PDA

View Full Version : [4] Emerging Heroes IC

Servbot
2011-08-22, 06:22 PM
Everyone:
It's a warm and sunny morning. You've all woken up a few hours ago, and have continued your trek to Demaret─you all met in the tavern at Fallbrook just a day's travel from here, and finding yourself in agreeable company decided to venture to Demaret together, in pursuit of a request for 'brave adventurers' to assist in a 'small problem'.

Whatever your reason for hailing it (and perhaps you've not even heard a bit about that request), you're all en route together. And from the looks of it, at this pace, you'll probably arrive within the hour─just in time for lunch, it looks like.

You're walking on a sandy path that runs true through a small wood. Nothing about the atmosphere hints that it's going to be a very exciting morning. You do happen to know that there's a band of thieves running around the area of Demaret, so peace is a welcome thing.

Obligatory "get to know eachother a bit" opening.

thereaper
2011-08-22, 06:40 PM
"Oh, I just LOVE the woods! There is just so much life!"

Kima skips around, picking leaves and vines to decorate her armor.

Hyozo
2011-08-22, 07:22 PM
Ciston nods, and replies "Yeah, woods can be nice. They don't have to be, trouble just loves to hide in the woods, but they can be nice too." Ciston is slightly worried about the band of thieves he heard mentioned in Fallbrook, but is still trying to enjoy the trip as much as he can.

humson
2011-08-22, 09:03 PM
Xanice looks around the woods briefly looking every plant and animal he see.
yes the woods are nice this time of year but it's disappointing. All these plants are documented. Nothing new to learn.

thereaper
2011-08-22, 09:13 PM
"Well, is this documented?"

Kima points to her chainmail, which now has several twigs, leaves, and vines sticking through some of the rings. As she does, a leaf falls out.

"Oops. Lost one."

Hyozo
2011-08-22, 09:26 PM
Ciston gives the Eladrin an incredulous glance. "Nothing new? I doubt that. It might not be immediately obvious, but nature is always changing. Surely there's something that's changed since those documents were written?" he says.

humson
2011-08-22, 09:36 PM
Xanice rolls his eyes and mutters something about uneducated elves. Which gets a disapproving growl from the dragon on soldier
Ow sighs and mutters an apology as the dragons goes back asleep.
Xanice than turns to think about the question.
well I guess your right. There's probably something nearby undiscovered. That reminds me. I seen several genasi before but none quite like you. Tell me about your self.

Hyozo
2011-08-22, 10:31 PM
"I really should have this written down so I can just hand it to people who as what I am." Ciston says with a sigh. "I assume you know how a Genasi's elemental power usually works. Sometimes an element other than one of the usual five manifests in a Genasi. This could simply be a less common element, or it could be one of the usual elements warped by its own chaotic nature, or the elements could be corrupted by outside influence. As far as I know nobody is quite sure, and anybody with the skills necessary to do any real research has other priorities."

Neb
2011-08-23, 02:57 PM
This might be the worst idea I've ever had. That was saying something, since Mo's last idea got him evicted from the tribe.

Snuffles was dallying, picking at the ground for seeds and grubs. To Goblins, the Dire Turkey was supposed to be a sign of great favor from the gods, but only trouble had followed Snuffles' arrival. Mo gave Snuffles a smack, partly to keep him moving, and partly of frustration. "Move it Birdbrain!" Snuffles chirped in protest and lurched ahead, looking back with reproach.

Mo stayed ahead of the others. He knew they didn't trust him enough to travel alongside them and certainly not behind them. He would have to earn that trust, if that was even possible.

When he ran into the rest of the party, he had feared they would kill him out of hand, and still feared that the townsmen would do just that when he arrived. But it was his only option. The goblins plaguing the town were rivals to his tribe, and would kill him, just as the townsmen would unless he could befriend him. His own tribe would kill him if he returned.

If his gambit paid off, then he would have options. Snuffles had stopped again to peck at the ground and Mo made to hit him, but the bird anticipated and moved ahead smartly.

thereaper
2011-08-23, 06:12 PM
"Why are you so mean to the poor bird? I say, if you're not going to kill something, you should be nice to it."

Neb
2011-08-23, 08:14 PM
"Mind your own business!" The words were meant to carry Mo's fury, but instead his fear turned them into an indecipherable squeak. Snuffles, suddenly braver, started strutting, daring Mo to strike him again.

Mo's ears slunk back reflexively, his body betraying his shame. His ears responded the same way when admonished by the tribal leaders, when bullied by his littermates, when the shamans proclaimed him unworthy.

His new companions could not know, nor would they care if they did, that the bird was to blame for his predicament. He thought Snuffles was going to turn his life around, not make it worse. He stared at Snuffles with loathing and kept walking.

Cephalohead
2011-08-23, 08:37 PM
"Yeah, be nice to the bird," says Balasor, half growling, a dangerous half smile playing across his lizard lips, "I hear the meats better when they're happier..."

Of all of his new companions he trusted Mo the least. He had never trusted goblins, but alas, he was a professional and there was work to be done.

"now lets quit yappin' and keep marchin', I'm hungry as all sin." With this the dragonborn stormed ahead to the front of the pack, leading the way.

humson
2011-08-23, 09:39 PM
Xanice thought for a second trying to recall anything he might had seen. Than shrugged. I don't know but if you want me to I can keep an eye out for any information on your.. Uniqueness.

He than watched as his fighter companion stomped foward and sighed. This was probably not the guy to learn things from him. The genasi was interesting though and the goblin might be willing to teach him about his tribe's culture.
Than there was the elf. She seemed like a sweet, dim witted elf buy there was something about the way she said things that made his skin. He was probably imagining it.

Servbot
2011-08-24, 09:11 AM
Everyone:
Your party carries on, despite the differences between some. Well, it isn't like it's unheard of for a slight dysfunction to exist in families, and parties are likely much the same.

The Dragonborn and Goblin are the first to notice─up ahead on the road, at a slight bend, lies a body. Well, he doesn't look dead, but he doesn't look entirely alright either. The tattered brown robes are the type worn by pilgrims─they line the countryside often, making do with what little food they can find.

From what you know, there's no reason to travel this road for pilgrims, though. Demaret only has one temple, and even in Fallbrook it's rather infamous for being in a rather poor state.

"Wrath of the Gods'll descend on those godless bastards," the bartender used to say time and again.

http://boonce.org/up/PartyEH.png

Neb
2011-08-24, 04:50 PM
Goblin instincts tell Mo to hide, but Mo fears that such a reaction might get him killed by his untrusting companions. He stops paralyzed by fear, perfectly still except for his twitching left ear. Snuffles feels the sudden tension, his head shooting up like an antenna.

Mo thinks to himself: Do something, do something, do something! Stop being a coward and do something! Maybe I can prove my intent by helping. Mo sprints toward the fallen body, shouting "Snuffles, cover me! I'm going to help the hurt one!" [OOC: Run Action should get Mo to G11. He tries to determine what's wrong with the person and use his Heal skill if applicable]

Snuffles promptly ignores Mo's command and wanders over to the brush to hunt and peck. [OOC: Move action to C9 for Snuffles]

Hyozo
2011-08-24, 08:10 PM
As soon as he sees the body, Ciston hurries toward it ((Let's say G-12)). In the back of his mind he wonders if this might be an ambush, but that thought is overpowered by his concern that it might not be.

humson
2011-08-24, 09:07 PM
Xanice before Dunn straight toward the body hangs back and look at the surrounding woods to see any sign of a ambush as pearl takes off(switches to active and move to f8)

Cephalohead
2011-08-25, 05:20 AM
Balasor maintains his steady pace, while casually drawing his axe from it's sling.
He stops past the man on the road and sniffs the air.

"Bandits maybe? I don't like the look of this..."

(Move to J-14, Draw battleaxe)

humson
2011-08-25, 06:04 AM
Xanice not sure if he would be able to see anything from so far back and walks cautiously forward. (move to f10 than make perception check )

Servbot
2011-08-25, 06:02 PM
Xanice: You survey the area. Twice, even. But no matter how you look, you can't detect anything more than you've already seen.

Mo: The old man groans as you tend to him, but you find he doesn't even have any wounds! When he turns to regard you, however, his eyes pale with fear and he jolts up.

"A, a goblin!" he suddenly yells, and with surprising agility for his age leaps away.

Everyone: Everyone can see plainly the deception unfolding in front of their very eyes. The man casts off his brown robes and reveals leather armour... and a mace. And a dagger.

From the woods, three more bandits emerge, each sporting the same basic equipment.

"Just our luck to run into a Goblin and his lackeys," one of the bandits spits, as they prepare for battle against the adventurers.

Now entering Initiative.

Quickly seizing the initiative, Bandit2 closes in on Kima closely, and swings at her with his mace. However, Kima nimbly dodges to the side, avoiding a blow from the weapon.

{table]Bandit2|
Move|From D12 to E9
Standard|9 VS AC on Kima|Miss[/table]

Bandit4 follows his partner's lead, and quickly gets in flanking position to launch an attack against Kima as well. She doesn't see his attack coming, and his swing hits her full against the side.

{table]Bandit4|
Move|From C8 to E7
Standard|17 VS AC on Kima|Hit: 7 damage, and the Bandit shifts to F7[/table]

Quick to join the others, Bandit3 makes a swing for Xanice with the help of his buddy for a flanking attack. His Dazing Strike, however, is narrowly blocked by the adept Swordmage.

{table]Bandit3|
Move|None
Standard|Dazing Strike, 18 VS AC on Xanice|Miss[/table]

It is now Kima's turn.

For convenience sake, rolling Initiative for everyone so we've got it done.
PCs (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3163678/)
Enemies (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3163671/)

http://boonce.org/up/8644_PartyEH.png
TURN ORDER
Bandit2 (25)
Bandit4 (25)
Bandit3 (22)
Kima (20)
Mo (19)
Ciston (18)
Bandit1 (14)
Balasor (5)
Xanice (4)

PLAYERS
{table]Kima|E8|16/23 HP|No effects
Mo|G11|23/23 HP|No effects
Ciston|G12|26/26 HP|No effects
Balasor|J14|29/29 HP|No effects
Xanice|F8|31/31 HP|No effects[/table]

ENEMIES
{table]Bandit1|J11|0 HP lost|No effects
Bandit2|D12|0 HP lost|No effects
Bandit3|G7|0 HP lost|No effects
Bandit4|C8|0 HP lost|No effects[/table]

INFO
You require a Nature check (free action) for information on the Bandits.

thereaper
2011-08-25, 11:22 PM
"Ow! Don't be such meanies, or I'll have to hurt you!"

Shift to F9.

Move to H13.

Neb
2011-08-26, 07:53 AM
Mo stumbles back when the man leaps up. "Aaiieeeee!!"

Whatever enmity Snuffles holds for Mo's mistreatment is no match for the bond that binds a dire turkey to a goblin. Snuffles gobbles and hisses in challenge, his feathers fanning out, the turkey appearing huge.

For a spectator, a dire turkey fighting a man might appear amusing, but to find yourself beneath those razored claws and beak is anything but funny. Snuffles moves behind the closest bandit, making a gobbling racket and looking for an opportunity to strike.

Mo leaps to his feat, dagger and sword in his hand. He hurls his dagger at the unengaged bandit, then leaps through the brush to appear behind the bandit fighting Xanice and stabs wildly with his sword, fear driving him into a fury.

--------------------------

[Minor action, Hunter's Quarry the bandit at E9]

[Move action, Snuffles to D10, flanking the bandit at E9 with Xanice, and will make an AoO against the bandit if he moves, and use the Hunter's Quarry extra damage]

[Standard Action, Mo uses Quick Draw in conjunction with Throw and Stab. Thrown dagger against the Bandit at J11 and then Throw and Stab's effect movement to H6 for flanking and basic melee attack with his short sword]

[Throw, Strength vs. AC, got an 11 (13 with CA)]
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3164602/
[1d4+2 damage if hit, for 5]
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3164604/

[Stab, Strength vs. AC, 1d20+5, got 13 (15 with CA)]
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3164606/
[1d6 + 2 damage, for 6]
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3164608/

[If Mo is attacked and missed, he will use Goblin Tactics to fall back to I6]

Servbot
2011-08-26, 12:59 PM
As Kima moves away from the Bandits, one of them lashes out at her with his mace. The mace connects strong and true, striking Kima in a vital place and bloodying her.

{table]Bandit2||
Opportunity Attack|+24 VS AC|Crit! 5 damage[/table]

Meanwhile, Mo's faithful Turkey moves nearer Bandit2, looming over it menacingly, while Mo himself designates Bandit1 as his Quarry and throws one of his daggers at the enemy.

However, neither his dagger, nor the sword attack he makes at a distant bandit afterwards manage to find their mark, and both attacks fail to make an impact.

It is now Ciston's turn.

http://boonce.org/up/500_PartyEH.png
TURN ORDER
Bandit2 (25)
Bandit4 (25)
Bandit3 (22)
Kima (20)
Mo (19)
Ciston (18)
Bandit1 (14)
Balasor (5)
Xanice (4)

PLAYERS
{table]Kima|G13|11/23 HP|Bloodied
Mo|H6|23/23 HP|No effects
Xanice|F8|31/31 HP|No effects
Snuffles|D10|22/22 HP|No effects[/table]

ENEMIES
{table]Bandit1|J11|0 HP lost|Hunter's Quarry
Bandit2|D12|0 HP lost|No effects
Bandit4|C8|0 HP lost|No effects[/table]

INFO

Hyozo
2011-08-26, 07:40 PM
"An ambush? I should have guessed." Ciston says ashe returns to the bulk of the party, attacking the bandit next to the turkey and attempting to blind them.

((move action: Move to F10))

((standard action: Melee Basic Attack against bandit at E9 (I think it's bandit 2 but the locations you've listed seem to be wrong, so I can't be sure) 21 vs. AC to hit for 11 damage (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3164954/)))

((no action: If that hits, dazzling sunray on the same bandit for 3 extra damage and -2 to it's attack rolls.))

((Minor action unused))

Am I doing those rolls on invisible castle right?

Servbot
2011-08-26, 09:12 PM
Absolutely right, Hyozo! Fixed the bandit locations~

The Bladesinger advances on the Bandits, striking with his blade sound and true. The Bandit doesn't manage to avoid the singing blade and is hit, suffering an additional attack from the Dazzling Sunray.

"Don't think you can just go up and do that," Bandit1 growls, closing the distance between him and Ciston and flanking him. He swings his mace, but the attack misses its mark completely.

{table]Bandit1|Action|Result
Move|From J11 to G11|
Standard|9 VS AC on Ciston|Miss![/table]

It is now Balasor's turn.

(note: map is sliiightly different due to a disagreement between Java and me. It updated, rendered Maptools incapable of reading old maps and so... well, it's mostly the same and shouldn't change much!)
http://boonce.org/up/maptool-1.3.b86.png
TURN ORDER
Bandit2 (25)
Bandit4 (25)
Bandit3 (22)
Kima (20)
Mo (19)
Ciston (18)
Bandit1 (14)
Balasor (5)
Xanice (4)

PLAYERS
Xanice|F8|31/31 HP|No effects

ENEMIES
{table]Bandit1|J11|0 HP lost|No effects
Bandit2|E9|14 HP lost|Hunter's Quarry, -2 to attack rolls
Bandit4|E7|0 HP lost|No effects[/table]

INFO

Cephalohead
2011-08-27, 04:26 AM
"RAAAAAAAAAGHR! I am no goblin's lackey, fools!"

Balasor runs screaming at the nearest bandit, swinging his axe in wide, dangerous arcs. Having made impact, he slides to the right, interposing himself between the enemy and his wounded ally.

Charge the bandit at G11 (moving to H12)
Basic attack, 18vs. AC (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3165378/) For 7 damage. (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3165381/)
Shift to G12

humson
2011-08-27, 10:03 AM
Xanice watches as he is nearly surrounded by bandits. His warding goes up and examines his attackers most closely than he launches in to a spinning motion swiping at all three bandits while bits of energy runs along his sword, which then explodes with energy. Than reaches out his free hand swords the bandit who is surrounded by a magic strand.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nature check
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3165471/
standard action sword burst
8 vs Reflex at Bandit 4http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3165486/

13+2(forgot to add flanking in roll at bandit 3
15+2(assuming beasts can flank) at bandit 2
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3165692/
aegis of ensnarement towards the bandit at g7

thereaper
2011-08-27, 01:53 PM
Nature Check: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3165667/

Servbot
2011-08-27, 10:28 PM
Nature: Humans are a scattered and divided people. They inhabit kingdoms, fiefdoms, and isolated settlements throughout the world, expanding their influence, exploring the darkest frontiers, and making war against their rivals.

Of these Bandits, you know that they gain a damage bonus when they flank you. They don't seem to be the courageous kind, and may flee when bloodied.

Combat:

Balasor charges the nearby Bandit, flanking him with Ciston's support. His axe lands a clean blow on the Bandit.

Xanice unleashes a burst of energy from his blade, and while one of the bandits manages to duck away from the attack fast enough, the other two aren't quite so lucky: one because Moshish distracted him for just a brief second, and the flanking attack strikes true.

