PDA

View Full Version : strong melee/ divine caster

Bloodymango
2011-08-22, 12:59 PM
so i currently have a build for a 1-20 cleric. after 4 level i branch off into several different PrC's. ordained champion and knight of the raven. both of these PrC are full bab and for what im gonna take from them i will lose one caster level from each. My question to u guys is, are there other full bab divine classes that only lose one caster level besides the fist of rizal. i'm not a big fan of KoTR after 5 level and i dont like any thing ordained champion post third level.

Kenneth
2011-08-22, 01:22 PM
NEVER EVER lose caster levels.

a full BAB is completely overrated.

gimping your character by having them lose 2 caster levels is a HUGE.

I would suggest just going straight Cleric or cleric/ Divine oracle to get evasion, uncanny dodge (imp UD as well), immunity to surprise and the oracle domain (which is nothing to scoff at)

You come out with +12 as a BaB at the end of your 20 levels the most important thing though is You keep full casting levels.

Truth be told going straight cleric is probably for the best if you truely want to be a dominating melee force and divine caster, failing that You could always just go Druid and nab natural spell and power attack and proceed to own foes.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-08-22, 01:27 PM
Cleric all the way, Divine Power, Righteous Might, Divine Favor. Maybe DMM: persist and/or extended spell to keep them up.

OR

Cleric 4/Crusader 1/Ruby Knight Vindicator 10/cleric +5.

Andreaz
2011-08-22, 01:28 PM
NEVER EVER lose caster levels.

a full BAB is completely overrated.

gimping your character by having them lose 2 caster levels is a HUGE.

I would suggest just going straight Cleric or cleric/ Divine oracle to get evasion, uncanny dodge (imp UD as well), immunity to surprise and the oracle domain (which is nothing to scoff at)

You come out with +12 as a BaB at the end of your 20 levels the most important thing though is You keep full casting levels.

Truth be told going straight cleric is probably for the best if you truely want to be a dominating melee force and divine caster, failing that You could always just go Druid and nab natural spell and power attack and proceed to own foes.

Losing one or two CL for a melee type isn't the end of the world, and he keeps his nuke spells. Some PRCs' class features (like Ordained Champion's) are actually worth the loss.

Greenish
2011-08-22, 01:33 PM
Faiths and Pantheons has the Windwalker, which isn't exactly what you asked for, since it has full BAB and doesn't lose any casting. 6+int skillpoints, too.

And while you'd be stronger by not losing any casting, well, you're a cleric, power isn't exactly a problem.

Metahuman1
2011-08-22, 01:48 PM
I personally Like Just taking DMM: Persist and doing it with divine power for the BaB problem. Pick up Travel Devotion, Knowledge Devotion and Power attack, maybe a two handed martial weapon proficiency, and done. Use other Buffs as needed and not even the mighty Tome Of Battle classes can call you weak.

kestrel404
2011-08-22, 01:53 PM
Ruby Knight Vindicator is very nice - it's full BAB and full casting progression, and you don't actually need to multi-class to get in (the Martial Study and Martial Stance feats will suffice for the maneuvers you need). However, it requires you to worship wee-jas, so it's incompatible with Ordained Champion.

Most of the other full-bab divine casting classes cost you at least one caster level and are therefore not worth it.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-08-22, 01:56 PM
Ruby Knight Vindicator is very nice - it's full BAB and full casting progression, and you don't actually need to multi-class to get in (the Martial Study and Martial Stance feats will suffice for the maneuvers you need). However, it requires you to worship wee-jas, so it's incompatible with Ordained Champion.

It can be refluffed for someone other than Wee Jas.

And what's this talk of full casting progression? It's 8/10 casting.

It's strongly recommended that you get one level of crusader though, so you can use the maneuvers more than once per encounter, and can devote your feats to metamagic and Extra Turning.