakker series there is a being known as the Nogod that causes every birth to be a miscarriage, effectively extinguishing life on the planet. Thus killing it becomes the primary goal of all nations on the planet; nations that were losing against its armies to begin with.

MammonAzrael
2011-08-21, 07:00 PM
This sounds like a very interesting concept. Do you mind if I steal it as well?

Go for it. :smallsmile:

Seerow
2011-08-21, 07:12 PM
I'm kind of digging the plague idea. What if you have a plague that has affected different races in different ways. Perhaps gnomes have become infertile, elves are now giving birth to litters of children, dwarves die if they go long enough without reproducing (a la Moties), halflings can now reproduce asexually by budding, orcs can breed normally, but only with members of other races (not with other orcs), and humans are giving birth to children who are mutated in strange and baffling ways. Something like that could really cause a lot of friction and conflict in the world. And if you want things to be more immediate and in-your-face, just start the campaign 10-15 years after the plague began. By that point things should have heated up quite a bit and there should be lots of messy conflicts for the PCs to get involved in.

For example:

An infected man is purposely raping uninfected women to give them the disease and the authorities need help catching him.

One of the larger cities has managed to remain nearly unaffected by the disease by instituting draconian measures such as completely closing the city walls and killing anyone within who catches the disease. But many of the citizens of the city are becoming fed up with the measures and a revolution is brewing.

For the first time, elves have begun wars of aggression to expand their holdings due to the need for more arable land to support their suddenly huge families.

A mad gnomish scientist has been kidnapping infected and uninfected creatures of all races and doing horrible experiments on them in an attempt to find a cure.

This actually has a lot of potential for a campaign. You could even have it be a plague that was purposely created for the purpose of destabilizing the continent/planet, so the players could have something to punch in the face. Lots of potential for conflict at all levels of play, from low level offenders like the serial rapist, to larger scale conflicts like the elven expansion, or Orcs being torn between realizing they're near extinction (taking place 15 years after the plague starts, you're looking at 15 years since the last pure orc was born, and Orcs don't have a really long lifespan) and Orcs raiding for members of other races to breed with.

I mean, all around you have a ton of potential everywhere.

Shadowknight12
2011-08-21, 07:14 PM
Oh, I intend for sex to be a reward. Most assuredly. But I also want sex to be a threat.

Trust me, you can be reasonably sure that the PCs want it to be rather blatant. That doesn't mean I'll be beating them over the head with it, but there will certainly be some explicit scenes.

All right, fair enough. Let's pitch some ideas:

There's a new draught or elixir out there that is all the rage among commoners and noblemen alike. It's not only an aphrodisiac, but it also enhances the pleasure derived from the act itself. This draught is cheap and mass-produced, and spreading fast across the world. And every city that gets an influx of the thing slowly decays as tasks are left unfinished and people waste away, like hardcore addicts that can't put any thought above the acquisition of the next vial, not even their own survival. To make matters worse, the draught could well have terrible effects on their minds, bodies and souls. The PCs have to figure out where the draught comes from, who makes it, and what are they after. Then find a cure, antidote or some way to stop it from ending the world's population.
A cult has risen among the more puritanical villages, a cult that takes advantage of the peasants' repressed sexualities and has them perform kidnappings and awful abuse upon the Fey and elves in the nearby woods. The PCs are either part of the Fey/elves or peasants trying to figure out what's going on before it's too late and the cult spreads to the major cities.
A cleric of a good deity of love/pleasure/etc discovers a ritual that solves any and all love or sex related problems. Unattractive? Fixed. Heartache? Fixed. Loneliness? Fixed. Bad lover? Fixed. As a result, a terrible war unleashes among the nations, as they all want to get a hold of the cleric and the fabled ritual, since whoever nation gets it will become quite powerful as a result.
Sigh. Mandatory vampire suggestion.
Sigh. Mandatory lycanthropy-as-STD suggestion.
Take a lich. Give her a dead lover whose soul was cursed to have resurrections auto-fail and no afterlife accept him. Give her a goal to sacrifice anything to get her lover back. Maybe add in a subplot about getting herself a living body again, too. Or having a True Rez prepared for herself when she's finally found a way to resurrect her lover.
Take a nymph. Make her fated to birth the child that will end the world. Make her long for true love, rather than flings, to give the PCs time to actually find her before she conceives (or not, up to you).
Take a half-elf, give them a sad background of abuse from both parent races and make them determined to end both. Make them sexually aggressive, trying to regain control over their sexuality by becoming hypersexual.
Take a coven of witches or warlocks that vow to plot the ruin of several important figures by corrupting them with wicked debauchery. It's rather petty, but it can work for a small scale.
Take a cathedral that imprisons a terrible fiend under its catacombs. The grand seal is held together by undilluted purity and the magical resonance it possesses. The only way to break it is to perform impure acts upon it. Guess what a certain evil cult wants to do.

