PDA

View Full Version : Help Wanted - Stock Monstrous NPC's

Gemini Lupus
2011-08-22, 09:59 PM
So I think I saw a thread like this a few weeks ago, but I can't seem to find it. Anywho, in the Pathfinder Game Mastery Guide, there are NPC statblocks for a variety of roles and challenge ratings, which I really like. And the thread that I saw seemed to have a similar idea with monstrous races such as Orcs, Goblins, Trolls, etc. My request to you, Playgrounders, is for ideas and/or statblocks for such NPCs.

*Note: If you contribute an idea, but not a statblock, please estimate a challenge rating for the NPC so that others may fill it in.

I'll start off with some ideas for Orcs and hopefully be able to put up some statblocks, but with school having just started, I may not have time. The primary races that I have in mind are Orcs, Goblins, Hobgoblins, Bugbears, Ogres, and Trolls, but of course more are welcome!

Thank you in advance!

Orcs:
Orc Warlord CR 17
Orc Warchief CR 14
Orc Champion CR 12
Orc Berserker CR 7
Orc Raider CR 5
Orc Fighter CR 4
Orc Conscript (Standard Orc)

Flickerdart
2011-08-22, 11:06 PM
The thread you're after is here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206881&page=2).

Runestar
2011-08-23, 05:30 AM
Orcs:
Orc Warlord CR 17 - Orc paragon3/barb5/fighter4/orc warlord5 (prc from RoF). Alternatively, Orc crusader17 with white raven maneuvers.
Orc Warchief CR 14
Orc Champion CR 12
Orc Berserker CR 7 - Orc barb2/fighter4/frenzied berserker2 (cr8)
Orc Raider CR 5 - Orc
Orc Fighter CR 4 - Orc barb2/fighter2
Orc Conscript (Standard Orc) - Orc barb1

Can't think of original builds for the rest.

Note: Dragon magic has that dragonblooded orc variant which grants free endurance, which paves the way for steadfast determination. This lets them dump wis and still have a decent will save. :smallbiggrin: Dragonblooded trait may also open the doors for interesting ACFs.