PDA

View Full Version : Bestiary/Animal Companion Question [PF]

the_druid_droid
2011-08-22, 04:06 PM
So I'm somewhat new to the Pathfinder rules, and I'm finding some of the rules about animal natural attacks confusing. I've searched around a bit but I can't find anything addressing my specific question, so I brought it here.

Basically, I know that animals get their full BAB added in to all Primary attacks. I also know that Claws are considered Primary attacks in PF. However, I'm thinking of the case where there's an animal like a Cheetah (Small Cat) that has Bite and 2 Claws listed as its attacks.

Does this mean that in a single turn, the Cheetah can attack with all of these attacks (Bite/Claw/Claw), or is there a choice between (Bite) or (Claw/Claw)? If it gets all three at full BAB, that seems quite impressive (not that I'm complaining). I'm playing a druid with a Small Cat companion and I'm rotating out to DM soon, so the question comes up surprisingly often for me.

Thanks in advance for answers.

Baroncognito
2011-08-22, 04:55 PM
As a full attack action, you get claw/claw/bite, at all full BAB. As a standard action, you get claw or bite.

the_druid_droid
2011-08-22, 05:11 PM
As a full attack action, you get claw/claw/bite, at all full BAB. As a standard action, you get claw or bite.

Much obliged! Just wish I'd figured it out earlier...

Retech
2011-08-22, 05:13 PM
Doesn't your small cat have pounce though?

In which case it gets all of them regardless

Baroncognito
2011-08-22, 05:45 PM
Pounce allows you to take a full attack action after a charge, not a full attack action anytime you would take a standard action.

That said, while big cats get pounce, it doesn't look like small cats do.