That's all for now. More to come later!

Maho-Tsukai
2011-08-21, 07:25 PM
Do your players like Hentai at all? If so the far realms holds lots of pontential for your campaign as far as monsters are concerned.....and here are a few others off the top of my head...

- A mad wizard created horrific tentacled monsters for sexual pleasure but they turned on him and now want to make themselves the dominate species on the planet....and it reproduces via rape with certain parts of it's body.

- A group of eunuchs who believe in abstinence are on a mission to make highly regulated sex and in some cases forced castration the law of the land via manipulating the royal court. Your job, take down this political campaign with some "courtly intrigue" of your own. Could work well with the plague plot if said plague happens to be an STD.

- A local dragon happens to have a fetish for humans and the kingdom it's terrorizing has been forced to appease it by sending it's most beautiful maidens to the dragon for his personal pleasure. Your adventurers and you've been tasked to stop this...by being disguised as the next batch of maidens so you can enter the dragon's lair and kill it Trojan Horse style.

- An evil spellcaster is planning to turn every intelligent humanoid on the plane into hengiyokai who will be totally submissive and fanatically loyal to him/her.....lets face it, if your players know the internet, chances are they would have loads of fun beating up a furry.(Unless they are such themselves.)

TheRinni
2011-08-21, 07:28 PM
My only experience with the BoEF was... unpleasant. The only advice I can offer is this: I would be reluctant to play in an evil campaign that commonly used the BoEF as source material.

We tried this. Once. Although, we never intended to bring "the book" into this game. One of our newer players thought it would be fun to play a Lizardman who went around raping princesses, hospital patients, and everything else the DM threw at us. The DM, excited to have her get into character, encouraged her by pulling out the BoEF.

The campaign only lasted one session. We just couldn't play it after that.

EDIT:

- A local dragon happens to have a fetish for humans and the local kingdom has been forced to appease it by sending it's most beautiful maidens to the dragon for his personal pleasure. Your adventurers and you've been tasked to stop this...by being disguised as the next batch of maidens.
I absolutely LOVE this campaign concept. I may end up falling back on it as a sidequest option for my players in my current game.

Talya
2011-08-21, 07:29 PM
Just a plug for my favorite sorceress's personal spell designs...
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75192

ShneekeyTheLost
2011-08-21, 07:30 PM

In a word: Don't.

The Glyphstone
2011-08-21, 08:01 PM
In a word: Don't.

I think we're well past the point, sadly, where that useful advice would have any hope of being heeded.

Tengu_temp
2011-08-21, 08:17 PM
- A local dragon happens to have a fetish for humans and the kingdom it's terrorizing has been forced to appease it by sending it's most beautiful maidens to the dragon for his personal pleasure. Your adventurers and you've been tasked to stop this...by being disguised as the next batch of maidens so you can enter the dragon's lair and kill it Trojan Horse style.

The more male dwarves and burly barbarians are in the group, the funnier this becomes.

SowZ
2011-08-21, 08:25 PM
May the gods have mercy on your soul...

