PDA

View Full Version : [3.P] Is there a way to become undead?

Apocolithp
2011-08-21, 10:00 PM
Title says it all, I trying to figure out a way to make a undead druid in pathfinder but cant find any rules for it, any suggestions? Looking to, if possible, stay human and not go for templets such as lich. Don't know if this exists but Im sure someone has more info then I do.

Calimehter
2011-08-21, 10:03 PM
Well, you won't really be "human" anymore when you become undead. :smallwink:

For a simpler template than lich, there's always the Necropolitan from Libris Mortis.

Apocolithp
2011-08-21, 10:06 PM
Yes, good point there hehe, guess I just don't quite understand how it works, Ill check that one out though, thanks!

SoHardToRegiste
2011-08-21, 10:46 PM
I thought undead were anathema to the druid's belief system, being against the natural cycle and all.

Moginheden
2011-08-21, 11:16 PM
I don't think a druid would be ok with being undead.

There was a class like druid that worked with undead I read about a while ago though, I think in either sandstorm or libris mortis. I think it gained undead abilities as class features too.

Psyren
2011-08-21, 11:19 PM
Pretty sure there's an undead druid in Faerun somewhere.
*waits for hamishspence.*

Failing that, desert druids are explicitly drawn towards the Walker in the Wastes PrC (It's Hot Outside) which turns you into an undead Dry Lich at the capstone.

Moginheden
2011-08-21, 11:25 PM
Walker in the Waste was the class, it's a prestige class not a base class but I can see a druid going into it despite the undead nature. Sandstorm page 89. At level 10 you become a "dry lich" so you never have to go evil like a normal lich, but you are undead.

Wings of Peace
2011-08-21, 11:55 PM
Planar Shepards could also be pro-undead. Some of them would see them as a part of the grand scheme of things.

Psyren
2011-08-21, 11:58 PM
Walker in the Waste was the class, it's a prestige class not a base class but I can see a druid going into it despite the undead nature. Sandstorm page 89. At level 10 you become a "dry lich" so you never have to go evil like a normal lich, but you are undead.

1) The designers saw a druid going into it too :P

"If you’re a desert druid of a harsh bent, you might take up this path as well." - SSt pg. 90

2) There are evil druids too, and I could easily conceive an evil lich druid being someone like Knives Millions from Trigun, that wants to save the planet/ecosystem by forcibly removing its worst parasite - humanity.

ZombiePunch
2011-08-22, 12:15 AM
There's also the Corrupted Wild Shape feat in Libris Mortis, it lets you wildshape into an undead.
You need to be undead to take it though so Necropolitan would fit in here.

Anxe
2011-08-22, 12:17 AM
Blighter from complete Divine? Or is that not allowed in Pathfinder?

Psyren
2011-08-22, 12:21 AM
Blighter from complete Divine? Or is that not allowed in Pathfinder?

They're not undead, just bastards (though you could easily be an undead one.) They do get Undead Wild Shape, however.

And anything in 3.5 is allowed in Pathfinder, you just have to convert it. Blighter's requirements don't require adjustment though.

Leon
2011-08-22, 12:50 AM
The Child of Winter Druidic faction from Eberron could easily be happy with the Undead.

cZak
2011-08-22, 01:22 AM
PrC Agent of the Grave (Factions?) capstone (5th) gives the option to become a free willed undead if you ever get spawned.
You gain a negative energy touch attack and heal from negative energy.
You also retain your intelligence.

One req that may be difficult is ability to cast Animate dead (not sure that's on the druid spell list)

Problem is only vampire and liches retain class levels after being spawned.

Arutema
2011-08-22, 02:36 AM
The Dhampir (PF Bestiary 2) is technically alive, but is healed by negative energy, and is suitable for use as a PC race.

DonDuckie
2011-08-22, 02:52 AM
I think it's Bestiary 1; skaletal champion, a skeleton that retains class levels and intelligence(and gets some nifty bonuses). There is no recipe for creating it, but I would easier than Lich. But it's still a template.

Yora
2011-08-22, 03:45 AM
Pretty sure there's an undead druid in Faerun somewhere.
*waits for hamishspence.*
Yes there is. He provides much needed divine magic for the elven KKK, because all the elven gods refuse to grant them spells.