PDA

View Full Version : Death magic items/artifacts

Balor01
2011-08-22, 08:22 AM
Are there some magic items or artifacts one could nicely use as a nexus point of a Nerull cult? I'd need some decent ideas regarding such items for my next campaign.

Tnx guys. :smallsmile:

koscum
2011-08-22, 08:39 AM
Death Note? As far as I know, the only items associated with Nerull are Mace and Talisman of Krevell (which are classed as Major Relics, but they're from 2nd edition).

Balor01
2011-08-22, 08:50 AM
Well it does not NEED to be related exactly to Nerull. Just something that death cult would go "dawwww" over it. Like maybe an orb that can permanently infect a water source even after purify food and water is cast on it. (or something like it. Just an example)

Fouredged Sword
2011-08-22, 09:23 AM
Deack of many things + 52 card pickup

The results should level a small kingdom.

tyckspoon
2011-08-22, 10:14 AM
Core: Darkskull, the center of a permanent and roving Unhallow effect. Consecrate it to Nerull specifically, maybe give it some intelligent item powers, and you have a portable shrine.

Magic Item Compendium: 2 relics associated directly with Nerull, although the etherealness shirt is not especially deathy. The Censer of the Last Breath is pretty nice, tho- burns gemstones to create an assortment of mist and fog effects, available effects depending on how powerful the wielder of the relic is. Base item is fairly inexpensive, too.