Also, YOU don't need to think of more ways to bring sex into the campaign. Trust me. You can run a normal adventure and they will find a way to make sex central to the plot all by themselves.

Morph Bark
2011-08-21, 08:43 PM
Why must there be a threat to the world that relates to sex? You can come with a smaller, more localized threat, or a non-threatening end goal or end to the story. Throw in a human king who is totally crazy about non-human women and wants his heir to be half-human and have him ask any non-human female party members to become his mistress. (Alternatively, a queen for the male party members, if your group is scarce on female characters.)

GoatBoy
2011-08-21, 08:46 PM
Wordwide plague of impotence.

Ryu_Bonkosi
2011-08-21, 08:51 PM
Playing off of one of Maho-Tsukai's ideas:

A group of High Eunuchs who work for the emperor have recently perfected a disease that acts as an STD and has mind-affecting effects that make those with it obey certain commands and want to fornicate more. They themselves have forsworn their ability to have intercourse and are immune to this diabolical disease. It is the players job to find out it was them and then fix the problem.

Admiral Squish
2011-08-21, 09:29 PM

And so on.

-Always a good way to go, though perhaps a bit stereotypical.
-I could see something fun coming out of that. Perhaps each cult-group is given a succubus who carries the charm. Those affected by the charm become sex-hungry, and eventually maybe even gain the fiendish template?
-I also like this idea! Emantothrope mantises? Refluffed aranea? Perhaps just a bizzare cult of warshaper changelings?

For example:

Certainly an interesting idea for a setting, but there's no real overarching adventure path. I mean, the goal is to cure the plague, but it seems like it would require a lot of planning to get off the ground, and it would be easy to get lost in the damage control.

For the first...why limit the genders? If s/he's powerful enough, have their harem consist of both genders, but with a minimum CHA of 17. Everyone else is a servant or soldier.
Yeah, at the point the players come in, he would already have needed to take control of at least a city, potentially a country, and prepping to invade others.
And with the fey, promises and whispers and enthrallment can make sex so much more dangerous, and at the same time, irresistible.

-True, that makes a lot of sense. Though, I'd like to point out, I'd have to describe this.
-Yeah, the question is how would he get the kind of followers needed for that?
-Indeed. Fey are fun.

I also like this idea! Though, none of the PCs are actually HUMAN. Well, none yet.

I've been perusing the 100 ideas too.

Another possible idea can be semi-lifted from FFVII advent children. Basically have an evil guy who was destroyed be making his return...but in an unusual way. This unsubtle way? Even though his body was destroyed his essence, mind and soul lived on.....as a magical contagion that is transmitted through sex. This "disease" would slowly eat people's life force and while it's infecting them it could make them sex-crazed and/or evil, if you want to go that route...either way once the disease infected enough people and drained enough life energy to give this villain's mind and soul a new vessel the BBEG makes his triumphant entrance...heck, this could even combined with the enchanter idea that was mentioned earlier...

Also, if you want to make the villain more disturbing why have him stop his lust at the standard sexual appetites....bestiality, pedophilia, necrophilia and other "taboo" sexual interests could make the villain all the more sick and vile to your players, so don't be afraid to use them...

I also like this! I've never seen advent children, though, so I'll have to look into that. I like the idea, though. Have the players kill a baddie once, but his minions get away, perhaps with his blood, or perhaps his blood taints a water supply?

In a R. Scott Bakker series there is a being known as the Nogod that causes every birth to be a miscarriage, effectively extinguishing life on the planet. Thus killing it becomes the primary goal of all nations on the planet; nations that were losing against its armies to begin with.

I like this. could be an in interesting endgame adventure. But it's definitely for higher-level. Perhaps I could even have one of the PC's ladies be pregnant when the big bad pops up?