The attack hits for 10 damage (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3166124/) on both! Bandit2 becomes Bloodied.

The Swordmage places his mark on Bandit3.

"Guh, forget it, I ain't getting 'nuff fer this!" the bloodied Bandit cries out. He swipes at Ciston with his mace for a flanking attack, but barely misses as he's still a bit dazzled by the sunray.

He then shifts away from Xanice, Ciston and the Turkey.

{table]Bandit2|Action|Result
Standard|17 VS AC, Dazzling Strike|Miss!
Move|Shift to D8[/table]

Not one to be outdone, Bandit4 shifts into a better position to support his bloodied ally, and swings for the Swordmage with a Dazzling strike. He barely hits the Swordmage, but the blow rings after in Xanice's head, and he's dazed until the end of Bandit4's next turn.

{table]Bandit4|Action|Result
Move|Shift to E8|
Standard|19 VS AC, Dazzling Strike|Hit! 6 damage and Xanice is dazed[/table]

Finally, Bandit3 takes his turn, shifting to set himself up for flanking and swinging his axe right at the dazzled Swordmage. But even with combat advantage and flanking, he just doesn't manage to hit the Swordmage, who nimbly dodges.

{table]Bandit3|Action|Result
Move|Shift to G8|
Standard|12 VS AC|Miss![/table]

It is now Kima's turn.

http://boonce.org/up/5352_maptool-1.3.b86.png
TURN ORDER
Bandit2 (25)
Bandit4 (25)
Bandit3 (22)
Kima (20)
Mo (19)
Ciston (18)
Bandit1 (14)
Balasor (5)
Xanice (4)

PLAYERS
Ciston|F10|26/26 HP|No effects
Balasor|G12|29/29 HP|No effects
Xanice|F8|25/31 HP|Dazed (until end of Bandit4's next turn)

ENEMIES
{table]Bandit1|G11|7 HP lost|No effects
Bandit2|D8|24 HP lost|Hunter's Quarry, -2 to attack rolls, Bloodied
Bandit3|G8|10 HP lost|Aegis of Ensnarement
Bandit4|E8|0 HP lost|No effects[/table]

INFO
- You require a Nature check (free action) for information on the Bandits.
- Regarldess of Hit or not, just roll for damage always, Xanice.

thereaper
2011-08-27, 11:31 PM
"Don't let him get away!"

If she can hit the bloodied bandit without harming any of her allies, Kima points at him and unleashes a Lance of Faith.

She also uses Elven Accuracy, since she is not satisfied with her normal accuracy. However, it doesn't help, and she silently curses her elven ancestry for being so useless when it mattered most.

(First Roll (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3166218/), Elven Accuracy Roll (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3166222/), Damage that I won't get) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3166226/)

In the unlikely event she does hit, Snuffles will get +2 attack against the bloodied bandit on his turn.

EDIT: by the way, the attack is against their Reflex defense

Neb
2011-08-28, 09:47 AM
"Run from me, eh!?" Mo finds himself unengaged but he desperately needing to stab somebody. With the fury of battle in his blood, he darts to the road and whips a dagger at the fleeing bandit. As part of the same movement he spins, plucks yet another dagger and plunges shortsword and dagger both into the nearest bandit, while Snuffles approaches from the opposite side, screaming for blood.

[Move action, Mo to F6, Snuffles to E9]

[Minor Action, Bandit4 at E8 is Hunter's Quarry]

[Standard Action, Evasive Strike Encounter Power, Ranged against bloodied bandit at D8]
[23 to Hit (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3166588/), for 8 Damage (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3166589/)]

[Evasive Strike Special, shift to E7 to flank with Snuffles]

[Spend action point to use Twin Strike]
[Standard Action, Twin Strike, 2 melee attacks against undamaged bandit at E8]
[Shortsword: 12 + 2 (for CA) to hit (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3166591/), for 2 damage (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3166593/)]
[Dagger: 22 + 2 (for CA) to hit (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3166592/), for 3 damage (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3166594/) + 6 damage (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3166602/) for Hunter's Quarry]

[Snuffles will AoO any bandit if he can]

Servbot
2011-08-28, 12:45 PM
Kima launches her Lance of Faith at the bandit, but whether it's due to a lack of faith or simple bad luck, her lance strays off course and hits the ground near the bandit instead.

Moshish proceeds to go where no Goblin has gone before. His trusted Turkey and the Goblin himself move in concert, and the thrown dagger manages to find its mark and land a blow, hitting Bandit2 for 8 damage.

He shifts forward and, with the use of momentum, strikes at another bandit. Though Bandit4 manages to deflect the short sword attack, he falls prey to the dagger and is hit for 9 damage.

It is now Ciston's turn.

http://boonce.org/up/334_maptool-1.3.b86.png
TURN ORDER
Bandit2 (25)
Bandit4 (25)
Bandit3 (22)
Kima (20)
Mo (19)
Ciston (18)
Bandit1 (14)
Balasor (5)
Xanice (4)

PLAYERS
Mo|E7|23/23 HP|No effects
Ciston|F10|26/26 HP|No effects
Balasor|G12|29/29 HP|No effects
Snuffles|E9|22/22 HP|No effects[/table]

ENEMIES
{table]Bandit1|G11|7 HP lost|No effects
Bandit2|D8|32 HP lost|-2 to attack rolls, Bloodied
Bandit4|E8|9 HP lost|Hunter's Quarry[/table]

INFO

Hyozo
2011-08-28, 08:23 PM
Ciston utters "matens" as he waves his free hand over his blade. He then sees an opportunity to move into a flanking position against bandit one and quickly does so. As he swings at the bandit a beautiful hum is produced by his now enchanted sword.

---
((Minor action: cast bladesong))

((Move action: Shift to G10))

((Standard action: Melee basic attack against Bandit One 22 to hit for 16 damage (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3167079/) Bladesong and flanking are already included.))

((No action: If that hits; Unseen Hand targeting bandit 2. 3 force damage and slide to F9.))

Servbot
2011-08-28, 11:53 PM
Ciston makes quick work of acting in tandem with his allies, slicing fiercely into the Bandit with the help of his Bladesong, dealing a whopping 16 damage to the human, and Bloodying him.

His bladesong further lashes out and hits Bandit2, drawing him back into the party's lethal range on top of dealing 3 force damage.

Bandit1 looks panicked now as well, now that he's been bloodied. His present predicament makes it difficult for him to flee, and he chooses to desperate swing his mace at the Fighter.

The attack connects, but the brunt of the damage is stopped by Balasor's armour.

{table]Bandit1|Action|Result
Standard|20 VS AC|Hit! 2 damage![/table]

It is now Balasor's turn.

http://boonce.org/up/3713_maptool-1.3.b86.png
TURN ORDER
Bandit2 (25)
Bandit4 (25)
Bandit3 (22)
Kima (20)
Mo (19)
Ciston (18)
Bandit1 (14)
Balasor (5)
Xanice (4)

PLAYERS
Ciston|G10|26/26 HP|No effects
Balasor|G12|27/29 HP|No effects

ENEMIES
{table]Bandit1|G11|23 HP lost|Combat Challenged, Bloodied
Bandit2|F9|35 HP lost|Bloodied

INFO

Servbot
2011-08-31, 03:28 PM
Balasor swings back his axe, leveling his glare with the Bandit before him. "Attacking us was a bad idea, ruffian," he growls, before swinging his axe at the human, and following it up with a punch.

While his axe connects true, his punch misses completely, and he damages the Bandit for 4 damage.

{table]Balasor|Action|Result
Standard|22 VS AC, follow-up 5 VS AC (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3170331/)|Hit! 4 damage. Miss![/table]

He remains in place regardless, unwilling to permit the bandit the opportunity to attack Kima or otherwise escape.

It is now Xanice's turn!

http://boonce.org/up/3713_maptool-1.3.b86.png
TURN ORDER
Bandit2 (25)
Bandit4 (25)
Bandit3 (22)
Kima (20)
Mo (19)
Ciston (18)
Bandit1 (14)
Balasor (5)
Xanice (4)

PLAYERS

ENEMIES
{table]Bandit1|G11|27 HP lost|Combat Challenged, Bloodied
Bandit2|F9|35 HP lost|Bloodied

INFO

humson
2011-08-31, 04:04 PM
Xanice releases more energy from his sword as he shakes his head to clear it.

Swordburst vs reflex
Bandit2 23
Bandit3 15
Bandit4 9 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3170396/)
Damage 8 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3170417/)

Servbot
2011-08-31, 04:37 PM
The Swordmage's attack manages to land a blow on two of the bandits, but the Bandit4 manages to duck just in time. The magical attack makes Bandit2 crumple to the ground and damages Bandit3 for 8 damage.

In response, Bandit4 swings his weapon at Xanice, but the attack still doesn't quite manage to hit the Dazed Swordmage, who consequently clears his mind.

{table]Bandit4|Action|Result
Standard|10 VS AC|Miss![/table]

Bandit3 attacks as well, hoping to at least get something out of the flanking deal here. His attack manages to score a Critical Hit, and he deals the Swordmage a harsh blow, bloodying Xanice in the process, before shifting away and setting himself up for a flank on Mo.

{table]Bandit3|Action|Result
Standard|26 VS AC|Critical Hit! 13 damage! Shift to H7
Move|Walk to E6[/table]

It is now Kima's turn!

http://boonce.org/up/7547_maptool-1.3.b86.png
TURN ORDER
Bandit2 (25)
Bandit4 (25)
Bandit3 (22)
[u]Kima (20)[u]
Mo (19)
Ciston (18)
Bandit1 (14)
Balasor (5)
Xanice (4)

PLAYERS
Xanice|F8|12/31 HP|Bloodied

ENEMIES
Bandit2|F9|43 HP lost|Dead
Bandit3|E6|18 HP lost|Aegis of Ensnarement

INFO

thereaper
2011-08-31, 07:36 PM
Kima moves to E10 (moving so as to not provoke AoO from the bandit at G11), and then uses her second wind (gaining 5 hp). Finally, she uses Healing Word on Xanice, allowing him to spend one healing surge and gain an additional 4 hp (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3170661/).

Neb
2011-08-31, 08:03 PM
Mo promptly FREAKS OUT at being surrounded. "Aaaaa SOMEONE HAAALP!!" Snuffles looms menacingly behind one of the bandits, giving Mo a chance to strike with desperate energy.

---------------

[Minor Action, Hunter's Quarry on the bandit at E8]

[Standard Action, Twin Strike on the bandit at E8]
[Short Sword gets 18 to hit (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3170704/) for 1 (lol) damage (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3170707/) + another 2 damage for hunter's quarry (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3170711/)]

[Dagger gets 23 to hit (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3170714/) for 1 (dammit Mo!) damage again. (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3170716/)]

[If either bandit attacks Mo and misses, he will use goblin tactics to move to D6]

Servbot
2011-09-01, 11:55 AM
Kima's words of healing help Xanice overcome his wounds, and grant him 11 HP, while she herself makes use of her Second Wind to recover 5 HP.

Meanwhile, Mo shows off his fine Goblin Swordsmanship, hitting his adversary twice for a total of 4 damage. Somewhere, a group of tiny ants spot Mo's heroics and rush on home to erect a monument in his honour.

"That Mo," they tell eachother, "now he's a Goblin who keeps heroics alive, don'cha think?"

Unfortunately, the monument they erect is a tad too large and collapses the ceiling of their underground home. Rocks fall and all of the ants die, eradicating the short-lived Cult of Mo.

It is now Ciston's turn.

http://boonce.org/up/761_maptool-1.3.b86.png
TURN ORDER
Bandit2 (25)
Bandit4 (25)
Bandit3 (22)
Kima (20)
Mo (19)
[u]Ciston (18)[/u
Bandit1 (14)
Balasor (5)
Xanice (4)

PLAYERS
{table]Kima|E10|16/23 HP|No effects
Xanice|F8|23/31 HP|No effects

ENEMIES
Bandit3|E6|18 HP lost|Aegis of Ensnarement
Bandit4|E8|13 HP lost|Hunter's Quarry[/table]

INFO

humson
2011-09-01, 06:08 PM
Xanice stumbles as the mace hits his chest. As kima's healing washes over him Pearlaxia breathes healing flames on him. He says Quiet little goblin, there's work to do. Xanice than reaches out his free hand towards his marked target pulling the magic tighter.

(Pearlaxia heals two extra hit points.)
If bandit 4 attacks mo Xanice will teleport him to G7.

Hyozo
2011-09-01, 10:15 PM
Ciston attempts to strike the bandit once again as the hum begins to fade. "Attacking a bunch of armed travelers who outnumber you? You didn't think this through much, did you?" If his attack hits, he will once again use his hand of force to assist his companions.

--

((Standard action: Melee basic attack against Bandit One, just like last time. This time it's 18 to hit for 17 damage (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3172526/)))

((No action: If that hits; Unseen Hand targeting bandit 3. 3 force damage and slide to G9.))

((end of turn: Bladesong ends))

Servbot
2011-09-01, 11:32 PM
Ciston's blade sings as it strikes down the Bandit, who crumples to the floor in a miserable heap of meat and bones and secrets. The attack deals 17 damage, which kills the bandit.

An Unseen Hand meanwhile forces one of the Bandits closer to the Bladesinger, dealing an additional 3 damage in the process. It's too much for the Bandit.

"L, lemme go!" he cries out. Bandit3 has become bloodied.

Balasor, meanwhile, takes up a better position.

"Two have fallen," he grunts, "and you're next!" With a triumphant battle roar he throws himself into the battle again, swinging his axe wildly at Bandit4 and challenging him to deadly combat.

His mighty charge strikes true like you would not believe, damaging and bloodying the bandit for 14 damage.

{table]Balasor|Action|Result
Move|Walk to B8|
Standard|Charge to D8, MBA Bandit4 27 VS AC (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3172623/)|Hit! 14 damage!
Minor|Combat Challenge on Bandit4|
Note|Whoops forgot he has CA, too, so 27 instead of 25|[/table]

It is now Xanice's turn.

http://boonce.org/up/6697_maptool-1.3.b86.png
TURN ORDER
Bandit2 (25)
Bandit4 (25)
Bandit3 (22)
Kima (20)
Mo (19)
Ciston (18)
Bandit1 (14)
Balasor (5)
Xanice (4)

PLAYERS
Balasor|D8|27/29 HP|No effects
Xanice|F8|25/31 HP|No effects

ENEMIES
{table]Bandit1|G11|44 HP lost|Dead
Bandit3|E9|21 HP lost|Aegis of Ensnarement, Bloodied
Bandit4|E8|27 HP lost|Hunter's Quarry, Combat Challenged, Bloodied[/table]

INFO

humson
2011-09-02, 04:03 PM
Xanice nods his thanks that the bandit was back in range to Ciston and than swings his blade in a arc while releasing energy from it.

Sword burst vs reflex

nat 20 towards G9
14 to hit at bandit 3
10 damage
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3173295/
9 damage at bandit 4
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3174875/

Servbot
2011-09-04, 05:35 PM
The Swordmage uses his Sword Burst again, to critical effect on one of the Bandits, felling him immediately, and severely damaging the other.

Now numbered a paltry five-to-one, good odds for any Bandit, the Human does what he was born to do.

"E, ey guv, I surrender, I surrender!" he cries, throwing up his arms and discarding his weapons to show he's quite earnest about it. "Ain't no way I'm takin' down the lot of you myself, true to the Raven Queen I'm surrendering!"

Initiative has ended!

The party has gained 100 EXP per person!
Kima spent 1 Healing Surge.
Xan spent 1 Healing Surge.

http://boonce.org/up/6697_maptool-1.3.b86.png
TURN ORDER
Initiative has ended!

PLAYERS
Balasor|D8|27/29 HP|No effects
Xanice|F8|25/31 HP|No effects

ENEMIES
{table]Bandit1|G11|44 HP lost|Dead
Bandit3|E9|31 HP lost|Surrendered
Bandit4|E8|46 HP lost|Dead[/table]

INFO
- You win! Tada ta ta ta ta ta da da~

thereaper
2011-09-04, 11:23 PM
Kima fires a lance of faith that misses the Bandit's face by inches.

"Oops. Sorry. Didn't catch that in time."

She looks apologetic, but underneath she's seething. Now she can't bring him happiness because those evil monsters she's traveling with would stop her!

Servbot
2011-09-04, 11:52 PM
The bandit nearly jumps with fright, cowering quite embarassingly.

"Ey guv, I said I surrendered already!" he complains. "What more do you want, aye? I ain't got nothin' to give you and I ain't got anythin' to spare, jus' my apologies, it ain't nothing personal!"

Neb
2011-09-06, 09:37 AM
Mo jumps forword, brandishing his weapons and grinning. "Make a milkshake of their brains! And a jerky from their tongues!" Snuffles screams in assent.

Hyozo
2011-09-06, 10:01 AM
"Oh, sure, that's likely to get the townsfolk to think you're on their side." Ciston says to the goblin with more than a hint of sarcasm. "Just leaving him here wouldn't be much better though. Do you think the local authorities might want him?"

thereaper
2011-09-06, 11:48 AM
"They'd probably kill him, since I bet he's done this before. And if we just tie him up, he'll die of exposure or something else. And we certainly can't just let him go. He deserves death, so why not skip the middleman?"

