PDA

View Full Version : Changing Static Skill DCs

Waker
2011-08-21, 06:36 PM
In case there is a topic about this somewhere, feel free to lock this.

Anyways, I have some issues with static dcs for certain skills and I wanted to toss out my ideas for how they could be fixed and see how you all think it would work.
Concentration- The DC for casting defensively is 10 + spell level + highest BAB of attackers in range. My reasoning for this is that why would it be equally as difficult for a spellcaster to not draw an attack of opportunity from a dragon as a one-armed goblin? It just doesn't make sense to me.
Tumble- Tumbling past is DC= 15 + Enemy BAB, Tumbling through is DC=25 + Enemy BAB. Same reason as Concentration.
Bluff/Diplomacy-Add the target creatures HD to the DC of the check. Possibly adding the Wis or Cha mod if positive as well. I really dislike the idea of a diplomancer and I've had to deal with players who would abuse bluff like crazy.

Trenelus
2011-08-22, 07:16 AM
In a recently started Eberron game I DM, we are trying quit a few new house rules, and one them happens to be similar of your idea.

Both Concentration and Tumble were changed work that way, and so far we have been pleased with the fix, so for that part I recommend it.

As for Diplomancy/Bluff fix we have an old gentlemans agreement, so can't help with that part. I suppose that could work too.

Fouredged Sword
2011-08-22, 09:40 AM
I find the giant's fix for diplomacy works well.