PDA

View Full Version : Aeromancers Powers

Milo v3
2011-08-22, 07:36 AM
I'm currently making a campaign in which the mages are from one of three classes, one that can manipulate blood, one that can manipulate sand, and one that can manipulate gases.

The thing is I can't think of ideas for what you can actually do with gas manipulation.
So far here is all I have:

Create an air bubble (Via Oxygen
Create explosions (Via oxygen)
Create gusts of wind
Slow down descent (Via helium)
Cut off someones air suppy

So any other ideas?

Zeta Kai
2011-08-22, 07:47 AM
Sonic Boom!

SilverSavio
2011-08-22, 10:09 AM
Pull My Finger!!!

Amechra
2011-08-22, 11:13 AM
-Give them the bends (nitrogen bubbles out of their blood.)
-Asphyxiate them with their own exhalation (Carbon Dioxide)

There are a couple others, but I'll do those later...

GuyFawkes
2011-08-22, 11:19 AM
Hmm. there's lots you can do with gases actually, depending on what constitutes as manipulation for you, from the fantastic, to the scientific, to the bizarre. Here are some ideas:

create blades of air
manipulate concentrations of gases to produce a poisonous effect (carbon monoxide, etc)
manipulate air temperature
create fog
induce bends (produce air bubbles in people's bloodstream)
crush people/creatures
create implosions
create vacuums
create pressure systems (weather manipulation, yeah)
move objects/yourself (levitation/flight)
shoot blasts of high pressure air
create wall/armor of air
create lightning!

wuwuwu
2011-08-22, 05:17 PM
I'd like to point out that an Aeromancer would use gases to divine the future. An Aerourge (I think? Maybe Aerolist) would manipulate air.

For actual Aeromancy, I would say the ability to get whispers of the future on the wind, like a wind from the East will tell you of an eastern village being pillaged, one from the North will tell you about a storm heading your way.

Having the wind guide you to a location ("I want to get to the Dragon's cave", and then the wind begins blowing North-West to guide you)

Having the wind converge on something you seek ("Where is the king's missing son" would cause all the wind to converge on it, maybe forming a visible but weak tornado)

Hope that helped!

Milo v3
2011-08-22, 05:26 PM
I'd like to point out that an Aeromancer would use gases to divine the future. An Aerourge (I think? Maybe Aerolist) would manipulate air.

For actual Aeromancy, I would say the ability to get whispers of the future on the wind, like a wind from the East will tell you of an eastern village being pillaged, one from the North will tell you about a storm heading your way.

Having the wind guide you to a location ("I want to get to the Dragon's cave", and then the wind begins blowing North-West to guide you)

Having the wind converge on something you seek ("Where is the king's missing son" would cause all the wind to converge on it, maybe forming a visible but weak tornado)

Hope that helped!

Technically correct but can you remember, the last time a necromancer used his powers to see the future.

Also the actual name of the class isn't going to be Aeromancer, I simply haven't decided yet so I used Aeromancer.

John Cribati
2011-08-22, 05:30 PM
I'm not sure how far along you are in designing the class, but it can't hurt to take a look at the Airbender (http://sites.google.com/site/avatard20/airbender1.0) Class (http://sites.google.com/site/avatard20/airbender2.0).

wuwuwu
2011-08-22, 05:36 PM
Technically correct but can you remember, the last time a necromancer used his powers to see the future.

Also the actual name of the class isn't going to be Aeromancer, I simply haven't decided yet so I used Aeromancer.

Every necromancer I play primarily uses Speak With Dead :smallcool:
But yea, I know what you mean. But the powers I came up with are still useful for you, right? Or were you going to use it as a blaster class?

Milo v3
2011-08-22, 05:59 PM
The wind isn't magical in this setting so the wind can't tell the future.

Wind isn't magical so it can't find things in this setting.

But yea, I know what you mean. But the powers I came up with are still useful for you, right? Or were you going to use it as a blaster class?
I'm not really trying to make a blaster class, but I want it to be a class which can manipulate gases and uses them realistically. While these abilties are more magical. I think I may have described it wrong in the OP.