All right, fair enough. Let's pitch some ideas:

There's a new draught or elixir out there that is all the rage among commoners and noblemen alike. It's not only an aphrodisiac, but it also enhances the pleasure derived from the act itself. This draught is cheap and mass-produced, and spreading fast across the world. And every city that gets an influx of the thing slowly decays as tasks are left unfinished and people waste away, like hardcore addicts that can't put any thought above the acquisition of the next vial, not even their own survival. To make matters worse, the draught could well have terrible effects on their minds, bodies and souls. The PCs have to figure out where the draught comes from, who makes it, and what are they after. Then find a cure, antidote or some way to stop it from ending the world's population.
A cult has risen among the more puritanical villages, a cult that takes advantage of the peasants' repressed sexualities and has them perform kidnappings and awful abuse upon the Fey and elves in the nearby woods. The PCs are either part of the Fey/elves or peasants trying to figure out what's going on before it's too late and the cult spreads to the major cities.
A cleric of a good deity of love/pleasure/etc discovers a ritual that solves any and all love or sex related problems. Unattractive? Fixed. Heartache? Fixed. Loneliness? Fixed. Bad lover? Fixed. As a result, a terrible war unleashes among the nations, as they all want to get a hold of the cleric and the fabled ritual, since whoever nation gets it will become quite powerful as a result.
Sigh. Mandatory vampire suggestion.
Sigh. Mandatory lycanthropy-as-STD suggestion.
Take a lich. Give her a dead lover whose soul was cursed to have resurrections auto-fail and no afterlife accept him. Give her a goal to sacrifice anything to get her lover back. Maybe add in a subplot about getting herself a living body again, too. Or having a True Rez prepared for herself when she's finally found a way to resurrect her lover.
Take a nymph. Make her fated to birth the child that will end the world. Make her long for true love, rather than flings, to give the PCs time to actually find her before she conceives (or not, up to you).
Take a half-elf, give them a sad background of abuse from both parent races and make them determined to end both. Make them sexually aggressive, trying to regain control over their sexuality by becoming hypersexual.
Take a coven of witches or warlocks that vow to plot the ruin of several important figures by corrupting them with wicked debauchery. It's rather petty, but it can work for a small scale.
Take a cathedral that imprisons a terrible fiend under its catacombs. The grand seal is held together by undilluted purity and the magical resonance it possesses. The only way to break it is to perform impure acts upon it. Guess what a certain evil cult wants to do.

That's all for now. More to come later!

-I like the idea. But seems like it's more like a drug use theme than a sexual theme.
-Seems good, but also seems like more of a side quest.
-Hmm. I like the idea of nations fighting over a cleric. Protection/live transport missions are notoriously awkward, though.
-Thought of that.
-Thought of that, too.
-Oooh, nice inversion. I like the idea of a lich driven mad by a dead love. Perhaps the dead love became a vestige?
-A nymph fated to give birth to the end of the world... I'm forced to wonder what's the father?
-A half elf determined to kill all elves and humans? Does that include all half-humans and human/elf subraces?
-Probably more fitting for a sidequest, thanthe main plot.
-Hmm. Perhaps instead, the purity is sealed in the purity of the priests? The baddie's goal is to corrupt all the priests individual.

Do your players like Hentai at all? If so the far realms holds lots of pontential for your campaign as far as monsters are concerned.....and here are a few others off the top of my head...

- A mad wizard created horrific tentacled monsters for sexual pleasure but they turned on him and now want to make themselves the dominate species on the planet....and it reproduces via rape with certain parts of it's body.

- A group of eunuchs who believe in abstinence are on a mission to make highly regulated sex and in some cases forced castration the law of the land via manipulating the royal court. Your job, take down this political campaign with some "courtly intrigue" of your own. Could work well with the plague plot if said plague happens to be an STD.

- An evil spellcaster is planning to turn every intelligent humanoid on the plane into hengiyokai who will be totally submissive and fanatically loyal to him/her.....lets face it, if your players know the internet, chances are they would have loads of fun beating up a furry.(Unless they are such themselves.)