Servbot
2011-09-06, 11:58 AM
"Oy," the bandit interjects. "I, I arready surrendered, yeah? You can't kill a bloke what's surrendered to you."

Hyozo
2011-09-06, 04:57 PM
"You don't know they'll kill him. And aside from the assumptions inherent to the term surrender he was just kind enough to point out, assumptions I'd rather not violate. Turning him in to the authorities in Demaret could gain us their trust, which is a good thing to have if we'll be working for them. Who knows, they may even be offering an award for capturing these bandits."

Neb
2011-09-06, 06:30 PM
Mo nods eagerly in agreement. "Good plan! Tie 'em up and if they try to run, THEN we can make milkshakes out of their brains!"

Snuffles doesn't quite grasp the plan and takes a nip at one of the bandits. Mo rounds on him furiously, smacking the turkey across the beak. "No eating the prisoners, feather butt! I'd make a milkshake out of YOUR brains, but you don't have you any!" Snuffles gives on indignant croak and stalks away.

humson
2011-09-06, 07:40 PM
I am with my fellow swordsman on this one. Keeping them alive might benefit us. Killing them or "making milkshakes out of their brain" will earn us little help. My aegis is wearing off, I would prefer not to have this guy near me unbound so we better reach a decision soon
As he says this Pearlaxia flies around breathing her healing flames on his remaining wounds.

thereaper
2011-09-06, 09:56 PM
"Then it's settled! You're coming with us, you mean old bandit!"

Of course, on the inside, Kima feels so sad for the poor bandit, who despite his good deeds must continue to walk the lonely road of mortality.

Servbot
2011-09-07, 01:00 PM
Everyone:
Your group reaches a consensus, though perhaps begrudgingly so for a few. Balasor has no comments on the entire matter, and begins the march forward. The rest of you follow suit.

It doesn't take too long before you can see a tower in the far distance; after that, it takes even less long to see the walls and houses of Demaret. You're finally within reach of your destination, and the time is at hand to do what you were born and bred to do: Heroics.

#

Your group arrives at the gates of Demaret safely. Nothing but the occassional pleas from the bandit to release him disturbed your trip. You've all prepared yourself, in one way or another, to entering Demaret, of course: from what you know, their dislike of Goblins is very real, and you're unlikely to be granted passage just like that.

"Travelers?" one of the gate guards nods at you when you get within comfortable speaking distance, eyeing your party. "Hope you didn't get into a fight with--" He pauses when he notices the bandit, and whistles between his teeth.

"So I see you did get into a fight, and won, huh?" You find nothing particularly praising about his tone; it's clear the city guard thinks nothing of the bandits himself.

"Might want to hand him over to Captain Gelbert. He'll know what to do with the sap," the city guard continues.

The other guard eyes you carefully, and finally rests his eyes on Mo. "... you caught a Goblin, too?" he asks dubiously.

thereaper
2011-09-07, 08:58 PM
"Oh no, no. He came with us of his own free will, and hasn't threatened to stab us even once! He even helped us protect ourselves from the bandits!"

Kima leans in to whisper so that only the guard can hear.

"But if you like, we can keep him tied up outside, where no one can keep watch on him, rather than keeping him where we can see him at all times." :smallsmile:

Neb
2011-09-08, 11:32 AM
Mo's ears slink back. "I'm not a CAPTIVE. I'm here to make an offer to help Demaret against those goblins that are harassing you."

Mo musters all his courage. He puffs up his chest. He turns his chin upward. "Take me to your leader!" he squeaks.

Servbot
2011-09-08, 01:49 PM
Everyone:
The guard reaches for his sword, but is stopped by the other.

"Goblins," the older man says, "are not welcome in this city. We'll be gladder to see each and every--"

"There you are, there you are!" An excited voice abruptly cuts in, and from the gate emerges a man in long, flowing robes. His beauty is, unmistakably, a trait all Eladrin share: they look much fairer than any human often does.

He has an amicable smile on his face, and carries with him a wand: an obvious sign to point to arcane might. Unmistakably, this man either dabbles with magic, or lowers a Wizard's source of power to a walking crutch.

From the way the soldiers fall quiet, you're more likely to think he's a caster.

"Well, now! I've been waiting. For quite a bit, I'll have you know!" the Eladrin continues, turning pointedly at Mo. "Sir Goblin, we have witnessed your heroics. Please permit us to invite you to our dwelling." It is not lost on you that he is completely alone, save for the two guards.

"Come now, come now, you shan't hinder Sir Goblin from entering the city, will you?" the Eladrin continues, turning to the soldiers now. Both mumble something inaudibly and then simple stand at ease.

Mo and Kima: You clearly hear the men mumble, "Crazy old Wizard" and "'Sir' Goblin? Standards have lowered these days".

Everyone:
The Wizard continues to lead you on, with particular interest in Mo. He keeps stealing glances at the Goblin, his amicable smile never leaving his face.

When you reach what looks to be the town square, he comes to a halt and points his wand at a tower just to the north of the square.

"Now that," he says, "is where you can find me. I would invite you to enter immediately, but," and he casts a glance at the still-captive bandit, "you look like you've some business to conduct, and so I should want to invite you come tonight, rather than right presently."

He fumbles in his robes, and produces a parchment, which he presses into Mo's hands. "Should guards trouble you, present them this and they'll leave you alone," the Eladrin says, and then with a joyous wave and 'until the night!', he marches off towards the tower, leaving the party by themselves.

Mo:
The parchment given describes how you are under the protection of Gallnor, the Eladrin Wizard. Included is a map, with a few marks at interesting places; namely, Chet's Inn; The Laughing Warthog, a tavern; House of Lords, the place to go to for the town's leader; Captain of the Guard, which seems to be a building named such; and finally, Golge's Knicks and Knacks, which you presume to be a shop.

There's also a very, very large circle drawn around a circular building, named Gallnor's Tower. Very imaginative.

humson
2011-09-08, 04:00 PM
Ah a fellow practitioner of magic and a eladrin at that! What does the note say? Does it say a name? Maybe we can compare notes tonight.
Xanice is excited to at the opportunity to learn arcane secrets. he's not even rolling his eyes at Kima!

thereaper
2011-09-09, 01:44 AM
Kima looks at all the people around the town. She doesn't see anyone who immediately looks deserving of the afterlife, but it would be wrong to judge a book by its cover.

humson
2011-09-11, 03:55 PM
Xanice takes a moment to compose himself than says perhaps we should take our captive to captain gelbert. If you want to meet up at a inn I'll meet there. I can handle one captive. Does anyone have a map or anything.

Hyozo
2011-09-11, 08:48 PM
"The captain would probably be the person we should talk to about that service to the village that needs doing. I'd say we all go." Ciston replies,before turning to mo and asking "Did you know that Eladrin then, "Sir Goblin"?"

Neb
2011-09-12, 07:39 AM
"No, I didn't know sir pointy ears." Mo notices the unfriendly looks from the townspeople. He's not sure if they're staring at him or the turkey. "Let'd dump off these prisoners and talk to the head honcho before I get shanked."

humson
2011-09-12, 12:02 PM
As the group walks though the villige he starts talking to the sleeping dragonling on his solder. while he talks he emits gentle growling noise in what sounds like dranonic.
what do you think of this. Of this town, of thier promblem, and of this group.

Servbot
2011-09-12, 01:01 PM
Xanice:
Pearlaxia snorts. "This group is a ragtag bunch of misfits!" she complains. "There's a road you're walking down here, Xanice, and it's not a pretty one. As far as this town goes, they're more paranoid than a halfling among hungry dragons; their plight sounds true, so get moving and help them already!"

Everyone Else:
You come to a consensus, and Mo leads the party through the numerous streets and alleyways. Though the map claims the location isn't too far away, you still spend the better part of the day navigating through town.

Whether it was due to Mo poorly navigating, the map being poorly drawn, Snuffles being kidnapped by a butcher before you save the poor creature from becoming a local festive dish or simply that the town has way too many alleyways and streets is hard to say.

But you're there, eventually and somehow.

The structure seems simple, devoid of most decorations. It has only a wooden sign saying it is the 'Captain of the Guard'; you don't for a moment believe the captain of the guard is actually a building, and saunter bravely on in.

The inside is spacious; or would be, rather, if it weren't so filled with furniture. There are more desks here than you could ever imagine placing in one building, let alone this one room. There are a few doors which likely lead to other rooms, but as there are guardsmen stationed at each of them, it's likely they aren't meant for visitors.

Behind a desk sits a gruff old man with a beard respectable enough to be called 'sir'; or 'lord', if it so catches your fancy. His simple attire and posture don't suggest a noble upbringing.

"Travelers, is it?" the man asks, as he rises from his seat. His eyes go over the party once and, predictably, rest on the Goblin. "... I presume there is good cause for a Goblin to be entering here?"

He lets the question rest, however, and instead awkardly looks from one to the other before extending his hand to Xanice. "Lemmoth, Captain of the Guard," he states firmly.

The bandit has long since quieted down, and doesn't seem too keen on speaking. In fact, he's desperately trying to hide behind Kima, which is troublesome due to his much larger body.

TheGreatJabu
2011-09-12, 01:42 PM
During the pause as Captain Lemmoth awaits a reply, a faint but rhythmic chiming can be heard in the distance. The soft jingling rapidly grows in volume however, and it quickly becomes recognizable as the found of chainmail rustling. The source of the crashing sound soon reaches the very door of the barracks, then suddenly stops. An armored figure enters the room.

Praiten Madus

Ah! Nothing quite so bracing as a hearty patrol around the town! Praiten thinks to himself as he comes to a halt outside of the barracks. He takes a moment to survey his attire to insure that he is inspection-worthy before the captain. The short man, now slightly red in the face from the exertion but drawing smooth and even breaths, looks down at his feet. Boots shined? Check! He then surveys the status of the lower portions of his knee-length orange tunic worn over his chainmail. Garments dust-free and lacking sizeable wrinkles? Check! With a well-practiced flick of nothing more than his thumb, the barrel-chested man pops his gleaming blade several inches out of the scabbard while twisting his shield back and forth in his field of vision to view it in varying angles of light. Arms properly polished? Check!

With that, the sergeant slides his weapon back firmly into its sheath and is ready to report to the captain. He puffs his chest out, holds his head high and enters the barracks, announcing himself loudly as he enters. Sir! Sergeant Madus reporting back from pa-WHA?!" His address is cut short by his surprise from seeing the unexpected visitors meeting with Captain Lemmoth. He casts a stern eye towards both the prisoner and the creature nearest his captain. "What's this, then?! The bandits and goblins have joined forces, have they?" He turns to the other adventurers and smiles broadly at them. "Looks like you lot have shown them a thing or two about good order, though! Well done! I, Sergeant Praiten Madus, thank you for this act of civil service!"

The guardsman makes a formal bow to the group.

Neb
2011-09-12, 01:53 PM
Mo pushes past his companions and bows as low as his body lets him, his ears dangling past the sides of his head. "Sir Leader sir, I am Mo, of the Moops Tribe! Your strength and prowess is far famed! May, uhhh, all your tribal dances be wondrous! Hear my humble plea! I am here to offer my services against those goblins that harass you, as they are enemies of my tribe as well. As you can see, I am accompanied by the Dire Turkey, the sacred symbol of our tribe. Only the most worthy goblins are delivered such a servant!"

Snuffles poops on the floor. The veins in Mo's neck bulge while he struggles to contain his rage at the bird.

humson
2011-09-12, 02:30 PM
Xanice grabs and shakes the captain's hand just as he is shoved out of the way. He watches as snuffles agered mo and represses a sigh, than fakes a smile
Greetings sir my name is Xanice. Xanice Duskwalker. This is the glorious ambassador Mo and He and I along with the rest of this party has seen your notice in fallbrook. We are sympathetic to your plight and will help. Ah, this is good luck indeed. I have done intensive research on the Moops tribe and the excrement of the dire turkey is a omen of good luck and fortune.
hush, you. He adds this as Pearlaxia snorts.

thereaper
2011-09-12, 04:52 PM
"Even so, I think someone should clean that up."

Kima smiles as innocently as possible.

"All in favor of it being Mo?"

humson
2011-09-13, 12:56 PM
Xanice shakes his head and wishes Pearlaxia wasn't always right. Seeing the newcomer entering he turns and returns the bow.
greetings Sergeant, My name Xanice Duskwalker. These are my companions Mo, Kima Lightfoot, and Ciston Lerz. Here he motions to them each respectfully.
As for the goblins and the bandits working together, I do not think so. We merely captured this bandit after he and his group tried to rob us. The goblin is from a rival clan to the one attacking your village

Xanice wasn't sure what he thought of this person. He was a loud military type and seemed like he had little interest in knowledge but he seemed skilled and by the book.

TheGreatJabu
2011-09-13, 01:35 PM
Praiten Madus

Praiten crosses a closed fist across his chest to rest above his heart in salute to each of the guests in the barracks as they are introduced - even rendering one to the goblin "Mo" with only a hint of hesitation due to the sheer novelty of interacting socially with such a creature.

As the eladrin addresses the issue of the bandit (and the goblin), the sergeant thoughtfully rubs his chin and nods. "Hmm...goblonian allies, you say? Why, that reminds me of the great Battle of '77, when Dirk McHainsley, the great Cattle Baron of the West, supplemented his force of men-at-arms with a tribe of goblin mercenaries to fend off a menacing horde of undead!" The man becomes increasingly excited as he recants the tale, and begins wildly gesticulating as he speaks to Mo. "Why, never before has war seen such inventive tactics! Your people started using the scrawniest of their ranks as ammunition for the cannons; they'd even shout out battlefield assessments as they flew! They were simultaneously projectiles, scouts and the ones that survived the landing became skirmishers upon the flanks!"

OOC: Rolling a Knowledge: History check for this rant! If Servbot decides this entire story is bologna, pretend it's actually a Bluff check - Praiten simply THINKS it's true, regardless!
Knowledge: History - [roll0]
Bluff (self) - [roll1]

He pauses for a moment, smiling to himself as he wistfully dreams of a day where he, too, can participate in such a grand battle. After a few moments of the reverie, Praiten returns to his senses. "So! I'd imagine a capable squad of warriors such as yourselves didn't come to our fair town for holiday - come to answer the notice we posted?" The guardsman peers over to Captain Lemmoth. "Sir, have you given this lot the particulars yet?"

Servbot
2011-09-13, 01:43 PM
Everyone:
The captain is sufficiently impressed with your skills at diplomacy and wordlessly issues you the highest grade magic items he can gather.

Actually, not really. He frowns at Xanice, unimpressed.

"A tall tale. I suggest you clean it up," he responds calmly, with a voice that barely quivers of anger. As for the Goblin, he regards Mo with that same frown, and then says, "I'll believe your tale for now, but should I discover you are part of the troublemakers who plague this town, know that you will be at the sharper end of my blade swiftly."

Praiten is greeted with a shake of the man's head. "I am about to get to that," he explains.

Xanice:
Pearlaxia gives you a whack with her tail. "We stoop so low as to lie to soldiers?" she hisses, and without awaiting response she whacks you again, for good measure.

"I taught you better than that!"

Everyone:
Lemmoth shakes his head and turns away for a brief moment. You hear him audibly sighing really, really deliberately, and he utters a string of curses too vulgar for me to transcribe.

When he turns back to the group, he bears his usual expression.

"Apologies, I am under a lot of stress." With that, the captain returns to his seat, motioning for the group to come closer. "As for the plight... well, I should say it is hardly a matter of great trouble. In fact, the city guard could well handle the Goblin scum, were it not that our glorious leader demands we maintain our forces here, for fear the town may face attack."

You require no Insight check to understand Lemmoth does not think highly of the Lord Governor. Every town has its fair share of troubles, but a situation where the town guard and Lord Governor disagree is both unusual as it is dangerous: the few times it has happened, revolt usually followed.

"As for the matter... a young priestess of Bahamut was kidnapped nearly two moons ago as of today," Lemmoth continues. "We have cause to believe the Goblins are behind this." He gestures to the wall behind him, richly decorated with various posters in Goblin script, and pictures of a young lady, a crude drawing of Bahamut and a lot of fire and skulls.

"What I'd like to ask you is to visit those troublemakers and return the priestess to us. By any means necessary. We will supply you with whatever you need, as far as is reasonable." With a brief glance at the bandit, he adds, "And you can leave him with us. I'll arrange a fitting reward for you."

thereaper
2011-09-13, 05:12 PM
Kima whispers to the bandit.

"Please continue your kind acts so that next time we meet I may give you the death you so richly deserve." :smallsmile:

humson
2011-09-13, 09:02 PM
Xanice starts to retort back to his abusive companion when he decides he doesn't want to get hit again. Sir I am sorry we will clean this mess up. Where can we find the goblins? Do you have a map?
He stares at the posters behind Lemmoth.
Mo, can you translate this script?

Neb
2011-09-13, 10:09 PM
Mo bristles at the captain's "goblin scum" comment, but he dares not mention it. Instead, he looks over the goblin posters and responds to Xanice.

