PDA

View Full Version : Zombie Apocalypse (help needed)

Darth Stabber
2011-08-22, 11:49 PM
So I am setting up a zombie apocalypse scenario and I need some help. The game is going to be run in Old World of Darkness, with some modifications (werecritters, mages, hedgewizards will be available to players). However since some of the people who may play in this campaign also use this board, I ask that if you know me IRL that you not read this as it will spoil the entire campaign. If you don't know me the remainder of this post is spoilered to protect the players.

The game begins on flight 341 from Tokyo to NY (and 341 is a a recurring number through out the narative). The players have heard rumors of a mutated form rabies beginning and ending in singapore, but their government claims to have it under control. The players are currently unawakened (except the possible hedge wizards). Once the pacific a couple of the passengers suddenly fly in to mad rage and starts attacking the other passengers, the players supernaturalness awakens to put down the threat, but delrium takes hold on the other passengers and one thing leads to another and the plane crashes over the canadian wilderness. Only the PCs survive, and are rescued by a sept of Gaia's Children and their Dreamspeaker allies. Flash forward a couple of monthes, and the players are initiated into their respective supernatural groups, but most of the world is in chaos. The elders of the sept see a connection between the new youngsters and the undead problem, and set them to the task of descerning how this happened and how to stop it.

Current facts
Zombie disease is a virus based on kindred blood. It's symptoms attract a specific sort of bane created in a lab by a rogue black spiral dancer theurge in a pentax lab. The project began as an attempt by pentax to create a self reproducing foot soldiers for the final battle ahead. The lead scientist sabatoged the project. His goal was almost noble in that he sought to use pentax's resources to create a weapon that would clean the earth of the weaver's machination, freeing the wyrm. As he purposefully released patient zero (experiment 341) in the jungles of southeast asia.

navar100
2011-08-23, 01:20 PM
What sort of help are you looking for? Is One World Of Darkness a game system or just a game world? Do you need game mechanics rules? Plots? What?

Best I can say for now is use The Lost template from 3E's Magic Incarnum. Using the emotion Rage gives you a "28 Days Later" motif.

Cieyrin
2011-08-23, 02:21 PM
What sort of help are you looking for? Is One World Of Darkness a game system or just a game world? Do you need game mechanics rules? Plots? What?

Best I can say for now is use The Lost template from 3E's Magic Incarnum. Using the emotion Rage gives you a "28 Days Later" motif.

Old World of Darkness, as opposed to New WoD, is a set of books put out by White Wolf providing rules for playing supernatural creatures: Werewolves, Vampires, the Fey, Mages, etc. Things changed a bit from Old to new in fluff and crunch but my knowledge on that front is a bit limited, as I don't get to play White Wolf all that often.

Darth Stabber
2011-08-23, 11:06 PM
I was mostly looking for help fleshing things out