Oh yeah, they should all be pretty familiar with hentai.
-Created or called from the far realm? Both are fun.
-This one could certainly be fun.
-This also seems fun, and will be particularly hilariously if we get a big, beefy tank character.
-Furry punching could definitely be fun!

Just a plug for my favorite sorceress's personal spell designs...
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75192

I'll definitely give those a look!

Coidzor
2011-08-21, 11:06 PM
The more male dwarves and burly barbarians are in the group, the funnier this becomes.

Also hilarious with female dwarves.

In micromail (http://wiki.lspace.org/wiki/Micromail)mini-skirts.

edit: Ok, so (http://www.commanderkitty.com/2010/12/05/dont-wait-up/) it's... silly... (http://www.commanderkitty.com/2011/06/26/bedside-manners/) But just think about some of (http://www.commanderkitty.com/2011/07/12/well-theres-yer-problem/)the possibilities with warforged. (http://www.commanderkitty.com/)

Or the Dirty Data Tango by Voltaire.

Admiral Squish
2011-08-22, 10:14 AM
Playing off of one of Maho-Tsukai's ideas:

A group of High Eunuchs who work for the emperor have recently perfected a disease that acts as an STD and has mind-affecting effects that make those with it obey certain commands and want to fornicate more. They themselves have forsworn their ability to have intercourse and are immune to this diabolical disease. It is the players job to find out it was them and then fix the problem.

This is a good modification to the plague idea. A group of purists who use an arcane STD to destroy everyone not as pure as themselves.

These are a lot of ideas to chew on. I'll have to mull them all over for a bit...

The Glyphstone
2011-08-23, 02:36 PM
For a humorous interlude, you could have the party encounter rumors of a powerful 'artifact'. Let's just say that Vecna amputated more than his eye and hand in the pursuit of power...

Admiral Squish
2011-08-23, 02:43 PM
For a humorous interlude, you could have the party encounter rumors of a powerful 'artifact'. Let's just say that Vecna amputated more than his eye and hand in the pursuit of power...

:smallconfused: -> :smalleek:

I don't even want to think about necrotic wing-wangs...

tonberrian
2011-08-23, 02:46 PM

:smalleek:

I thought Vecna was female...

Admiral Squish
2011-08-23, 03:08 PM

THAT'S EVEN WORSE!
*cries to self*

TurkeyBlizzard
2011-08-23, 03:09 PM

You're thinking of Wee Jas, me thinks.

The Glyphstone
2011-08-23, 04:14 PM

No, Vecna is/was male.

And the best part is, you could decide to not actually homebrew said artifact, and hope your party goes for the 'Head of Vecna' result. Or actually give the Bits of Vecna magical powers, whichever will result in more hilarity.

Coidzor
2011-08-23, 04:26 PM

I thought those amputations were done by Kas? :smallconfused:

Malimar
2011-08-23, 04:33 PM
Something that just occurred to me: trawl the archives of the webcomic Oglaf for ideas. I don't think, by forum rules, I can link to it (it's, uh, NSFW), but it's not hard to find.

The Glyphstone
2011-08-23, 04:41 PM
I thought those amputations were done by Kas? :smallconfused:

Huh. Apparently they were. Same principle then, just flavor the whole deal with a bit of Foe Yay.

Piggy Knowles
2011-08-23, 04:56 PM
I ran a campaign once, where one of the major story arcs was that a fertility goddess from a dying realm was trying to force her way into this one.

This campaign didn't incorporate anything from BoEF, but it easily could have.

Basically, this started in a medium-sized city, as a "blessing" of fertility and fecundity. Everything had a renewed vigor for life. Crops produced more, and everybody, animal, human or monster, was infected with extra energy, extra life, and the urge to mate.

The impact increased more and more as time went on. Seeds started sprouting moments after they were put in the ground. Pollen choked the air. The plants were growing so rapidly that the weeds and stronger specimens were completely choking out everything else, and nothing could be done about it. Animals and people started giving birth early, leading to stillborns.