"Well, its mostly gabbledegook about the priestess lady ma'am. A savory mushroom cream glaze and basil would go pretty nicely with...aahh, her food that they are surely serving her right now!"

Snuffles wanders over to the new sergeant and tilts his head in a curious gesture.

TheGreatJabu
2011-09-14, 03:40 AM
Praiten Madus

Praiten listens intently to his captain's briefing of the current crisis. He'd known the situation but had not yet understood the reason that the guards hadn't been sent to rectify it. He is about to volunteer his services to lead the intrepid adventurers to the last-known location of the goblin kidnappers when the large turkey approached him. He looked down at the creature and mumbles to himself as he assesses it, also tilting his head to the side in a mirror-image of the turkey's action. "Hmm...quite a large bird. Impressive musculature..." He absentmindedly nods with approval, then returns to the present and snaps to attention, rendering a salute to Captain Lemmoth.

"Sir! I request permission to act as a town guard liaison to this unit of warriors in this quest!" He turns to address the others. "If you will have my sword, I will bring to your team another warrior of impeccable professionalism, unflappable discipline and tireless motivation!"

humson
2011-09-15, 05:37 PM
Xanice starts to politely decline the extra help then stops as what Prealaxia says to him comes back.
"Impeccable professionalism, unflappable discipline and tireless motivation, hmm" According to my companion here that something we need. Here he motions to the dragonling on his shoulder. If my compatriots agree, we would be honored to have you as a part of our team.
Xanice thinks for a second. captain, would we be violating the orders of your superiors by taking along a sergeant of your guard

Servbot
2011-09-16, 04:49 PM
Everyone:
The captain frowns briefly, but Lemmoth then sighs deeply.

"We can likely come up with some excuse to placate the Lord Governor," he says, "and it would be less of a shame to us if one of our own accompanied you. Then," and at this he turns to Praiten, "I should hope that the unflappable discipline here will know not to run his mouth too much?"

Lemmoth smiles broadly. "He is a loudmouth and a chatterbird, so I hope you will stand to suffer his presence."

That said, the captain agrees to let the party undertake the task and informs Praiten to take them to the Goblin lair when they are done. The party is ushered out of the building, and soon enough find themselves back on the streets.

There's still some time before they agreed to meet the Wizard in his tower, but there's probably no problem if the party decides to arrive early. At any rate, leaving now wouldn't be a smart idea; traveling at night never was seen as the brightest of plans, especially now that the party knows there are bandits. Where there is one there are more, and where there are four? Probably heaps more.

They were awarded 400 gold pieces for their efforts, though. Not too shabby for a single outlaw.

TheGreatJabu
2011-09-17, 02:20 AM
Praiten Madus

Although Praiten does not flinch when teased by his superior officer, his cheeks (and ears, strangely) flush red with embarassment. No other reaction emits from the square-jawed guardsman. When the group is ushered outside, the sergeant begins to mutter himself. Unfortunately for him (and for you all), he has a tendency to build volume as he goes. "Chatterbird? Why, I am the pinnacle of brevity! My statements are concise and my orders clear. Never once have I been known to prattle, in all the days of my life! My own dear mother, heavens bless her, told me that in my youth she feared I'd never make friends due to my bashfulness and infirmities." He turns to address his unwilling audience. "Can you believe it? Me, shy as a young lad? I tell you, joining the guard turned my life around, believe you me!"

After his last outburst, Praiten seems to have lost his train of thought. He takes a moment to gather a few breaths and recompose himself. "So, good friends! Shall we set out for the lair of the gobli-er..., the NON-allied goblins?"

humson
2011-09-17, 08:55 PM
We might of made a mistake,Pearl Xanice say with a sigh.
He turns to PraitenI could never imagine you as shy Sergeant , the thought of you being quiet is becoming inconceivable. I think the plan was to leave to the goblin camp at dawn tomorrow. As far as plans for tonight go, we were invited to the tower of Gallnor, where we hope some more light will shed on the goblin plight. He fails to mention that he hope the wizard has a libary that he could look though.

thereaper
2011-09-18, 12:17 AM
"I think we should go get some rooms now, while we have some time."

Neb
2011-09-18, 10:37 PM
Mo mumbles his assent at getting rooms, though he's pretty sure any innkeep will make him sleep outside with the turkey.

humson
2011-09-19, 10:27 PM
Xanice nods his approval at getting rooms at the inn before meeting with the wizard.

Servbot
2011-09-20, 10:36 AM
Everyone:
The party decides that getting rooms is a fine idea for now.

They navigate the streets, Mo in front again, and arrive at the Inn in a timely fashion. There's a brightly coloured signpost reading "Chet's Inn" above the door, and the place seems friendly enough, if you discount the fist drawn on the signpost.

But the adventurers have seen worse and bravely saunter on in. A balding man with a broad smile and muscles you're more likely to see in a forge than an inn stomps towards you, rubbing his hands.

"Customers?" he inquires. Behind him you see a lady in armour, hand on the hilt of her sword. She glares at you warily.

Neb
2011-09-20, 01:49 PM
Mo stares at the sign as he enters the inn, Snuffles nervously right behind him. Mo's annoyed to find that only the tips of his ears clear the innkeep's counter. Snuffles stares intently at the innkeep as Mo's voice squeeks meekly from behind the counter. "Hello, large and kind sir bedkeep, I require a room with a bed. My turkey will stay in your rookery."

Mo is suddenly unsure if humans keep a rookery for giant birds. His tribe kept one full of turkeys, with space for dire turkeys should one of the tribe be chosen. While he wonders, Snuffles begins to hunt and peck in the commons room.

[Snuffles will be attracted to any food or smelly patrons in the room]

humson
2011-09-20, 04:17 PM
Xanice will quickly say to Pearlaxia:Watch the bird. Make sure it doesn't do anything stupid
To the innkeeper Yes, since you probably don't have a rookery if we could we would like to put the bird in your stable if you have them. he says this while looking the innkeeper in the eye and as he say this he reaches for his money bag and moves his cloak out of his way to reach it. He hits the cloak so his sword is in plain sight a sign not of aggression but of the willingness to defend self and his friend, directed at the women behind the innkeeper.

TheGreatJabu
2011-09-21, 02:32 AM
Praiten Madus

Praiten was a little confused by the goblin's request. "Say there; shouldn't we be asking for a room with five beds? Shared living space is good for building team unity, and it teaches the benefits of fiscal prudence! A good warrior is always thinking ahead - that applies to retirement, as well."

At this point, it finally occurs to the guardsman that it is now late enough in the day to consider himself off-duty. He smiles to himself as he reaches into his hip pouch to retrieve his smoking pipe and a pinch of tobacco. As he is lighting up, he glances up at the armed female at the innkeep's flank. Awfully odd, he thinks to himself. I patrol this part of town often; I didn't think this establishment had need of a bouncer. He casually walks over to her to speak, occasionally puffing on his pipe. "Good evening. Sergeant Madus, off-duty guardsman." Between puffs, Praiten points his pipe towards her sword. "Expecting some kind of trouble?"

OOC: Using the small-talk method of Diplomacy! 1d20+9=24 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3191720/)

thereaper
2011-09-21, 04:12 AM
"I think one room might not be enough to fit us all. Besides, I'm not quite comfortable sleeping in the same room with so many men. Maybe we could get two rooms, with Mo and I taking one and the rest of you taking the other?"

Servbot
2011-09-21, 07:09 AM
Everyone:

The large man, Praiten knows him well as Chet, looks at you with confusion. "So do you wish for one room, or two?" he asks.

The rest of the establishment looks rather empty. This is obviously a common room where people can talk and have a good time, but other than Chet and the female warrior, it doesn't appear as though there's anyone else.

The female, for that matter, relaxes her grip on her sword at the mention of Praiten's name. "Hm, you're not one of them," she responds, and with a forced smile she adds, "Elya Farland, typical sellsword. We've had some troubles lately."

Chet gives her a look, and she further holds her tongue, making an apologetic gesture to Praiten.

"Pay it no heed," he says. "Now then! About the accomodations... we have a cage for the bird, but I'll need to know if you'll use one room or two."

thereaper
2011-09-21, 02:40 PM
"Two."

Kima doesn't inform the group that she has ulterior motives for wanting a room nearly to herself.

TheGreatJabu
2011-09-23, 06:30 AM
Praiten Madus

Praiten nodded his understanding to Elya. The innkeeper didn't strike him as the type to try and conceal some wrongdoing - rather, he seemed like a businessman who didn't want to scare away customers. The sergeant grinned to himself. I almost wish some wretched brigand would try to disturb the peace here. They'd certainly find that they'd picked the wrong town, yessir!

After a few moments of inner monologuing, Praiten returns to reality. He continues to puff away at his pipe and shrugs his shoulders as he speaks to both the proprietor and the mercenary. "No worries, I'm not here to meddle. However, if you have any need of the city guard feel free to let me know."

He then takes up a position leaning against the wall, preferrably near the fireplace, and observes the impressive turkey's exploration of the common room.

Servbot
2011-09-23, 03:31 PM
Everyone:
"Two rooms then," Chet repeats after Kima, rummaging through his drawers until he produces two keys. "Then, that'll be─"

But Chet never finishes what he's about to say. At that moment, a door swings open; not the door the party's at, but a secondary door near the staircase. Two soldiers waltz in, joined by a man in noble robes, a man in a performer's outfit, and what looks to be nothing more than a typical thug.

"Here I am, as I promised!" the man in noble robes spits out. It takes no insight skill to notice he is rather angry. "Thought your wench could throw me out, did you? Well, we'll see who's being thrown out!"

He stops when he notices the party, then barks, "So you've got even more help, have you? No worries, we'll throw you all to the streets!"

Praiten:
You recognise this noble. In fact, this guy comes by every week to bother Lemmoth will all sorts of menial complaints about peasants and whatnot. You've never had to deal with him personally, and other than "that noble rat", you don't even know what the guy's called.

The two soldiers are part of the city guard; you don't immediately recognise these two. However, you know that this Inn rightfully belongs to Chet, and any intrusion should be seen as invading on Chet's property. You have no idea why the city guards are involved here.

Everyone:
Before anyone can react, one of the soldiers seizes initiative, stepping forward before breaking into a charge. However, his sword doesn't find purchase against Ciston, who deftly avoids the blow.

{table]Soldier2|Action|Result
Move|Move to G9|
Standard|Charge to I9, 14 VS AC|Miss![/table]

The Noble strides forward deftly, raising his quarterstaff as a bolt of power jumps out from it and strikes the ground near the Dire Turkey. However, the shot doesn't manage to land a blow.

{table]Noble Caster|Action|Result
Move|Move to E12|
Standard|Force Lure against Snuffles, 11 VS AC|Miss![/table]

Elya, on her part, draws her weapon. Rather than engage, she moves closer to Chet and readies herself to attack anyone that dares approach him.

"The trouble I spoke of, Sergeant? This is it."

{table]Elya|Action|Result
Move|Move to F4|
Standard|Ready Action|[/table]

It is now Praiten's turn!

http://i.imgur.com/CZdlP.jpg
TURN ORDER
Soldier2 (20)
Noble Caster (18)
Praiten (18)
Elya (17)
Xanice (15)
Soldier1 (14)
Kima (12)
Chet (11)
Thug (11)
Mo (9)
Ciston (6)
Performer (4)

PLAYERS
{table]Praiten|J3|23/23 HP|No effects
Kima|E8|23/23 HP|No effects

ALLIES
{table]Elya|I2|24/24 HP|No effects
Chet|G3|1/1 HP|No effects[/table]

ENEMIES
{table]Noble Caster|E12|0 HP lost|No effects
Soldier1|D13|0 HP lost|No effects
Soldier2|I7|0 HP lost|No effects
Thug|F17|0 HP lost|No effects
Performer|D15|0 HP lost|No effects[/table]

INFO
- You require a Nature check (free action) for information on the Thug, Noble Caster, Soldiers and Street Performer.
- Unless otherwise mentioned, all attacks are lethal attacks.
- Climbing on top of a table or desk costs one more movement point than usual. Moving off of one doesn't cost additional points, nor does moving over the table when you're on it already. If you're prone, you can crawl under the table/desk for cover.

humson
2011-09-24, 12:12 AM
Xanice studies the tresspassers and looks for anything intresting that might help him or his friends.

Nature check
Noble caster 20
Preformer 13
soldier 10
thug 2
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3195988/

thereaper
2011-09-24, 03:48 AM
Kima tries to think about whether or not she knows anything about these intruders with a Nature Check.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3196167/

Servbot
2011-09-24, 05:22 AM
Xanice:
You think the Noble Caster is Human. Scratch that, you're sure he is. Humans have a long history of fighting, warring and whatnot, ever rushing as hastily as they can to end their short lives as quickly as they can.

The Noble Caster is quite a strong enemy: you don't think he's any easier to hit than anyone else. His attacks include Force and Thunder-based attacks, and he can likely cover a large area, but you doubt he can do this often.

The Performer is also Human, but you've no clue about anything beyond that.

Same goes for the Soldier.

As for the Thug, well, uh, you uh... you think it's a Thug.

Kima:
Kima knows everything Xanice knows. Of course, she decisively knows the Thug is a Human, and that his capabilities are likely in line with the Bandits the party fought earlier.

As far as the Performer goes, Kima knows he's a bit of a Controller. He has abilities that slide the party, or that impose penalties to attack. He can even Daze someone. His defences aren't likely to be very impressive, though.

TheGreatJabu
2011-09-24, 06:08 AM
Praiten Madus

Praiten is not terribly surprised when he recognizes the man attempting to browbeat the civilians here. Back in the barracks he was commonly referred to by many nicknames, such as "the Count of Crying" , "the Petulant Prince" and "the Baron of..." Well, it wasn't flattering. His blood sets to boiling, however, when he sees the man being aided in his shakedown by none other than two members of the town guard! "WHAT?!" The man literally hops in anger, his armor crashing loudly as he slams his feet into the ground. He then stomps forward to the center of the room and begins to berate the two guards, ignoring the noble entirely.

"You craven little weasels! How DARE you insult the integrity of the city guard by aiding this criminal in his blatant extortion! Stand down this instant and your transgressions will be overlooked!"

With that, he draws his sword and glowers fiercely towards the men who should be his peers.

OOC:
Move action to F7
Standard action: INTIMIDATE. I don't have my book right now so I don't recall if you intimidate a group or an individual. Either way, the only ones I want to target are the two guards. If that's not an option, my target will be the guard who is still near the noble. 1d20+9=29 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3196247/)
Edit: Holy crap! HE'S FIERCE.
Minor action: Draw weapon

Servbot
2011-09-24, 06:58 AM
Everyone:
Praiten's indignant fury causes the two soldiers to obviously hestitate. They look from one to the other, unsure of what to do. The sergeant's fury has obviously rattled the two men.

It is now Xanice's turn!

http://i.imgur.com/QkETB.jpg
TURN ORDER
Soldier2 (20)
Noble Caster (18)
Praiten (18)
Elya (17)
Xanice (15)
Soldier1 (14)
Kima (12)
Chet (11)
Thug (11)
Mo (9)
Ciston (6)
Performer (4)

PLAYERS
{table]Praiten|F7|23/23 HP|No effects

ALLIES
{table]Elya|F4|24/24 HP|No effects

ENEMIES
Soldier1|D13|0 HP lost|Stunned until end of its next turn
Soldier2|I7|0 HP lost|Stunned until end of its next turn

INFO
- You require a Nature check (free action) for information on the Thug, Noble Caster, Soldiers and Street Performer.
- Climbing on top of a table or desk costs one more movement point than usual. Moving off of one doesn't cost additional points, nor does moving over the table when you're on it already. If you're prone, you can crawl under the table/desk for cover.
- Stunned enemies are no longer Stunned when attacked, and grant Combat Advantage while they're Stunned. An enemy whose Stun effect has ended does not automatically re-engage, but an enemy's rousing actions may spur them back to combat.

humson
2011-09-25, 08:50 AM
Xanice bound the indecisive soldier closest to him with his Aegis, then jumps jumps on the table behind him and squats to talk to Chet. We will keep you safe as you try to make your escape. He the turns to Elya.Do you have any abilities that we should know about? Now would be a good time to say so.
He then stands up, draws his sword, and faces the noble.
Sir, surely as a fellow scholar of magical arts, we can talk this out, Mr...?

Move to h4
minor to draw sword
minor to cast Aegis of Ensnarement on soldier 2.

Servbot
2011-09-25, 05:07 PM
Everyone:
The Swordmage's marking binds the soldier to the Swordmage himself.

"Escape? Escape?!" Chet seems positively livid at the notion. "I won't be chased from my Inn by those thugs!"

Elya makes an apologetic gesture briefly, but then focuses her eyes back on the crowd. "Enough to throw these thugs out," she responds to the Swordmage.

For his part, the Soldier remains uncertain of his course of action.

