PDA

View Full Version : Generic RP personality profile thingummy?

shadow_archmagi
2011-08-21, 07:38 PM
I'd like to poke my players into doing a bit more RP, or at the very least, giving me enough information to poke them later.

I'm imagining sheets with questions like

1. Describe your character in four words

2. Describe verbs that often apply to your character

3. What's the first thing she would grab in a fire?

and so forth. I'm sure there are many, and I'm sure you all have your own particular favorites for one cause or another. The game's 3.5, in case it matters.

Winds
2011-08-21, 08:19 PM
You see *the other party members*. How do you react?

Most important, I think, is more along the lines of 'Why are you here?' or 'Why do you adventure?' The rest is interesting, but will develop more naturally during an adventure if you start with one core question about who the character is.

Enix18
2011-08-21, 09:12 PM
If you have access to it, I would take a look at the core rulebook for Legend of the Five Rings. The section on character creation begins with a "game of twenty questions", where it ask a lot of important, personality-defining things. Some of these are setting-specific, but many of them are exactly the sort of generic and thought-provoking queries you're looking for.

Examples:

6. Who is the person your character trusts most the world?

11. Does your character have any prejudices?

17. How would your character's parents describe him?

Dr Bwaa
2011-08-21, 09:18 PM
This (http://www.miniworld.com/adnd/100ThingsAboutUrPCBackGround.html) is a pretty good list for that. There is another, longer one that I also remember really liking, but I can't find it :smallfrown:

shadow_archmagi
2011-08-21, 09:51 PM
This (http://www.miniworld.com/adnd/100ThingsAboutUrPCBackGround.html) is a pretty good list for that. There is another, longer one that I also remember really liking, but I can't find it :smallfrown:

This is beautiful. I think my players would revolt at anything more than 100 questions. Thanks! I've already sent them the google doc with the questions in it, and instructed them to put their own answers in their own color.