As the curse went on, disease started running rampant. The fertility boon wasn't limited to people - it effected mold, bacteria, virii, literally any living thing. People were constantly sick and dying, fighting terrible bacterial blooms in their bodies. It got so bad that things started rotting as soon as they died, and mold even started growing on living people.

I focused more on how the fertility goddess, who was not meant for our world, effected agriculture and the like. The mating urges, etc., were just a minor part. However, I could have easily taken this in a different direction, which would have made sex a much bigger part of the campaign. I think the idea of being filled with the urge to procreate, even as you know that everything around you is rotting and diseased and dying, is a fairly powerful one.

TurtleKing
2011-08-23, 05:08 PM
That sounds alot like one of the Elder Evils.

Piggy Knowles
2011-08-23, 05:25 PM
Honestly, I stole the idea from a combination of Pollen (http://www.amazon.com/Pollen-Jeff-Noon/dp/0517599902) by Jeff Noon, and Schismatrix (http://www.amazon.com/Schismatrix-Plus-Complete-Shapers-Mechanists-Universe/dp/0441003702) from Bruce Sterling, both relocated to a fantasy setting.

(I stole quite a bit, concept-wise, from Pollen. From Schismatrix, I pulled a lot of flavor from the section when Lindsay is at the lunar colony, especially the sours and all.)

This goddess was also very much not evil, but she was not at all suited for the world of the PCs. There was supposed to be a moral dilemma in there, where the PCs didn't want to kill this overall good goddess that just wanted to live. However, they were so skeezed out by the mold and rotting that they destroyed her without compunction, and breathed a sigh of relief afterwords. Just goes to show, you can never bank on how your PCs will react...

Admiral Squish
2011-08-23, 09:49 PM
Hmm. Interesting plotline. I may steal from it.

Arutema
2011-08-23, 10:25 PM
Pathfinder has a goddess (http://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Lamashtu) who'd approve of the whole magical STD idea. You might want to steal her for your game if you're not already playing in Golarion.

Admiral Squish
2011-08-23, 11:27 PM
Pathfinder has a goddess (http://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Lamashtu) who'd approve of the whole magical STD idea. You might want to steal her for your game if you're not already playing in Golarion.
She certainly would fit in nicely! Thanks!

Saintheart
2011-08-24, 12:34 AM
The players were pretty specific about having sex be a major part of the game.

This is almost sig-worthy. :smallcool:

Drelua
2011-08-24, 12:49 AM
Naughty bits of Vecna - an object of great power that comes with a little known drawback. Once it is...implanted...it doesn't quite function as one would expect of such an organ. You get great magical power, but you're impotent. I guarantee that none of your PCs would use it...if they knew! :smallwink:

P.S. (Spoilered for the faint of heart)
The wiener of Vecna needn't be restricted to use by a male...just saying...the process would be much less painful if there was nothing that needed to be removed...

Anyway, back on topic. I can't take full credit for this idea, as it was partially stolen from Shadowknight and partially from R.A. Salvatore, but what if a potion was being distributed, apparently nothing more than a cheap aphrodisiac, but secretly far more dangerous. It could lay dormant until someone dies, at which point it takes control of their body and uses it to spread the seed of loyal warriors all over the nation to leave it crippled. As a plot hook, a PC could have a family member die and fall victim to this disease, possibly being attacked by, say, their father at his own funeral. This would also reveal some things to the PC that he would most likely prefer not to know about his father's social life...
The potion could also corrupt the person slowly while they are living, or take over their body while they sleep leaving strange signs and sensations on their body when they wake up, or any number of things really.

big teej
2011-08-25, 11:43 AM
look into the god-thing known as Slaanesh, I assure you, if you dig deep enough, you'll have more than enough to work with.

Morph Bark
2011-08-25, 11:45 AM

"You must find the Unsacred Severed Left Breast of Vecna, or the world shall be destroyed, consumed by the Plane of Negative Energy as it breaks through its nipple!"