It is now Kima's turn!

http://i.imgur.com/LXRoj.jpg
TURN ORDER
Soldier2 (20)
Noble Caster (18)
Praiten (18)
Elya (17)
Xanice (15)
Soldier1 (14)
Kima (12)
Chet (11)
Thug (11)
Mo (9)
Ciston (6)
Performer (4)

PLAYERS
Xanice|H4|31/31 HP|No effects[/table]

ALLIES

ENEMIES
Soldier1|D13|0 HP lost|Marked

INFO
- Stunned enemies are no longer Stunned when attacked, and grant Combat Advantage while they're Stunned. An enemy whose Stun effect has ended does not automatically re-engage, but an enemy's rousing actions may spur them back to combat.
- Elya is considered a Striker. She doesn't take orders from anyone, but will always protect Chet.

thereaper
2011-09-26, 12:37 PM
Kima moves to G7, avoiding any spaces that would bring her within striking distance of the soldier.

Then she uses Channel Divinity: Divine Power for +1 to her next attack, followed by a Sacred Flame aimed at the noble caster ([roll0], [roll1] damage, if it hits Chet gains 3 temporary hp).

Kima finishes by using an action point to cast another Sacred Flame at the noble caster ([roll2], [roll3] damage, if it hits Chet gains 3 temporary hp).

thereaper
2011-09-26, 12:40 PM
Kima doesn't like the accuracy on her second sacred flame, so she uses elven accuracy to reroll the attack roll: [roll0].

Also, sacred flame targets the reflex defense.

Servbot
2011-09-27, 03:47 PM
Everyone:
Kima's sacred flames strike true the first time, searing the Nobleman with divine rage. Her second spell, however, is deflected swiftly, not quite packing the accuracy her previous beam did.

The flames empower Chet, who feels vitality surging through him.

"I'll show those thugs a thing or two!" he roars, but when he tries to move forward, Elya bars his way.

"Leave it to us," she says. Chet halts for a moment, then retreats to the rear, mumbling something about how he isn't a fighter anyway.

Meanwhile, the Thug advances forward, bringing (a beary bad typo was here) his mace to bear on Mo's hapless Dire Turkey.

{table]Thug||
Move Action|To I12|
Standard Action|21 VS AC, Hit!|6 damage! Shift to H12[/table]

It is now Mo's turn!

http://i.imgur.com/Wutx6.jpg
TURN ORDER
Soldier2 (20)
Noble Caster (18)
Praiten (18)
Elya (17)
Xanice (15)
Soldier1 (14)
Kima (12)
Chet (11)
Thug (11)
Mo (9)
Ciston (6)
Performer (4)

PLAYERS
Kima|G7|23/23 HP|No effects
Xanice|H4|31/31 HP|No effects
Snuffles|J12|16/22 HP|No effects[/table]

ALLIES
Chet|F2|1/1 HP +3 Temp|No effects[/table]

ENEMIES
{table]Noble Caster|E12|6 HP lost|No effects
Thug|H12|0 HP lost|No effects

INFO
- Elya is considered a Striker. She doesn't take orders from anyone, but will always protect Chet.

Neb
2011-10-01, 04:56 PM
Mo hesitates, bewildered and unsure which big people need knives in their face. Snuffles is chirping in alarm from the near miss, and several feather are billowed about the room by the chaos.

Mo narrows in on the enemy caster, hatred welling in his chest. Snuffles is MO's to abuse and no one else's!

Mo darts between the taller combatants, pulling his knives and hurling them at the caster. "Take THAT you over dressed pink sinned ninny!"

Snuffles leaps into action, initially wanting to help Mo take on the caster, but finding the Thug in his way.

[Move action - Mo to E8, Snuffles to I12]
[Minor Action - Hunter's Quarry against noble]
[Standard Action - Twin Strike, 2 daggers thrown at Noble]
[Free action, draw 2 daggers]

[Dagger 1]
[1d20 + 7 to hit, got 26 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3203277/)]
[1d4 damage, got 1 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3203278/)]
[add hunter's quarry, 1d6, got 2 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3203283/)]

[Dagger 2]
[1d20 + 7 to hit, got 12 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3203280/)]
[1d4 damage, got 2 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3203281/)]

[Snuffles will use an opportunity attack on the thug if he moves]

Servbot
2011-10-02, 01:44 PM
Everyone:
Mo's dagger strikes true only once, but the blow is dulled by the magic protecting the Nobleborn caster. The caster has suffered 3 damage, the second of Mo's knives hitting the wood beside the man.

Ciston, for his part, shuffles away and closer to Chet, blade raised menacingly in defence.

{table]Ciston|
Move|Shift to J5
Standard|Demote to Move
Move|Move to H2
Minor|Draw weapon[/table]

The Performer then moves in, sticking close to the wall before releasing a surprising shout, which leaves the good Warlord dazed.

{table]Performer||
Move|Move to B9|
Standard|Surprising Shout, 23 VS Will|Hit! 14 damage, Praiten is dazed until end of Performer's next turn[/table]

Still stunned from Praiten's fierce rebuke, the Soldier doesn't move.

Not stunned in the slightest, the Noble Caster bellows, "Don't just stand there! I pay you a handsome fee to take them out, not stand there, baffled by some loudmouthed fool!"

The soldiers snap to attention and ready their weapons again, intent to rejoin the fight. Satisfied, the Caster responds to Mo's dagger attack in kind, sending a bolting force of lightning from his staff. It hits Mo square in the face, bloodying the Goblin and bringing him close to the Raven Queen's doorstep.

{table]Noble Caster||
Minor|Recall Soldiers to fight
Standard|Shock Staff, 23 VS AC|Hit! 21 damage and Mo is dazed until the end of the Noble Caster's next turn
Move|Move to C14|[/table]

http://i.imgur.com/K03DP.jpg
TURN ORDER
Soldier2 (20)
Noble Caster (18)
Praiten (18)
Elya (17)
Xanice (15)
Soldier1 (14)
Kima (12)
Chet (11)
Thug (11)
Mo (9)
Ciston (6)
Performer (4)

PLAYERS
{table]Praiten|F7|9/23 HP|Bloodied, Dazed until end of Performer's next turn
Kima|G7|23/23 HP|No effects
Mo|E8|2/23 HP|Bloodied, Dazed until end of Noble Caster's next turn
Ciston|H2|26/26 HP|No effects
Xanice|H4|31/31 HP|No effects

ALLIES
Chet|F2|1/1 HP +3 Temp|No effects[/table]

ENEMIES
{table]Noble Caster|C14|9 HP lost|No effects
Soldier2|I7|0 HP lost|No effects
Performer|B9|0 HP lost|No effects[/table]

INFO

Neb
2011-10-02, 08:08 PM
"Aaaaaaiiieeeeee!!"

Mo tries to put the blood back in his face

TheGreatJabu
2011-10-03, 09:32 AM
Praiten Madus

Praiten's anger had begun to subside as the two guardsmen seemed to be taking heed to his admonishing. He was totally blindsided by the surprise serenade launched from another of the Count of Crying's cronies. The devastating blast snaps the guard's head back and he staggers about for a moment, disoriented by the attack. He sluggishly turns his head about to survey the situation, his head throbbing from the blast, and he sees the severe burns on the little goblin, Mo.

Praiten grinds his teeth together and trudges towards the noble Performer, muttering semi-coherently (from anger with a heaping side of "possible concussion") as he steps forward. "Grrrmmbl...spoiled ninny...mmrRmGl-'ever workedda-day injurrr life...MMmr!" As he draws closer, his voice picks up its strength. "Thinga few sparks anjurrr little tenor o'er'ere can stop us?!" As he closes the final steps of distance he snaps his sword back to a striking position and roars. "The SHOWZ'OVER! Att'em, friends!"

OOC: Here's the breakdown. If I only get one action while Dazed, it's going to be...
1. Move Action - moving to C8
Burning an Aaaaaction Point for a Standard Action of...
2. Daily Power: Bastion of Defense, targetting the noble Performer! All allies within 5 squares get 9 temporary HP, and the other effects will only occur if I hit. Str vs AC: 1d20+6=20 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3205131/) I don't know if this gets the +3 to attack from my Action Surge feat, so I didn't include it.
If hit:
A. Damage! 3[W] + Str = 3d8+3=19 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3205134/)
B. Effect! All allies within 5 squares get +1 Power bonus to all Defenses until the end of the encounter

Servbot
2011-10-03, 12:38 PM
Everyone:
Praiten valiantly throws himself into battle, spending an Action Point to launch into a devastating attack on the Performer! Sadly, he misses. Wait, no, he doesn't. His sword finds the Performer's flesh without much effort, striking the man a powerful blow for 19 damage, bloodying the Performer in the process.

Barring Ciston, everyone else witness to Praiten's glory feel themselves invigorated and strengthened, and they enjoy a +1 bonus to defences.

Not one to be outdone, and seeing Chet now secure from enemies, Elya enters the fight, leaping at the nearest soldier with agility, her sword finding easy purchase despite the man's armour.

The sword's brief glow evidences that it has had the touch of an artificer; a magic sword. The mercenary falls back immediately after her attack.

{table]Elya||
Move|Move to H6
Standard|Fading Strike, 25 VS AC|Hit! 10 damage, shift back to F4[/table]

It is now Xanice's turn!

Note: I messed up on who the mark was: Soldier2 had the mark, not Soldier1. Updated the table for that.

http://i.imgur.com/5pEMV.jpg
TURN ORDER
Soldier2 (20)
Noble Caster (18)
Praiten (18)
Elya (17)
Xanice (15)
Soldier1 (14)
Kima (12)
Chet (11)
Thug (11)
Mo (9)
Ciston (6)
Performer (4)

PLAYERS
{table]Praiten|F7|9/23 HP|Bloodied, Dazed until end of Performer's next turn, +1 to all defences
Kima|G7|23/23 HP +9 Temp|+1 to all defences
Mo|E8|2/23 HP +9 Temp|Bloodied, Dazed until end of Noble Caster's next turn, +1 to all defences
Xanice|H4|31/31 HP +9 Temp|+1 to all defences

ALLIES
{table]Elya|F4|24/24 HP +9 Temp|No effects
Chet|F2|1/1 HP +12 Temp|No effects[/table]

ENEMIES
Soldier2|I7|10 HP lost|Marked
Performer|B9|19 HP lost|Bloodied[/table]

INFO

humson
2011-10-03, 08:05 PM
Xanice, impressed by the sword Elya, says Nice sword. Can I Examine the magic after the fight He then jumps forward engaging in a complicated series of magic,swordplay, and footwork, attempting to drive the man between him and Kima.

Move to H7
Luring strike soldier 2 1d20+7 =20 AC http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3205692/
Damage 8
Xanice will shift to I8 sliding soldier 2 into h7
as part of luring strike effect xanice will shift into I7 flanking with Kima
ACTION POINT!!
Fox's feint to same target
Damage 1d8+4 9 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3205707/)
1d20+9 16http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3205702/
And I'm not sure if it is an effect or just works on a hit but any combat advantage it grants is a +4 instead of +2

Servbot
2011-10-04, 10:09 AM
Everyone:
Xanice swipes with his blade, scoring a Critical Hit! on the Soldier 2 for 8 damage, before repositioning himself and striking again. However, his second attack is deftly deflected by the Soldier despite the flanking.

The other Soldier marches up, to Praiten no less, swinging his blade with fatal precision. The sergeant crumbles to the floor in a bloody heap. Praiten is dying!

{table]Soldier1||
Move|Move to C9|
Standard|Attack Praiten, 22 VS AC! Hit! 10 damage! Praiten has fallen![/table]

It is now Kima's turn!

http://i.imgur.com/kiFoU.png
TURN ORDER
Soldier2 (20)
Noble Caster (18)
Praiten (18)
Elya (17)
Xanice (15)
Soldier1 (14)
Kima (12)
Chet (11)
Thug (11)
Mo (9)
Ciston (6)
Performer (4)

PLAYERS
{table]Praiten|F7|-1/23 HP|Bloodied, Dying, Dazed until end of Performer's next turn, +1 to all defences
Kima|G7|23/23 HP +9 Temp|+1 to all defences
Mo|E8|2/23 HP +9 Temp|Bloodied, Dazed until end of Noble Caster's next turn, +1 to all defences

ALLIES

ENEMIES
Soldier2|I7|18 HP lost|Marked, Bloodied
Performer|B9|19 HP lost|Bloodied[/table]

INFO
- Healing a dying character restores health as if they had 0 HP. A dying character then stops dying, but is still Prone. A dying character who suffers more damage than their bloodied value is dead.

thereaper
2011-10-04, 06:45 PM
"Hey, these people don't deserve to die!"

Kima moves to E7 and uses Beacon of Hope (close burst 3, Wis vs Will, if it hits anyone, then she and all allies in burst get 5 hp and her healing powers heal for +5 hp until end of encounter. Also, targets that get hit are weakened until the end of their next turn). Kima rolls a 19 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3207071/) on the attack roll.

Then she uses Healing Word on Praiten. He can spend a healing surge and gain 3 additional hp. (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3207074/)

Servbot
2011-10-04, 07:47 PM
Everyone:
Kima strides forward, deftly avoiding the nearby Soldier's opportunistic attack. She ends her movement beside Mo, casting a brilliant power through the room, which causes the nearby enemies to falter and they are weakened until the end of their next turn!

The light also invigorates Kima's allies who, with a Healing Word, deftly picks Praiten back up from the ground and propels him back into the fight. No longer bloodied, just dazed still.

Chet watches the fight, doing nothing on his part.

The thug attempts an attack on Mo's turkey, but Snuffles nimbly avoids the attack, causing the thug to shuffle away in embarassment.

{table]Thug||
Standard|Attack Snuffles! 7 VS AC|Miss!
Move|Shift to G13|[/table]

It is now Mo's turn!

http://i.imgur.com/Cb8QC.png
TURN ORDER
Soldier2 (20)
Noble Caster (18)
Praiten (18)
Elya (17)
Xanice (15)
Soldier1 (14)
Kima (12)
Chet (11)
Thug (11)
Mo (9)
Ciston (6)
Performer (4)

PLAYERS
{table]Praiten|F7|18/23 HP|Dazed until end of Performer's next turn, +1 to all defences
Kima|G7|23/23 HP +9 Temp|+1 to all defences, +5 HP when healing
Mo|E8|7/23 HP +9 Temp|Bloodied, Dazed until end of Noble Caster's next turn, +1 to all defences

ALLIES

ENEMIES
Soldier1|D13|0 HP lost|Weakened until end of Kima's next turn
Soldier2|I7|18 HP lost|Marked, Bloodied, weakened until end of Kima's next turn
Thug|G13|0 HP lost|No effects
Performer|B9|19 HP lost|Bloodied, weakened until end of Kima's next turn[/table]

INFO

Neb
2011-10-04, 08:06 PM
Mo stumbles about cursing, looking more drunk as wounded. "Lily white fungus crackers! May bees nest in your beards!" Mo charges the noble, but blinded by blood and sweat, blunders instead into the melee and plunges his sword towards the performer. "DIIEEEEEEE!!" he squeals!

Meanwhile Snuffles stands about stupidly, quite unsure of what's going on. He searches desperately for Mo who has disappeared into the battle.

[Standard Action: Evasive Strike (Encounter)]
[Before the strike, Mo may shift 3 spaces and does so to B8]
[Free Action: Draw Short Sword (Quick Draw)]
[Attack Performer: 15 to hit (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3207174/)]
[2d6 + 2 damage: got 8 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3207178/)]

[Snuffles doesn't move because Mo did not use a Move action]

Servbot
2011-10-05, 01:43 PM
Everyone:
Mo stumbles about, but in his blood-drunk stupor manages to land a clean blow on the Performer, bringing him closer to the Raven Queen with every passing moment.

Not one to be outdone, Ciston jumps on the table with a bloodfurling cry of "CHEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAARGE!", before getting off again and returning to where he was.

The Performer shifts away a bit, hiding behind the Soldier as he launches a series of insults at Mo. However, "your mom" insults find no purchase with Mo.

{table]Performer||
Move|Shift to C10|
Standard|Blunder at Mo, 12 VS Will|Miss![/table]

The Soldier takes a swipe at Xanice, but the Swordmage is well-prepared and blocks the attack dead in its tracks. The Soldier, frustrated, shifts away from Xanice.

{table]Soldier2||
Standard|Attack Xanice, 16 VS AC|Miss!
Move|Shift to G8|[/table]

Finally, the Noble Caster starts again, lifting his staff as a bolt of energy fires at Mo. The attack lands a clean blow, shoving Mo far away from the Caster.

{table]Noble Caster||
Move|Shift to C13|
Standard|Force Lure on Mo, 26 VS Fort|Hit! 10 damage and Mo is slid to A5[/table]

http://i.imgur.com/UAjoo.jpg
TURN ORDER
Soldier2 (20)
Noble Caster (18)
Praiten (18)
Elya (17)
Xanice (15)
Soldier1 (14)
Kima (12)
Chet (11)
Thug (11)
Mo (9)
Ciston (6)
Performer (4)

PLAYERS
{table]Praiten|F7|18/23 HP|+1 to all defences
Mo|A5|6/23 HP|Bloodied, +1 to all defences

ALLIES

ENEMIES
Soldier1|D13|0 HP lost|Weakened until end of its next turn
Soldier2|G9|18 HP lost|Marked, Bloodied
Performer|C10|27 HP lost|Bloodied[/table]

INFO
- Ciston probably hates you all.
- Taking turns for four things is suffering. I'll update the Soldier2 to be properly bloodied... later!

