PDA

View Full Version : partial wildshap?

Stix
2011-08-22, 09:31 PM
I may be thinking about WoD here but is there a feat or ability that allows you to take only aspects of your wildshapes? could i be a normal human except with literal rhino-hide? that sort of thing

my googlefu has failed me. i beseech your input

gallagher
2011-08-22, 10:09 PM
i am not sure where it is, but there is a druid ACF that changes wildshape into some sort of shifting thing

Ernir
2011-08-22, 10:11 PM
You're probably looking for [Wild] feats, which let you expend Wild Shape uses for some benefits. There's quite a few of them in Complete Divine and Complete Champion, and a smattering in other books.

You can get thick hide with the Elephant's Hide feat, from Complete Divine.

Note that these feats aren't usually all that good, since you could often just use up a Wild Shape and transform into a full animal that does it better.

Flickerdart
2011-08-22, 11:19 PM
i am not sure where it is, but there is a druid ACF that changes wildshape into some sort of shifting thing
Shapeshifter ACF, PHBII. The fluff still has it as a complete transformation.

There's Aspects (ACF from UA) but they are absolutely terrible - the duration is cut down from hours/level to minutes.

Togath
2011-08-22, 11:53 PM
There are the Bite of the Were-(incert were-beast's name here) spells from spell compendium, which could work.

Edit: I looked up the spell levels for the bite of the were-beast spells, they are 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th level druid spells, they can also be cast by a wizard, but are a spell level higher, also there is the 5th level druid only spell Dire Hunger, which gives you a bite attack, and makes you attack the nearest living creature and try to eat it for 1/round level, all of the bite of the were-beast spells also give you the apearance of a were-beast for thier duration.

CTrees
2011-08-23, 06:33 AM
The Pathfinder animal druid ACFs (Bear Druid, Lion Druid, etc.) have pretty much exactly what you're looking for. Are they good? Well, they're okay. *shrug* Might be some gems; I was never excited enough to really dig for them.

Kobold-Bard
2011-08-23, 06:40 AM
Were-rhino? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9231073&postcount=68)

I know that's of no help since that was just a random example, but it does give you a rhino head :smallsmile:

Illusion spells will give you the look of animal-bits.

Warshaper from Complete Warrior lets you grow natural weapons (horns, fangs, claws, rhino horn, that sort of thing) regardless of what form you're in. If that's what you're after.

Stix
2011-08-23, 06:44 PM
mainly it's because i want to play a druid in a friends game because i love the nature's champion fluff of it but don't want to come out as broken. (of the 5 people already in the group there are 0 full casters and 1 half caster. so this is certainly a low op group) so i figured i'd go for a wildshape focus. powerful but not as good as a druid can be. and with MoMF i could have an obscene amount of Wildshapes/day and thought it would be cool to just be able to sprout wings/natural armor/claws/lowlight vision etc. when i needed it without full transformation.

while perhaps claiming to be a were-everything just to mess with people.

Gavinfoxx
2011-08-23, 06:47 PM
Well you could do Wildshaping Ranger into MoMF? Or you could take one of the many druid ACF nerfs out there? There are a few!

Stix
2011-08-23, 07:07 PM
yeah I'll have a peak at some druid ACFs. thanks

Zaq
2011-08-23, 07:10 PM
I think you nailed it already. Wildshap is indeed a partial wildshape. If you really try, you could get it down to wildsha or even wildsh, but that might be going too far.

Stix
2011-08-23, 07:25 PM
I think you nailed it already. Wildshap is indeed a partial wildshape. If you really try, you could get it down to wildsha or even wildsh, but that might be going too far.

was rather hoping no one would notice that

Optimator
2011-08-23, 08:50 PM
There's Aspects (ACF from UA) but they are absolutely terrible - the duration is cut down from hours/level to minutes.

It's still a fun and useful ability, especially considering what the ACF lets you keep: everything else (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/classFeatureVariants.htm#wildShapeVariantAspectOfN ature). Combine that with the low-op group and I think the ACF is exactly what he's looking for.