TheGreatJabu
2011-10-06, 02:53 AM
Praiten Madus

Praiten awakes to find himself laying face-down in a pool of blood. Eww. I wonder who left this here? he thinks to himself. It was then that he recalled the blow that dropped him but moments ago. It would seem that a little bit of bleeding was just what the doctor had ordered though, as he felt far more vigorous than he had before he'd been incapacitated!

He posts his sword-arm upon the ground and lifts his shield to cover himself as he regains his footing. At this time, he sees the small figure of Mo blasted past his field of vision towards the corner of the room. "Take heart, little goblin! Clearly, the enemy dreads your presence!"

Not wanting to leave himself in a position to be surrounded by foes, Praiten cautiously withdraws towards Kima, that the two may form a solid defensive position.

OOC: Ciston doesn't hate us - he's clearly trying to motivate us!
Move action - Rise from prone (probably provoking an opportunity attack)
Minor action - Inspiring Word on Mo! His green little spirits are uplifted for Healing Surge + 1d6=3 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3209377/) hit points!
Move action - shift 1 square to D7

Most of Praiten's abilities hinge upon he and another ally being adjacent to the same foe, so he's going to be doubling-up from now on. That's not to discourage anyone with ranged attacks from trying to finish that Performer, though.

Servbot
2011-10-06, 11:22 AM
Everyone:
Praiten rises from the ground like skeletons from a well-deserved grave, and shifts away from the Soldier before anything untoward can happen, like a knife in the back.

His rousing words bring Mo back to health, invigorating the Goblin with courage and granting him 8 HP!.

For her own part, Elya readies herself to attack anything that closes with her and Chet, but takes no offensive action. The safety of her employer takes precedence over rushing in.

It is now Xanice's turn!

http://boonce.org/up/8844_maptool-1.3.b86.png
TURN ORDER
Soldier2 (20)
Noble Caster (18)
Praiten (18)
Elya (17)
Xanice (15)
Soldier1 (14)
Kima (12)
Chet (11)
Thug (11)
Mo (9)
Ciston (6)
Performer (4)

PLAYERS
Mo|A5|13/23 HP|+1 to all defences

ALLIES

ENEMIES
Soldier1|D13|0 HP lost|Weakened until end of its next turn
Soldier2|G9|18 HP lost|Marked, Bloodied
Performer|C10|27 HP lost|Bloodied[/table]

INFO

humson
2011-10-06, 08:49 PM
Xanice closes his eyes, while taking a single step forward and for a moment he feels absolute peace. To outside looker it appears as if he vanished, but when opens his eyes he is on the other side of the soldier, with his sword glowing. He trusts the glowing sword in to the ground and spikes emerg everywhere.

Move: fey step to F9
standred Dragons teeth v reflex
Preformer 24 v reflex Nat 20
Soldier 1 13
thug 13
Soldier 2 12
noble 9
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3210402/
EDIT: Damage 8 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3211698/)

Servbot
2011-10-08, 12:49 PM
Everyone:
Xanice unleashes a whirl of magic, which manages to land a blow on the Performer and both Soldiers; the former of which keels over and falls on the ground in a bloody mess.

The Thug deftly avoids, while the Noble Caster deflects the attack handily.

Soldier 1 recovers from this rather swiftly, stepping in to strike at Kima. The attack, however, doesn't quite land a blow thanks to Praiten's rousing earlier raising his allies' attention, and Kima ducks away from the attack just in time.

{table]Soldier 1||
Move|Shift to D8|
Standard|Longsword at Kima, 16 VS AC|Miss!
[/table]

It is now Kima's turn!

http://i.imgur.com/7aK5M.jpg
TURN ORDER
Soldier2 (20)
Noble Caster (18)
Praiten (18)
Elya (17)
Xanice (15)
Soldier1 (14)
Kima (12)
Chet (11)
Thug (11)
Mo (9)
Ciston (6)
Performer (4)

PLAYERS
Mo|A5|13/23 HP|+1 to all defences

ALLIES

ENEMIES
Soldier1|D13|8 HP lost|Weakened until end of its next turn
Soldier2|G9|26 HP lost|Marked, Bloodied
Performer|C10|39 HP lost|Dead[/table]

INFO

thereaper
2011-10-08, 03:20 PM
Kima shifts to D6 to get away from the nice soldier attacking her and uses Divine Glow (burst 3, Wis vs Reflex, allies in blast get +2 atk until end of my next turn, attack roll is 17 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3212846/), damage is 8 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3212847/) radiant damage).

Servbot
2011-10-11, 08:46 AM
Everyone:
Kima's divine attack leaves one of the Soldiers bloodied, while the other crumbles in a miserable heap as she whisks away the last moment of his life.

Chett actually edges away from the party, seeing the onslaught they are releasing on the invading party.

The Thug steps in closer to Xanice right then, and swings his mace in a direct arc for Xanice's head. The attack connects, leaving Xanice dazed while the Thug shifts closer to the battlefield.

{table]Thug||
Move|Move to E10|
Standard|Dazing Strike VS Xanice, 18 VS AC|Hit! 2 damage and Xanice is Dazed until the end of Thug's next turn, shift to E9[/table]

It is now Mo's turn!

http://i.imgur.com/qr6g2.jpg
TURN ORDER
Noble Caster (18)
Praiten (18)
Elya (17)
Xanice (15)
Soldier1 (14)
Kima (12)
Chet (11)
Thug (11)
Mo (9)
Ciston (6)

PLAYERS
{table]Praiten|F7|18/23 HP|+1 to all defences, +2 to attack roll UEoNT
Mo|A5|13/23 HP|+1 to all defences, +2 to attack roll UEoNT
Xanice|H4|31/31 HP +7 Temp|+1 to all defences, +2 to attack roll UEoNT, Dazed until end of Thug's next turn

ALLIES
Chet|G2|1/1 HP +12 Temp|No effects[/table]

ENEMIES
Soldier1|D13|16 HP lost|Bloodied
Soldier2|G9|34 HP lost|Dead
Thug|E10|0 HP lost|No effects

INFO
- Defeating one more enemy will let you use an Intimidate Check to cower the others out of combat.

Neb
2011-10-11, 09:53 AM
Mo pauses a second to catch his breath. With the performer down, the way is clear for Mo's revenge against the spellcaster! Mo spots Snuffles at the edge of the room looking frightened. "Beakbreath! Don't just stand there you big stupid! Help me carve a slice off that pinky!"

Ever obedient in the face of verbal abuse, Snuffles runs toward the noble, spreading his feathers and screeching. Mo slings a dagger at the nearby guard before bearing down on his prey. A moment's distraction by Snuffles is all Mo needs...

[Move Action: Mo to B8, Snuffles to C14]
[Minor Action: Use Skirmishing Stance. This gives Mo a +2 Power Bonus to AC and Reflex as long as he ends his turn 4 spaces away from where he started. Hooray! It also adds 1d8 damage to his next attack]
[Free Action: Draw Dagger for Throw and Stab]
[Standard Action: Throw and Stab! Throw at Guard, then move to C12 and stab Noble]
[Throw a dagger at the guard (+7 thanks to Divine Glow)]
[Got 24 to hit (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3216651/) for 4 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3216652/)]
[Stab the noble with short sword!]
[Got 20! Its a crit! (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3216653/) for the max of 1d6 + 2 + 1d8 (from Skirmishing Stance) for 16 damage]

Neb
2011-10-11, 10:18 AM
[Meanwhile, in an alternate universe...]

"Let's go adventuring pal!" Mo pats Snuffles on the beak gently, letting him know that its time to go to the human town of Demarat with their new friends. Snuffles affectionately rubs the top of his head in Mo's face. "Hehehe, awww I love you too, Snuffles!"

[This post exists because the forums were acting wonky!]

Servbot
2011-10-11, 10:44 AM
Alternate Universe:
A dragon swoops down and eats you.

Mo has died!
Snuffles has died!

Real Universe:
The Goblin weaves through the battlefield to throw a dagger at one foe, and then stab another foe, which causes blood to trickle down the nobleman's wounds. The Noble Caster has become Bloodied!

Ciston, impressed, stands gawking in awe. Or just in disinterest.

Not one to give up after just a single wound, the Nobleman shifts back, snarling at the Goblin. "You think some filth monster is going to take me down?! Me, the greatest wizard in this dinky little town?!" He raises his staff on high, from which bolts another blast of thunder.

The bolting blast of lightning doesn't quite hit the nimble Goblin, though, and the Caster is forced to come to terms with reality. He deftly avoids doing so.

{table]Noble Caster||
Move|Shift to C14|
Standard|Shock Staff Mo, 12 VS AC|Miss!
Minor|Saving roll against Reality|Success![/table]

http://i.imgur.com/qr6g2.jpg
TURN ORDER
Noble Caster (18)
Praiten (18)
Elya (17)
Xanice (15)
Soldier1 (14)
Kima (12)
Chet (11)
Thug (11)
Mo (9)
Ciston (6)

PLAYERS
Mo|C12|13/23 HP|+1 to all defences, +2 to attack roll UEoNT, Skirmishing Stance
Xanice|H4|31/31 HP +7 Temp|+1 to all defences, +2 to attack roll UEoNT, Dazed until end of Thug's next turn

ALLIES

ENEMIES
{table]Noble Caster|C14|27 HP lost|Bloodied
Soldier1|D13|20 HP lost|Bloodied

INFO
- Defeating one more enemy will let you use an Intimidate Check to cower the others out of combat.

thereaper
2011-10-11, 04:43 PM
As a reaction to taking down that soldier, Kima uses the Raven Queen's Melora's Blessing to allow Mo to spend a healing surge.

(It's a free action)

Servbot
2011-10-12, 06:23 AM
Everyone:
"Now, everyone, let's deal with these villains!" Praiten roars, as he swings his sword's blunt end right at the soldier's head with such ferocity that the poor man is completely caught off guard, and he is knocked out cold by the fierce Sergeant's attack.

Praiten steps forward, assisting Xanice by flanking the Bandit.

Elya whistles between her teeth, obviously impressed, but makes no move to near the combat again. The fight looks to be pretty much over, from her perspective.

{table]Praiten||
Standard|Guarding Attack non-lethal, Soldier, CRIT (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3218311/) VS AC|Auto-hit, max damage! 20 damage, and Soldier is Knocked Out!
Move|Move to D9[/table]

It is now Xanice's turn!
http://i.imgur.com/GN8yH.jpg
TURN ORDER
Noble Caster (18)
Praiten (18)
Elya (17)
Xanice (15)
Kima (12)
Chet (11)
Thug (11)
Mo (9)
Ciston (6)

PLAYERS

ALLIES

ENEMIES
Soldier1|D13|40 HP lost|Bloodied, Disabled

INFO

humson
2011-10-13, 07:37 PM
Xanice is regrets the death of the performer, his Dragon's teeth technique was sadly unpredictable and a little bit uncontrollable. This is all forgotten as Praiten whacks the soldier on the head. As Praiten slides into a flanking position. Xanice says Maybe bringing you along wasn't the biggest mistake I've ever made! Pearlaxia, who's not doing much but wacthing reconizs this as a huge compliment on Xanice's part. Xanice then swings his sword towards the thug aiming for the legs

Luring strike vs ac 24 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3221127/)
Non lethal

Servbot
2011-10-14, 10:29 AM
Everyone:
Xanice strikes at the nearby Thug for 4 damage, using his swift swordsmanship to shift away and guide the Thug into the space he left.

It is now Kima's turn!

http://i.imgur.com/2XsKk.jpg
TURN ORDER
Noble Caster (18)
Praiten (18)
Elya (17)
Xanice (15)
Kima (12)
Chet (11)
Thug (11)
Mo (9)
Ciston (6)

PLAYERS
{table]Praiten|D9|18/23 HP|+1 to all defences, +2 to attack roll UEoNT
Kima|D6|23/23 HP +9 Temp|+1 to all defences, +5 HP when healing
Xanice|E10|31/31 HP +7 Temp|+1 to all defences, +2 to attack roll UEoNT, Dazed until end of Thug's next turn

ALLIES

ENEMIES
Soldier1|D8|40 HP lost|Bloodied, Disabled
Soldier2|G8|34 HP lost|Dead
Thug|F9|4 HP lost|No effects

INFO

thereaper
2011-10-15, 12:21 AM
"Ok, hopefully this won't fail again..."

Kima moves to B11 and attacks the noble caster with a Lance of Faith (attack: 16 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3222682/), damage: 7 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3222683/), and if hit Mo gets +2 to his next attack against the noble caster).

Servbot
2011-10-16, 06:12 AM
Everyone:
The cleric's attack pierces the caster's defences, nearly toppling the poor man over. The magic left in its wake empowers the Goblin's next attack, as if a divine hand guides his weapons to the nearest gut.

Chet remains as he is, visibly impressed with the prowess of the motley band of warriors that had stumbled into his Inn, while the Thug sees the writings on the wall and makes haste to get out of there.

"I ain't gettin' paid enough!" he bellows as he retreats. The Caster's resentful glares are completely lost on the frightened man.

{table]Thug||
Move|Shift to G10
Standard|Convert to move|Run to F18[/table]

It is now Mo's turn!

http://i.imgur.com/zImfM.jpg
TURN ORDER
Noble Caster (18)
Praiten (18)
Elya (17)
Xanice (15)
Kima (12)
Chet (11)
Thug (11)
Mo (9)
Ciston (6)

PLAYERS
{table]Praiten|D9|18/23 HP|+1 to all defences
Kima|D6|23/23 HP +9 Temp|+1 to all defences, +5 HP when healing
Xanice|E10|31/31 HP +7 Temp|+1 to all defences

ALLIES

ENEMIES
{table]Noble Caster|C14|34 HP lost|Bloodied
Soldier1|D8|40 HP lost|Bloodied, Disabled
Soldier2|G8|34 HP lost|Dead
Thug|F18|4 HP lost|Grants Combat Advantage until end of next turn

INFO

Neb
2011-10-17, 11:38 AM
Mo feels victory at hand! "Keep that filthy pinky where he is, Snuffles!" Sprinting like a demon, Mo runs to the table before whipping two more daggers at the caster.

[Move action: Mo to G14]
[Mo has moved at least 4 squares from where he started, granting +2 to AC and reflex and his next attack deals an additional 1d8 damage]
[Minor action: Hunter's Quarry on the caster]
[Free action: draw dagger for Twin Strike]
[Standard action: Twin Strike, 2 daggers thrown at the caster]

[dagger 1]
[+9 to attack, got natural 20 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3225730/) (again! Mo has gone berserk I guess)]
[Max damage: 4 (dagger) + 8 (Skirmishing stance) + 6(hunter's quarry) = 18 damage.

[dagger 2]
[+9 to attack, got 27 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3225735/)]
[for another 2 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3225738/) damage]

Servbot
2011-10-19, 02:54 PM
Everyone:
Mo's daunting attack pierces through the Caster's magical defences with ease, weaving a way through cloth and bone before reaching the heart. The Caster drops in a series of gurgled curses, none too pleasing to the ear.

The bandit, by now has gotten Way The Hell Out Of There, and the fight comes to a happy conclusion.

Elya looks visibly impressed, smiling broadly, but it is Chet who is first to speak.

"That was amazing," the man roars, grinning widely at all of you. "Bloody amazing is what it was. That rat's been bothering me for weeks on end!"

Elya crosses her arms, and while she smiles, she is obviously less pleased than Chet. "I do think we'll have some trouble with the corpses," the mercenary mentions. "Though he was a rat, he still has parents, or had parents, who've reared him... I don't imagine they'll be too happy."

Chet waves her worries away, happily continuing, "I'll give you anything you ask for, within reasonable bounds."

thereaper
2011-10-20, 01:06 AM
"Wow, really? How...kind of you. But we really don't wish to impose. We just need those two rooms we were discussing earlier."

TheGreatJabu
2011-10-20, 04:09 AM
Praiten Madus

Praiten pulls a cloth out from his attire and begins wiping down his blade. "As a true member of the town guard, I personally have no need of reward, good sir, except perhaps a bit of rope to tie up that scoundrel with." Not ceasing his weapon cleaning, he jerks his head towards the bribed Guard that he had rendered unconscious only moments ago. "We should send a runner down to the Captain to let him know what's transpired here - the nobleman will either be discredited in the trial of this corrupt guard or his family will deny any connection to the man to keep their own reputations clear; they'd not likely risk retribution if they simply choose to cut ties."

Once his weapon once again had the standard amount of gleam to it, he slides it back into its sheath with a satisfied smile upon his face. "My friends here, however, acted bravely and with nobility. As civilians it wasn't their duty to take action, and I for one would like to commend you all! I was quite impressed how well we performed as a unit without even a single week of proper drilling!"

humson
2011-10-21, 10:01 PM
Xanice swings his sword while channelling magic though it,pushing the blood off, then walks over to the unconscious soldier and ties him up the rope from his pack. We do not require a reward except for rooms for the night...or any magical secrets you may have. Xanice surveys the carnage. We should also bury the body or return them to their families.
To Pearlaxia he says do you have any suggestions?

Servbot
2011-10-22, 08:22 AM
Xanice:
Pearlaxia shakes her head and snorts. "Helping is its own reward," she chides. "Asking for anything more is greed. You help because you must, not because it yields reward."

Everyone:
Chet looks honestly surprised, and for a moment stands there, a little unsure of how to respond. But then he breaks into a wide grin.

"Rooms, rooms, you'll get the best rooms I've got! I'll prepare them, so just a moment..." And he rushes up the stairs, where you can hear his feet thumping the wood with vigour.

Elya smiles at your group wryly, making an apologetic gesture. "Thank you on my behalf as well," she says softly. "It'd been my charge to protect him, but I was too... mesmerised and pre-occupied to help. Here, it should serve you better than I. I insist."

She sheathes her sword, unclasps the sheath and holds it out towards you, eyes drifting between the various members; she is plainly unsure of who she should hand it to, given the size of the party.

[[ Elya's sword is a Challenge-seeking Longsword +1, which deals 1d6 additional damage against enemies at full health, and grants a +1 bonus to damage and attack. Anyone may take her up on the weapon.

humson
2011-10-23, 06:40 PM
Xanice reaches forward and takes the offered sword and examines it. He then takes a couple of steps back and unsheathes it. He then takes a couple practice. Strangely he doesn't seem to have the perfect precision he has with his former sword.
He then turns over to Elya. Thank you. a gifted sword is a great honor in swordmage tradition.. Xanice then sheaths the sword and bows.

Neb
2011-10-24, 08:21 AM
Mo listens incredulously. They're going to BURY this pinky? Don't they know that wizards are the tastiest?? Mo shakes his head sadly..then turns to Snuffles.

"Took you long enough, beak for brains! I almost DIED back there!" Mo points to his bloodied nose and face, then runs forward and pushes Snuffles with both arms. The bird sprawls and then hurries to back of the room, recoiling at Mo's anger.

thereaper
2011-10-25, 05:11 PM
Kima walks over to the poor bird and pets it.

humson
2011-10-25, 05:39 PM
Xanice buckles the sword to his belts and bows again. The bird did the best it could, Mo. Please stop making you self out to be a jerk. Xanice takes a moment to compose himself.
Now I believe the invitation to the tower still stands. we should take the soldier to the captain soon and then make our way over there. err.. Did we ever clean up the mess?

Servbot
2011-10-28, 08:01 AM
Everyone:
With their deeds done and Chet helped, the party departs for Gallnor's tower to see just what is finally up with this cooky Wizard and his Mo-loving ways.

Praiten:
You happen to know Gallnor is an eccentric Wizard who rarely, if ever, talks to anyone but the lord Governor, and of late he has not talked to the lord Governor either.

Everyone:
You arrive at the tower without further problems, Praiten skillfully navigating the streets to your destination. The tower doors are an unimpressive wooden and they open with a slight creak.

The inside of the tower is dusty and smells rather murky. There's nothing but stone walls, stone floors, a stone slab and a glowing circle painted in the centre of the tower room, with no way to ascend.

With the assistance of the sergeant, the party quickly decides that the circle is a teleportation circle, a portal to the top of the tower, and so they enter altogether.

You find yourself in what looks to be a library room. Books are scattered about mindlessly, some bookshelves being completely devoid while there's hardly anywhere you can stand without stepping in book.

Towards the end of the room is a circular compartment, where there is a couch, besides which is a small table with a carafe of wine, a delightful but occupied armchair, and a desk wih books piled on high. You can see Gallnor occupying the armchair, discussing at length with a younger man in the couch.

It doesn't look like either have noticed you yet, and if they have they show no signs of having done so.

Quickdraw:
For the past two hours, Gallnor has been talking to you about the great vastness of fairy tales, and the wonders contained therein. Whether you're interested or not, he keeps on going and going.

thereaper
2011-10-29, 01:34 AM
Kima has long since stopped listening. She doesn't like fairy tales.

TheGreatJabu
2011-10-29, 04:53 AM
Praiten Madus

Praiten does a poor job of hiding his distaste at the state of disarray the wizard's tower is in. Hmph. A man's home should reflect his character. As the team enters into the chamber where the wizards are holding discourse, Praiten stands silently for a few moments to determine whether or not they will be noticed. When it becomes clear that they were not noticed, Praiten clears his throat loudly and steps to the front of the party, standing at attention and rendering a salute as he reports to Gallnor.

"Ahem. Master Gallnor, I am Sergeant Madus of the town guard. I have joined with the fine folk behind me, here, so that they may come and speak with you."

Dakaran
2011-10-29, 03:05 PM
Percival "Quickdraw" Bishop

Percival turns his attention from Gallnor over to Sergeant Madus and the company behind him. Ah, finally, a distraction from this useless tangent, interesting as it may be. Turning back to Gallnor, Percival says "Is this the group that you were expecting, Gallnor?"

thereaper
2011-10-30, 12:49 AM
Kima does a small bow, as a show of respect.

Servbot
2011-10-30, 07:58 AM
Everyone:
Gallnor interrupts his monologue at Praiten's approach, and turns his gaze to the group lazily. "Oh, I see, I see," he replies. "So you're done brawling and lumbering around! Well then, good man," and at this he turns to Quickdraw again, "it seems I'll have no time to conclude our talk, despite your eagerness to learn of the mysteries of the faeries in the Feywild.

"We'll have to adjourn, we will." With a gesture of his hands, a cupboard flings open to reveal a set of glasses.

"Now then, the barrel there beside you," Gallnor points to a barrel right beside Kima, "contains more Dwarven Ale than you can ever down, so please, feel free to help yourself, help yourself."

His eyes dart from one to the other before they settle on Mo, and a gleaming bright smile reveals itself. "Especially you, Master Goblin. I'll enlighten you to your purpose, oh yes, the very reason my devious machinations set you here in this tower once you've gone and made yourself comfortable."

Neb
2011-10-30, 08:24 AM
Mo stares wide-eyed at the ale. In the tribe, drink was scarce.

Meanwhile, Snuffles picks at the books on the floor, hoping to find something tasty.

humson
2011-10-30, 09:32 AM
Xanice bows. Thank you Master Gallnor, you are too kind. My name is Xanice Duskwalker. Wizards often love the titles of respect, he thought. He then poured himself of ale.

TheGreatJabu
2011-10-30, 04:33 PM
Praiten Madus

The sergeant politely passes on the proffered pilsner. "None for me, good sir; not until the end of the duty-day or sundown - whichever comes first!"

Seeing Snuffles begin to forage through the scattered ledgers upon the floor, Praiten pulls a leftover piece of stale bread from the morning's breakfast out of his pouch and tosses it somewhere out of Gallnor's direct line of sight, hoping to keep the bird from fowling fouling things up.

OOC: If I'm simply mistaken about the current time of day and it IS after sundown, Praiten will gladly take a pint. Or two. But definitely not more than three. Unless everyone else is doing it.

thereaper
2011-10-31, 02:21 AM
Kima tends to prefer light elven wines (and even then she drinks very little, for fear of saying things she would regret), but she doesn't wish to seem impolite. She fills a single glass and pretends to take sips, so as to make that one glass last her as long as necessary. Every now and then she takes a real one to avoid suspicion.

Dakaran
2011-10-31, 07:53 AM
Percival "Quickdraw" Bishop

Percival remains in his seat as the others fill their glasses. He takes a sip of his own drink and looks into the glass, still half full, and shakes his head ever so slightly as he sets it down. That dwarven ale is some strong drink. I'd better not have any more or I might find myself singing like a bard like the last time I was convinced to have some dwarven ale. "Light" ale my foot...

Servbot
2011-10-31, 02:56 PM
Everyone:
"Most excellent!" Gallnor makes a sweeping motion and a portion of the fallen books begin scuttling out of the way. On second observation, they are carried by a series of small lights.

"Now then," the wizard continues, unperturbed, "as you've no doubt learned with the good sergeant in your midst, this town is plagued by Goblins, their chosen hobby one of harassment and plunder." He settles briefly on Mo, but continues swiftly.

"Naturally, I assume your visit to the guard implies you intend to go to the den of the wolf, by figure of speech, and cleanse the Goblin infestation, yes?

"It just so happens that one of those Goblins appears rather well-versed in arcane might, and I cannot help but marvel at his mastery." He pauses briefly, looks at the party for effect, and finishes, "Master Goblin, I'd like to hear all about your spellcasting kin, and so I set you the task of capturing that Goblin alive."

Gallnor smiles wryly. "Up until I saw your valiant battle against the raiders, I simply knew that I had to update my opinion of Goblins, and that they are not all savage buffoons, if you forgive me frankness."

It occurs to everyone that Gallnor is very fond of talking.

"Naturally," the man hastily adds, "you cannot overcome arcane might by swinging a sword around hopelessly, so I've procured you an ally." He indicates Percival rather pointedly.

Dakaran
2011-10-31, 03:36 PM
Percival is initially caught a little off guard by the situation suddenly unfolding, but not entirely surprised. Hm, it did seem as though the old man was stalling with his stories. He 'procured' me? Interesting, did he see me enter the town? No matter. Can I spare the time to aid this town with such a trivial matter as goblin encroachers? Hm... if these goblins are able to produce such a powerful arcane-wielder that Master Gallnor takes note then they must be powerful. Who knows what other powers they possess... I must investigate further. Percival realizes that he had started to stare off while getting lost in thought and regains his composure. Percival stands up and deciding to ignore the fact that the wizard didn't even think to confer with him about the matter Percival says "Hopefully I can be of use to you in the matter. I have a great deal of experience with outlaws and brigands." Percival quickly looks over the small group in the room, taking in as many details as he can, as he steps towards the man who identified himself as Sergeant Madus and extended his hand. "Sergeant Madus, it is good to meet you; I am Percival Bishop. May I presume that you are the officer in charge of this operation?"

Neb
2011-11-02, 09:28 AM
Mo switches back and forth from gaping at Gallnor and giving Praiten the stinkeye. Snuffles gobbles down the bread and rubs the top of his head on Praiten, a loving gesture for Dire Turkeys.

Neb
2011-11-02, 12:44 PM
Mo fumbles to answer to Gallnor's questions. Magic makes Mo nervous! "Ah...well, Sir Wizard Sir, we goblins don't have much use for book wizards. Well, other than as tasty snacks, errr, begging your pardon."

Mo stares at the floor and shuffles his feet.

"Most tribes have a shaman, Sir Wizard. The shaman can summon a mighty spirit dire turkey. The spirit turkey is the sign of the shaman's power. And unlike SOME dire turkeys, completely obedient." Mo gives Snuffles a nasty look. "The tribes are led by chieftains and the shaman is a spiritual guide. The shaman listens for portents from the wind and the earth and the great flocks of wild turkeys. The shaman also has an inner circle of those who have been chosen by wild dire turkeys, who act as commanders, leaders and advisers."

TheGreatJabu
2011-11-04, 09:13 PM
Snuffles gobbles down the bread and rubs the top of his head on Praiten, a loving gesture for Dire Turkeys.

Praiten Madus

Praiten is quite clearly flummoxed by the turkey's gesture of affection, and awkwardly (and somewhat absent-mindedly) scratched beneath Snuffles's beak to attempt to placate the creature.

Percival quickly looks over the small group in the room, taking in as many details as he can, as he steps towards the man who identified himself as Sergeant Madus and extended his hand. "Sergeant Madus, it is good to meet you; I am Percival Bishop. May I presume that you are the officer in charge of this operation?"

The sergeant takes his non-beak-scratching hand and shakes the man's hand. "A pleasure to make your acquaintance, good sir-mage. Although I am proud to serve as this unit's liaison to the Guard, it would be quite presumptuous of me to claim 'leadership'. They quite clearly have honorable purpose and direction; I merely strive to provide motivation!"

humson
2011-11-04, 09:42 PM
Xanice has been to many wizards guild across the world, sought many secrets, seen many goblins, surly he heard something of goblins spellcasters. Xanice also takes a sip of ale. Too much alcohol tend to make dull the mind. It could reduce his intelligence even combining word together.

OOC:
wasn't sure which one to roll so if you want nature it is 17
if you wart arcana is 28. now I would rather want arcana but not sure which one it would fall under.
EDIT: Oh yeah, you probbaly want the roll (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3252436/)

Dakaran
2011-11-04, 10:49 PM
Percival "Quickdraw" Bishop, Human Wizard

After hearing the Sergeant's response Percival replies, "Hm, very well. If your group is more, let's say "democratic", then I will simply follow your collective lead. I'll be ready when you need me to be."

Servbot
2011-11-05, 01:48 PM
Xanice:
Oh, you've seen Goblin Spellcasters before! Why, you even fought one before! You remember that its magic was predominantly focused on reorganising the battlefield and slowing your movements. You don't recall if you lost or won that battle, but you do recall running like hell because the Spellcasters have a host of minions supporting them.

Everyone:
Gallnor listens intently to Mo, then closes his eyes, leans back and conjures a small pipe, which he promptly lights and starts smoking. For a moment, he is entirely quiet, puffing small bits of smoke in the room.

Then, his eyes open again and he smiles. "I see. A helpful bit of information, which I should hastily record."

Despite this, the man makes no movements to begin recording. Instead, he turns his gaze to Praiten. "Now then, sergeant, I shouldn't keep your group for too long. It'll be early morning when you have to march, yes?

"Unless, of course, you have questions for me, do feel free to retire to the Inn. And once your adventure's done, come see me and bring me that arcanist of the Goblins. I should very much like to speak with him."

humson
2011-11-05, 03:34 PM
Freeing a hostage is one thing but kidnapping a leader of goblins is another. Is it wise to provoke an attack on the town? The ale was making him bold, he finishers the glass and pours himself some more.

thereaper
2011-11-06, 01:35 PM
"We can always defend the town if it comes to that."

Dakaran
2011-11-07, 04:58 PM
Percival/Quickdraw, Human Wizard

Turning to Xanice, Percival pipes up, "I must beg your pardon as I don't know your names, but good sir Eldarin, from what I've gathered during my time in this town and the details that Gallnor mentioned, goblins are already attacking this town and, provocation or not, they'll attack again." Gesturing towards Kima, Percival continues, "I would agree with you, good miss Elf. This town has a garrison and from I can gather the lot of you have some rather impression skills yourselves, otherwise you would not be here." Percival pauses for a moment and places a hand on his chin in a thoughtful manner before continuing, "Defensive measures are no longer acceptable for this town. Preventative measures must be taken. If we can land a blow against the renegade goblins and discern more about the enemy's power I would say that it is worth the risk."

TheGreatJabu
2011-11-07, 05:16 PM
"And once your adventure's done, come see me and bring me that arcanist of the Goblins. I should very much like to speak with him."

Praiten Madus

The sergeant nervously chews on his lower lip for a second. "So...we're to arrest the goblin wizard and bring him to you? That's...well, um..." A sudden look of realization flashes across Praiten's face, and he begins to grin broadly. "That's the most daring raid I've ever been tasked with! Why, this one will be more exciting than the time I served the citation for public intoxication to that traveling troupe of satyrs! We'll set out bright and early, sir!" He turns back to the others. "Right, team?"

Dakaran
2011-11-07, 09:32 PM

Praiten Madus
"Right, team?"

"I'm with you, Sergeant."

thereaper
2011-11-08, 01:43 AM
"Yes, we'll give those goblins what they deserve!"

Servbot
2011-11-08, 01:41 PM
Everyone:
As Praiten swiftly asserts his team's utter belief in their abilities, Gallnor nods approvingly, but makes no further comments to you. That over and done with, the party retreats from the tower, Quickdraw in tow, to the rooms they'd booked at Chet's.

Though initially surprised to see their party increase by one, Chet doesn't turn it into a large problem; the rooms prepared can accomodate one more person without too much problem, although Quickdraw'll have to bunk with one of the guys.

Naturally, Kima has a private room at the farthest end of the hallway on the second floor. Everyone else's rooms are closer to the staircase.

There's still some time before it's really late, and before you engage in an extended rest you may talk among yourselves, or perhaps with the guest that's attended Chet's inn in your absense: a spry young man with a backpack much too large to carry, and yet he carries it effortlessly.

He's introduced himself as Leflons, a traveling pedler of the arcane.

Anyone with a Passive Insight over 20:
You get the feeling Leflons isn't quite as much a "traveling pedler" who "sells low, buys even lower". He seems a bit like a dishonest figure, to be quite honest. An Insight check may teach you more of him.

Dakaran
2011-11-08, 02:10 PM

Percival returns with the others to the inn. Upon entering, Percival meets Leflons. After a cursory glance of Leflons wares and Leflons himself excuses himself as the man has nothing that Percival is presently interested in... at least nothing that he could afford. Feeling hungry Percival decides to find some food in the inn before going to sleep.

Neb
2011-11-08, 03:21 PM
Mo stumbles sleepily past Leflons, but Snuffles stops abruptly to stare at the merchant. Mo is about to jerk the leash to keep him moving, but then notices Leflons and decides to shop for a bit. He purchases a Potion of Cure Light Wounds and blearily heads to bed.

In the room, Mo points to the corner. "You sleep there, wormbreath! I don't want your smelly feathers all over me!"

During the night, Snuffles quietly gets onto the bed and settles in beside Mo, laying his head across the blankets covering the goblin.

humson
2011-11-08, 10:06 PM
Xanice chats with Leflons for a couple minutes but choose not to buy anything. When he done he goes to find Elya. When he finds her he gives her his former sword, the mundane and elegant eladrin made sword. When he gives her the sword, he says "Forgive me for not following this tradition before but when a swordmage receives a sword it only proper to give them their own sword.
After he is finish talking with Elya he returns to the bottom floor and sits at bench and starts to trance. After four hours, he spend an hour with the sword bonding it to him.
If he can find any meat he feed it to Pearlaxia.

thereaper
2011-11-09, 12:40 AM
Kima goes for a walk, but returns less than an hour later. She has a short conversation with Leflons, and retires to bed.

Servbot
2011-11-13, 11:12 AM
Everyone:
Day breaks soon enough. The party does what needs be done during the night, but all enjoy a rest and find themselves back in peak condition.

It is still early when everyone wakes and stumbles down to the inn's common room, where Chet is already busy mopping the floor. Of Elya, there continues to be no sign, despite Xanice's efforts to find her.

Chet looks up from his work when he sees you enter the common room, but spares nothing but a friendly nod before continuing with his task. Otherwise, the common room is entirely empty: Leflons appears to have departed as well.

If you have nothing else to do, it is likely a good plan to set out on whatever daily plans you have! To reach the Goblin lair, you need to leave from the southern gate.

Dakaran
2011-11-13, 01:11 PM

Percival returns Chet's friendly nod as he enters the common room. Percival feels refreshed from his night's sleep and despite being wildly thrown into a mission for the town, he's feeling rather at ease. It feels good to be part of an investigation again. I look forward to seeing what kind of powers this goblin possesses. Percival double checks that he has all of his belongings and waits patiently for the rest of his new companions to be ready to depart.

thereaper
2011-11-13, 10:50 PM
Kima walks out of her room, dressed and refreshed.

"Ah, what a nice day. The sun is shining, and I can hear birds chirping. Melora be praised."

humson
2011-11-18, 11:41 PM
Xanice was dissaponited by not being able to compleate the swordmage tradtion and vowed to give her hsi swordher the sword as soon as possible.
He noods to Chet then says. We better head out to goblin villige soon..

Servbot
2011-11-19, 08:00 PM
Everyone:
Chet looks up from his work to regard Xanice with a somewhat dull look. "I suppose you should," he simply responds, a bit uneasily. It doesn't look like he's fully aware of the company's goal.

Regardless, the travellers decide that they've spent enough time in town, and they swiftly march through town towards the southern gate, only to find the large gate doors have been closed shut. Two soldiers stand guard there, saluting the moment they spot Praetor.

"Good morrow, sir!" one of them says, when the travellers are at the gate. "There's been a rather morbid murder, this night," he continues, "so we've locked the gates. I reckon you need to head out, though?"

Servbot
2011-12-08, 06:21 AM
Everyone:

A quick exchange of views quickly permits the party to leave town: the guards, knowing Praiten, open a gate door to let everyone out, promising to let you in when you return from your adventure.

The road towards the Goblin den is uneventful and still, with the adventurers travelling in mostly silence, sharing some idle talk along the way. It doesn't take too long, thankfully, to reach the cave the Goblins have made their home.

When the adventurers venture inside, they find that the cave is dark, though thankfully the Goblins lit braziers, presumably to help their own sight as well. The smell of food drifts from down the corridor and the party, realising it is just about time for lunch, encroaches deeper into Goblin territory.

Eventually, they come upon an opened room, where a Goblin looks at them with a perplexed look, hunched over a fire: obviously, he's cooking.

"You!" it shrieks, pointing a trembling finger at the party. "What are you doing here?! Get out! Out!"

Without waiting for any chance of parley, the Goblin reaches for its weapon, while two other Goblins approach as well, alarmed by the noise.

The adventurers get ready for battle as well.

You are now in initiative.

It is Praiten's turn!

http://i.imgur.com/mY9wJ.png
Local map:
http://i.imgur.com/gVjQB.png
INITIATIVE:
Praiten (23)
Goblin Minion A3 (22)
Goblin Minion B2 (20)
Mo (20)
??????? (19)
Goblin Minion B1 (17)
Xanice (17)
Quickdraw (15)
Goblin Minion A1 (12)
??????? (12)
Kima (11)
Goblin Minion A2 (10)
??????? (8)
??????? (4)

PLAYERS
{table]Praiten|G16|23/23 HP|
Kima|F15|23/23 HP|
Mo|H16|23/23 HP|
Quickdraw|G15|??/?? HP|
Xanice|H14|31/31 HP|
Snuffles|F12|22/22 HP|[/table]

ENEMIES
{table]Goblin Minion A1|K13|0 HP lost|
Goblin Minion A2|K17|0 HP lost|
Goblin Minion A3|M20|0 HP lost|
Goblin Minion B1|U23|0 HP lost|
Goblin Minion B2|S23|0 HP lost|[/table]

INFO
- Your sight is limited in this encounter.
- Dousing a brazier takes a Minor Action. Doing so dispels its light, and creatures without dark vision suffer all penalties associated with being in the dark.
- Lighting a Sunrod takes a Minor Action to retrieve and a Minor Action to activate, unless you have the Quickdraw feat, at which point it is a Minor Action to both retrieve and activate.
- If you move but wait with your action until you know what you can view then, I will update appropriately and you can take your turn afterwards.
- If you cannot see the monster (do not have line of sight to it), you have no line of sight or line of effect to it. If you only partially see the creature (it's not in full sight), you do have line of sight and line of effect, but suffer a penalty due to the creature having partial concealment against you.

Servbot
2011-12-10, 07:08 AM
Everyone:
"Everyone, let's go!" Praiten roars, as he plunges headfirst into the battle, charging the nearest Goblin with his longsword. The weapon finds its mark easily, and the Goblin falls to the ground in a heap.

{table]Praiten||
Minor Action|Draw Longsword
Standard Action|Charge Goblin at K13, end movement J13|17 VS AC, Hit! Minion dies[/table]

The nearby Goblin scurries away from the fight, while a distant Goblin approaches the fight, yelling something to the other in Goblin.

Mo:
You understand the Goblin to be yelling, "Lure them closer, lure them in!"

It is now Mo's turn!

http://i.imgur.com/PRR7c.png
Mo view:
http://i.imgur.com/nO2xR.png

INITIATIVE:
Praiten (23)
Goblin Minion A3 (22)
Goblin Minion B2 (20)
Mo (20)
??????? (19)
Goblin Minion B1 (17)
Xanice (17)
Quickdraw (15)
Goblin Minion A1 (12)
??????? (12)
Kima (11)
Goblin Minion A2 (10)
??????? (8)
??????? (4)

PLAYERS
{table]Praiten|J13|23/23 HP|
Kima|F15|23/23 HP|
Mo|H16|23/23 HP|
Quickdraw|G15|??/?? HP|
Xanice|H14|31/31 HP|
Snuffles|F12|22/22 HP|[/table]

ENEMIES
{table]Goblin Minion A1|K13|0 HP lost|Dead
Goblin Minion A2|K17|0 HP lost|
Goblin Minion A3|???|0 HP lost|
Goblin Minion B2|Q17|0 HP lost|[/table]

INFO
- A Nature check tells you more about these Goblins. Mo has a +5 bonus to this check.
- Dousing a brazier takes a Minor Action. Doing so dispels its light, and creatures without dark vision suffer all penalties associated with being in the dark.
- Lighting a Sunrod takes a Minor Action to retrieve and a Minor Action to activate, unless you have the Quickdraw feat, at which point it is a Minor Action to both retrieve and activate.
- If you move but wait with your action until you know what you can view then, I will update appropriately and you can take your turn afterwards.
- If you cannot see the monster (do not have line of sight to it), you have no line of sight or line of effect to it. If you only partially see the creature (it's not in full sight), you do have line of sight and line of effect, but suffer a penalty due to the creature having partial concealment against you.

Neb
2011-12-10, 11:16 AM
Mo hesitates. "Don't move out too far! They're trying to separate us!" Mo charges into the room, brandishing his weapons, and Snuffles hot on his heels.

[Move action; Mo to J18, Snuffles to L16 to flank the goblin at K17]
[Standard Action: Twin Strike]
[Shortsword: 11 to hit (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3295589/) for 2 danage (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3295590/)]
[Dagger: 16 to hit (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3295591/) for 3 damage (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3295593/)

Servbot
2011-12-10, 05:53 PM
Everyone:
Mo's swift moves take down another of the Goblins before they can flee, and he can vaguely spot the form of the Goblin that tried to move away from the fight.

The soft patter of feet betrays another Goblin's presence nearby...

It is now Xanice's turn!

http://i.imgur.com/W5uVY.png
Xanice view:
http://i.imgur.com/dWxiS.png

INITIATIVE:
Praiten (23)
Goblin Minion A3 (22)
Goblin Minion B2 (20)
Mo (20)
??????? (19)
Goblin Minion B1 (17)
Xanice (17)
Quickdraw (15)
Goblin Minion A1 (12)
??????? (12)
Kima (11)
Goblin Minion A2 (10)
??????? (8)
??????? (4)

PLAYERS
Kima|F15|23/23 HP|
Mo|J18|23/23 HP|
Quickdraw|G15|??/?? HP|
Xanice|H14|31/31 HP|
Snuffles|L16|22/22 HP|[/table]

ENEMIES
Goblin Minion A2|K17|0 HP lost|Dead
Goblin Minion A3|Q16|0 HP lost|
Goblin Minion B2|Q17|0 HP lost|[/table]

INFO
- A Nature check tells you more about these Goblins. Mo has a +5 bonus to this check.

humson
2011-12-13, 11:26 PM
Xanice recalls all he knows about goblins before fey stepping foward to get a vantage point. He don't want to get to close to the darkness he can not see in and is cautious about mo's warning

Fey step to m19

nature check dont have assess to computer so can't use invisible castle sorry
[roll0]

Servbot
2011-12-14, 09:37 AM
Everyone:
Xanice knows these Goblins are just like any of the other Goblins they've seen. They're weak, preferring to gang up on people rather than attacking them one-on-one. There's unlikely to be much they can do against the party.

When Xanice moves forward, he catches a glimpse of a Goblin wearing a red hood, wielding a rusted mace. This is likely to be a stronger Goblin: the mace has some rusted blood on it, and was likely used to kill people. A strong blow to the head with one will leave you dazed for a while, and it might even stun you if the blow is hard enough.

It probably doesn't have any magical ability.

It is still Xanice's turn!

Xanice view:
http://i.imgur.com/5Kmr5.png

INITIATIVE:
Praiten (23)
Goblin Minion A3 (22)
Goblin Minion B2 (20)
Mo (20)
??????? (19)
Goblin Minion B1 (17)
Xanice (17)
Quickdraw (15)
Goblin Minion A1 (12)
Goblin Minion B3 (12)
Kima (11)
Goblin Minion A2 (10)
Goblin Minion B4 (8)
Goblin Brute (4)

PLAYERS
Kima|F15|23/23 HP|
Mo|J18|23/23 HP|
Quickdraw|G15|??/?? HP|
Xanice|H14|31/31 HP|

ENEMIES
Goblin Minion B2|Q17|0 HP lost|
Goblin Brute|W14|0 HP lost|[/table]

INFO

humson
2011-12-18, 11:30 AM
Xanice from his new view point sees the new goblins and charges at him

OOC:
Charge roll targeting r17 15 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3305932/)
Damge damge equals 2 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3305933/)

Servbot
2011-12-21, 11:00 AM
Everyone:
Xanice charges in and strikes hard, sending the Goblin to the ground in a bloody heap. However, his charge is responded by with a charge of a hidden Goblin, but not even the surprise attack manages to land a good blow on the Eladrin.

{table]Goblin A4||
Immediate Interrupt|Charge against creature ending turn within range|16 VS AC, miss![/table]

It is now Quickdraw's turn.

Full view:
http://i.imgur.com/ZXvO5.png
Quickdraw view:
http://i.imgur.com/53uvM.png

INITIATIVE:
Praiten (23)
Goblin Minion A3 (22)
Mo (20)
Goblin Minion B1 (17)
Goblin Minion A4 (19-2)
Xanice (17)
Quickdraw (15)
Goblin Minion B3 (12)
Kima (11)
Goblin Minion B4 (8)
Goblin Brute (4)

PLAYERS
Kima|F15|23/23 HP|
Mo|J18|23/23 HP|
Quickdraw|G15|??/?? HP|
Xanice|P18|31/31 HP|

ENEMIES
Goblin Minion A4|P17|0 HP lost|
Goblin Minion B2|Q17|0 HP lost|Dead
Goblin Minion B3|U13|0 HP lost|
Goblin Minion B4|U14|0 HP lost|

INFO

Dakaran
2011-12-21, 12:01 PM
Not wanting to see Xanice attacked from behind Quickdraw runs towards the eladrin. In one fluid motion Quickdraw unsheathes his wand and sends a white blast from the wand's tip deep into the cave at a goblin.

Move action: Move to M17
Standard action: Draw wand as free action and attack Minion B1 at U23 with Ray of Frost (Int vs Fort).
Attack: 1d20+4 Damage: 1d6+4 (1d20+4=7, 1d6+4=6) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3309607/)

Servbot
2011-12-21, 07:46 PM
Everyone:
Quickdraw advances into the cavern, sending a blinding Ray of Frost at a distant Goblin. However, the Ray goes errant at the last moment, harmlessly hitting the ground near the Goblin.

As it happens, another Goblin charges Xanice; however, it fares little better. Piercing the mythal protecting Xanice proves too difficult a challenge for the weaker Goblins.

{table]Goblin Minion B3||
Standard Action|Charge Xanice, 18 VS AC|Miss![/table]

It is now Kima's turn!

Full view:
http://i.imgur.com/59XN8.png
Kima view:
http://i.imgur.com/6NKgS.png

INITIATIVE:
Praiten (23)
Goblin Minion A3 (22)
Mo (20)
Goblin Minion B1 (17)
Goblin Minion A4 (19-2)
Xanice (17)
Quickdraw (15)
Goblin Minion B3 (12)
Kima (11)
Goblin Minion B4 (8)
Goblin Brute (4)

PLAYERS
Kima|F15|23/23 HP|
Mo|J18|23/23 HP|
Quickdraw|M17|22/22 HP|
Xanice|P18|31/31 HP|

ENEMIES
Goblin Minion B3|Q17|0 HP lost|

INFO

thereaper
2011-12-21, 08:35 PM
Kima moves to L18 and attacks the Goblin at P17 with Sacred Flame (21 attack (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3310276/), 9 dmg (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3310290/), and if hit Xanice gets 3 temp hp).

Servbot
2011-12-27, 10:44 PM
Everyone:
Kima moves in, blasting one of the Goblins with divine might, while empowering the mythal surrounding Xanice.

At this, another Goblin scuttles forward, charging Xanice with fervent fury. They might as well be facing a god, because the mythal again deftly deflects the attack, leaving the Goblins shaking with fright. It looks like the adventurers are a tad too powerful for these Goblins.

{table]Goblin B4||
Standard|Charge Xanice, 16 VS AC|Miss again![/table]

The Brute, however, is less perturbed. It lumbers forward, swinging the huge club it wields down to send a mighty tremor to the Swordmage. Alas, the mythal does not protect against mighty vibrations, and the Swordmage loses his footing, tumbling to the ground.

{table]Goblin Brute||
Move Action|Walk to T14|
Standard Action|Tremorwave, centred on O19, 23 VS Fort|Hit! 18 damage and Xanice is Prone[/table]

Praiten, however, does not purchase this nonsense. He marches up to the fight, waving his sword on high as he calls to Xanice, "Don't give up now! Victory is within sight!"

His words have a rousing effect on the Eladrin, invigorating most of the Swordmage's fighting spirit. Satisfied, Praiten sets on a nearby Goblin with a charge. The sword easily finds purchase with the creature, sending it to the ground in a bloody heap.

{table]Praiten||
Move Action|Move to M18|
Minor Action|Inspiring Word on Xanice, Healing Surge (7) + 1d6 (rolled a 6) healing!|Xanice heals 13 HP
Standard Action|Charge Goblin A3, 25 VS AC|Hit! Goblin Minion dies[/table]

It is now Mo's turn!

Full view:
http://i.imgur.com/iv8OS.jpg
Mo view:
http://i.imgur.com/lugmw.jpg

INITIATIVE:
Praiten (23)
Mo (20)
Goblin Minion B1 (17)
Goblin Minion A4 (19-2)
Xanice (17)
Quickdraw (15)
Goblin Minion B3 (12)
Kima (11)
Goblin Minion B4 (8)
Goblin Brute (4)

PLAYERS
{table]Praiten|P17|23/23 HP|
Kima|F15|23/23 HP|
Mo|J18|23/23 HP|
Quickdraw|M17|22/22 HP|
Xanice|P18|29/31 HP|Prone

ENEMIES
Goblin Minion A3|Q16|0 HP lost|Dead
Goblin Minion B3|Q17|0 HP lost|
Goblin Brute|T14|0 HP lost|[/table]

INFO